** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Snooker: PTC Events

kevshat

Re: Snooker: PTC Events That has to go down as an annoying PTC. Hamilton did win so I was +4.81 for the match bets across the event but despite having 3 outrights get to finals day I couldn't land an outright return so -3.19 overall for the event and -22.01 for the PTCs combined. Knocking on the door of them outright. Just need one to open. :hope it'll be in Killarney next weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Snooker: PTC Events Ok PTC8 is this weekend. Begins on Friday morning. I'm out most of Friday but I will have a couple of match bets later. I've dug out 4 outrights I fancy to go well. All 1/4 odds to 4 places. 1.5pts ew J.Trump to win PTC8 16/1 Apollo Bet I really like what I've seen from Judd Trump recently and the fact this tournament has an arena feel to it rather than the cubicle feel I think will bring out the best snooker in the top players and Judd is definitely one of those. He's already won a PTC this season and he demolished some good players on finals day to win that. He's not in the half of the draw which contains O'Sullivan, Higgins, Robertson and Williams so it's job done on that front and he's got a smooth path through to finals day really. Given who is now he's likely to be on the TV table a lot this week and even in the last 16 the hardest draw he could have is Stephen Lee. Shaun Murphy or Ali Carter could await him in the quarter finals but we would effectively be on Trump at 4/1 to beat either of those when he would probably be the favourite against both men. He takes some confidence out to Killarney with him after winning the Premier League event on Thursday night and I think he can add ranking event success to that win in Ireland on Sunday. 1pt ew M.Stevens to win PTC8 40/1 Skybet Matthew Stevens is another who is playing good snooker and he was unlucky in the last PTC to run into Ronnie in such good form in the final because he had played wonderful snooker up until then. He beat my pick for that event Shaun Murphy in the quarter finals and you don't do that if you are not playing well. Stevens is back scoring like he can now and that's good news. He has got O'Sullivan, Higgins and Williams in his half of the draw but they are in the other quarter so the ew part of this punt will be landed before he heads into them. He has got Robertson in his quarter but he's been dealt a short straw having been playing in the Premier League in Exeter until gone 11 on Thursday night he now has to fly to Killarney to play his first match at 2pm on Friday :loon. That ain't going to be a help. Maguire is also in his quarter but he's made it quite clear in the last week what he thinks of these events. Stevens is going well though and has gone on record that he is enjoying the match practice so at 40/1 I hope he can practice his way to the title this weekend. 0.5pts ew R.Day to win PTC8 66/1 Skybet Ryan Day isn't someone I back too often and there's no massive form behind to say he's a standout bet this weekend. In fact a quick look at his draw and it's not pretty but I've just got a feeling that might bring out the best in the Welshman. He would potentially have to go through Williams, O'Sullivan and Higgins before he lands the place money this weekend but he often raises his game against those sorts of players and plays shit against those below him. Tough draw yes, little form yes but somewhere inside me there's a feeling that at 66/1 Ryan Day is worth a little try this weekend. 0.5pts ew M.Holt to win PTC8 150/1 Sportingbet This bet comes with a health and safety warning. It's never good for the health to be cheering Michael Holt on but at this price I'm prepared to have a go. He's generally going ok this season and he's not a million miles from getting into the top 16 mix. He's been to a quarter final in PTC5 and beat Mark Williams and Jack Lisowski in PTC7 so he's clearly playing some good snooker and this event could just bring out the best in him. He won't have it easy with Selby and Dott in his quarter but those two are due to meet each other early in this event. Michael Holt could easily bomb out in the first round but he seems quite relaxed on twitter and talking a good game so at 150/1 I'll pay to see if he's playing one too.

Re: Snooker: PTC Events Couple of match bets to get us started this weekend too. Most of the match bets I would expect to be on Saturday but I might come back with one or two more for Friday in the morning before I shoot off for the Luton game. 4pts P.Suwannawat to beat B.Pinches 10/11 Paddy Power Passakorn Suwannawat has gone relatively well in the PTC's this season on the whole apart from a couple of poor events recently. He's new to the tour though so I'm prepared to let him have them. Barry Pinches has been awful. In the 7 PTC events so far this season he has won one match, which was against an amateur, and he's lost his last 7 matches in the tournaments. Whether that's a motivation issue or a loss of his game issue I'm not sure but either way it's not good. To Pinches credit he did qualify for Australia but he hasn't won a match since August and his confidence must at an all time low. Suwannawat has lost in the first round of the last two PTC's but he did make the quarter finals in PTC4 where Mark Williams and Ken Doherty were among his victims. He's lost in the first round of the last two tournaments but he's lost to Peter Ebdon and Gerard Greene, both of whom you would say are stronger opposition than Pinches so at 10/11 I'm happy to take the Thai here. 4pts J.Jogia to beat J.Swail Evs Boylesports I'm really surprised that Boylesports have Swail as favourite for this match. It can only be on reputation as far as I can see. Swail has only made it past the second round in one PTC event this season which was PTC6 and he had a comfortable draw to the last 16 where he made a swift exit as soon as he played someone half decent in the form of Stephen Lee. Joe Jogia made the semi finals of PTC1 where he lost to Ronnie O'Sullivan but Michael Holt and Marcus Campbell were among his victims that weekend. Since then his PTC victims include Neil Robertson and Mark Allen so he's got quite a few notable scalps on his CV this season. He's lost in the first round of the last two PTC's which will disappoint him but having made 3 finals days in the first 7 PTC events this season he's clearly someone who is relishing them and I think he can take care of Swail in this one.

Re: Snooker: PTC Events Good start to the day with Suwannawat coming from 3-0 down to beat Pinches 4-3. One more for today. 3pts B.Woollaston to beat L.Wenbo 6/5 William Hill Ben Woollaston has already won a PTC event this season and while his form since hasn't been brilliant it's fair to say Liang's form hasn't been a lot better. There's been signs from Liang in recent events that he could be coming into a bit of form but the problem with him is even when he's playing well his all or nothing nature makes his margins of success a lot slimmer than many other players. Woollaston is more than capable of winning this match. In his PTC win earlier in the season he beat subsequent winner Andrew Higginson, Ken Doherty and Graeme Dott so when he plays well he's a match for most and at strong odds against like he is here I have to take Woollaston to beat Wenbo this afternoon.

Re: Snooker: PTC Events Going ok in this tournament so far. All 3 match bets won and I've got 2 outrights (Trump and Day) through to finals day so I'm hoping for a decent profit from the weekend. Wasn't any match bets I really fancied today but hopefully one or two might materialise tomorrow.

Re: Snooker: PTC Events Trump is into the quarter finals where he'll play Alan McManus to secure the each way pay out. Ryan Day lost in a deciding frame to Mark Allen so it's just Trump running for me now. One for the quarter finals which begin at 1. 3pts M.Allen to beat J.Higgins 6/5 Boylesports Mark Allen has played really well in this tournament so far. He only dropped one frame on Friday in his three matches and although he was taken to a deciding frame by Day this morning, Ryan Day scored heavily in the match. Allen did what he had to do amid signs that his form from Friday is continuing. John Higgins was on the TV table this morning against Gerard Greene and for the most part he was awful and if he was facing a stronger opponent he would've been dumped out. This time he is facing a stronger opponent and one who generally plays well against the top players. With the event being in Ireland and Allen being the last Irishman left in the tournament he'll probably have a few people behind him and they can inspire him to a win over the world champion here.

Re: Snooker: PTC Events Sadly Trump lost in the final so I still can't nail the winner of one of these despite getting places in a lot of the events. All 4 match bets for PTC8 won though which brought in 14.84pts while I lost half a point on the outrights so +14.34 for PTC8 and that's slashed the overall deficit to -6.67pts.

• 3 weeks later...

Re: Snooker: PTC Events PTC9 begins on Friday. Usual four outrights for me. 1.5pts ew J.Higgins to win PTC9 14/1 Skybet (1/4 1-4) John Higgins has yet to really get going this season but with the UK Championship and the Masters coming up this is an important time for him. Therefore I expect his practice to have stepped up a bit. He scored really well in the Premier League event on Thursday and I believe he'll go really well again in one of these events soon. He needs a big weekend somewhere to ensure he's in the finals of the PTC events and with the arena feel to this event there's no reason why it can't be this weekend so Higgins can be my main bet this weekend. 1pt ew S.Maguire to win PTC9 28/1 Skybet (1/4 1-4) Stephen Maguire hasn't achieved what he should achieve in these PTCs yet and the consensus is that is because he's been a slagger of them. He's accused himself of being whored to play in these which is a bit extreme but even despite his disgust he's still made the last 16 a couple of times. Someone of his ability should be capable of doing better than that though and again with an important part of the season approaching I think we're more likely to see his A game soon. This weekend is an expensive one for the players so Maguire may well look for a tilt at the title to get those expenses back. I'll have a speculative small punt on Maguire this weekend. 1pt ew M.Gould to win PTC9 40/1 Skybet (1/4 1-4) Martin Gould is a more than capable player as we saw in these tournaments last year when he made the overall final of them before he lost to Shaun Murphy. He hasn't gone overly well in them this season but there's been signs in the last couple of events that his form might just be picking up having made the last 16 of 2 of the last 4 PTC events and losing to O'Sullivan in another. With qualification secured for the upcoming UK Championships and The Masters this is a big time for Gould and one which he may well begin with a good run in a PTC event here. 0.5pts P.Lines to win PTC9 150/1 Skybet (1/4 1-4) The UK Championship qualifiers were held during the week and one man who came through them successfully was Peter Lines so he may well be riding the crest of a wave at the minute. He beat Ken Doherty in the final qualifying round on Wednesday and the way he won it will have given him a real buzz edging the Dubliner out 6-5. Lines has a win over Ronnie O'Sullivan in a PTC event this season so he can clearly play and if he takes the form he had during the week to Antwerp with him then he could well be a runner at a rather large price this weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Snooker: PTC Events Cheers mate. Been annoying so far but still time to land the big one hoping with this week. PTC10 begins on Monday morning. After Gould's semi final spot in PTC9 I'm -1.67 overall now. I'm going with 4 outright in PTC10 as always but I'm going to cover them all in one write up because I've looked through this thread and I say the same thing for all the players I back :lol. Now that we're 3/4 of the way through the PTC season we are starting to get an indication of who needs what to make the top 24 at the end of the 12 events and qualification into the Grand Finals. All four of these players are in good form, they've all got draws which I like the look of in terms of progression and they all either need money to qualify or are playing with freedom having qualified in the case of Dott and Robertson. All four men have showed form in the month of November and given that this is one of those PTC's with no crowd or anything I'm kind of going for the theory that the really big players won't care much for it especially with the UK Championship coming up this weekend. I'll make an exception for Neil Robertson who is well known to prefer match practice to normal practice so he might see this as an opportunity to go well this week. Assuming I'm right about the motivation of the top names I wouldn't be at all surprised if some of the players just below the elite top level feature prominently this week and have selected accordingly so my bets for PTC10 are: (all 1/4 odds for the first 4). 1.5pts ew N.Robertson to win PTC10 12/1 Skybet 1pt ew G.Dott to win PTC10 28/1 Sportingbet 1pt ew R.Walden to win PTC10 66/1 Apollo Bet 0.5pts ew M.Dunn to win PTC10 150/1 Skybet

Re: Snooker: PTC Events Robertson is through to finals day. Dunn is out. Other two play today. Going to have 3 match bets these first two begin at 1pm. 4pts J.Jones to beat D.Dale 11/10 Sportingbet After 9 PTC events we know who is up for them and who isn't now and Jamie Jones is having a wonderful season and looks like he'll make the grand finals. Dominic Dale is having a poor PTC season and that form carried over to the German Masters qualifiers last week when he lost to the lowly ranked Paul Davison. Jamie Jones is certainly someone we are going to hear a lot more of in the future but he's going fairly well now and with Dale's form at a lower level than perhaps he'd like I'll take the progressive young Welshman to the experienced one. 3pts L.Yan to beat M.Williams 5/2 Apollo Bet Mark Williams' form in the PTC's this year has been awful. So far he hasn't made it past the second round of any tournament and I'm not sure he'll even make it that far here. Li Yan beat him in the opening PTC of the season and he looks in good enough form to trouble the Welshman again here. Players like Williams struggle for motivation in these PTC's which have no crowd in the venue and you get the feeling he turns up and goes through the motions. I believe he's had some kind of foot injury which has detracted from the amount of practice he's done too so he looks ripe for an upset here. Li Yan qualified for this weekend's UK Championship so he comes into this event with his spirits high and given how Williams' record in these events this season is so poor I think the Chinese youngster looks a touch of value in this match.

Re: Snooker: PTC Events And this one is a 3pm start. 4pts P.Ebdon to beat J.White 4/5 Paddy Power Peter Ebdon beat Jimmy White in the German Masters qualifying last week and I see no reason why he won't do it again. As I mentioned in that match Jimmy White seems to be able to take care of the younger, lesser ranked players than him these days but when he comes up against the top players in the game he lacks that extra fizz to be competitive. We've seen that in the Premier League and in the majority of his matches against the top players this season. Peter Ebdon remains a top player even though his ranking has slipped a bit over the last 12 months or so. He remains a solid scorer and still wins more than a fair share of the scrappy frames and I just think that like he did on Friday, he'll have too much for the Whirlwind this afternoon.

• 3 weeks later...

Re: Snooker: PTC Events That last PTC event couldn't have been anymore annoying if it had tried. Jones and Yan both led their matches 3-1 and lost 4-3 and despite having 3 men through to finals day they all lost in the last 16 so a horrible but seriously unlucky event has put me down to -20.67pts overall now. Due to a bit of a cock up with the venue for PTC12 there is only enough place to play the last 16 of the tournament out in Munich so the first two days of the event are being played in Sheffield over the next couple of days before PTC11 is played out as normal starting from Saturday. With the final of PTC12 not until January I don't really want my money tied up for a month so I will go without outrights for this tournament and keep my eye on the matches across Thursday and Friday and then attack PTC11 with outrights and match bets as usual.

• 4 weeks later...

Re: Snooker: PTC Events The finals of PTC12 begin on Friday with the 16 players still in travelling out to Munich to play out the rest of the tournament over the weekend. There's only one table so all the matches will be streamed or on Eurosport. I'll take one match bet and one outright to begin with. 2pts S.Maguire to win PTC12 5/1 Sportingbet I quite liked how Stephen Maguire played in the UK Championship and he was unlucky to run into the best of Judd Trump when they met in their quarter final but Maguire had beaten John Higgins on the way to that stage so he is playing well. He could have more motivation than a lot of players this week as he hasn't yet earned his spot in the top 24 to make it through to the finals of the PTC's in March. With the guaranteed income that comes from that tournament it's something I'm sure Maguire will look to get into so he will need a good weekend here. He's in the bottom half of the draw which is the half of the draw to be in and he should make it at least to the quarter finals if not a lot further. Given how well he's playing and with preparation for the Masters to come from a good weekend here I'll take the Scot at 5/1. 4pts M.Holt to beat M.Campbell 10/11 William Hill I like Michael Holt here. He won PTC10 at the end of November where he beat Mark Selby and John Higgins along the way and he has qualified for the latter stages of this tournament so he's very much a man with a bit of belief and some confidence behind him these days. Marcus Campbell hasn't had the worst season in the world but most of his better tournament results came in the early part of the season and he certainly doesn't arrive in Germany in the form that his opponent is in here. Michael Holt is never really one to trust but there have been signs this season that he's been enjoying playing more snooker and the penny might have dropped that he could actually do some damage in this game. With him being in the form he is in I will take the Nottingham man to make it into the quarter finals of another PTC tournament here.

Re: Snooker: PTC Events Holt won a deciding frame to get the event off to a good start for me. One more for later today. 4pts M.Fu to beat S.Hendry 10/11 Skybet Marco Fu had a slow start to the season which affected his ranking but in the last month or two there have been signs that he's coming back into good form. He played some really good snooker in the UK Championship last month and was unlucky to lose a deciding frame in his quarter final against Mark Allen. Stephen Hendry's fall from grace has been well documented and while he dished up a couple of times against Stephen Maguire in the UK Championship his safety was nowhere near the sufficient standard and his long game looks a pale shadow of the one which dominated the game during the 90's. Fu often comes good at this time in the season as we saw in 2011 when he made the Masters final and although he has no Masters to play for he can still win this event and I think that will start with a win over Hendry on the opening evening.

Re: Snooker: PTC Events PTC 12 16:00 Hendry S. - Maguire S. - Maguire S. @ 1.64 pinnacle Well Hendry scraped his way into semis of PTC 12 toruniments, FU gave him the match with his mistakes and yeasterda Hold just got scared in my option and experiance won! Maguire lookd awesome in two matches till now watced boath matches and I say this with self confidence! Maguire 2-0 h2h this year over Hendry, 2 easy wins 6-3 UK and 4-2 Welsh Open!

Re: Snooker: PTC Events Good call with that one dabic. Maguire won the tournament while I was 1/2 for the match bets so I picked up +9.64pts from PTC12 and end the regular PTC series -11.03 overall. Could've been more if some of the outrights had gone one step further but I seemed to have an annoying habit of picking the right man a tournament early :eyes.