** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

England > Weekend > League 1 > 13 August

Saturday 13 August 2011HomeDrawAwayBPP
maximize.gif AFC Bournemouth v Sheffield Wednesday (15:00 BST) 2.55 3.4 2.87 103.41 %
maximize.gif Bury v Carlisle United (15:00 BST) 2.3 3.4 3.16 104.54 %
maximize.gif Chesterfield v Stevenage (15:00 BST) 2.18 3.4 3.41 104.61 %
maximize.gif Colchester United v Wycombe Wanderers (15:00 BST) 1.96 3.4 4.15 104.53 %
maximize.gif Exeter City v Milton Keynes Dons (15:00 BST) 2.6 3.4 2.81 103.46 %
maximize.gif Hartlepool United v Walsall (15:00 BST) 2.15 3.4 3.42 105.16 %
maximize.gif Leyton Orient v Tranmere Rovers (15:00 BST) 2.07 3.4 3.67 104.97 %
maximize.gif Notts County v Charlton Athletic (15:00 BST) 2.52 3.3 2.87 104.77 %
maximize.gif Rochdale v Huddersfield Town (15:00 BST) 2.75 3.4 2.66 103.37 %
maximize.gif Scunthorpe United v Preston North End (15:00 BST) 2.42 3.35 3.1 103.43 %
maximize.gif Sheffield United v Brentford (15:00 BST) 2.15 3.4 3.44 104.99 %
maximize.gif Yeovil Town v Oldham Athletic (15:00 BST) 2.34 3.3 3.13 104.99 %

Re: England: Premier League Aug 13-15

Sport Football (England - L1)
Event Colchester v Wycombe
Selection Draw
Strength 10/10
Date 13/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 3.50
Reasoning Wycombe are the mostly likey to want to claim a point here in this game as they have a good records in terms of perfomance and i think they will rather settle for a draw in this game, the home team Colchester will want to win this game but the away team would rather settle for a draw in this game this a draw game in the league divison this week as i see the move of the away team in the 1st game in which they draw.

Re: England > Weekend > League 1 > 13 August

I think Sheff Wed could be worth opposing just due to the fact that they play on Thursday night against Blackpool' date=' then face a long trip down to Bournemouth with a 1 day rest in between[/quote'] Its never easy getting a result all the way down there, but do bear in mind that we will be playing a 'second XI' against Blackpool (although not the same team who lost to Alfreton :lol) and our first team squad is flying to Bournemouth on Friday night, the vast majority of whom will have played no part in tomorrow nights match. I'd say there is more of a case of opposing us tomorrow night than at Bournemouth because of the strength of the squads on show. Hopefully in tonights Radio Sheff interview we should get an insight into who is fit and whether they will play against Blackpool. I will endeavor to put up a write up, as usual.

Re: England > Weekend > League 1 > 13 August For me Bury to beat Carlisle stands out. Bury managed to get a good result on the opening day against Huddersfield and yesterday won against Coventry comfortably. So I guess they will use the momentum, moreover Bishop and Lowe seem to be as dangerous as last year. On the other hand Carlisle also won yesterday, but had to play 120 minutes and they lost at home against Notts last weekend, so I'll wait for the team news, but if there are no major blows for Bury I think this would be my main bet at around 2.30.

Its never easy getting a result all the way down there, but do bear in mind that we will be playing a 'second XI' against Blackpool (although not the same team who lost to Alfreton :lol) and our first team squad is flying to Bournemouth on Friday night, the vast majority of whom will have played no part in tomorrow nights match. I'd say there is more of a case of opposing us tomorrow night than at Bournemouth because of the strength of the squads on show. Hopefully in tonights Radio Sheff interview we should get an insight into who is fit and whether they will play against Blackpool. I will endeavor to put up a write up, as usual.
Glad you cleared it up, will void that bet then :ok

For me Bury to beat Carlisle stands out. Bury managed to get a good result on the opening day against Huddersfield and yesterday won against Coventry comfortably. So I guess they will use the momentum' date=' moreover Bishop and Lowe seem to be as dangerous as last year. On the other hand Carlisle also won yesterday, but had to play 120 minutes and they lost at home against Notts last weekend, so I'll wait for the team news, but if there are no major blows for Bury I think this would be my main bet at around 2.30.[/quote'] I'm also backing Bury, they also have a decent record vs Carlisle over the last few seasons, Ryan Lowe anytime goalscorer could be on the cards.

I'm also backing Bury' date=' they also have a decent record vs Carlisle over the last few seasons, Ryan Lowe anytime goalscorer could be on the cards.[/quote'] Bury haven't been in the same league as Carlisle since the 2005/06 season and have lost five out the last six against them, so hardly a decent recent record. :unsure

Re: England > Weekend > League 1 > 13 August Sport Football (England - L1) Event Bournemouth - Sheffield Wed Selection Bournemouth Strength 10/10 Date 13/08/2011 Bookmaker/Price Eurobet @ 2.50 Reasoning Second round of English League One. Bournemouth in first round lose 0:3 on away against Charlton, but this is home team, in last season in League One been one of the best at home stadium. Bournemouth is strong, in last year played in play-off. After away lose, want back to home with win. Sheffield in first round won against Rochdale, but at home. On away in last season Sheffield been on of the worst team. I can't image big change in this. Odds are too high, Bournemouth take three points in this match

Re: England > Weekend > League 1 > 13 August Sport Football (England - L1) Event Colchester - Wycombe Selection Colchester Strength 10/10 Date 13/08/2011 Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.95 Reasoning In my opinion home team have very good chances to take win in this game. Colchester in first round of the new season played against relegated from Championship, strong on the League One level - Preston, Colchester been underdog, but take win 4:2 on away! Ian Henderson score two goals. Wycombe in first roun of the new season played at home against Scunthorpe, match ended with draw 1:1. Wycombe don't show nothing great and I see big problems against Colchester.

Sport Football (England - L1)
Event Colchester vs Wycombe
Selection Over 2.5 Goals
Strength 5/10
Date 13/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 2.00
Reasoning Colchester will be looking to exact revenge after they were knocked out by Wycombe on penalties in the carling cup. The match ended with the score of 2:2 at full-time and with the score 1:1 after extra time. Colchester won their first league game with the score 4-2 whereas Wycombe drew their first league game 1:1. All in all I feel that there will be a lot of goals in this game.

Re: England > Weekend > League 1 > 13 August Bournemouth vs Sheffield Wednesday I have struggled to find any team news this early anywhere, though the ACFB website suggests that Bournemouth have a few players carrying knocks, such as Ings and Symes. This is a Bournemouth team who in my eyes have a weaker manager and weakened team since last season - especially if they are looking at 3 or 4 players who are doubtful for this match. Sheffield Wednesday will probably have three new signings, Urchuchi & Lines, on the bench today. Chris O'Grady has been suffering with a bruised Achilles so I would expect he may only make the bench today too. That said, I believe the formation played on Thursday night was a preview into our away set-up. I believe Megson will be looking for us to have lots of possession, swamp the midfield with bodies and look to be a danger from set pieces. Whilst we do have the quality in our first team to carry this out its not gonna make for a beautiful spectacle. I can see his logic though, turn all the silly away losses into draws and remove the suicide defending at home that blighted us last year and he's adding at least 20 points onto last seasons tally. I believe we will set up not to lose here and so advise the following bets; Under 1.5 goals @ 3.40 (2pts) Under 2.5 goals @ 1.73 (6pts) Draw @ 3.25 (2pts) As usual, my 10pts staked on the match and will be added to my season profit/loss for all to see. Good luck with your bets all :ok

Event Bournemouth - Sheffield Wed
Selection Bournemouth
Strength 10/10
Date 13/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Stan James @ 2.40
Reasoning Sheffield Wednesday is being a surprise on which i still can't rely. They are improving from game to game, they are showing quality but they don't seem to have the quality needed for a contender to promotion. Playing at Bournemouth is not easy and even on the last season when Sheffield Wednesday performed one of his bets games, they could only draw 0-0 at this Bournemouth who appears to me as favourite to win here.

Bournemouth vs Sheffield Wednesday I have struggled to find any team news this early anywhere, though the ACFB website suggests that Bournemouth have a few players carrying knocks, such as Ings and Symes. This is a Bournemouth team who in my eyes have a weaker manager and weakened team since last season - especially if they are looking at 3 or 4 players who are doubtful for this match. Sheffield Wednesday will probably have three new signings, Urchuchi & Lines, on the bench today. Chris O'Grady has been suffering with a bruised Achilles so I would expect he may only make the bench today too. That said, I believe the formation played on Thursday night was a preview into our away set-up. I believe Megson will be looking for us to have lots of possession, swamp the midfield with bodies and look to be a danger from set pieces. Whilst we do have the quality in our first team to carry this out its not gonna make for a beautiful spectacle. I can see his logic though, turn all the silly away losses into draws and remove the suicide defending at home that blighted us last year and he's adding at least 20 points onto last seasons tally. I believe we will set up not to lose here and so advise the following bets; Under 1.5 goals @ 3.40 (2pts) Under 2.5 goals @ 1.73 (6pts) Draw @ 3.25 (2pts) As usual, my 10pts staked on the match and will be added to my season profit/loss for all to see. Good luck with your bets all :ok
Slight profit for the day although had it not been for kamikaze defending on the first corner I'd have been quite healthily in profit for the day. Disappointing result all things considered however I am absolutely certain that Megson is doing the right thing at this club and when it all falls into place there is going to be plenty of value to be had over the season. Hopefully starting with Bury away on Tuesday.