Announcements
*** Ascot Festival Competition: Well done to 1st. RUG, 2nd. Soi Bongkot & 3rd. Jediknight ***
** July Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, =2nd muttley, =2nd kevsul **
** June Naps Competition Result: 1st Kingdom for, 2nd Offramp, 3rd glavintobuy, 4th bymatrix. KO Cup Winner: Kingsom for, Most Winners: Johnrobertson **

Cornering the market - 2011/2012

I had a lot of success in the corner handicap and corner under/overs market last year and I think its one of the few markets where I am in profit over the last year. Going to try and see if I can be as successful this time round. Starting with a 100pt bank. ------------ Man City v Swansea Bet: Over 11 corners Odds: 10/11 Bookie: Bet365 Stake: 5pts Reasoning: Should be quite an open game with both teams playing with plenty of width. Swansea managed quite a few corners away from home last season and although this is a much harder test, I still expect them to play some decent football and try and hit City on the break with Sinclair and Dyer. I'm expecting about 13 or 14 corners so this looks decent value.

Re: Cornering the market - 2011/2012

Man City v Swansea Bet: Over 11 corners Odds: 10/11 Bookie: Bet365 Stake: 5pts
11 corners exactly :\ There were 11 corners with 10 minutes to go as well, and Joe Hart somehow kept one from going out in the dying minutes. An unlucky start but plenty more to come. Bank: 95pts

Re: Cornering the market - 2011/2012 Hearts v Spurs Bet: Spurs -1 corner odds: 10/11 Bookie: StanJames Stake: 7.5pts A lot of width in Spurs team and I expect them to be on the front foot for most of the game. Krankjar, Defoe, VDV and Livermore won't be afraid to shoot from distance and could get quite a few corners from that.

Re: Cornering the market - 2011/2012 Hearts 6 - 4 Spurs :puke I knew Spurs would be dominant but I didn't expect it to be that easy! I thought Hearts might hold out a bit longer and Spurs would have a lot of the posession but it turned out to be too easy and although they were 3-1 up on corners at half time, they let Hearts back into it after the break. Another dissapointing result. Bank: 87.5pts

Re: Cornering the market - 2011/2012 Arsenal v Liverpool Bet: Arsenal -1 Corners odds: 13/10 Bookie: WillHill Stake: 7.5pts In the last 3 years at the Emirates Arsenal have an average handicap of about -3. From the looks of it Liverpool are setting up quite defensively and will invite pressure which will help this bet. Two shakey defences playing against two similar 4-3-3 formations. Should offer a lot of width.

Re: Cornering the market - 2011/2012

jk - Do you take account of which side is likely to be chasing the game when working out these bets?
Of course, its one the of the many factors I take into account. Anyway, Arsenal won the corner count 9-5 for a return of +9.75 points. Bank now stands at 97.25pts.

Re: Cornering the market - 2011/2012 Swansea v Wigan Bet: Swansea -1 Corners odds: 13/10 Bookie: WillHill Stake: 7.5pts A lot of width in the Swansea team with Dyer and Sinclair. They play good football and I'm expecting them to dominate poessesion against Wigan. At home last season they averaged +3.6 on the corner handicap at home. Wigan averaged -1.5 away from home.

Re: Cornering the market - 2011/2012 Swans were 4-0 up on corners with 5 minutes of first half to go. Wigan they got 3 corners in about 2 minutes :( Ended 7-7 so its another loss and bank back down to 89.75.