** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

England > Weekend > BlueSQ Bet North & South Aug 13

BlueSQ Bet North Saturday 13 August 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Bishop's Stortford v Colwyn Bay (15:00 BST) 11/10 13/5 21/10 107.65 %
maximize.gif Eastwood Town v Droylsden (15:00 BST) 5/4 13/5 19/10 106.70 %
maximize.gif FC Halifax Town v Corby Town (15:00 BST) 8/15 10/3 9/2 106.48 %
maximize.gif Gainsborough Trinity v Solihull Moors (15:00 BST) 11/10 11/4 2 107.29 %
maximize.gif Guiseley v Hinckley United (15:00 BST) 4/7 14/5 5 106.62 %
maximize.gif Harrogate Town v Altrincham FC (15:00 BST) 6/4 13/5 8/5 106.24 %
maximize.gif Histon v Blyth Spartans (15:00 BST) 5/4 13/5 7/4 108.59 %
maximize.gif Hyde FC v Worcester City (15:00 BST) 7/5 5/2 15/8 104.96 %
maximize.gif Nuneaton Town v Stalybridge Celtic (15:00 BST) 7/5 5/2 2 103.57 %
maximize.gif Vauxhall Motors v Gloucester City (15:00 BST) 5/4 5/2 7/4 109.38 %
maximize.gif Workington v Boston United (15:00 BST) 15/8 13/5 5/4 107.00 %
BlueSQ Bet South Saturday 13 August 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Boreham Wood v Havant & Waterlooville (15:00 BST) 1/1 13/5 23/10 108.08 %
maximize.gif Chelmsford City v Truro City (15:00 BST) 4/5 13/5 3 108.33 %
maximize.gif Dover Athletic v Dorchester Town (15:00 BST) 1/2 10/3 11/2 105.13 %
maximize.gif Eastbourne Borough v Farnborough (15:00 BST) 8/11 11/4 10/3 107.55 %
maximize.gif Eastleigh v Basingstoke Town (15:00 BST) 5/6 13/5 11/4 108.99 %
maximize.gif Hampton & Richmond v Bromley (15:00 BST) 5/4 13/5 23/10 102.53 %
maximize.gif Maidenhead United v Tonbridge Angels (15:00 BST) 11/10 13/5 23/10 105.70 %
maximize.gif Salisbury City v Thurrock (15:00 BST) 2/5 10/3 11/2 109.89 %
maximize.gif Sutton United v Woking (15:00 BST) 14/5 13/5 11/10 101.71 %
maximize.gif Welling United v Staines Town (15:00 BST) 4/5 13/5 10/3 106.41 %
maximize.gif Weston-super-Mare v Dartford (15:00 BST) 8/5 13/5 7/5 107.91 %

Re: England > Weekend > BlueSQ Bet North & South Aug 13 Apologies for the late posting - away with work. Eastbourne have a few injuries, but they look a bit of value against a very thrown-together Farnborough. And surprised to see Colwyn Bay drifting - they look a healthy price to beat a Bishop's Stortford that haven't really got going in pre-season.

Re: England > Weekend > BlueSQ Bet North & South Aug 13 Workington at home to Boston United (15/8 VCbet). I can't see the reason for Workington's price to drift. Boston United are several notches weaker than last season, and Cannoville and Lee are no match for the Scott/Hurst partnership - take away that excellent management team and some of the squad's best players, and you have a Boston side who look mid-table at best. This looks very much like a season of treading water. Workington look a notch stronger than last season, with Stuart Green an interesting and surprising signing - in fact, that might prove to be the signing of the summer in the Conny North. The sides are very much closer than 15/8 suggests. I go Workington 6/5.

Re: England > Weekend > BlueSQ Bet North & South Aug 13 Eastbourne Borough (HT/FT) 7/4 VC Bet The price has already come in after the match odds were highlighted on the Conny South forum, but it's still worth taking. Borough are a decent side and I think they'll go very well this season, though they are hampered by absentees thsi weekend. Even so, they are in a better state than Farnborough, who are still rifling through the triallists' lists to find a half-decent side for Saturday. I think Gary Haylock will get things right eventually - he's a very talented manager - but they are at their most vulnerable right now. They were very much second-best to Oxford City last weekend, with what looks like six or seven of Saturday's starting XI, though Matt Pattison was missing. Not one to go in to heavily with as it is first weekend, but 7/4 is decent value.

Re: England > Weekend > BlueSQ Bet North & South Aug 13 Colwyn Bay at Bishop's Stortford (21/10 BlueSQ, VCBet) Strange to see Bay's price on the drift. Bishop's Stortford are going into the season with a squad that looks several players short of a full load, and they've been underperforming, conceding four to Chelmsford, Cambridge U and Waltham Abbey. Bay, who are travelling down tomorrow for their first game at this level, will be fired up, and although I think the squad is strictly mid-table, the circumstances and the fact that Damien Allen has turned down a trial at Luton, means that they have the momentum with them. I have Bay at 11/8.

Re: England > Weekend > BlueSQ Bet North & South Aug 13 Looks a decent game at Gander Green Lane between Ryman Champs Sutton and promotion favs. Woking. Woking look in better nick than they have for a couple of seasons despite going close both times. Sutton have strengthened including Jay Conroy from Farnborough. Gary Hill has drilled Woking into a decent unit and should start better than last season. It's a step up in class for Sutton, and although they should be comfortable at this level, this is a tough start. Not many goals in a narrow Woking win for me. Also agree with Shipps re Eastbourne. Good value to beat a slow starting Farnborough.

Re: England > Weekend > BlueSQ Bet North & South Aug 13 I'm taking Maidenhead @ 2.38 with coral to account for newly promoted Tonbridge. While the Magpies only won two home matches last season, they have addressed their goal scoring problems with the return of Manny Williams & Anthony Thomas, along with the addition of powerhouse Ahan Holgate. and their pre season record was an impressive 7 wins from 7, so they'll be confident of a winning start. Tonbidge start a match at the highest level in the club's history, after a mixed pre-season which included a 10-0 defeat to Brentford, and whilst you can never read too much into pre-season results, The Angels have started the previous two seasons under Tom Warrilow very poorly. The influential Lewis Taylor is out injured & Frannie Collin doubtful, the return of the prolific Jon Main guarantees goals, but they'll always conceed too.

Re: England > Weekend > BlueSQ Bet North & South Aug 13 Three tips in the BSN for me Bishop’s Stortford v Colwyn Bay Here we have another side affected by Rushden & Diamonds demise as Bishop’s Stortford had to move from the Blue Square North to the Blue Square South. Stortford really struggled at home last season and in my view the bottom of the BSS is weaker than the BSN and that could spell trouble for Stortford as Ian Walker has had a real problem signing players over the break. Earlier this week only 14 had been confirmed, although I believe a couple of loan players and a permanent signing have been made before Saturday’s game to boost numbers, but they still look rather weak in defence. I don’t expect Colwyn Bay to have a fantastic season either but they have a fairly settled team and that could be a big advantage going into this first game of the season. They have also taken the decision to journey down on Friday so they won’t have to travel a long distance on the day, which is a plus. For me there is enough value in bwin’s price of 21/10 to have an interest in the away side. Eastwood v Droylsden The home side were fantastic in the second half of last season and were only denied a play-off place because the ground was not up to scratch. If they get anywhere near the play-offs this year I will be amazed. Manager Paul Cox has gone to Mansfield and taken a few players with him, leaving the squad looking much weaker than last time. Droylsden have gone under the radar a little but the team looks capable of a play-off challenge and it seems as if the bookies have priced this game up based on what happened last season and not what has happened since. Hopefully we can take advantage by backing the away win at bet365’s 15/8. Vauxhall Motors v Gloucester City According to the odds compilers this game is a very early six-pointer in the Blue Square North as, judging by the title odds, these two are favourites to be relegated. In my view though Motors will probably be near the bottom, but I expect City to be much higher than that as boss Dave Mehew has got his strongest squad since promotion to the BSN. I would say that the first eleven looks more than capable of giving any team in the league a game and should be good enough to beat a Motors who will be doing well to have beaten relegation come April. The 7/4 generally available looks the strongest bet of the weekend to me.

Re: England > Weekend > BlueSQ Bet North & South Aug 13

I'm taking Maidenhead @ 2.38 with coral to account for newly promoted Tonbridge. While the Magpies only won two home matches last season, they have addressed their goal scoring problems with the return of Manny Williams & Anthony Thomas, along with the addition of powerhouse Ahan Holgate. and their pre season record was an impressive 7 wins from 7, so they'll be confident of a winning start. Tonbidge start a match at the highest level in the club's history, after a mixed pre-season which included a 10-0 defeat to Brentford, and whilst you can never read too much into pre-season results, The Angels have started the previous two seasons under Tom Warrilow very poorly. The influential Lewis Taylor is out injured & Frannie Collin doubtful, the return of the prolific Jon Main guarantees goals, but they'll always conceed too.
Well, I could hardly have got that one more wrong!, though I did say Tonbridge had goals in them!!! I don't usually enter the fray this early, now I remember why!

Re: England > Weekend > BlueSQ Bet North & South Aug 13 I need to get my hard hat on!!! Had Halifax, Maidenhead, BPA and Solihull. My only winner was Staly and i only backed them cos of the misprint in the RP!! Maidenhead won 9 pre-season friendlies including v Notts C and Hayes 5-0 and were blown away. Backed 6 draws in the Championship, all 10 games were under 2.5 (so you would expect draws) and all 10 games were won to nil!! First time ever. I could not have had a worse start to the weekend. Will be seeing a bit of York City and Staly and will post up thoughts soon. Back to the drawing board.

Re: England > Weekend > BlueSQ Bet North & South Aug 13 What was the misprint in the RP? Maidenhead may have won 9 pre-season friendlies but its worth remembering they were a very poor side last season and I dont tend to put to much weighting on pre-season games when doing my bets. For expample in the Hayes game Hayes played a load of trialists and they clearly werent up to the job. Given Im on Staly for the BSN I will be interested on your views on them when you see them in action.