** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UEFA Champions League > 16-17 August

Re: UEFA Champions League > 16-17 August Hi guys. I was thinking, about Arsenal - Udinese. Should a under 2.5 not be a good bet? Diaby, Wilshere, Nasri and V Persie will al not play with Arsenal side. Fabregas just has left Arsenal for Barcelona. Udinese has also sold some important players from their side. How are you thinking about it?

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Champions League > 16-17 August

Hi guys. I was thinking' date=' about Arsenal - Udinese. Should a under 2.5 not be a good bet? Diaby, Wilshere, Nasri and V Persie will al not play with Arsenal side. Fabregas just has left Arsenal for Barcelona. Udinese has also sold some important players from their side. How are you thinking about it?[/quote'] As ultravires mentioned earlier Udinese will most likely play with 4 defenders and focus on defense, so I think unders are very likely. Even though Arsenal will be without Van Persie and Nasri they don't miss players in defense and might be able to keep a clean sheet. I believe Udinese will play for 0-0, and will defend with 10 players with Di Natale up front. So, unders might be a good call. My prediction is Arsenal 1-0 or 2-0.

As ultravires mentioned earlier Udinese will most likely play with 4 defenders and focus on defense, so I think unders are very likely. Even though Arsenal will be without Van Persie and Nasri they don't miss players in defense and might be able to keep a clean sheet. I believe Udinese will play for 0-0, and will defend with 10 players with Di Natale up front. So, unders might be a good call. My prediction is Arsenal 1-0 or 2-0.
Alright thank you! I am going to take it. It is very likely that this bet should be a under. GL;)

Alright thank you! I am going to take it. It is very likely that this bet should be a under. GL;)
Good luck. Everything will depend on who wil score first. If it will be Udinese then unders will be unlikely scenario in my opinion.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 16-17 August Hello guys. What do you think about Maccabi Haifa - KRC Genk? I think I'm gonna try 1. Genk will be missin Vanden Borre, Anele, Ogunjimi and De Bruyne, plus the atmosphere because of the coach Vercauteren leaving to Al Jazere (moneybooom!).. Do you know some info about Maccabi team? Injuries etc.?

Re: UEFA Champions League > 16-17 August Lyon v Rubin Kazan Both sides still have a few injuries at the moment, Rubin without Ryazantsev, Carlos Eduardo and Cesar Navas but the line-up they have is reasonably settled, two thirds through their season they lie fourth in the league. They faced one of the hardest challenges in the last round defeating Dynamo Kiev 4-1 over 2 legs, a pretty even tie on paper..I have highlighted their away record in Europe before, they are very solid and very compact, their last 5 have gone under and their away record in general is good they don't give much away. They are probably not the force they were a couple of years ago, they lost a few players and haven't looked likely to hit title winning form again. They will be defensive, a trip to Russia is never easy and Lyon will obviously be looking to take an advantage over there. Lyon have started well in the league, winning 3-1 away to Nice and somehow drawing 1-1 with Ajaccio despite murdering them, hitting the post 3 or 4 times. Lisandro looks very sharp up front and could be a good bet for first goalscorer, very much the main man up top. Gourcuff is still missing and that is a blow but they still have plenty of quality, Kallstrom, Bastos, Gomis, Lisandro. Lyon's home record in Europe is also excellent losing only 4 in 38, they are not the threat they were 5 years ago but are capable and should have too much for Rubin. It does point to a under 2.5 game but I wouldn't rule out a Rubin goal, they have a bit of a history of scoring with the few attacks they create against better sides and I don't think anyone can be too sure of Lyon's credentials this early in the season. Rubin will revel in the underdog role thats for sure. Lyon for me by one goal.

Bate Borisov : Sturm Graz

Bate could be well placed as favorites but the odds are not attracting me and instead I rather go for Sturm Graz. Bate might have more European experience but their current form is not at the top of the hill and a proof to that is the poor game on Friday when they lost to FC Minsk. Sturm Graz on the other hand is coming into this encounter on the back of a 1:0 win against Rapid Wien and that might be the morale boost they need for this 1st leg. Bate will be missing suspended playmaker Renan Bressan and Evgeni Kuntsevich, Alexsandr Pavlov which are injured. Also 5 more other players are threatened to miss the second leg if they pick up a yellow card. Sturm Graz has also few missings but they also stand on a 6 player threat in case of yellow card. The teams might try not to bruise each other too much and risk suspensions for the decisive leg in Austria and I expect a tight game with few chances for both sides. Odds are tasty for asian handicap on Sturm so I'll go for that and hope they will be at least go home with a draw. Plus, even if they would lose by 1 goal difference I'll still recover half of my stake. Selection: Sturm Graz +0.5,+1.0 @ 1,72 - 6/10

Re: UEFA Champions League > 16-17 August Lyon-Kazan: probable line-ups Lyon: Lloris, Reveillere, Gassama, Diakhate, Cissokho; Gonalons, Briand, Kallstrom, Bastos; Gomis, Lisandro injuries: Gourcuff,Pjanic and Ederson. Rubin Kazan: Ryzhikov; Kuzmin, Kaleshin, Bocchetti, Kverkveliya; Sharonov, Kasaev, Noboa, Karadeniz; Natkho, Dyadun

Re: UEFA Champions League > 16-17 August Sorry that will post not so many words: 1. Lyon - Rubin - everybody bet handicap Rubin (+1). Especially in Russia. but i think bookies aren't fools. And think Rubin may lose (2:0) or take a draw (1:1). In all, my intuition says - that in this match will 2 or more goals. So, over 2 -at 1.73 - my choice for this match. Think it's more safer than Rubin(+1) +worth to try - over 2.5 - at 2.30. Correct score - 2:1 (at 8.00), 1:2 (at 18.00). 2. Also think about Over in Copenhagen - Viktoria Plzen 3. And - Under in Twente - Benfica. 4. Arsenal - Udinese - better to skip and watch. Really! Cut down expenses, guys! GL everybody!:cheers

Bate Borisov : Sturm Graz

Bate could be well placed as favorites but the odds are not attracting me and instead I rather go for Sturm Graz. Bate might have more European experience but their current form is not at the top of the hill and a proof to that is the poor game on Friday when they lost to FC Minsk. Sturm Graz on the other hand is coming into this encounter on the back of a 1:0 win against Rapid Wien and that might be the morale boost they need for this 1st leg. Bate will be missing suspended playmaker Renan Bressan and Evgeni Kuntsevich, Alexsandr Pavlov which are injured. Also 5 more other players are threatened to miss the second leg if they pick up a yellow card. Sturm Graz has also few missings but they also stand on a 6 player threat in case of yellow card. The teams might try not to bruise each other too much and risk suspensions for the decisive leg in Austria and I expect a tight game with few chances for both sides. Odds are tasty for asian handicap on Sturm so I'll go for that and hope they will be at least go home with a draw. Plus, even if they would lose by 1 goal difference I'll still recover half of my stake. Selection: Sturm Graz +0.5,+1.0 @ 1,72 - 6/10

Yes it's true that BATE lost with Minsk, but they have a pretty big advantage in Belarussian league, so they rested some players for a very important game with Sturm. Just to point one fact to consider when putting a bet. Good luck

Re: UEFA Champions League > 16-17 August @Simao: I know mate but I don't think Bate should be favored as much as bookies do so I'm gonna try the surprise here :) Anyone has info about Kobenhavn vs. Plzen ? Over 1,5 is priced at 1,31 and from what I know Kobenhavn is an attacking team. Plus I checked Plzen records and they also the kind of team which get's into high scoring games. Opinions ?

Sorry that will post not so many words: 1. Lyon - Rubin - everybody bet handicap Rubin (+1). Especially in Russia. but i think bookies aren't fools. And think Rubin may lose (2:0) or take a draw (1:1). In all, my intuition says - that in this match will 2 or more goals. So, over 2 -at 1.73 - my choice for this match. Think it's more safer than Rubin(+1) +worth to try - over 2.5 - at 2.30. Correct score - 2:1 (at 8.00), 1:2 (at 18.00). 2. Also think about Over in Copenhagen - Viktoria Plzen 3. And - Under in Twente - Benfica. 4. Arsenal - Udinese - better to skip and watch. Really! Cut down expenses, guys! GL everybody!:cheers
I would consider the following for the Copenhagen - Plzen Over bet: Copenhagen has won 5 consecutive matches (league and European competitions) of which 3 were with a 2-0 score and 4 were under and NG. These stats point to an under. Plzen will play it tight and try to prevent conceding a goal in the hope that they can get a result similar to that against Rosenborg in the last CL round where they won in Norway 0-1. The dynamics of the match say "under", I think, but good luck if you take the over..... The Twente - Benfica match has the potential for over since both teams are prolific scorers, but in a CL two game encounter I am always weary of the away team (Benfica) trying to shut down the home team (Twente) with the aim of getting a "manageable" result for the reverse fixture. I would feel better with "Both teams to score: Yes" (GG) @ 1.90 (Wiiliam Hill) where the bet wins should the match get stuck at 1-1. Good luck mate.....:hope

Re: UEFA Champions League > 16-17 August Incase anyone wanted to back Arsenal to win to nil, I see Paddy Power are doing another "in shop" special today, offering 2.875 on this. Best price elsewhere is 2.625 so worth a visit if you fancy it. Not for me though, too much uncertainy in that game to get involved.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 16-17 August Hey Iam new to the forum, but have some additional information about the Danish teams tonight. As has already been pointed out, Copenhagen is usually solid in defence and have played under 2,5 goal matches so far in the CL campain, so I do not expect a lot of goals, since also Plzen miss their topscorer and midfield general due to suspension in the first leg. As for Odense, it is optimistic to go for a draw against VIllereal. Odense have been in great form, but it was reported today that their main attacking threat Utaka will not take part in the first leg, due to injury and there are also doubts about if Reginussen their centre-back defender will make it, who is by far their best defender, though they have replacements. If you wanna bet on the OB-Villereal match go for over 2,5 or Odense to win by handicap of 1.

Event Twente - Benfica
Selection Over 2,5
Strength 10/10
Date 16/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Coral @ 2.25
Reasoning Benfica has today a important test to his future this season. In front, in Holland, has Twente from the old known Co Adriaanse, the last obstacle to a presence on the Champions League Groups phase. It will be the first hand and the coach Jorge Jesus can count with the return of Luisão and Cardozo. Aimar is in doubt. After a bad test, with the draw in Barcelos against Gil Vicente (2-2), on the debuting day of the league, Benfica will try to back to win or at least let all open to the second leg, at Luz. Jesus already can count with the captain Luisão, absent due to suspension in Barcelos, and can give a place on the starting eleven to Maxi Pereira and Cardozo. Pablo Aimar, who got injured on the game against Gil Vicente, is in doubt. Scoring goals that is what Benfica knows how to do and they also know the importance of doing it away too, against the offensive football of Twente...

Hey Iam new to the forum, but have some additional information about the Danish teams tonight. As has already been pointed out, Copenhagen is usually solid in defence and have played under 2,5 goal matches so far in the CL campain, so I do not expect a lot of goals, since also Plzen miss their topscorer and midfield general due to suspension in the first leg. As for Odense, it is optimistic to go for a draw against VIllereal. Odense have been in great form, but it was reported today that their main attacking threat Utaka will not take part in the first leg, due to injury and there are also doubts about if Reginussen their centre-back defender will make it, who is by far their best defender, though they have replacements. If you wanna bet on the OB-Villereal match go for over 2,5 or Odense to win by handicap of 1.
Agree with Copenhagen - Pilsen under! Pilsen play offensive in the league, but Champions league + away + little experience..I expect max two goals.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 16-17 August Arsenal's odds have become shorter....can't get better than 1.57....in the end I'm not going to bother for a singles bet....but I think Arsenal will win... What I will do is bet a treble at William Hill (Not necessarily the best odds for each single bet but I have to do it at one bookie...) Arsenal - Udinese: Arsenal @ 1.50 Copenhagen - Plzen: Under 2.5 goals @ 1.80 (the odds here have gone longer from about 1.60ish....some punters getting on the overs....) Twente - Benfica: Both teams to score: Yes @ 1.90 Treble odds: 5.13 Stake: 10/10 Reasoning for the choices has been given in previous posts. Good Luck....:hope

Re: UEFA Champions League > 16-17 August UEFA Competitions 2009-2010 33-25-4 +13.37 units (56.89%) UEFA Competitions 2010-2011 25-23-5 -0.97 units (52.08%) ^ Previous years Lyon -135 to win 1 unit @ 5dimes Think this is a bet risky with it being on the road. I think a lot of people will be hoping all over Rubin because they have played well in the past against teams like Barcelona and Inter in the Champions League. This is not the same team. Teams of the past where good defensively and hardly ever gave up more then one goal. In there last 3 results in the Russian premier league at home they've given up 6.

Arsenal's odds have become shorter....can't get better than 1.57....in the end I'm not going to bother for a singles bet....but I think Arsenal will win... What I will do is bet a treble at William Hill (Not necessarily the best odds for each single bet but I have to do it at one bookie...) Arsenal - Udinese: Arsenal @ 1.50 Copenhagen - Plzen: Under 2.5 goals @ 1.80 (the odds here have gone longer from about 1.60ish....some punters getting on the overs....) Twente - Benfica: Both teams to score: Yes @ 1.90 Treble odds: 5.13 Stake: 10/10 Reasoning for the choices has been given in previous posts. Good Luck....:hope
Really like that so will follow you, but with small stakes.

Lyon – Rubin Rubin has signed Nelson Valdes from Hercules. I could not find anything on their website whether he will play against Lyon or not, but he might play in the return leg in Kazan, which is an added advantage to their attack. Both teams have good experience in the CL during the past years and have equal chance to qualify, so in this case Rubin represents value. Rubin to Qualify @ 2.50 (2 units) Bet365
Nelson Valdes won't play today (source http://www.championat.com/football/news-897570.html), and I am not sure if he can play in the 2nd leg match.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 16-17 August Be surprised if Arsenal don't win even though their squad has been weakened during the season. Although they've played plenty of games without the likes of Fabregas and Van Persie in the past anyway because they are always injured a lot. Got to remember Serie A is a weak league at present you only have to look at how their team faired in Europe last season to know that. Udinese have also lost key players as well don't forgot. I've priced up Arsenal at 1.54, anything bigger than that is worth taking in my view.

Low attendance to a domestic game is a common thing you can see in every Balcan country. I really don't know why you are so surprised? It's normal for CL and EL games stadiums to be full. There are a couple of domestic games that can fill the stadiums like Partizan - Zvezda in Serbia' date= DInamo Zagreb v Hajduc in Croatia, Levski - CSKA in Bulgaria and lets say Steaua - Dinamo Bucuresti in Romania, all the other games in these leagues are low visited because the lack of intrigue, there are some exceptions of course but not many. In 90% of the cases one of those teams I mentioned end up as a champions in the end of the season (not sure about Romania, things are getting better there or at least we can see different teams involved in the battle for the title). Hope it's clear for you now.
I am from Bulgaria, the Balkans, and I concur. Ricardinho's question has an obvious answer. It has always been like this. At Ricardinho- Please do not make such extreme statements when you don't have all the info on the subject.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 16-17 August Twente : Benfica I would go for Benfica. Twente is a very well organized team. The new coach Co Adriaanse loves offensive football and will focus on it every game and against every team. But I think Twente in this stage has not got enough quality to play the style of their couch Co Adriaanse. Twente miss routine, high ball tempo and well organized defense; specially by corners, free kicks and counters. By the way last year Twente was not able to get the title, only because of they conceded a lot of goals in the last 8 games due to lack in defensive organization. I think that Benfica is much better than Twente in a lot of fronts: routine, well organized defense, more talented individual players, counters, scoring from corners and free kicks. Benfica @ 2.88 (Stanjames)

Arsenal's odds have become shorter....can't get better than 1.57....in the end I'm not going to bother for a singles bet....but I think Arsenal will win... What I will do is bet a treble at William Hill (Not necessarily the best odds for each single bet but I have to do it at one bookie...) Arsenal - Udinese: Arsenal @ 1.50 Copenhagen - Plzen: Under 2.5 goals @ 1.80 (the odds here have gone longer from about 1.60ish....some punters getting on the overs....) Twente - Benfica: Both teams to score: Yes @ 1.90 Treble odds: 5.13 Stake: 10/10 Reasoning for the choices has been given in previous posts. Good Luck....:hope
Good joice, mate! I will follow you with these picks :) cheers

Re: UEFA Champions League > 16-17 August Arsenal's starting XI: Szczesny; Sagna, Vermaelen, Koscielny, Gibbs; Song, Ramsey, Rosicky; Walcott, Gervinho, Chamakh. Subs: Fabianski, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Djourou, Arshavin, Jenkinson, Frimpong, Bendtner.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 16-17 August Arsenal vs Udinese My Pick : - OVER 2.5 1.99 SBO udinese know that there only chance of qualifying is if they score an away goal, and due to their hunger for a goal plus their inexperience at this level the 1.99 at sbo on over seems like value to me. They might leave to much space for Arsenal. I expect arsenal to win this, but i also expect Udinese to score. Forget the concept of Italian teams know how to defend anymore. Only 1 Italian team really knows how to do that perhaps. Milan