** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Scotland > Weekend > SPL > 13-14 August

Saturday 13 August 2011HomeDrawAwayBPP
maximize.gif Inverness Caledonian Thistle v Rangers (12:45 BST) 8.6 5.1 1.4 102.66 %
maximize.gif Celtic v Dundee United (15:00 BST) 1.3 5.4 10 105.44 %
maximize.gif Hearts v Aberdeen (15:00 BST) 1.8 3.6 4.75 104.39 %
maximize.gif St Johnstone v Dunfermline Athletic (15:00 BST) 2 3.5 4.2 102.38 %
maximize.gif St Mirren v Motherwell (15:00 BST) 2.62 3.3 2.62 106.49 %
Sunday 14 August 2011HomeDrawAwayBPP
maximize.gif Kilmarnock v Hibernian (12:15 BST) 2.5 3.4 3 102.75 %

Re: Scotland > Weekend > SPL > 13-14 August Hearts Vs Aberdeen - Hearts 4/5 Skybet Aberdeen have yet to score a goal this season. They are severely lacking in the final third. They have no real width or creativity in the middle of the park. Up front Vernon, who, to be fair to him, has been starved of service, is looking like a shadow of the player we saw last season and he is partnered by the chronically hopeless Mackie. Add this to the fact Aberdeen have a poor record at Tynecastle in recent years and Hearts being fairly strong at home. I just cant see anything other than a home win here.

Re: Scotland > Weekend > SPL > 13-14 August Sport Football (Scotland) Event St Mirren v Motherwell Selection Draw Strength 10/10 Date 13/08/2011 Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 3.30 Reasoning playing at home for the home team St Mirren gives them more energy,it will very difficult for the away team to want to claim the 3 point here this time around and i think the home team will also find it not easy beating the hard side Motherwell in this game,the game will be draw as i see the strength the home sides is going to put into the game. Sport Football (Scotland) Event St Johnstone v Dunfermline Selection Draw Strength 10/10 Date 13/08/2011 Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 3.50 Reasoning This game is a sure banker of a draw as the home team will face a newly promted side that have been drawing all the hot team in the the league and i don't see them loosing this game this time around and looking back to the 2 sides meeting i think the home team usally find it difficult beating this Dunfermline team every time they meet,it is a great war for the two sides, a draw is likey to come out of this game as i see it.

Re: Scotland > Weekend > SPL > 13-14 August

Sport Football (Scotland)
Event St Johnstone v Dunfermline
Selection Draw
Strength 10/10
Date 13/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 3.50
Reasoning This game is a sure banker of a draw as the home team will face a newly promted side that have been drawing all the hot team in the the league and i don't see them loosing this game this time around and looking back to the 2 sides meeting i think the home team usally find it difficult beating this Dunfermline team every time they meet,it is a great war for the two sides, a draw is likey to come out of this game as i see it.

Event St Mirren v Motherwell
Selection Draw
Strength 10/10
Date 13/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 3.30
Reasoning playing at home for the home team St Mirren gives them more energy,it will very difficult for the away team to want to claim the 3 point here this time around and i think the home team will also find it not easy beating the hard side Motherwell in this game,the game will be draw as i see the strength the home sides is going to put into the game.

Can get Evs at Victor Chandler. That would be Celtic's third clean sheet on the trot League-wise i think?
thats right it would be their third in a row and it looks a good price as i think zaluska in gaining in confidence in the goals and with the possibility of this polish keeper on the way he has to fight to keep his place! celtic should be settled now and although izaguirre is a big loss joe ledley or charlie mulgrew should be plenty cover at home to a team who just sold their main man to blackburn!!:ok

Re: Scotland > Weekend > SPL > 13-14 August Inverness v Rangers These two sides recent games have not produced many goals, the last four have been very tight resulting in under 2.5 goals. with this in mind, I think the general price of evens for this on Saturday looks decent value. The SPL so far has only had 3 games out of 14 going over, this may have been down to an earlier start than usual or just poor quality. Add to this that it is an early kick off in Inverness could lead to a slower start and a scrappy game. The only threat I see to this bet would be Rangers giving Inverness a bit of a hiding, though Rangers four competitive games so far have all went under which suggests they have made a slow start to their campaign and I can see this continuing on Saturday, 1-0 Rangers or 1-1 would be my prediction. Selection: Under 2.5 goals @ evens with Bet365 - 1 unit

Re: Scotland > Weekend > SPL > 13-14 August One for now. Still pondering one or two more, and I'll check back in if I hit them. St Mirren v Motherwell: Motherwell (0AH) @ 2.03 with Pinnacle (6/10) Given the way both sides have started the season, this could be a very good match, and perhaps in different circumstances would have been a minefield from a betting point of view. However, developments over the last week give Motherwell an edge, in my opinion, and with full draw insurance available at a generous price, they're worth a hit. Saints have been impressive so far. No longer are they slinging the ball forward and looking to pick up scraps; Danny Lennon has them playing attractive, fast-paced football. But their style is based heavily on striker Nigel Hasselbaink's searing pace and fleet of foot. His raw potential was there for all to see at Hamilton last season and until last week at Dundee United, he looked to have developed a maturity to go with it. Then, towards the end of the first half, he flashed out an elbow, cracking Paul Dixon across the chops and earning him a red card, which rules him out tomorrow's Paisley encounter. Then things got worse for the Buddies. Darren McGregor was stretched off with suspected ligament damage. The prognosis was bad; the young defender faces 9 months on the sidelines, and that's a bitter blow. As the lynchpin of the side, he's as effective at breaking up attacks as he is starting them with smart passing out from the back. His name was even recently mentioned in Scotland boss Craig Levein's breath. The loss of these two players will make a massive difference to St Mirren. I can't see them executing their normal game plan without them. Motherwell, meanwhile, are looking sharp. They too suffered a cruel injury blow this week when Steven Saunders' season was ended while on Scotland under 21s duty. A good player that he is, he's not crucial to the way Stuart McCall's men go about things. They're a solid, dependable unit, and move forward smartly, Jamie Murphy, Chris Humphrey and Nicky Law all hard men to pin down. Michael Higdon hasn't quite got into his stride since his move from St Mirren - but how many times does a striker do the business on his old stamping ground? Certainly don't expect Motherwell to run away with this one, but the signs tell me they're more likely to edge it. Good luck if you play :ok

Hearts Vs Aberdeen - Hearts 4/5 Skybet Aberdeen have yet to score a goal this season. They are severely lacking in the final third. They have no real width or creativity in the middle of the park. Up front Vernon, who, to be fair to him, has been starved of service, is looking like a shadow of the player we saw last season and he is partnered by the chronically hopeless Mackie. Add this to the fact Aberdeen have a poor record at Tynecastle in recent years and Hearts being fairly strong at home. I just cant see anything other than a home win here.
Just beware of Hearts saving themselves and their for their glamour European tie v Spurs at home this Thursday.

Just beware of Hearts saving themselves and their for their glamour European tie v Spurs at home this Thursday.
With only one league point to their name I don't think Hearts can afford to, or will, take this game lightly.

Re: Scotland > Weekend > SPL > 13-14 August Inverness v Rangers Rangers to win to nil @ +120 I believe this to be a good bet @ 120. of the last 10 SPL games Rangers have only conceded 3 goals in 3 games. Also in the last H2H against Inverness, Rangers have only conceded 3 goals in 3 games. That's a 70% chance. They were off to a bad start with a draw against hearts, and are out of the champions league. They will bring their all tomorrow. 2-0 outcome imo. GL everyone!

Event Celtic vs Dundee United
Selection Clean Sheet - Celtic
Strength 5/10
Date 13/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Victor Chandler @ 1.85
Reasoning Celtic have won their first two games in the league with clean sheets. On the other hand, Dundee United have drawn twice and won once. In the last 7 seven times these two teams have met since 2009, only 2 of them have ended with a clean sheet for Celtic. I know the statistics are not in our favor, but given the start to the season, I feel it is worth a medium-ish risk stake to see if Celtic can have 3 games in a row of clean sheets.

Inverness v Rangers Rangers to win to nil @ +120 I believe this to be a good bet @ 120. of the last 10 SPL games Rangers have only conceded 3 goals in 3 games. Also in the last H2H against Inverness, Rangers have only conceded 3 goals in 3 games. That's a 70% chance. They were off to a bad start with a draw against hearts, and are out of the champions league. They will bring their all tomorrow. 2-0 outcome imo. GL everyone!
With respect mate I don't really think you can say the last 10 SPL games are all that relevant given 8 of them were at the end of last season. Rangers have a much changed defence this season and tomorrow will not have Papac, Bougherra and possibly Weir. Looking at this season, Rangers have conceded in 3 out of 4 competitive games so far and have looked unusually leaky so far. Not having a go just a different perspective, good luck anyway :ok

Event Celtic vs Dundee United
Selection Clean Sheet - Celtic
Strength 5/10
Date 13/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Victor Chandler @ 1.85
Reasoning Celtic have won their first two games in the league with clean sheets. On the other hand, Dundee United have drawn twice and won once. In the last 7 seven times these two teams have met since 2009, only 2 of them have ended with a clean sheet for Celtic. I know the statistics are not in our favor, but given the start to the season, I feel it is worth a medium-ish risk stake to see if Celtic can have 3 games in a row of clean sheets.
Lennon said yesterday he might have to "rejig" his team a little because so many were away over the week and only got back together yesterday ?

Inverness v Rangers These two sides recent games have not produced many goals, the last four have been very tight resulting in under 2.5 goals. with this in mind, I think the general price of evens for this on Saturday looks decent value. The SPL so far has only had 3 games out of 14 going over, this may have been down to an earlier start than usual or just poor quality. Add to this that it is an early kick off in Inverness could lead to a slower start and a scrappy game. The only threat I see to this bet would be Rangers giving Inverness a bit of a hiding, though Rangers four competitive games so far have all went under which suggests they have made a slow start to their campaign and I can see this continuing on Saturday, 1-0 Rangers or 1-1 would be my prediction. Selection: Under 2.5 goals @ evens with Bet365 - 1 unit :nana
Win :ok, thought the ref was going to ruin it though.

Re: Scotland > Weekend > SPL > 13-14 August Kilmarnock - Hibernian: Kilmarnock @ 2.40 (William Hill) 10/10 This is a good opportunity for Kilmarnock to pick up its first home win. The hosts have 2 draws against Dundee United away (1-1) and Motherwell at home (0-0). Hibernian lost 0-2 at home against Celtic, where they barely had a shot on goal, and won away against Inverness (0-1) with a late goal deep into injury time. In the last 5 H2H between these teams the home team ends up winning with the last three seeing the home team win by a 2-1 score. Despite Hibernian's win away I think that Kilmarnock's play has been better and at home the hosts can defeat an offensively week Hibernian side. The odds are very attractive.

Kilmarnock - Hibernian: Kilmarnock @ 2.40 (William Hill) 10/10 This is a good opportunity for Kilmarnock to pick up its first home win. The hosts have 2 draws against Dundee United away (1-1) and Motherwell at home (0-0). Hibernian lost 0-2 at home against Celtic, where they barely had a shot on goal, and won away against Inverness (0-1) with a late goal deep into injury time. In the last 5 H2H between these teams the home team ends up winning with the last three seeing the home team win by a 2-1 score. Despite Hibernian's win away I think that Kilmarnock's play has been better and at home the hosts can defeat an offensively week Hibernian side. The odds are very attractive.
Final Result: Kilmarnock 4 : 1 Hibernian Yes.....:clap