** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

England > Midweek > BlueSQ Bet North & South Aug 15-17

BlueSQ Bet North Monday 15 August 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Hinckley United v Gainsborough Trinity (19:45 BST) 7/5 13/5 2 102.78 %
maximize.gif Worcester City v Vauxhall Motors (19:45 BST) 1/1 11/4 7/2 98.89 %
Tuesday 16 August 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Altrincham FC v Workington (19:45 BST) 4/6 14/5 7/2 108.42 %
maximize.gif Blyth Spartans v FC Halifax Town (19:45 BST) 13/8 13/5 13/10 109.35 %
maximize.gif Boston United v Histon (19:45 BST) 4/6 14/5 4 106.77 %
maximize.gif Colwyn Bay v Hyde FC (19:45 BST) 6/5 13/5 15/8 107.95 %
maximize.gif Droylsden v Guiseley (19:45 BST) 6/4 13/5 8/5 106.24 %
maximize.gif Nuneaton Town v Gloucester City (19:45 BST) 8/11 11/4 3 109.47 %
maximize.gif Solihull Moors v Eastwood Town (19:45 BST) 6/4 13/5 8/5 106.24 %
maximize.gif Stalybridge Celtic v Harrogate Town (19:45 BST) 5/6 11/4 13/5 108.84 %
Wednesday 17 August 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Corby Town v Bishop's Stortford (19:45 BST) 10/11 14/5 7/2 100.02 %
BlueSQ Bet South Tuesday 16 August 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Basingstoke Town v Weston-super-Mare (19:45 BST) 4/6 14/5 7/2 107.52 %
maximize.gif Bromley v Boreham Wood (19:45 BST) 7/5 5/2 7/4 106.60 %
maximize.gif Dartford v Eastbourne Borough (19:45 BST) 5/4 13/5 15/8 106.94 %
maximize.gif Dorchester Town v Maidenhead United (19:45 BST) 6/5 13/5 15/8 107.95 %
maximize.gif Staines Town v Chelmsford City (19:45 BST) 7/4 13/5 13/10 107.62 %
maximize.gif Thurrock v Dover Athletic (19:45 BST) 3 11/4 4/5 107.22 %
maximize.gif Tonbridge Angels v Sutton United (19:45 BST) 5/4 13/5 9/5 107.94 %
maximize.gif Truro City v Eastleigh (19:45 BST) 19/20 13/5 9/4 109.77 %
maximize.gif Woking v Hampton & Richmond (19:45 BST) 2/5 7/2 6 107.94 %
Wednesday 17 August 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Farnborough v Salisbury City (19:45 BST) 11/8 13/5 8/5 108.26 %
maximize.gif Havant & Waterlooville v Welling United (19:45 BST) 6/5 13/5 5/2 101.80 %

Re: England > Midweek > BlueSQ Bet North & South Aug 15-17 Boreham Wood away at Bromley (7/4 Bodog). While I've certainly not bought into the idea that Boreham Wood will do very well this season after a summer spend, I do think they'll have too much for a reshaped Bromley. Bromley's scratchy away win at Hampton is to be applauded, but in fairness it's a good time to be meeting a Hampton side that has been even more radically converted. Wood went down at home to Havant in a rather bloodless performance, but they lost Luke Garrard early in the match, and although they battled gamely Havant had too much for them. Garrard and Mario Noto will be missing Tuesday, but they have some depth to the squad this season and they won't be facing anything like the same challenge that Havant's experienced campaigners offered.

Re: England > Midweek > BlueSQ Bet North & South Aug 15-17 Corby Town at home to Bishop's Stortford (10/11 BlueSQ) I mentioned in the antepost thread that I think Corby will do better than expected this season, but I didn't expect the result at Halifax. The off-the-field transistional period has passed, and manager Graham Drury has been able to execute his usual summer MO: sign up 32 players in June and hone the numbers down. Drury, who started managing way down the pyramid and worked his way up, has an eye for hidden gems and he may have uncovered another in Jordan Smith. Matt Rhead, of course, is well known to regulars on the Punter's Lounge non-league threads, and Corby generally have a more solid look this season. They were lively going forward yesterday, and although they look vulnerable to the sort of organised outfit that can nick a goal and defend, I don't think Bishop's Stortford are that.

Re: England > Midweek > BlueSQ Bet North & South Aug 15-17 Hinckley v Gainsborough Trinity Trinity spent big last season but failed badly as Brian Little's side were fighting relegation rather than chasing promotion. The Trinity chairman has continued to back Little though and again a promising squad has been assembled and fans will finally be hoping that the gaffer can get things right on the pitch. It was certainly a decent start on Saturday as they came from a goal down to beat Solihull 3-1 in what turned into a pretty comfortable success. They have a good chance to build on that when travelling to Hinckley on Monday evening. It is fair to say Hinckley were woeful at the weekend, judging by what I have read and were lucky Guiseley only put three past them. Hinckley barley managed an attack during the 90 minutes of play and considering the narrow gap between matches, it is hard to see too much improvement. It seems to me that bookmakers have priced this game up on what happened last season rather than the fact Trinity should be a fair few places higher than Hinckley come April and Blue Square's 2/1 looks rather generous

Re: England > Midweek > BlueSQ Bet North & South Aug 15-17 Price has gone on Trinity now and best price is 28/17 with bwin at the moment. Bet 365 are betting in play on both BSN games tonight. Having seen Bishops Stortford on Saturday I would be amazed if they could get anything out of the Corby game. The price has gone into 8/11 now though and my advice would be too stick them in a double with Chester which pays 2/1 with Paddy Power.

Re: England > Midweek > BlueSQ Bet North & South Aug 15-17

Price has gone on Trinity now and best price is 28/17 with bwin at the moment. Bet 365 are betting in play on both BSN games tonight. Having seen Bishops Stortford on Saturday I would be amazed if they could get anything out of the Corby game. The price has gone into 8/11 now though and my advice would be too stick them in a double with Chester which pays 2/1 with Paddy Power.
Do Bet365 usually have so many (I see around fifty) markets for games in this league? They didn't even have the games up over the weekend, so I was just wondering if this was some kind of one-off?

Do Bet365 usually have so many (I see around fifty) markets for games in this league? They didn't even have the games up over the weekend' date=' so I was just wondering if this was some kind of one-off?[/quote'] They do for games they bet in play on. Often on a Monday and Wednesday night they will bet in play on the non-league games that take place and if its a quiet Tuesday then on some Tuesday matches as well.

Re: England > Midweek > BlueSQ Bet North & South Aug 15-17 I was at Maidenhead v Tonbridge Angels game on Saturday and as well as extending my incredible record with Maidenhead (they've taken just one point from the ten games that I've seen them play down the years!), I saw enough to make me want to have a couple of small bets today. I must say that it didn't feel like a 4-0 game, but Maidenhead looked really vulnerable and likely to concede whenever Tonbridge attacked. I've seen Jon Main play better but he still scored, and Tonbridge were impressive going forward. I didn't like the Tonbridge keeper much, especially when he was trying (and largely failing) to deal with crosses, but 5/4 on Tonbridge to beat Sutton United (who lost 5-0 at home on Saturday) looks decent. I might play safe and go for the DNB @ 4/6, but I'll decide later. I don't know if I am a curse on Maidenhead, but whevener I see them play they're crap. I'm less keen on Dorchester to beat Maidenhead at 6/5 (5/4 for those lucky enough to have a Bet365 account) than I am on Tonbridge, especially after Dorchester lost 4-0 on Saturday. Again, I'm considering the DNB option. Can anyone persuade me not to do doubles and trebles with Woking @ 2/5 against Hampton & Richmond as a banker?

Re: England > Midweek > BlueSQ Bet North & South Aug 15-17 By the way if you dont have a Bet 365 account you should get one. The Dover manager was not impressed with his team on Saturday even though they won 4-0 which suggests to me Dorchester are crap. I would say that those two teams are as bad as each other which always means its a leave alone game for me. Im probably going to go to the Woking game tonight and the price is short but it would be a surprise if they didnt win.

Re: England > Midweek > BlueSQ Bet North & South Aug 15-17 Nuneaton v Gloucester City Gloucester landed the nap comfortably on Saturday with a 2-0 win over Vauxhall Motors and it backed up my feeling that Gloucester will be a force to be reckoned with in the Blue Square North this season. There seems to be a new confidence in the squad that they are capable of performing and winning at this level and there is quality in the ranks as well. Nuneaton will be tougher opponents on Tuesday but they were disappointing against a Stalybridge who had ten men for 80 minutes of the game and still won. They were missing players on Saturday and it looks like being the case again here. Former City player Lee Smith will no doubt be up for the match but the Gloucester boys know exactly what he is capable of and that should help them deal with his threat, which is going to be Nuneaton’s main one. Gloucester are able to cause Nuneaton plenty of problems judging by their respective performances at the weekend and Blue Square’s 100/30 is simply too big.

Re: England > Midweek > BlueSQ Bet North & South Aug 15-17 I have a Bet365 account, but I'm not allowed to use it as I can't remember the phone number at the house where I lived in 2004! Incredible, but sadly true. I might give Dorchester a swerve, but I'm keen on Tonbridge. Small stakes only, as it's far too early in the season for me to be getting heavily involved.

I have a Bet365 account, but I'm not allowed to use it as I can't remember the phone number at the house where I lived in 2004! Incredible, but sadly true. I might give Dorchester a swerve, but I'm keen on Tonbridge. Small stakes only, as it's far too early in the season for me to be getting heavily involved.
Is it possible to close that account and then open another one up? I cant believe they wouldnt want the custom seems silly to stop you betting with them over something like that.

Re: England > Midweek > BlueSQ Bet North & South Aug 15-17 Apologies for Boreham Wood - that tip stinks the house out! I clearly underestimated the resources at their disposal - they were very light in midfield and I'm guessing it showed. Bromley's Hakeem Arava looks like one to watch this season. Good call by M&P on Dorchester tonight - a good double with Woking, too.

Re: England > Midweek > BlueSQ Bet North & South Aug 15-17 In the end, after much agonising, I didn't get involved! If I had done and had gone for doubles and trebles, I'd have ended up pretty much level. Ho hum. It's good to see Maidenhead aren't just hopeless when I watch them! But Tonbridge losing 4-1 at home to a side that lost 5-0 at home on Saturday is a bit of a turn-up.

In the end, after much agonising, I didn't get involved! If I had done and had gone for doubles and trebles, I'd have ended up pretty much level. Ho hum. It's good to see Maidenhead aren't just hopeless when I watch them! But Tonbridge losing 4-1 at home to a side that lost 5-0 at home on Saturday is a bit of a turn-up.
Man for man, Sutton are better than Tonbridge I think, and they've certainly improved what was a better squad than Tonbridge's anyway over the summer. The Maidenhead situation is worrying, though. I thought they had done okay in the summer horse-trading and replaced like for like, and you'd think Manny Williams, Anthony Thomas and Alex Wall could rustle up some goals. Dorchester we're also down to ten men for half the game. They are perhaps missing Ashley Nicholls's drive in midfield and they seem very rudderless at the moment, but I suspect this an August blip.

Re: England > Midweek > BlueSQ Bet North & South Aug 15-17 I think Stortford can carry on being opposed for a while yet. I said that a better team than Colwyn Bay would have done even better than they did and in Corby thats what happened tonight. They travel to Blyth on Saturday and it will be interesting to see what price Blyth are.

Re: England > Midweek > BlueSQ Bet North & South Aug 15-17 guys, for info, i went to woking last night and i was quite impressed, they have excellent attacking options and 2 good wide players. They should have had this wrapped up at HT and were 4 goals at least better than H&R who defended with thier lives at times. 2-1 flattered the away team and i can see Woking being up there all season if they stay clear of injuries.

guys' date=' for info, i went to woking last night and i was quite impressed, they have excellent attacking options and 2 good wide players. They should have had this wrapped up at HT and were 4 goals at least better than H&R who defended with thier lives at times. 2-1 flattered the away team and i can see Woking being up there all season if they stay clear of injuries.[/quote'] I was there as well. Woking made their class tell in the end, although they switched off for Hampton's goal which actually was well worked, but Woking fully deserved the win. Im not to worried about injuries as they look to have a bit of depth to the squad.

I was there as well. Woking made their class tell in the end' date=' although they switched off for Hampton's goal which actually was well worked, but Woking fully deserved the win. Im not to worried about injuries as they look to have a bit of depth to the squad.[/quote'] who was you supporting then addpea or just there to watch? 1400 not a bad crowd although more to come if they keep winning its my local team but thats the 1st game i have been to in about 5 years

Re: England > Midweek > BlueSQ Bet North & South Aug 15-17 Well Ive backed Woking for the title so wanted them to win although had no money on the game itself. I live in London so it was pretty much the best game for me to get too last night. I also love Seafare chips so that is always an added bonus about going there :D. Thought the crowd was superb last night. I went to see them last November and they had around half that on a Tuesday night. You could tell that the crowd really believe they are in for a good season and they should have even more on Saturday. I bet the 5-0 win helped as well. Im sure you will go back as well after what you saw last night some of the football Woking played was a real pleasure to watch.

Well Ive backed Woking for the title so wanted them to win although had no money on the game itself. I live in London so it was pretty much the best game for me to get too last night. I also love Seafare chips so that is always an added bonus about going there :D. Thought the crowd was superb last night. I went to see them last November and they had around half that on a Tuesday night. You could tell that the crowd really believe they are in for a good season and they should have even more on Saturday. I bet the 5-0 win helped as well. Im sure you will go back as well after what you saw last night some of the football Woking played was a real pleasure to watch.
yep for £12 it aint too bad, i was enticed along by my dughters boyfriend who has a season ticket with his dad. Pity there werent more kids there but i think they possibly swelled the crowd being in the school hols. meant to go a few times last season but the cold nights didnt persuade me!!! I may go again on the 27th as there is a season ticket up for grabs and the r's are away

Re: England > Midweek > BlueSQ Bet North & South Aug 15-17 Well they are the biggest bet Ive had ante-post so I will probably try and get to watch them a few times during the season. Be nice if a few more Premier League fans tried out non-league football.

Re: England > Midweek > BlueSQ Bet North & South Aug 15-17 I'll create a thread later, but on Bet365's initial shows I like the look of a HT-FT on Blyth Spartans at home to Bishop'S Stortford on Saturday. Blyth had their moments against Halifax, and did okay in getting a point at Histon. The last thing Bishop's Stortford need is a trip to Blyth after their poor start. 8/5 is okay for the HT-FT. The match price is 4/6 on Blyth.

Re: England > Midweek > BlueSQ Bet North & South Aug 15-17 It's not a gimme by any means, but I've taken Bet365's 10/11 about Alty at home to Histon. Alty have been a disappointment thus far, though they are a cut above the typical BlueSQ North side I believe. Histon have been doing well with two draws, but those have been built in somewhat fortuitous rearguard actions. With Omar Riza likely to be out, I think it is a good weekend to oppose them.