** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

England: Premier League Aug 13-15

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: England: Premier League Aug 13-15 Man City vs Swansea - Man City -1 1.83 @bet365 (4.5/10) Don't think winning by 2 goals is an unrealistic aim for City here. Normally I would have some question marks over betting on them as they can be a little unpredictable at times but with this being the first home game of the season and with them will no doubt wanting to appease the fans after throwing away last weekends match vs United I think City might rack up a few goals tonight. Could see this being similar to the Bolton vs QPR game to be honest. Given how strong City are, in defence and midfield I dont think Swansea will get much of a chance to play the game they want, which is nice attacking football. For me they will be on the back foot for most of the game, and defending for large parts of the game is not something they are generally used to to. Looking at there team I don't have too much confidence in their defence, especially coming up against the likes of Silva and Aguero. :hope

Re: England: Premier League Aug 13-15

Man City to win to nil is evens on Paddy Power' date=' just in-case you haven't placed your bets yet. :ok[/quote'] Danm i took them to keep a clean sheet yesterday @1.80:wall lol square! But hey i just noticed on PartyBets: ManCity to win to nil is currently 2.10 just a heads up!

He's definitely out today.
No, he played the full 90. Had a really good game actually but unfortunately no booking. Made a few fouls but Man Utd didn't really penetrate down the middle, more down the flanks which was unfortunately the downfall of this bet :(.

Re: England: Premier League Aug 13-15 I should really do my research earlier - I'd have been all over the 2.2-ish odds for Swansa +1.5 that were on offer yesterday! :cry Word of caution for the handicap backers: City only covered it against one of the six worst away teams last season (B'burn 1-1, B'ham 0-0, West Ham 2-1, Stoke 3-0, Wolves 4-3, Bolton 1-0), and in 5/19 games in total at home.

I should really do my research earlier - I'd have been all over the 2.2-ish odds for Swansa +1.5 that were on offer yesterday! :cry Word of caution for the handicap backers: City only covered it against one of the six worst away teams last season (B'burn 1-1, B'ham 0-0, West Ham 2-1, Stoke 3-0, Wolves 4-3, Bolton 1-0), and in 5/19 games in total at home.
Yeh this is a strange match and Man City are solid at home, but not exceptional. Swansea play some really good football and with Sinclair/Dyer, plus with the addition of last seasons C'ship top G/S, Danny Graham and Wayne Routledge I definitely think they are capable scoring. City also scored 3 last week (although against utd) but something they rarely do. I am def torn on what bet to here though between the City to win to nil @ 2.1 which I think represents value even after my above paragraph, yet Jens' post has made me wary regarding the handicap bet now.

Danm i took them to keep a clean sheet yesterday @1.80:wall lol square! But hey i just noticed on PartyBets: ManCity to win to nil is currently 2.10 just a heads up!
....though winning to nil is always going to be a bigger price than keeping a clean sheet as it excludes the 0-0.

Re: England: Premier League Aug 13-15 How long are these clean sheet odds going to rise? Man City 12/19 at home. Swansea were only held to nill in 6/23 away games, but only scored more than one in six as well - and only once against a top10 away team (Millwall, 8th). Swansea haven't strengthened their attack a whole lot (a few small signings, but still, if they're relying on Sinclair this season as well, I'm afraid it won't be enough), and opening days tend to be careful..

Man city -1 5/6 man city to keep a clean sheet 4/5 man city 3-0 7/1 tevez to score first 7/2 all with paddy power Really fancy city tonight as already said arsenal chelsea and liverpool all dropped points so far , big gulf in the sides here , swansea were very inconsistent last year whilst if anything city have strengthened signing aguero. city were a strong team at home last year i expect them to take advantage of the poor results this weekend and clear the -1 handicap :hope
Aguero and Tevez won't start tonight. Looking at a 4-2-3-1 type of formation with Dzeko up top, Silva Milner Balotelli behind him and De Jong and Toure sitting in front of the defense as holding players (Toure will have license to roam forward).

How long are these clean sheet odds going to rise? Man City 12/19 at home. Swansea were only held to nill in 6/23 away games' date=' but only scored more than one in six as well - and only once against a top10 away team (Millwall, 8th). Swansea haven't strengthened their attack a whole lot (a few small signings, but still, if they're relying on Sinclair this season as well, I'm afraid it won't be enough), and opening days tend to be careful..[/quote'] Doing this.. No time for a long write-up, but essentially: - Man City solid at hope, 13-5-2, 9-1-0 in their last 10 in the PL. 17-1-0 in their last 18 including cups, with 14 (!) clean sheets. - Swansea least away goals among top 5 in championship, least goals in total amongst top 7 - If they're relying on Sinclair (22 goals last season), then that's not great - he's not got a lot more than pace, and he proved whilst in Chelsea that that isn't enough. I'm sure Kompany, Lescott and Clichy (great signing) will be able to deal with him. - Captain Monk is highly doubtful, could be a blow to inspiration ('sif they need any though, they're playing in the premier league). I have a clean sheet rated at 55%.. Taken 1.90 at bet365 for a betvalue of 104.5%.

Re: England: Premier League Aug 13-15 That's a slight brainfart from me actually, I didn't notice Ladbrokes' 2.25 on City to win to nill. It all depends on how much chance you give the 0-0 though. Anything less than 9% (which I think it might be) and it'll represent more value than what I've got. Oh well, what's placed is placed :) I've never been a fan of pricing up scorelines anyway..

Sport Football (England - Prem)
Event Man City vs Swansea
Selection Clean Sheet - Man City
Strength 10/10
Date 15/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Coral @ 2.00
Reasoning I feel that this is good price for backing Man City to keep a clean sheet at home to Swansea. Man City's performance in the carling cup I felt was much better in comparison to their performance in general last year. With players like Clichy, Kompany, Lescott and Joe Hart in their line-up I feel they should have more than enough to keep out Swansea. Plus based on the stats Jenspm has provided, I am more than happy to be backing Man City to keep a clean sheet.

Re: England: Premier League Aug 13-15 Football (England - Prem) Event Manchester City vs Swansea Selection Over 2,00 goals Strength 10/10 Date 15/08/2011 Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 1.35 Reasoning WITH CAUTION! For new promoted team Swansea brought to the club some good money but only a few has spent to get new players, they brought Danny Graham , Leroy Lita and keeper Michel Vorm. The game vs Man City at home its very hard for them, last seson Swansea away matches where very bad 9 victory out of 23 matches and no more than 31 goals received. Man. City main objective is to get the title and Mancini put huge money on transfers. Its a Man. City game but i dont trust first matches, look at Liverpool, Look at Man. United a close victory, Arsenal etc.. So i must be carefull here and bet Over 2,00 goals Good luck!

Football (England - Prem) Event Manchester City vs Swansea Selection Over 2,00 goals Strength 10/10 Date 15/08/2011 Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 1.35 Reasoning WITH CAUTION! For new promoted team Swansea brought to the club some good money but only a few has spent to get new players, they brought Danny Graham , Leroy Lita and keeper Michel Vorm. The game vs Man City at home its very hard for them, last seson Swansea away matches where very bad 9 victory out of 23 matches and no more than 31 goals received. Man. City main objective is to get the title and Mancini put huge money on transfers. Its a Man. City game but i dont trust first matches, look at Liverpool, Look at Man. United a close victory, Arsenal etc.. So i must be carefull here and bet Over 2,00 goals Good luck!
I think it is good choice, Lita is good, decent, striker, and you will never know with favorites,,,,,,,,

Re: England: Premier League Aug 13-15 Fancy Lescott to score tonight, Man City will no doubt have a few corners tonight and he's proven himself over the last few seasons as being a big threat in the box. Lescott to score anytime 9.4 @ Betdaq

Sport Football (England - Prem)
Event Man City vs Swansea
Selection Clean Sheet - Man City
Strength 10/10
Date 15/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Coral @ 2.00
Reasoning I feel that this is good price for backing Man City to keep a clean sheet at home to Swansea. Man City's performance in the carling cup I felt was much better in comparison to their performance in general last year. With players like Clichy, Kompany, Lescott and Joe Hart in their line-up I feel they should have more than enough to keep out Swansea. Plus based on the stats Jenspm has provided, I am more than happy to be backing Man City to keep a clean sheet.
+10.0pts on the night. :beer Overall Profit on thread: -8.9pts Gratz to all winners! Good night in thread for all those on City! :clap:clap:clap

Man city -1 5/6:D man city to keep a clean sheet 4/5:D man city 3-0 7/1 oh so close :( tevez to score first 7/2 didnt play money back :) all with paddy power Really fancy city tonight as already said arsenal chelsea and liverpool all dropped points so far , big gulf in the sides here , swansea were very inconsistent last year whilst if anything city have strengthened signing aguero. city were a strong team at home last year i expect them to take advantage of the poor results this weekend and clear the -1 handicap :hope
Nice profit tonight :beer

Re: England: Premier League Aug 13-15 Thanks to all the tips! took the CS :) And bet on a man city win at HT and >1.5 at HT Thanks to all those who tipped, I still made a loss this weekend, hopefully will improve next week.

Doing this.. No time for a long write-up, but essentially: - Man City solid at hope, 13-5-2, 9-1-0 in their last 10 in the PL. 17-1-0 in their last 18 including cups, with 14 (!) clean sheets. - Swansea least away goals among top 5 in championship, least goals in total amongst top 7 - If they're relying on Sinclair (22 goals last season), then that's not great - he's not got a lot more than pace, and he proved whilst in Chelsea that that isn't enough. I'm sure Kompany, Lescott and Clichy (great signing) will be able to deal with him. - Captain Monk is highly doubtful, could be a blow to inspiration ('sif they need any though, they're playing in the premier league). I have a clean sheet rated at 55%.. Taken 1.90 at bet365 for a betvalue of 104.5%.
Super stuff Jenspm :drums