** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

England: League One Aug 16

aliando

Tuesday 16 August 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif AFC Bournemouth v Stevenage (19:45 BST) 2.1 3.5 3.9 101.83 %
maximize.gif Bury v Sheffield Wednesday (19:45 BST) 3.05 3.4 2.56 101.26 %
maximize.gif Chesterfield v Preston North End (19:45 BST) 2.7 3.35 2.75 103.25 %
maximize.gif Colchester United v Charlton Athletic (19:45 BST) 2.65 3.4 2.77 103.25 %
maximize.gif Exeter City v Brentford (19:45 BST) 2.6 3.4 2.75 104.24 %
maximize.gif Hartlepool United v Huddersfield Town (19:45 BST) 3.25 3.4 2.25 104.63 %
maximize.gif Leyton Orient v Wycombe Wanderers (19:45 BST) 2.01 3.4 3.75 105.83 %
maximize.gif Notts County v Tranmere Rovers (19:45 BST) 1.91 3.55 4.2 104.33 %
maximize.gif Rochdale v Carlisle United (19:45 BST) 2.28 3.4 3.3 103.57 %
maximize.gif Scunthorpe United v Oldham Athletic (19:45 BST) 1.8 3.6 4.75 104.39 %
maximize.gif Sheffield United v Walsall (19:45 BST) 1.7 3.7 5.3 104.72 %
maximize.gif Yeovil Town v Milton Keynes Dons (19:45 BST) 2.8 3.75 2.5 102.38 %

Re: England: League One Aug 16 Bury vs Sheffield Wednesday Both teams come into this fixture on the back of disappointing defeats on Saturday. Both teams played badly and were slated by their respective managers for it. I expect changes to be made as Bury have signed a new striker from Tottenham who is eligible to play and Sheff Wed have options to make changes with their latest signings - although Chris O'Grady is still unavailable I believe. I expect Megson to attempt to tighten up after the 2 conceded and so Chris Lines will probably come into midfield. With him and Uchechi on the wings it is possible we will only play 1 striker as Megson will feel these can push on and create/get goals for us, leaving us to congest the middle with 3 defensive minded midfielders much like Barca (if only!) The expected result of that will be a dour match with few chances created and I think Wednesday will only really go in search of a goal from the 60th minute onwards. Megson is quite keen on keeping things tight away from home. Having watched Burys game against Carlisle, I find that they are suceptible to diagonal runs into the final 3rd from the wings and I think we'll have the pace to exploit this once we start to open up. The bets I will be having tomorrow will be; Under 2.5 goals @ 1.70 (5pts) Sheff Wed to score last goal @ 1.91 (4pts) Uchechi to score anytime @ 3.25 (1pt) The usual 10 pts staked with William Hill. GL All.

Re: England: League One Aug 16

Sport Football (England - L1)
Event Colchester vs Charlton
Selection Over 2.5 Goals
Strength 10/10
Date 16/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.04
Reasoning Both these teams have played two league games as well as one carling cup game each. For Charlton all 3 of these games have ended Over 2.5 Goals. Whereas in Colchester's case, 2 out of 3 games have ended Over 2.5 Goals. These two team have met 3 times in the past in this exact fixture and all of those 3 games have ended with Over 2.5 Goals. Its the overs for me with some nice juicy odds.
Event Leyton vs Wycombe
Selection Under 2.5 Goals
Strength 10/10
Date 16/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.85
Reasoning Both these teams have played two league games and one carling cup game each. For Leyton, all 3 of these games have ended with Under 2.5 goals. For Wycombe, 2 out of 3 game shave ended with Under 2.5 goals with the carling cup game going over. These teams have met 3 times in the past in this exact fixture with most recent two games out of three ending with Under 2.5 Goals. Its the unders for me in this match.
Event Exeter vs Brentford
Strength 10/10
Date 16/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.84
Reasoning These two teams have played a total of 3 games each with 2 of them being league games and 1 being a carling cup game. For both teams every one of their matches have ended Under 2.5 Goals. I feel that this game should also end with Under 2.5 Goals.
Event Sheff Utd vs Walsall
Strength 10/10
Date 16/08/2011
Reasoning These teams have met 5 times in the past in this exact fixture in which all 5 of the games have ended Under 2.5 goals. Both teams have played 3 games this season, 2 in the league and 1 in the carling cup. For Sheff Utd all 3 of these games ended Under 2.5 goals whereas for Walsall 2 out fo 3 games ended Under 2.5 goals with the carling cup game being the only one to go over.

Re: England: League One Aug 16 Sheffield United vs. Walsall United want to stay strongest team in Sheffield and get promoted straight away after bad year in championship. They won their first 2 games and their statistics look better than Walsall s. Sheffield United's recent performance is commendable and players are in good form. On the other hand, Walsall is in poor state and can hardly win. This match I expect Sheffield United to get all 3 points on home field. (I bet on Shefflield@1,73 (WilliamHill))

Re: England: League One Aug 16 Do Huddersfield really justify being even money away from home this early in the season? Not the best start to the season for them drawing at home to Bury and away at Rochdale, are Hartlepool any worse than those 2 sides? They've drawn their first two as well, a good point away at MK Dons letting in a last minute leveller and at home to Walsall. You can get 10/3 on Hartlepool, big price imo.

Do Huddersfield really justify being even money away from home this early in the season? Not the best start to the season for them drawing at home to Bury and away at Rochdale, are Hartlepool any worse than those 2 sides? They've drawn their first two as well, a good point away at MK Dons letting in a last minute leveller and at home to Walsall. You can get 10/3 on Hartlepool, big price imo.
Huddersfield are a very good side and have been in the playoffs for the last two season and have two very good forwards in Novak and Rhodes. In both there opening game they took the lead and where only held to a draw by Bury top scorer from last season, Ryan Lowe, 27 goals last year. There second match against Rochdale which ended in 2-2 draw down to a last minute goal from Ashley Grimes. Hartlepool on the hand are have been in involved in relegation for the last two season and there team strength is no where near as good as Huddersfield. Huddersfield will again be in and around promotion again the end of the season and i expect them to start winning soon. Going to go for a small stake on Huddersfield -1 for a bit of fun tonight.

Huddersfield are a very good side and have been in the playoffs for the last two season and have two very good forwards in Novak and Rhodes. In both there opening game they took the lead and where only held to a draw by Bury top scorer from last season, Ryan Lowe, 27 goals last year. There second match against Rochdale which ended in 2-2 draw down to a last minute goal from Ashley Grimes. Hartlepool on the hand are have been in involved in relegation for the last two season and there team strength is no where near as good as Huddersfield. Huddersfield will again be in and around promotion again the end of the season and i expect them to start winning soon. Going to go for a small stake on Huddersfield -1 for a bit of fun tonight.
Of course they're the better side, not denying that, but Huddersfield arent even money favourites in my opinion. Hartlepool werent involved in a relegation fight last year, they werent actually far off the top at one point with games in hand before dropping off later in the season. At home they beat Brighton and Peterborough as well as drawing with Southampton so they were capable of beating the best last season, like most teams in this league on there day.

Do Huddersfield really justify being even money away from home this early in the season? Not the best start to the season for them drawing at home to Bury and away at Rochdale, are Hartlepool any worse than those 2 sides? They've drawn their first two as well, a good point away at MK Dons letting in a last minute leveller and at home to Walsall. You can get 10/3 on Hartlepool, big price imo.
Just to tell you that my mate is an MK Dons season ticket holder and was at this game. Before it he wasn't too confident, I think he said they had only a squad of 19, 5 of which were under 20 (I stand to be corrected on them figures) and that they needed to get some loan signings in. However what he told me after the game I am certain of, MK Dons had 21 attempts against 2 for Hartlepool. The Hartlepool keeper had a blinder, and MK hit the woodwork twice. Oh and MK had only 2 fit defenders which left them vulerable at the back - as Hartlepool's 2 goals from 2 attempts confirms. Not trying to sway anyone, just thought I would share what I was told. :ok

Re: England: League One Aug 16 I think it's too early still to pick winners etc BUT.... Exeter vs Brentford It might be worth having a punt on the away win. Brentford have won at St James park twice last season (league & JPT). Uwe Rosler has them playing an attractive style but scoring goals seems to be hard to come by in the league but it will come (bare in mind Brentford scored 19 goals in 5 pre-season games!) an added motivator is the death of the Brentford kit man Dave Carter (today) leading to a few players to say they are going to win this game for him on their twitter accounts...maybe they will try a bit harder ?? hope so. Brentford win @ 2.68 Betfair

Just to tell you that my mate is an MK Dons season ticket holder and was at this game. Before it he wasn't too confident, I think he said they had only a squad of 19, 5 of which were under 20 (I stand to be corrected on them figures) and that they needed to get some loan signings in. However what he told me after the game I am certain of, MK Dons had 21 attempts against 2 for Hartlepool. The Hartlepool keeper had a blinder, and MK hit the woodwork twice. Oh and MK had only 2 fit defenders which left them vulerable at the back - as Hartlepool's 2 goals from 2 attempts confirms. Not trying to sway anyone, just thought I would share what I was told. :ok
As ever Kiddo, a great post. MK totally battered Hartlepool and had 13 corners to none. Yes Huddersfield will be nearer the top than bottom and the reverse for Hartlepool but..... Clark is coming under increasing pressure. We were second best v Bury with only ONE shot on target, better perfomances v P Vale and Rochdale without running out winners. One up front for all 3 games, quite ridiculous. 5 new players in the team and none of them (except last seasons loan Danny Ward) looking anything special. Town are an amazing14 unbeaten away and 27 in the league and in my opinion they were second best in half of them! Hard to beat and even harder to watch!! Two straight league draws for both teams and Wadsworth and Clark know each other pretty well (including tactics, systems and set-plays). Cannot see Huddersfield losing but the value is the draw @ 3.7 on Betfair.

Re: England: League One Aug 16 sheff wed team news goalie weaver injured o'donnell deputises palmer dropped for chris lines debut morrison dropped for chris o'grady debut goalkeeper change should be neutral o'grady a definite plus against the arm waving non-goal scopring clinton lines hopefully to provide some much needed creativity and dead-ball expertise i thought wednesday would probably lose 1-0 but now am going for a 2-1 win with a saver on 2-2

Event Colchester vs Charlton
Selection Over 2.5 Goals
Strength 10/10
Date 16/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.04
Reasoning Both these teams have played two league games as well as one carling cup game each. For Charlton all 3 of these games have ended Over 2.5 Goals. Whereas in Colchester's case, 2 out of 3 games have ended Over 2.5 Goals. These two team have met 3 times in the past in this exact fixture and all of those 3 games have ended with Over 2.5 Goals. Its the overs for me with some nice juicy odds.
Event Leyton vs Wycombe
Strength 10/10
Date 16/08/2011
Reasoning Both these teams have played two league games and one carling cup game each. For Leyton, all 3 of these games have ended with Under 2.5 goals. For Wycombe, 2 out of 3 game shave ended with Under 2.5 goals with the carling cup game going over. These teams have met 3 times in the past in this exact fixture with most recent two games out of three ending with Under 2.5 Goals. Its the unders for me in this match.
Event Exeter vs Brentford
Strength 10/10
Date 16/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.84
Reasoning These two teams have played a total of 3 games each with 2 of them being league games and 1 being a carling cup game. For both teams every one of their matches have ended Under 2.5 Goals. I feel that this game should also end with Under 2.5 Goals.
Event Sheff Utd vs Walsall
Strength 10/10
Date 16/08/2011
Reasoning These teams have met 5 times in the past in this exact fixture in which all 5 of the games have ended Under 2.5 goals. Both teams have played 3 games this season, 2 in the league and 1 in the carling cup. For Sheff Utd all 3 of these games ended Under 2.5 goals whereas for Walsall 2 out fo 3 games ended Under 2.5 goals with the carling cup game being the only one to go over.
Bit pissed off with the result of some of these bets. All of them lost, some cos of an own goal or a stupid penalty given away. The most frustrating one was the Sheff Utd vs Walsall game which had 5 goals in the second half alone. A joke how both teams' defenses went to sleep. Sorry to anyone that followed based on my reasoning :$

I think it's too early still to pick winners etc BUT.... Exeter vs Brentford It might be worth having a punt on the away win. Brentford have won at St James park twice last season (league & JPT). Uwe Rosler has them playing an attractive style but scoring goals seems to be hard to come by in the league but it will come (bare in mind Brentford scored 19 goals in 5 pre-season games!) an added motivator is the death of the Brentford kit man Dave Carter (today) leading to a few players to say they are going to win this game for him on their twitter accounts...maybe they will try a bit harder ?? hope so. Brentford win @ 2.68 Betfair
:nana That one was for Dave Carter RIP