** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

England: Carling Cup Aug 9-11

Tuesday 9 August 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Crystal Palace v Crawley Town (19:30 BST) 1.88 3.5 4.64 103.31 %
maximize.gif Hartlepool United v Sheffield United (19:30 BST) 2.9 3.4 2.53 103.42 %
maximize.gif Accrington Stanley v Scunthorpe United (19:45 BST) 3 3.45 2.41 103.81 %
maximize.gif AFC Bournemouth v Dagenham & Redbridge (19:45 BST) 1.8 3.6 4.52 105.46 %
maximize.gif Barnsley v Morecambe (19:45 BST) 1.57 4.33 6.13 103.04 %
maximize.gif Brighton & Hove Albion v Gillingham (19:45 BST) 1.53 4.33 6.51 103.67 %
maximize.gif Bristol City v Swindon Town (19:45 BST) 1.72 4 5.5 101.08 %
maximize.gif Burnley v Burton Albion (19:45 BST) 1.4 4.5 8 106.15 %
maximize.gif Bury v Coventry City (19:45 BST) 3 3.4 2.46 103.40 %
maximize.gif Charlton Athletic v Reading (19:45 BST) 3.3 3.4 2.28 103.57 %
maximize.gif Cheltenham Town v Milton Keynes Dons (19:45 BST) 3.4 3.5 2.2 103.44 %
maximize.gif Derby County v Shrewsbury Town (19:45 BST) 1.62 4 6.01 103.37 %
maximize.gif Doncaster Rovers v Tranmere Rovers (19:45 BST) 1.8 3.6 4.5 105.56 %
maximize.gif Exeter City v Yeovil Town (19:45 BST) 2.29 3.4 3.4 102.49 %
maximize.gif Hereford United v Brentford (19:45 BST) 2.96 3.4 2.5 103.20 %
maximize.gif Hull City v Macclesfield Town (19:45 BST) 1.5 5 7.01 100.93 %
maximize.gif Ipswich Town v Northampton Town (19:45 BST) 1.44 4.5 8.5 103.22 %
maximize.gif Leeds United v Bradford City (19:45 BST) 1.57 4.6 6.5 100.76 %
maximize.gif Nottingham Forest v Notts County (19:45 BST) 1.65 4.2 5.56 102.40 %
maximize.gif Oldham Athletic v Carlisle United (19:45 BST) 2.37 3.35 3.2 103.29 %
maximize.gif Plymouth Argyle v Millwall (19:45 BST) 4 3.5 2 103.57 %
maximize.gif Port Vale v Huddersfield Town (19:45 BST) 3.75 3.5 2.1 102.86 %
maximize.gif Portsmouth v Barnet (19:45 BST) 1.5 4.33 7 104.05 %
maximize.gif Preston North End v Crewe Alexandra (19:45 BST) 1.7 4 5.5 102.01 %
maximize.gif Rochdale v Chesterfield (19:45 BST) 2.2 3.4 3.3 105.17 %
maximize.gif Rotherham United v Leicester City (19:45 BST) 7 4 1.66 99.29 %
maximize.gif Southampton v Torquay United (19:45 BST) 1.57 4.33 7 101.00 %
maximize.gif Southend United v Leyton Orient (19:45 BST) 2.62 3.4 2.62 105.60 %
maximize.gif Stevenage v Peterborough United (19:45 BST) 3 3.4 2.4 104.41 %
maximize.gif Walsall v Middlesbrough (19:45 BST) 3.75 3.5 2.1 102.86 %
maximize.gif West Ham v Aldershot Town (19:45 BST) 1.4 5 8 103.93 %
maximize.gif Wycombe Wanderers v Colchester United (19:45 BST) 2.57 3.4 2.75 104.69 %
Wednesday 10 August 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Bristol Rovers v Watford (19:45 BST) 3.2 3.5 2.3 103.30 %
maximize.gif Oxford United v Cardiff City (19:45 BST) 3.88 3.5 2.04 103.36 %
Thursday 11 August 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Sheffield Wednesday v Blackpool (19:45 BST) 2.6 3.45 2.78 103.42 %

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: England: Carling Cup Aug 9-11 Might be worth looking at over 2.5 @ around 1.71 in the Burnley-Burton game. 70% (seven out of ten) of Eddie Howe's games at Turf Moor have gone over, whilst last season Burton's away games went over 64% (sixteen out of twenty-five), but out of twenty-one matches that actually had a goal in, 76% (sixteen out of twenty-one) had three or more. These sides played out a 3-1 at Burnley in the FA Cup last season.

Re: England: Carling Cup Aug 9-11 Hi all, I like the look of these fixtures and the odds are not overly short when considering the difference in class between some of these sides. It is international week however so these are some of the names missing from several championship clubs when considering your options. Club: missing (international side) Cardiff: Earnshaw, blake (wales), Miller, McNaughton, Cowie (Scotland) Leeds: Snodgrass (Scotland), O'Dea (Rep of Ireland) West Ham: Collison (Wales), Parker (England) Blackpool: Gilks, Crainey (Scotland) Brighton: Mackail-smith (Scotland) Middlesboro: Robson (Scotland) Reading: Long (Rep of Ireland) Leicester: St Ledger (Rep of Ireland) Burnley: Treacy (Rep of Ireland) Millwall: Ford (Rep of Ireland) Also Doncaster are missing both of their main strikers in Billy Sharp and James COppinger due to injuries sustained in the opening day loss at Brighton. Wouldnt be surprised for the draw odds to come in a bit on this match and Doncaster come out a bit. Of the teams I think Cardiff could be vulnerable at Oxford so a Oxford handicap bet could come good. West Ham, Hull and Leeds all lost at the weekend and will be itching to get some plus points from their games. All 3 should be too good for their opponents from League 2. Burnley also should be too strong for Burton, Charlie Austin should come into the side to play alongside Rodriguez. I will be back when full team news is announced alongside some prices and stakes. Any more news/opinions is much appreciated, especially from fans of the teams involved.:ok

Re: England: Carling Cup Aug 9-11

Hi all, I like the look of these fixtures and the odds are not overly short when considering the difference in class between some of these sides. It is international week however so these are some of the names missing from several championship clubs when considering your options. Club: missing (international side) Cardiff: Earnshaw, blake (wales), Miller, McNaughton, Cowie (Scotland) Leeds: Snodgrass (Scotland), O'Dea (Rep of Ireland) West Ham: Collison (Wales), Parker (England) Blackpool: Gilks, Crainey (Scotland) Brighton: Mackail-smith (Scotland) Middlesboro: Robson (Scotland) Reading: Long (Rep of Ireland) Leicester: St Ledger (Rep of Ireland) Burnley: Treacy (Rep of Ireland) Millwall: Ford (Rep of Ireland) Also Doncaster are missing both of their main strikers in Billy Sharp and James COppinger due to injuries sustained in the opening day loss at Brighton. Wouldnt be surprised for the draw odds to come in a bit on this match and Doncaster come out a bit. Of the teams I think Cardiff could be vulnerable at Oxford so a Oxford handicap bet could come good. West Ham, Hull and Leeds all lost at the weekend and will be itching to get some plus points from their games. All 3 should be too good for their opponents from League 2. Burnley also should be too strong for Burton, Charlie Austin should come into the side to play alongside Rodriguez. I will be back when full team news is announced alongside some prices and stakes. Any more news/opinions is much appreciated, especially from fans of the teams involved.:ok
No Max Gradel either for Leeds

No Max Gradel either for Leeds
Just got the team news up on BBC :ok, which international team does he play for mate? Hes one of the better players there at the moment, even without him the likes of Howson, paynter and, with those few players out, Nunez, should be too good for a poor Bradford side. I would expect Nunez and Sam to be 2 of the players to come into the team. After a disappointing start to the campaign it may do Grayson some good to get the squad involved and from what iv seen of Nunez he looks like he could do well at championship level.

Re: England: Carling Cup Aug 9-11 Charlton - Reading pick - Charlton(+0.25AH) odds - 1.93@Pinnacle stake - 4/10 Charlton started with a convincing 3-0 victory against Bournemouth and tomorrow they are hosting Championship side Reading in the first round of Carling Cup. The addicks manager Chris Powell may make a couple of changes to his starting XI. Defender Rhoys Wiggins would most probably miss the game as he is waiting a call the Wales friendly against Australia. There might be some other players with some knocks after Saturday's game, but Powell hasn't revealed their names yet. On the other hand Reding would miss six of their players. The Royals managed to score two late goals in the 2-2 draw against Millwall on Saturday and the goal-scorer Manset would probably take the place of Shane Long, since he would be involved for Republic of Ireland as they take on Croatia in Dublin. GK Adam Federici, winger Hal Robson-Kanu and defender Bongani Khumalo are also in their countries' squads for the midweek internationals. Moreover, full-backs Shaun Cummings and Marcus Williams received injuries on Saturday and will also miss tomorrow's clash. In my opinion Charlton have all chances to proceed in the next round and they will definitely cause problems for Reding, therefore I am taking Charlton +0.25AH. Good luck to everybody!

Re: England: Carling Cup Aug 9-11 Now that its on the night i sense more draws. Two-legged games effect tactics and mentality. I hate teams losing 1-0 away trying not to let a second one in, instead of trying to score!! Also, i will bet against anything the RP puts up! Shocking on Saturday tipping E Fife, Morton, Carlisle, Brum, Pompey and Wycombe. My team Huddersfield were simply awful on Saturday v Bury and i will be taking the draw at financially threatened Port Vale at 5/2 Clark has threatened team changes, 1 shot at home on Saturday and i sense a long season ahead.

Re: England: Carling Cup Aug 9-11 Crystal Palace - Crawley pick - over 2.5 goals odds - 1.99@Pinnacle stake - 5/10 Crystal Palace entertain last season's Conference champions Crawley Town in the Carling Cup First Round tomorrow evening. The Eagles lost against newly promoted Peterborough on Saturday after leading 1-0 on half-time. Now they will be missing some important players, midfielders Jonathan Parr, Mile Jedinak and on-loan full-back Ryan McGivern are all with their international squads, with youngster Jon Williams also joining up with the Wales Under-21 squad. Defender Dean Moxey is suspended, while fellow defender Nathaniel Clyne and Lee Hills are injured. All these problems mean that manager Dougie Freedman will have to turn to some of the club's youngsters. The visitors welcome back midfielder Akpan after suspension, but defender John Dempster will miss the game through suspension, while veteran GK Michel Kuipers is doubtful. In my opinion the odds represent great value considering the problems in Palace's squad together with the inability of Crawley to keep clean sheet, however I am sure that they will try to win and thus continue to re-write their club history, so I can see, and hope for, many goals. Good luck!

Re: England: Carling Cup Aug 9-11 Hello, this is my first post so don't be too mean to me! Not really been betting much in the past but thought I would give it a go this season. Currently 100% win rate after the weekend (only had the one bet on Leicester to beat Coventry mind). Anyway, looking at the ties going to put a few BTTS down and see what happens! Accrington Stanley v Scunthorpe United Ipswich Town v Northampton Town Cheltenham Town v MK Dons Exeter City v Yeovil Town Charlton Athletic v Reading Derby County v Shrewsbury Town Odds wise I got 39/1 at SkyBet. £5 stake returns £199.50.

Hello, this is my first post so don't be too mean to me! Not really been betting much in the past but thought I would give it a go this season. Currently 100% win rate after the weekend (only had the one bet on Leicester to beat Coventry mind). Anyway, looking at the ties going to put a few BTTS down and see what happens! Accrington Stanley v Scunthorpe United Ipswich Town v Northampton Town Cheltenham Town v MK Dons Exeter City v Yeovil Town Charlton Athletic v Reading Derby County v Shrewsbury Town Odds wise I got 39/1 at SkyBet. £5 stake returns £199.50.
So what are you going for? Home wins?

Re: England: Carling Cup Aug 9-11 The following bets are assuming that the teams do not change their lineups too much from the weekend. I am going to try a speculative ht/ft on the following: Bristol City v Swindon HT=A, FT=H. 25/1 Sporting Bet Both these teams were knocked out in the 1st round last season, City losing 3-2 to Southend and Swindon losing 2-1 at home to Orient after winning at half time. Swindon most recently played a Championship side against Reading in preseason, where they again threw away a half time lead to lose 2-1 with both teams fielding their strongest teams. Bristol City lost 3-0 at the weekend and were 1-0 down at half time. I feel they could start slowly again but the two division difference will come through in the end. Charlton Athletic v Reading HT=H, FT=A. 33/1 Sporting Bet Charlton threw away a half time lead at this stage last season, eventually losing 4-3 away to Shrewsbury. There are a few that see this as being a good season for Charlton and got off to winning ways at the weekend with a good 3-0 win at home to Bournemouth. Reading came back from losing 2-0 to get a 2-2 draw at the weekend. As already mentioned they played Swindon, a local rival, in preseason and came from behind at half time to win 2-1. I'm hoping both higher division teams will again start slowly but pick up their game to get the win. 2 X Singles and 1 X Double @ 883/1 :hope:eek:hope

Hello, this is my first post so don't be too mean to me! Not really been betting much in the past but thought I would give it a go this season. Currently 100% win rate after the weekend (only had the one bet on Leicester to beat Coventry mind). Anyway, looking at the ties going to put a few BTTS down and see what happens! Accrington Stanley v Scunthorpe United Ipswich Town v Northampton Town Cheltenham Town v MK Dons Exeter City v Yeovil Town Charlton Athletic v Reading Derby County v Shrewsbury Town Odds wise I got 39/1 at SkyBet. £5 stake returns £199.50.
:welcome to PL mate please take some time to look at the rules and the thread regarding reasoning in the uk forum (stickied in the uk forum) - any posts in the divisional threads must have reasoning behind them. Quality is what we're striving for :ok

Re: England: Carling Cup Aug 9-11 Doncaster-Tranmere under 2,5 1,75 gamebookers 5pts Doncaster-Tranmere AH+0,75 1,76 ladbrokes 5pts Doncaster has to many absentees.Martis,Chambers,O'Connor,Woods,Stock,Lockwood and Wilson are already injured and now,since saturday,their best strikers Sharp and Hayter are also out and maybe for a long time,at least Sharp will be.They remaining players are not much better than Tranmere as they have just striker Showunmi rated as doubtful. All in all I don't see any difference in both teams now with Doncaster being without 9 players and most of them belong to the starting XI. GL:ok

It's been on the night for about 10 years now ;).
I knew that as soon as i posted. Dont think its 10 years though? I know that i struggle to make money in the Champions league and Uefa (Europa) when its two legs. It is hard to predict what a team who may be a goal down may do. I back a lot of draws, not good when the team you have backed to draw are happy with a one goal defeat!!

Re: England: Carling Cup Aug 9-11 I'm absolutely loving this round as it pits some higher league teams against lower. The pre-season nerves are well and truly gone following the first round of games at the weekend and teams will either be on a high from winning the first game of the season or searching for a convincing first win against lesser opposition. For that reason, I'll be looking at several over 2.5 goals. Initial standout fixtures are: Stevenage v Peterborough Burnley v Burton Albion Rotherham United v Leicester City Plymouth Argyle v Millwall Nottingham Forrest v Notts County Will pick a couple of games out of there for an over 2.5 goals double later on with full reasoning.

West Ham v Aldershot has been postponed due to all the f***** k*** heads rioting in London
Yup, rumour is that it won't be the last one either. Expect all the London based/close to London fixtures to be called off too. The Charlton game is rumoured to be off too.

Yup' date=' rumour is that it won't be the last one either. Expect all the London based/close to London fixtures to be called off too. The Charlton game is rumoured to be off too.[/quote'] :@ Literally as soon as I posted it, Sky News reporting its off. Wish I had that much foresight with my punting.

Re: England: Carling Cup Aug 9-11 Cheltenham v MK Dons MK Dons to Qualify @ 4/6 (William Hill) Don't know why MK Dons are priced this highly, playing League Two opposition in Cheltenham. MK Dons have plenty of decent attacking players and had a decent Carling Cup run last year, going out in the third round to Birmingham City (who went on to win it). MK Dons have a lot of the same squad as last year and take this competition seriously - beating a full strength Blackpool in the second round last year. Tempted to take 90 minutes at 5/4 but will play it same with to qualify.