** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Germany 3rd league 2011/2012

Sandhausen(-0.5, 2.03 sbobet) - Darmstadt Sandhausen with almost the same squad like last year when they were considered as a promotion candidate. This season their odds didn´t suggest the same, two home matches against poor sides like Aalen and promoted Darmstadt and both times the odds for home win are around 2.0 or even a bit above. Cannot understand it. Sandhausen weren´t able to create many chances against defensive-minded Aalen but managed to score twice after set pieces and against Offenbach they were equal. Darmstadt were the better side against Osnabrück but failed to score, against Aalen they were dominated by their opponents in the first 15 minutes but then scored with the first shot. Afterwards they were the better side but weren´t able to extent their lead and conceded the equalizer in the last seconds. It shows their problems, they don´t have a good offence and they don´t have the "killer-instinct" to get the points they maybe deserve and this is important in football. Sandhausen has the better players, the experience and also the better results and performances. Don´t know why a promotion candidate gets such high odds against a promoted team without big names. Heidenheim(-0.5, 2.11 188bet) - Chemnitz Actually the same situation like in Sandhausen, a promotion candidate facing a promoted team. Chemnitz weren´t that bad against Saarbrücken(1-1) but showed problems against Münster(1-2). It is obvious that their defence isn´t working perfect and that their strikers need many chances to score. Heidenheim is quite the opposite even if their topscorer left the club they are still able to score and also playing an actractive style. They won against Bremen in the cup and could have won much higher actually. The first halfs against Offenbach and Haching weren´t convincing but they have so many dangerous offensive players that they can score at any time and I can hardly see Chemnitz to avoid them from scoring. Chemnitz will play defensivly and won´t give Heidenheim as many space as they did against Münster but Heidenheim has more creativity than the most other teams and won 9 out of their last 14 home games and I doubt that Chemnitz is an over average opponent. So for me odds around 2.0 aren´t justified and have to be played. Münster - Oberhausen Münster improved their squad and should be able to finish in the middle of the table. However their first homegame against Haching wasn´t convincing at all but Haching proved their good shape in the Cup against Freiburg when they won. Against Chemnitz Münster showed a great performance and won deservedly and showed that they can play an attractive style of play. Oberhausen is difficult to rate, they were almost equal against Burghausen but Burghausen don´t seem to be great in the moment. Oberhausen played great in the Cup against Augsburg and in midweek they drew against Saarbrücken in a match with many scoring opportunities in which both sides could have won. All in all I am not sure which side will be the better one today but I think the Over 2.5 (2.05 sbobet) is interesting. RWO wanna win against a promoted team and Münster want to continue to their performance against Chemnitz. Münsters defence wasn´t the best against Haching and RWO has good attackers like Kullmann, Brown Forbes or Terranova but they also conceded three goals against Burghausen. Bielefeld - Aalen Odds on Bielefeld look quite nice but Bielefeld is without both of their central defenders and has some missing in the midfield, too. They lost against Stuttgart in first match, defended very well against Osnabrück in the derby but against Aalen they have to make the game. Aalen isn´t great yet but showed against Sandhausen that they are able to defend, they only conceded goals through set pieces. Aalen have problems away from home(only 3 wins last season) and also don´t have great fire power in offence but I expect them to defend and try to exploit the important missings on the homeside through counter attacks. I am not sure if Bielefeld can compensate their missings well enough to justify a bet on the hosts. Burghausen - Babelsberg Burghausen with a poor performace against Jena(0-1) and Jena was really poor last night against Saarbrücken even if they only lost 1-2. Babelsberg quite surprisingly good so far for me after their important leavings due to financial problems. But still far away from being a top team. Babelsberg always play very defensive-minded away from home and today important striker Stroh-Engel will be out. Under 2.5 (1.85 sbobet) doens´t look so bad. Wehen - Osnabrück Wehen is the big favorite for promotion but isn´t convincing yet. They beat Bremen 2-1 but this was more lucky than deserved and Bremen was trashed by Regensburg 4-1 this tuesday. Against Stuttgart they were the better side but got two red cards and were lucky to get a goalless draw. Today two defenders are suspended (Nagy, Mann), one regular defender still injured(Lanzaat) and last years chief of defense (Schönheim) went to Mainz this sommer. So they have to deal with defensive problems and the new defenders cannot really know eachother well enough to work perfectly. Osnabrück got a lucky win against Darmstadt and showed a lack of creativity against Bielefeld when they were unable to create many chances, in the end they scored the lead but conceded the equalizer even if they had a two man advantage on the pitch. So both sides not in their best shape yet, difficult to make a choice here but I actually prefer Wehen at these odds. The over 2.5(2.05, sbo) looks nice, both sides still with defensive problems and even if both sides didn´t score many goals yet it will be enough offensive quality on the pitch. Regensburg - Stuttgart II Regensburg with 4 points and solid performances even if almost all regulars left the club. Last year they only won three home matches because of their problems to convert chances into goals. It was the same against Babelsberg in the first match when they only got a draw but then scored 4 times at Bremen. Stuttgart snatched three points at Bielefeld and it looks like they won´t have to fight against relegation this year but their draw against Wehen with a two man advantage showed that they still have problems in offence. Regensburg still with many injured players but they dealt with this situation quite well already. Odds on Regensburg dropped already and I won´t have a bet at the current odds. According to the homepage of VfB all players are available, no players are in the squad of the first team. Offenbach - Unterhaching To be honest I had a bet against Haching in all three matches now and they never lost. They are doing really well even if the bookies and the market didn´t trust them. Offenbach not as strong at last year but with solid performances, dominating against Heidenheim but lost due to two late goals. Against Sandhausen they weren´t much better but used their chances and new signing Testroet seems to be able to replace topscorer Occean. Offenbach should be favorite especially at home and they showed two good performances against two teams which I expect to finish in the first third of the table but Haching is doing quite well two, eliminated Freiburg in the Cup and therefore I don´t see value on any side here.