** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Germany - Bundesliga - 19-21 August

Friday 19 August 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Borussia Mönchengladbach v VfL Wolfsburg (19:30 BST) 2.76 3.55 2.76 100.63 %
Saturday 20 August 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Borussia Dortmund v 1. FC Nürnberg (14:30 BST) 1.34 5.5 12 100.92 %
maximize.gif FC Augsburg v 1899 Hoffenheim (14:30 BST) 2.88 3.45 2.62 101.88 %
maximize.gif FC Bayern München v Hamburger SV (14:30 BST) 1.37 5.49 10.5 100.69 %
maximize.gif VfB Stuttgart v Bayer 04 Leverkusen (14:30 BST) 2.5 3.61 3.02 100.81 %
maximize.gif Werder Bremen v SC Freiburg (14:30 BST) 1.65 4.34 6 100.31 %
maximize.gif 1. FC Köln v 1. FC Kaiserslautern (17:30 BST) 2.38 3.58 3.35 99.80 %
Sunday 21 August 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif 1. FSV Mainz 05 v FC Schalke 04 (14:30 BST) 2.68 3.5 2.89 100.49 %
maximize.gif Hannover 96 v Hertha BSC (16:30 BST) 2.24 3.6 3.75 99.09 %

Re: Germany - Bundesliga - 19-21 August German Soccer 2011-2012 0W-1L-0P -1.00 units (0.00%) Wolfsburg pick -111 to win 1 unit @ 5dimes Wolfsburg and Gladbach have started the seasons pretty much the same way. A couple of good wins. Gladbach got real unforunate with a loss to Munich where a goal was scored in the 90th minute. Wolfsburg has played Gladbach pretty well in the past, having lost only 1 game against them since 2006. Feel pretty comfortable taking the pick here.

Re: Germany - Bundesliga - 19-21 August Gurv, you meant Wolfsburg loss to Munich, Gladbach have won there. When I am here, to comment on the outcome. Not really sure, I agree W'burg are favs, so these odds should be taken, still Gladbach have played a solid game last week drawing with Stuttgart, they seem to be better than what I expected some weeks ago

Re: Germany - Bundesliga - 19-21 August Some info from Koln camp...First choice GK Michael Rensing will not be able to play on Saturday against Kaiserslautern because of injury, so his place will be in hands of Varvodic (22 year old Croat) who already played some games last year. Transfer of Mohamad to Al Ahly is not yet finished, but it is unlikely he will play...Also Podolski is doubtful

Re: Germany - Bundesliga - 19-21 August

German Soccer 2011-2012 0W-1L-0P -1.00 units (0.00%) Wolfsburg pick -111 to win 1 unit @ 5dimes Wolfsburg and Gladbach have started the seasons pretty much the same way. A couple of good wins. Gladbach got real unforunate with a loss to Munich where a goal was scored in the 90th minute. Wolfsburg has played Gladbach pretty well in the past, having lost only 1 game against them since 2006. Feel pretty comfortable taking the pick here.
I agree with you, Wolfsburg (0) for 1.89 @ SBOBET is worth a shot. In addition to that I see value in an under 2.5 for 1.95/1.88 @ Stan James / Pinnacle Sports. I expect Wolfsburg to go on the offensive and Gladback to defend.

yep sorry guys' date=' I meant Wolfsburg got unlucky to lose to Munich :spank[/quote'] Yes,Wolfsburg was really unlucky.They scored a goal which was called off ( the referee saw it offside which wasn't as we could see cleary). Wolfsburg will make the play.Gladbach misses Stranzl,Brouwers und de Cmargo who are higly important.My predict 0:1

Re: Germany - Bundesliga - 19-21 August What about Under guys ? I know german league is unpredictable and sometimes tehre's goal fest on the mathes but it seems to me Gladbach is doing better defensively than last season and the under is priced at high odds. Under 2,5 @ 1,95 and Under 3,5 @ 1,31. Opinions ?

What about Under guys ? I know german league is unpredictable and sometimes tehre's goal fest on the mathes but it seems to me Gladbach is doing better defensively than last season and the under is priced at high odds. Under 2,5 @ 1,95 and Under 3,5 @ 1,31. Opinions ?
Yes - Unders on Gladbach look good value to me - were pretty defensive last season, and I think the unders odds should be lower than this, so good value.

Re: Germany - Bundesliga - 19-21 August Gladbach - Wolfsburg I see an advantage on the Wolves here. First of all, Coach Magath is for me one of the smartest Coaches in Bundesliga and of course he will have a strategy versus Gladbach at home. Wolfsburg lost versus Munich very unlucky but they won the opener versus Cologne. Gladbach won versus Munich in the first round and a 1:1 followed versus Stuttgart. But Gladbach will have some personnel problems. Two defender are out (Stranzl and Brouwers) and also a goal getter from the Munich Match Camargo is out. Magath placed another Tranfer Coup. Hitzlsberger "the Hammer" signed a brand new contract this week and trained on thursday the first time with the Team. He will be available but he will start from the bench at first. Magath gave them the Number 10 - that's all what you have to say to the German Midfielder. But Magath has also some missings. Ochs and the asian player Koo aren't available for the Gladbach Match. possible Lineup Mönchengladbach: Ter Stegen - Jantschke, Nordtveit, Dante, Daems - Marx, Neustädter - Rupp, Arango - Reus, Hanke Wolfsburg: Benaglio - Hasebe, Kjaer, Russ, Schäfer - Träsch, Josue (Hitzlsperger) - Dejagah, Salihamidzic - Helmes, Mandzukic For me, the Wolfsburg Lineup looks better than Gladbach. Gladbach is strong on the Home side so everything is open. But imo - we have some more weight on the away side. Wolfsburg to win

Re: Germany - Bundesliga - 19-21 August I'll be jumping on Wolfsburg DNB @ 1.76, and the match to finish with under 2.5 goals @ 1.80. Both bets with Sportsbet. It's a tough fixture to predict but I feel like Wolfsburg have a better squad and pedigree. Coupled with the opinions of you other punters, I'll happily jump on them tonight. :cheers

I'll be jumping on Wolfsburg DNB @ 1.76' date= and the match to finish with under 2.5 goals @ 1.80. Both bets with Sportsbet. It's a tough fixture to predict but I feel like Wolfsburg have a better squad and pedigree. Coupled with the opinions of you other punters, I'll happily jump on them tonight. :cheers
totally agree and will flow you..... under2.5 :hope:hope

Yes - Unders on Gladbach look good value to me - were pretty defensive last season' date=' and I think the unders odds should be lower than this, so good value.[/quote'] FT: 4-1 So maybe the unders weren't such good value ;) (I saw a bit of the first half, and Gladbach looked the better side and a much more impressive, attacking side than when I saw them last season.)

I agree with you' date=' Wolfsburg (0) for 1.89 @ SBOBET is worth a shot. In addition to that I see value in an under 2.5 for 1.95/1.88 @ Stan James / Pinnacle Sports. I expect Wolfsburg to go on the offensive and Gladback to defend.[/quote'] FT: 4-1 :(

Re: Germany - Bundesliga - 19-21 August Hoffenheim Draw No Bet @ 1.83 (Coral) Hoffenheim go in to this one off the back of a win over the champions Dortmund, and I think the momentum from that one will see them, at worst, get a draw. Augsburg have had a good start to life in the Bundesliga, salvaging a draw against Freiburg and drawing at Kaiserslauten, but I still don't see 'em having enough for a win here.

Re: Germany - Bundesliga - 19-21 August Stuttgart - Leverkusen: Leverkusen @ 3.00 (Bet365) 10/10 The odds for Leverkusen's win are far too long to ignore, I think. Last season Stuttgart finished in 12th place and placed 14th in the home record ranking. Yes, they have started the season with 2 positive results (home win against Schalke: 3-0; and an away draw against Gladbach: 1-1), but I don't think this is enough to make them favourites around 2.20-2.50 against Leverkusen. I have my doubts about how much they may have improved and the two results don't confirm anything. Leverkusen started the season in a less than certain way (lost at Mainz 0-2 and barely defeated Werder at home 1-0) and I bet against them last week and lost. It should be remembered that Leverkusen finished in 2nd place last season and had the best away record (won 65% of their matches!). The last 6 h2h favour Leverkusen (4-0-2) including a 1-4 win last year at Stuttgart. Leverkusen has a better roster and given the odds should be taken to win here. Good Luck...:hope

Re: Germany - Bundesliga - 19-21 August Dortmund -1.5 ah @2.07 7/10pts Borussia Dortmund has a very good h2h record against Nuernberg, and need a win badly after last week's loss at Hoffenheim. Klopp will have most of his talent available for this game; only Barrios will be missing. As for Nuernberg - some first choice players are sidelined, among them the experienced goallie, who will be replaced by an 18-year-old talent. Borussia are very strong at home and I think they wont disappoint in front of the sold out home ground. Cheers

Re: Germany - Bundesliga - 19-21 August Cologne-K'lautern DNB 2 eurobet 2,25 5/10 Cologne started the season very poor.They have some problems.Defender Mohamad is gone,Pezoni is injured,keeper Rensing is injured,striker Podolski is doubtful ( illness).In both of their previous matches they could have lost higher. K'lautern didn't start well but they are better than Cologne.THey got some absentees but they are not important. K'lautern to take a draw at least.

Re: Germany - Bundesliga - 19-21 August Bayern Munich-HSV Bayern to keep a clean sheet betfair 2,10 4/10 Bayern has a good defense.Every player is available.Their defense played good so far. HSV comes the whole way from north down to south without 3 of their 4 strikers:Petric,Berg and Guerrrero are all out.So young South Korean striker Son will be the only striker. Munich won't concede a goal.Hamburg's offense is not good enough.They were very lucky to draw with Berlin last week,they could have lost 2:4 and it would have been deserved. GL

Bayern Munich-HSV Bayern to keep a clean sheet betfair 2' date='10 4/10[/color'] Bayern has a good defense.Every player is available.Their defense played good so far. HSV comes the whole way from north down to south without 3 of their 4 strikers:Petric,Berg and Guerrrero are all out.So young South Korean striker Son will be the only striker. Munich won't concede a goal.Hamburg's offense is not good enough.They were very lucky to draw with Berlin last week,they could have lost 2:4 and it would have been deserved. GL
5:0:beer

Hoffenheim Draw No Bet @ 1.83 (Coral) Hoffenheim go in to this one off the back of a win over the champions Dortmund, and I think the momentum from that one will see them, at worst, get a draw. Augsburg have had a good start to life in the Bundesliga, salvaging a draw against Freiburg and drawing at Kaiserslauten, but I still don't see 'em having enough for a win here.
2-0 :)

Stuttgart - Leverkusen: Leverkusen @ 3.00 (Bet365) 10/10 The odds for Leverkusen's win are far too long to ignore, I think. Last season Stuttgart finished in 12th place and placed 14th in the home record ranking. Yes, they have started the season with 2 positive results (home win against Schalke: 3-0; and an away draw against Gladbach: 1-1), but I don't think this is enough to make them favourites around 2.20-2.50 against Leverkusen. I have my doubts about how much they may have improved and the two results don't confirm anything. Leverkusen started the season in a less than certain way (lost at Mainz 0-2 and barely defeated Werder at home 1-0) and I bet against them last week and lost. It should be remembered that Leverkusen finished in 2nd place last season and had the best away record (won 65% of their matches!). The last 6 h2h favour Leverkusen (4-0-2) including a 1-4 win last year at Stuttgart. Leverkusen has a better roster and given the odds should be taken to win here. Good Luck...:hope
:clap

Bayern Munich-HSV Bayern to keep a clean sheet betfair 2' date=10 4/10 Bayern has a good defense.Every player is available.Their defense played good so far. HSV comes the whole way from north down to south without 3 of their 4 strikers:Petric,Berg and Guerrrero are all out.So young South Korean striker Son will be the only striker. Munich won't concede a goal.Hamburg's offense is not good enough.They were very lucky to draw with Berlin last week,they could have lost 2:4 and it would have been deserved. GL
Nice call :ok I saw a lot of the game, and Bayern were excellent and Hamburg terrible. (Having seen Bayern beat Zurich in the Champions League, I'm not quite so convinced about their defence, as Zurich came close to scoring, but the gulf in class today was as big as the Atlantic ...)

Nice call :ok I saw a lot of the game, and Bayern were excellent and Hamburg terrible. (Having seen Bayern beat Zurich in the Champions League, I'm not quite so convinced about their defence, as Zurich came close to scoring, but the gulf in class today was as big as the Atlantic ...)
thanks I have seen the match against Zurich as well and Zurich had absolutely no chance to score.I don't know which game you have seen. Yes,the difference today was really big but that is normal.Hamburg is making an wholsale changeto their swuad.Many players have left and many young players came.Today,3 of their 4 strikers were unavailable.

Cologne-K'lautern DNB 2 eurobet 2,25 5/10 Cologne started the season very poor.They have some problems.Defender Mohamad is gone,Pezoni is injured,keeper Rensing is injured,striker Podolski is doubtful ( illness).In both of their previous matches they could have lost higher. K'lautern didn't start well but they are better than Cologne.THey got some absentees but they are not important. K'lautern to take a draw at least.
draw

Dortmund -1.5 ah @2.07 7/10pts Borussia Dortmund has a very good h2h record against Nuernberg, and need a win badly after last week's loss at Hoffenheim. Klopp will have most of his talent available for this game; only Barrios will be missing. As for Nuernberg - some first choice players are sidelined, among them the experienced goallie, who will be replaced by an 18-year-old talent. Borussia are very strong at home and I think they wont disappoint in front of the sold out home ground. Cheers
a nice profit on this one, although Dortmund didn't play the way I was expecting

Re: Germany - Bundesliga - 19-21 August Hannover - Berlin I watched the Euro League Match versus Sevilla in the middle of the week and H96 played well against Sevilla. Sure, the spanish Team is only infront of the season and Hannover played two rounds before they met Sevilla. But they haven't fear andwon 2-1 in the first leg. Much self confidence for the home leg versus Newby Hertha Berlin. Berlin played two rounds, and shared the Points with a poor Hamburg and lost versus Nuremberg at home in the capital 0-1. Hannover managed two wins versus Hoffenheim at home in the opening match 2-1 and in the second round they beaten Nuremberg away 2-1. With the win over Sevilla this week they made 9 of possible 9 points. Coach Slomka can count on Ya Konan again. The Forward was injured but he's back on track and will start next to Schlaudraff (both goals against Sevilla). Balance: 7-10-15 In the last first league season of Hertha, Berlin managed only against Hannover two wins. For me Hannover looks much better than Berlin. Hannover have a lot self confidence and 3 wins from the last 3 games. They can count on nearly all important players, Hertha also. Hannover to win at home

Re: Germany - Bundesliga - 19-21 August Mainz - Schalke a tuff game for me. Mainz started well, Schalke is coming more and more to a good performance. The latest news that Star Raul will play for Schalke in this season will have a good point for the team. Mainz is strong on the home side. Gamebookers Odds 2.30 - 3.40 - 2.90 [today] Balance in total - 3-1-6 Missings: Mainz: Gopko, F. Heller, Szalai Schalke: Escudero, Hoogland, Metzelder, Kenia, Kluge We have the potential for an over 2.5 on both sides. But I guess that both Coaches will build their play on the defense but I'm not sure. Short decision Draw over 2.5 goals

Sport Football (Germany)
Event Hannover - Hertha
Selection Hannover -1.5 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 21/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Gamebookers @ 4.20
Reasoning Hanover is one of the nice team from Germany, a small team in compared with other big names but a team united, a team that play very well because it is created a good system there with same important players. With a great last season, finishing 4th but very close to steal Bayern CL place, 3th team at home with 12-1-4, with a good start this season, 2/2 and a win in EL 2-1 vs Sevillia, I expect a minimum 2-0 win, the odd is very attracting and Herta isn't impress me with nothing. Good luck!