** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

England: League Two Aug 16

aliando

Tuesday 16 August 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Accrington Stanley v Bradford City (19:45 BST) 2.3 3.4 3.4 102.30 %
maximize.gif Aldershot Town v Torquay United (19:45 BST) 2.25 3.4 3.1 106.11 %
maximize.gif Barnet v Gillingham (19:45 BST) 2.62 3.4 2.6 105.97 %
maximize.gif Bristol Rovers v Northampton Town (19:45 BST) 2.05 3.5 4 102.35 %
maximize.gif Burton Albion v Port Vale (19:45 BST) 2.59 3.4 2.75 104.39 %
maximize.gif Cheltenham Town v Morecambe (19:45 BST) 2.3 3.4 3.1 105.15 %
maximize.gif Crawley Town v Southend United (19:45 BST) 1.8 3.6 5.5 101.52 %
maximize.gif Crewe Alexandra v Rotherham United (19:45 BST) 2.59 3.4 2.87 102.80 %
maximize.gif Dagenham & Redbridge v Swindon Town (19:45 BST) 2.81 3.4 2.5 105.00 %
maximize.gif Hereford United v Macclesfield Town (19:45 BST) 2.2 3.4 3.3 105.17 %
maximize.gif Oxford United v Shrewsbury Town (19:45 BST) 2.2 3.4 3.5 103.44 %
maximize.gif Plymouth Argyle v AFC Wimbledon (19:45 BST) 2.37 3.4 3 104.85 %

Re: England: League Two Aug 16 Crawley V Southend Would love to hear peoples views on this one, the Southend price is massive and a Southend + handicap could be on the cards here. Are Crawley a physcial side? What is the Southend style in comparison? My concerns would be that Southend have played a lot of football in a short space of time, going to extra time in the cup and then 2 away games in quick succession, fatigue could be a real factor in this game. The bookies have clearly disappeared up Crawleys arsse this season and this might be a game where there's value opposing them.

Re: England: League Two Aug 16

Crawley V Southend Would love to hear peoples views on this one, the Southend price is massive and a Southend + handicap could be on the cards here. Are Crawley a physcial side? What is the Southend style in comparison? My concerns would be that Southend have played a lot of football in a short space of time, going to extra time in the cup and then 2 away games in quick succession, fatigue could be a real factor in this game. The bookies have clearly disappeared up Crawleys arsse this season and this might be a game where there's value opposing them.
5.5 is a crazy price this early in the season. As is Northampton 4's against Bristol Rovers. Northampton have beaten Ipswich in the league cup. And have won and drawn there first two league games. Southend have won there first two league games and were unlucky to go out on penalties in the league cup. Although the winning margin has only been by one goal in all cases. Worth a small stake on both the away wins.

Crawley V Southend Would love to hear peoples views on this one, the Southend price is massive and a Southend + handicap could be on the cards here. Are Crawley a physcial side? What is the Southend style in comparison? My concerns would be that Southend have played a lot of football in a short space of time, going to extra time in the cup and then 2 away games in quick succession, fatigue could be a real factor in this game. The bookies have clearly disappeared up Crawleys arsse this season and this might be a game where there's value opposing them.
Was thinking the same at the weekend when they took on Macclesfield, but chose to wait to see how they would get on. By all accounts they completely dominated the game. Had huge possession stats and 18 shots off target, with 4 on. Limiting Macclesfield to just four shots off target all game. They have the best squad in the league, so I think these prices are justified really. Unless they have the odd off day of course.

Re: England: League Two Aug 16 The trouble is Macclesfield are rank and not a good barometer for the true class of Crawley. I agree that their squad is very strong and will probably be a top 6 side this season but Southend and Sturrock are no fools, Crawley should be tested with this fixture.

Re: England: League Two Aug 16 Rotherham 7/4 to beat crewe paddy power Rotherham have had a good start to the season winnign 2 out of 2 scoring 5 goals and only conceding 1 in the league , on the other hand crewe have lost both there games and conceded 5 goals whilst only scoring 1 Rotherham did well last season and i expect them to push on and challenge to win this league think theres value in the 7/4 , also going to bet le fondre to score first at 5/1 paddy power his gola scoring record for rotherham speaks for its self he also scored 2 on saturday which will boost his confidence :hope

Sport Football (England - L2)
Event Burton vs Port Vale
Selection Both teams to score - Yes
Strength 10/10
Date 16/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Stan James @ 1.80
Reasoning These teams have played 2 games each in this season and in all of their games both teams have scored. This shows that their teams are clearly capable of scoring goals and their defences could do with a bit tightening. I expect both teams to be going at it and for both of them to score.
Event Oxford Utd vs Shrewsbury
Selection Under 2.5 Goals
Strength 10/10
Date 16/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 1.83
Reasoning Both these teams have played two matches each. All four of these games have ended Under 2.5 goals with 3 of the 4 matches played ending in a draw. I feel that based on the past matches played thus far in this season, the trend has a good chance of continuing.
Sport Football (England - L1)
Event Barnet vs Gillingham
Selection Gillingham DNB
Strength 10/10
Date 16/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Unibet @ 1.82
Reasoning Gillingham started the seaosnw ith 2 wins whereas in comparison Barnet come into this game with 1 win and 1 loss. Barner loss most recently this weekend to Port Vale at home with the score 1:3. I feel that with a leasky defense at home doesn't bode well for Barnet and I am happy to be backing Gillingham with some draw cover.
Event Crewe vs Rotherham
Selection Rotherham DNB
Strength 10/10
Date 16/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price William Hill @ 1.90
Reasoning Rotherham have won their 1st two games in the league whereas in comparison Crewe have lost both of their 1st two games in the league. Rotherham clearly has the better momentum going into this fixture, and given these decent odds on a Rotherham DNB, I am happy to be on it.

As a Southend fan I'm shocked by this price... we have improved massively over the Summer. Held onto all of our good players and added that extra bit of quality! Sturrock is doing a great job. Our win at the weekend was our first away win for a while, but I see no reason why we can't get something out of this game too! There are no major injury concerns that we can't cover & we have a decent crowd heading over there in optimistic mood! 1pt Southend @ 6.0 Betfair 5pts Southend +3/4 @ 2.15 Bet365

As a Southend fan I'm shocked by this price... we have improved massively over the Summer. Held onto all of our good players and added that extra bit of quality! Sturrock is doing a great job. Our win at the weekend was our first away win for a while, but I see no reason why we can't get something out of this game too! There are no major injury concerns that we can't cover & we have a decent crowd heading over there in optimistic mood! 1pt Southend @ 6.0 Betfair 5pts Southend +3/4 @ 2.15 Bet365
I'm trying to get hold of some ruddy team news but Southend don't seem keen on releasing any info as yet. The only issue that concerns me is Southend fatigue, having played 120 minutes more than Crawley in a short space of time. Southend +1 @ 9/10 (Pinnacle) does look very tempting for me but I am currently agonising over several bets for tonight. For all the people that back Southend tonight I wish the best of luck.

I'm trying to get hold of some ruddy team news but Southend don't seem keen on releasing any info as yet. The only issue that concerns me is Southend fatigue' date=' having played 120 minutes more than Crawley in a short space of time. Southend +1 @ 9/10 (Pinnacle) does look very tempting for me but I am currently agonising over several bets for tonight. For all the people that back Southend tonight I wish the best of luck.[/quote'] The only long term absentee that is a miss is Barry Corr (20 goals upfront last season)... but he is more than covered for by Dickinson and Neil Harris. At the back we could miss one of our centre backs with Phillips touch and go and Barker only just back from injury, but we rested Bilel Mohsni at the weekend so he could well be thrown back in tonight. He's our best player by a mile and could make a massive difference. The +1 handicap is rather appealing!

Re: England: League Two Aug 16 Bristol Rovers v Northampton - Bristol Rovers @ 2.12 with Betfair Two sides that have undergone massive changes in personnel over the summer and it's still very early days to be forming any definite conclusions about either, but there are a few pointers from the handful of games they've played so far. Gary Johnson's Northampton look very resilient. They faced down a late barrage from Ipswich to knock the Championship side out of the League Cup last week and then rode their luck a little to snatch a 1-0 victory at Aldershot at the weekend. In both those games they conceded 60% possession to the opposition and were made to work very hard for the result. They have a decent squad, but I don't think they can afford to spend so much time without the ball for a 3rd game in succession against a Rovers side that look full of goals. After a late win at Wimbledon on the opening day, Rovers slipped up in what was always going to be a tricky match against Paul Buckle's old side. The defensive lapses that saw Rovers 2 down after 15mins at the weekend and losing a 2 goal lead the week before are a concern, but going forward they look full of pace and invention, and will be a handful for most sides at this level. I fancy them to put Northampton under pressure from the off as Buckle searches for his first home win and I think Gary Johnson's side may find the efforts of the last seven days catching up with them a bit against a side with plenty of pace. I'd have Rovers a shade of odds on, so this price looks tasty enough for a small dabble.

Going on last seasons stats Accrington proved a very difficult place to get any points. In fact only promoted Chesterfield had a better home record. Southend's long awaited away win at the weekend appears to carry additional weight to your recommendation.

Rotherham 7/4 to beat crewe paddy power Rotherham have had a good start to the season winnign 2 out of 2 scoring 5 goals and only conceding 1 in the league , on the other hand crewe have lost both there games and conceded 5 goals whilst only scoring 1 Rotherham did well last season and i expect them to push on and challenge to win this league think theres value in the 7/4 , also going to bet le fondre to score first at 5/1 paddy power his gola scoring record for rotherham speaks for its self he also scored 2 on saturday which will boost his confidence :hope
2-1 rotherham le fondre scored first :nana

Event Burton vs Port Vale
Selection Both teams to score - Yes
Strength 10/10
Date 16/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Stan James @ 1.80
Reasoning These teams have played 2 games each in this season and in all of their games both teams have scored. This shows that their teams are clearly capable of scoring goals and their defences could do with a bit tightening. I expect both teams to be going at it and for both of them to score.
Event Oxford Utd vs Shrewsbury
Selection Under 2.5 Goals
Strength 10/10
Date 16/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 1.83
Reasoning Both these teams have played two matches each. All four of these games have ended Under 2.5 goals with 3 of the 4 matches played ending in a draw. I feel that based on the past matches played thus far in this season, the trend has a good chance of continuing.
Sport Football (England - L1)
Event Barnet vs Gillingham
Selection Gillingham DNB
Strength 10/10
Date 16/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Unibet @ 1.82
Reasoning Gillingham started the seaosnw ith 2 wins whereas in comparison Barnet come into this game with 1 win and 1 loss. Barner loss most recently this weekend to Port Vale at home with the score 1:3. I feel that with a leasky defense at home doesn't bode well for Barnet and I am happy to be backing Gillingham with some draw cover.
Event Crewe vs Rotherham
Selection Rotherham DNB
Strength 10/10
Date 16/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price William Hill @ 1.90
Reasoning Rotherham have won their 1st two games in the league whereas in comparison Crewe have lost both of their 1st two games in the league. Rotherham clearly has the better momentum going into this fixture, and given these decent odds on a Rotherham DNB, I am happy to be on it.
3 out of 4 bets won, 1 bet void. :beer:beer:beer So close to a full house, pity Gillingham couldn't hold out for a win in the extra minuted of the second half! Much better in here than in League One thread. Hope these posts helped some people out tonight! :ok

A bad night for those of us who backed Southend in some form, seems they capitulated after conceeding the first. I hate Crawley.
Unfortunately you can't wait for 2 goalkeeping errors and a debatable penalty... but shocking second half performance!!! Crawley :@