** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Germany - Bundesliga II - 19-22 August

Re: Germany - Bundesliga II - 19-22 August

Germany Bundesliga 2 - 22.08.2011: Sankt Pauli - MSV Duisburg http://www.oddsportalxxx/soccer/germany/2-bundesliga-2011-2012/st-pauli-duisburg-806231/#ah;2 Sankt Pauli (-0.75) Odds: 2.11 (SBOBET) Stake: 5/10 Floodlight games at "Millerntorstadion" in Sankt Pauli are always something very special. Atmosphere in a football stadium can not be more impressive and the home advantage is very big in such a game. However, it is not the home advantage why I think that these odds on Sankt Pauli worth taking. It is just the way how both teams play football at the moment. Let's begin with Sankt Pauli. I must admit that they play extremely strong in this year. The defence is rock-solid with new signing Lasse Sobiech but their biggest strengths is their fantastic midfield. Fin Bartels does so well at the moment, he is someone who would easily be a regular in most Bundesliga clubs. I think that he is the best winger of the league. In general, they are very strong through the wings with players like Bruns or Kruse. Most of their goals have been scored through wing attacks. Also it is an interesting fact that all goals in this season have been scored by midfielders what is not really a suprise because their midfield has many players with Bundesliga quality. Howsoever, I think that their impressive wing play will be the key to success here. Duisburg is just too prone on the righ/left back positions. Right back Bollmann is old, slow and actually only acceptable when he plays on the central back position. The next very weak position is the left back position. Berberovic will be unavailable due to injury. Wolze who is actually a midfielder is likely to replace him. This is something where I see huge potential for the creating of goalscoring opportunities for Sankt Pauli. Their wings are extremely strong, Bartels is in the best form of his life as well as midfield leader Boll. They will be able to create a lot of goalscoring chances there. Some people who bet on Duisburg tonight will say that Sankt Pauli will be without Schachten and Takyi. But it is much rather an advantage and not a disadvantage. That might sound some strange but it is true. Takyi played so unbelievable bad during the past games, he was always Sankt Pauli's big weak point. He still played all the time because everybody knew how strong he was in 2009/2010 but in fact his last good display was 2 seasons ago. Schachten is a new signing and he did not make the best impression at all. He is solid in the defence but did not show anything in the offensive. Kalla will be an equal replacement. Therefore we have to know that the missings of Schachten and Takyi do not affect that Sankt Pauli's team strengths will be weaker. Duisburg is just so pathetic in this season. Last season their strategy were long and high balls only. Manager Milan Sasic loves this strategy and he seems to hate short passing play. But last season they had 2,02m striker Maierhofer who was great in spreading the balls to his team mates. Now they have small striker Kastrati instead of him and of course this strategy does not make any sense anymore. They have many good football players but as long as they do not stop using their high and long ball strategy from the previous season, they will not be succesful anymore. Another thing is that the team lacks team spirit. There are too many "ass holes" and selfish players like Jürgen Gjasula, Jiayi Shao and Emil Jula in the squad. I know that because these players had the same problems in their former clubs. Also they have so many new signings in the squad. There is hardly any player left who already played for Duisburg in the previous season. Hence the team has a lack of match practice together. This is what their manager Sasic always says as well when journalist asks him why his expensive team fails so hard every weekend. If I compare who both teams play at the moment, there are light years between Sankt Pauli and Duisburg. Especially in the midfield and on the wing positions, Sankt Pauli will have clear advantages. Duisburg still needs some weeks to be good enough to have chance against a top team. Sankt Pauli should be a much stronger favorutie, hence odds are too huge here and we take them for value. I'm sure that all 3 points will stay in Hamburg. Sankt Pauli should be able to win clearly too because of their good counter players, first of all Fin Bartels who will certainly score once at least.
FT 2:1 + 2.77 u Pretty deserved in the end of the day because Sankt Pauli simply had much more and better goalscoring chances. Duisburg had one excellent shot from the distance which hit the bar, one Jula opportunity and then a lucky flipper goal. That was everything and that is not enough to get something from Hamburg. Sankt Pauli didn't have their best day tonight but it was enough to beat Duisburg. Anyway Duisburg is improving at the moment and they will get their results sooner or later.

Re: Germany - Bundesliga II - 19-22 August

Just want to say thanks to Benny for his wonderful league 2 write ups!! I have been hooked on German football over the last year and love betting and watching bundesliga 2. I watched St Pauli in a couple of matches this season and they have really impressed me. They are a team that like to get the ball down and play attractive football and IMO they have the look and feel of a Bundesliga 1 side. As for Duisburg it hasn't been a great start for them and with so many new faces at the club it may be a while before they gel. St Pauli will have to much for a Duisburg side short of goals and flair. I am not sure about them covering the -1 ASIAN so I have taken them to win at 1.98 with bet365 I think the price has shrunk a bit since yesterday but there is still some value in the 4/5 for the home win. I really dont see Duisburg stopping St Pauli at this moment in time. For me this game will end up 1-0 or 2-0. :ok
Another well fought win from St Pauli :nana:nana:nana Duisburg played much better last night. With Juca back it wont be long before they claim some much needed points.