** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

England: Premier League Aug 13-15

:nana

Saturday 13 August 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Blackburn Rovers v Wolverhampton Wanderers (15:00 BST) 2.04 3.6 4.2 100.61 %
maximize.gif Fulham v Aston Villa (15:00 BST) 2.26 3.4 3.75 100.33 %
maximize.gif Liverpool v Sunderland (15:00 BST) 1.5 4.42 9 100.40 %
maximize.gif Queens Park Rangers v Bolton Wanderers (15:00 BST) 2.5 3.41 3.23 100.29 %
maximize.gif Tottenham Hotspur v Everton (15:00 BST) 1.94 3.63 4.7 100.37 %
maximize.gif Wigan Athletic v Norwich City (15:00 BST) 2.12 3.52 4.2 99.39 %
maximize.gif Newcastle United v Arsenal (17:30 BST) 4.72 3.6 1.92 101.05 %
Sunday 14 August 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Stoke City v Chelsea (13:30 BST) 6.4 3.8 1.69 100.96 %
maximize.gif West Bromwich Albion v Manchester United (16:00 BST) 7.48 4.37 1.57 99.95 %
Monday 15 August 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Manchester City v Swansea City (20:00 BST) 1.27 6.6 15.4 100.39 %

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: England: Premier League Aug 13-15 First day of the season often a bit tricky with a few surprises but been itching to bet on the Prem for ages now and will have to be disciplined. On a basic level, I like the look of the Fulham home win at 5/4. Had a few competitive games already (though admittedly against weak opposition) and have for years had a good record at home. With most of Fulham's first team playing together competively since the end of June and with Villa lining up quite different to last year (lost their 2 best outfield players with one good signing coming in) I'm happy to take the odds now before they go in. Nearly there guys....6 more days!!!! :)

Re: England: Premier League Aug 13-15 Liverpool v Sunderland: Carroll to score first Odds not up yet but I'll be looking out for this. Carroll has had a decent pre-season, scoring in the last 2 games, and with expected debutants Downing, Henderson and Adam all itching to make a name for themselves early on I expect they'll be lining up to assist Carroll in getting off the mark. Will also consider 1st goal method a header once that market opens too.

Re: England: Premier League Aug 13-15 Still early days but at the moment I'll be looking to lay Chelsea and United. Both far too short away from home on opening day. I may even be tempted to back Stoke and West Brom.

Re: England: Premier League Aug 13-15 I agree that first day quite often produces surprise results especially from the newly promoted sides. Based on that I like the odds on Swansea. IMO so early in the season no team should be priced that high. Another one I like is goals in Newcastle-Arsenal game. Its evident that gunners have serious problems in defense and they conceded goals in most of their pre-season fixtures. Also I like to note that last season Arsenal played Newcastle away twice and both times they scored 4 goals. So Arsenal to score Over 2.5 @ 3.40 and Over 3.5 @ 8.00 is tempting.

Re: England: Premier League Aug 13-15 Blackburn look a bit short, anyone agree? I fancy them to struggle this season having not really brought anyone of note in and losing Jones. I saw Wolves at Celtic Park last week and was quite impressed, especially with O'hara albeit it was a friendly. Early days but may back them on a handicap. Agree with Jk above about Chelsea being too short.

Re: England: Premier League Aug 13-15

Blackburn look a bit short' date=' anyone agree? I fancy them to struggle this season having not really brought anyone of note in and losing Jones. I saw Wolves at Celtic Park last week and was quite impressed, especially with O'hara albeit it was a friendly. Early days but may back them on a handicap. Agree with Jk above about Chelsea being too short.[/quote'] I wouldn't say Blackburn are too short, but I do, initially, think Wolves could spring a surprise here. Like you say, good pre-season form and perhaps Roger Johnson will help them be better on the road this term. Disagree about Chelsea, I think 1.69 is about right. Villas-Boas seems to of had a good impact so far, and Stoke have lost two of their three games against Chelsea at home. Last season doesn't really count, what with Chelsea being utter w*nk.

Re: England: Premier League Aug 13-15 Man.City - Swansea As I said earlier odds on Swansea can be ignored so early in the season. It is not common for big teams to lose their opening home game to outsiders. I just remember when Barcelona lost 0-2 at home to Hercules, or just now B.Munich lost 0-1 t B.M'bach. Also Man.City lost to Man.United today after leading 2-0 at half time and it should be noted that Man.United did not have either Ferdinand or Vidic in the second half. Anyway, this season I will be backing outsiders at odds like that and see if it is profitable or not :hope Swansea @ 15.00 (1 unit) Bet365

Given United's away record last season of won 5' date=' drawn 10, lost 4, I think they're underpriced at 1.57 and would be looking to lay despite their comeback win today.[/quote'] You're certain they're gonna be as bad away this season then? ;)

Re: England: Premier League Aug 13-15 Norwich look a good price. As we saw yesterday in the Championship the momentum of winning promotion the previous season can give you that extra incentive to win. Wigan have lost N'zogbia in pre-season and as a team only narrowly avoided relegation towards the end of last season so I feel that puts them on more or less level par with Norwich as a team. Norwich 4.2 Also like the look of Everton away at Tottenham. Both teams have the ability to beat anyone on there day, but think the pressure on Tottenham by there fans if they haven't scored in the first 20 mins can make them over play. Everton 4.7

Re: England: Premier League Aug 13-15 Initial thoughts: Wolves above 4 YES PLEASE- though wolves lost to bburn 3-2 last day of the season (at home) I believe that was an exception as for the last 6 months of the season bburn were going further and further down the table whereas wolves were going slightly up. State of these 2 teams currently- shrewd signings in Johnson and Hara will definitely strengthen the visitors. BBurn in disarray with captain and lost the excellent Jones. Fans on the terraces are restless, Wolves will be sure to rub this in. If not brave outright then maybe take the DNB or +0.5 Wolves handicap, whichever is longer (though usually the same). Toon vs Arsenal- both teams in disarray, fans are moody and unhappy and key players (Enrique and Barton) (Nasri and Cesc) are taking much of the headlines. Arsenal always dangerous in attack, but defensively are horrible. If Squillaci starts, (at the moment is likely due to injuries of Koscielny and Thomas V last match) that will be Toon getting at least a goal headstart. Toon bought some shred signings but will probably take time to gel. BTTS or over 2.5 looks to be best here, only a madman will surely call a home/draw/away with these two currently unpredictable teams. Would like to know more about Norwich and whether they are under/over price @ 4.2? Other prices seem about right to me.

Re: England: Premier League Aug 13-15 Newcastle-Arsenal London over 2,5 1,80 pinnacle 7pts Newcastle is not the best team when it is about defending.They lost their best player Nolan .They signed Demba Ba who is a good striker. Arsenal is still looking for their form,they were just capable of winning 2 of their 6 pre-season matches.Now,Vermaelen is also injured,like a few other player including Fabregas,Wilshere and Walcott.Up front,they have some very good players with van Persie,Gervinho and Arshavin. All in all I see a match with 3 goals at least. GL:ok

Liverpool v Sunderland, not sure on this, depends if Sunderland play the red balloon again against Liverpool he has a good record against Liverpool, 1/1. So will make a call on this early Saturday morning. :rollin:rollin:rollin
I think over 2.5 which is priced just under evens could be the play here. Liverpool have been conceding for fun during pre-season and despite having the best keeper in the league I think their defence looks vulnerable this season unless they bring anyone in between now and the end of August. At the same time they are very capable of scoring goals and have brought in some impressive attacking players. BTTS and overs would be my initial thoughts.

Man.City - Swansea As I said earlier odds on Swansea can be ignored so early in the season. It is not common for big teams to lose their opening home game to outsiders. I just remember when Barcelona lost 0-2 at home to Hercules, or just now B.Munich lost 0-1 t B.M'bach. Also Man.City lost to Man.United today after leading 2-0 at half time and it should be noted that Man.United did not have either Ferdinand or Vidic in the second half. Anyway, this season I will be backing outsiders at odds like that and see if it is profitable or not :hope Swansea @ 15.00 (1 unit) Bet365
Man City record at home 2010/2011: 13-4-2 (3rd best in Premier League) Swansea record away 2010/2011: 9-3-11 (7th best in Championship) + Aguero this should not be ignored, either however, I wish you luck with this one, there will be surprises on the 1st day, surely

Man City record at home 2010/2011: 13-4-2 (3rd best in Premier League) Swansea record away 2010/2011: 9-3-11 (7th best in Championship) + Aguero this should not be ignored, either however, I wish you luck with this one, there will be surprises on the 1st day, surely
I just think that so high odds can't be ignored in Premier League. Just two examples Liverpool 1-2 Blackpool @ 12.00, Chelsea 0-3 Sunderland @ 15.00.

Re: England: Premier League Aug 13-15 Newcastle vs Arsenal. Both teams to score @ 4/6. Hard to predict a winner, even as an Arsenal fan i just dont see us winning this because of how poor our defence is. Both defences leak goals for fun, cant forget the 4-4 from last season between them. Man City vs Swansea. Teams to score Man City only @ 4/5. Citys firepower up front is going to be too much for swansea to handle and with a solid defence filled with the likes of Joe Hart, Vincent Kompany and De jong just infront of the defence, i cant see swansea scoring. Double pays 2/1 :hope

Re: England: Premier League Aug 13-15 I usually tend to stay away from opening day fixtures but I would like to make a few comments. I will report my final bets later this week, so no odds so far! Newcastle - Arsenal It's worth mentioning that Arsenal have plenty of doubts right now. I think placing any bets prior to the midweek internationals is suicidical, especially considering the Gunners seem to pick up a lot of injuries during internationals anyway. That being said I wouldn't trust neither Newcastle nor Arsenal here, given the odds. If van Persie and Walcott are fit and Vermaelen, Gibbs etc remain out, an over 2.5 or both teams to score bet might be on the card. WBA - ManUtd I fail to see what ManUtd have done to be considered 1.5 away from home again a hard-working side like WBA. If Odemwingie is fit for WBA this could be high-scoring match considering the ManUtd defending has not been very convincing (thought de Gea was horribly against ManCity) while their attack looks very good. Tottenham - Everton For some reason I like Tottenham @1,9 here. Everton weren't great in preseason(loses against Bremen and Villareal, albeit away from home) and usually start the season slowly.

WBA - ManUtd I fail to see what ManUtd have done to be considered 1.5 away from home again a hard-working side like WBA. If Odemwingie is fit for WBA this could be high-scoring match considering the ManUtd defending has not been very convincing (thought de Gea was horribly against ManCity) while their attack looks very good.
Man.United always struggled to replace their key goalkeeper, just remember what happened when Schemichel retired. So, I guess they won't keep as many clean sheets as they did last year. De Gea is talented but there is much more pressure when playing for Man.United and fighting for all the titles compared to A.Madrid. Maybe in a few years he will be top keeper and might even fight with Casillas for No.1 spot in Spain, but not now. Betting on overs or both to score will be a good option this season for any game involving Man.United.

Given United's away record last season of won 5' date=' drawn 10, lost 4, I think they're underpriced at 1.57 and would be looking to lay despite their comeback win today.[/quote'] Not certain, obviously, but I think it's a possibility. I also thought De Gea looked seriously jittery yesterday.

Man.United always struggled to replace their key goalkeeper, just remember what happened when Schemichel retired. So, I guess they won't keep as many clean sheets as they did last year. De Gea is talented but there is much more pressure when playing for Man.United and fighting for all the titles compared to A.Madrid. Maybe in a few years he will be top keeper and might even fight with Casillas for No.1 spot in Spain, but not now. Betting on overs or both to score will be a good option this season for any game involving Man.United.
Yes,you are totally right and my bet will be over 2,5 with medium to high stakes.Their offense is just too good as we could see against City.Defensivley,de Gea needs some time obviously and therefore the over is a really good choice.

Re: England: Premier League Aug 13-15 Wigan-Norwich 2 4,00 paddy power 2pts Wigan has lost their two best players N'Zogbia and Cleverley.They were their key players in avoiding the relegation.Now,both are gone and they only signed Jones from Wolverhampton as a replacement but I can't see him being the new key player.Last year,Wigan started with a 0-4 defeat by Blackpool at home.Since their arrival in the Premier League,they have lost 6 out of 7 openers. Norwich is a solid unit,being promoted two times in a row.Manager Lambert signed some good player with the likes of de Laet from Manchester United (who was on loan at Portsmouth last year and showed some very good perfomances) or defender Naughton from Tottenham as well as strikers Vaughan and Morrison. All in all,Norwich are is the better team in my eyes.Wigan lost their two key players and didn't replace them.They also lost 6 out of 7 openers. GL:ok

Re: England: Premier League Aug 13-15 Fulham v Villa Under 2.5 @ 1.75 (Betfair) Fancy Fulham to keep Villa's attack quiet in this one, but not so sure if they'll manage the win, and like the unders. It's only the early stages of the Europa, but Fulham have looked decent enough under their new boss, and, like I say, I don't think will lose here. At the same time I'm sure McLeish will have Villa better organised than under Houllier/McAllister, and I doubt, should Fulham win, it'll be a rout.

Wigan-Norwich 2 4' date=00 paddy power 2pts Wigan has lost their two best players N'Zogbia and Cleverley.They were their key players in avoiding the relegation.Now,both are gone and they only signed Jones from Wolverhampton as a replacement but I can't see him being the new key player.Last year,Wigan started with a 0-4 defeat by Blackpool at home.Since their arrival in the Premier League,they have lost 6 out of 7 openers. Norwich is a solid unit,being promoted two times in a row.Manager Lambert signed some good player with the likes of de Laet from Manchester United (who was on loan at Portsmouth last year and showed some very good perfomances) or defender Naughton from Tottenham as well as strikers Vaughan and Morrison. All in all,Norwich are is the better team in my eyes.Wigan lost their two key players and didn't replace them.They also lost 6 out of 7 openers. GL:ok
Did not know they lost so many of their opening fixtures. Good tip and will follow you on this one. I am also considering Norwich -1 available @ 8.00-8.50. What do you think?

Disagree about Chelsea' date=' I think 1.69 is about right. Villas-Boas seems to of had a good impact so far, and Stoke have lost two of their three games against Chelsea at home. Last season doesn't really count, what with Chelsea being utter w*nk.[/quote'] I agree with you. Chelsea beat Stoke in 9 out of their last 10 games (including cup games) and they normally play good football in the beginning of the season. They also did well in their pre-season friendlies winning all of their 6 games, scoring 15 and conceding only 1 goal. Next week Stoke will play in Europa League which for them is much more important than a game against Chelsea and it is very likely that their coach wouldn’t want to risk some of the key players. Most likely I will be taking Chelsea in a double with something else.

Re: England: Premier League Aug 13-15 I see many members punting on Norwich, and on Wolves, and alongside that - the price for both picks is pushed from 4,2 down to 3,75. Good luck to early birds, but... I am not as confident as you are in Norwich taking the full spoils from Wigan, but with the prices dropping, I took "Draw or Norwich" (X2) @ 1,72 (Bet365), since on the matchday X2 might be priced as low as 1,55... I see this as a tough match for both teams, Wigan determined not to lose (in spite of lost valuable players), and Norwich might be satisfied to claim a point on their first match, considering it's an away fixture...

Did not know they lost so many of their opening fixtures. Good tip and will follow you on this one. I am also considering Norwich -1 available @ 8.00-8.50. What do you think?
AS long as Rodallega doesn't score it is possible,but I won't go on Norwich -1.If you want this you better go on AH-1.I was thinking that a possible result is 0-1,0-2 or 1-2 so... GL to you and anyone else on this pick:ok

I agree with you. Chelsea beat Stoke in 9 out of their last 10 games (including cup games) and they normally play good football in the beginning of the season. They also did well in their pre-season friendlies winning all of their 6 games, scoring 15 and conceding only 1 goal. Next week Stoke will play in Europa League which for them is much more important than a game against Chelsea and it is very likely that their coach wouldn’t want to risk some of the key players. Most likely I will be taking Chelsea in a double with something else.
But remember that Stoke is a solid home team.