** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Italy - Super Cup - 6 August

Re: Italy - Super Cup - 6 August I had a truly dire day yesterday ending in -10 points. So I had to think carefully about this match - but I feel quite strongly on how I see this panning out. This is essentially a glorified friendly. It takes place in China ffs. It is however a 'derby' so that should stop it from being a complete waste of time. I don't like anything 1X2 on this match - although I do think it is advantage Milan for the match. The main reason for my lean toward them is that they are settled and familiar while Inter are in tactical limbo. Milan should be like this: 4-3-1-2: Abbiati; Abate, Nesta, Silva, Antonini; Seedorf, MvB, Gattuso; KPB; Iba, Robinho There are some possible changes to the above - Zambrotta for Antonini // Flamini for 'dorf // Robinho for KPB // Cassano/Pato for Robinho. Every single player is settled in that formation although slight personnel changes do affect how good Milan play. Inter should be like this: 3-4-3: JC; Chivu, Samuel, Rannochia; Santon, Motta, Sneijder, Zanetti; Eto'o, Pazzini, Pandev There are some very big problems with that formation and those players (IMO): - Chivu:cry - 'Wingers' are very important going forward. Santon and Zanetti will not do what is required for this formation. - The CM's played very deep in the matches I have seen. As a pair Motta and Sneijder are not good defensively and Sneijder needs to be further forward in order to have an impact. So IMO that team selection with this formation means as an attacking force Inter are greatly affected. With proper wingers they'd be better but I think the forward 3 could become very isolated. All this means Eto'o must once more get his box of miracles out and get ready to fling them about. Abate should be able to compete with Eto'o quite well and Santon wont add too much trouble to his flank. Antonini should be able to deal with Pandev and anything Zanetti can add. I don't think either will have any luck going forward though as Santon/Zanetti will deal with them also. The midfield will be very conjested and Milan's band of steel is very hard to break down. MVB will try to boss in general, while Sneijder can probably expect some special treatment. Going forward Milan have never been free-flowing because they don't have a proper ACM. Inter and adjusting to a back 3 but a lack of width from Milan should help them cope generally. If this were a truly competitive match I'd possibly go with Milan, but it isn't. It's another friendly. Both teams are not yet at full fitness so minutes in legs will come into play. Also the weather in Beijing is hot and humid which should neutralise any chance of competitiveness. I think Nesta may well be hoping to just make it through the match. In light of how I see these teams matching up I am going for. Under 1.5 goals - 3.10 - 4 points - Bet365 CS - 0-0 - 9.00 - 0.5 points - Bet365 I certainly wouldn't deter anyone of the extra cover contained within under 2.5 (1.72), but I just prefer not to take such short odds on the market.

Re: Italy - Super Cup - 6 August Milan - Inter: Over 2.5 goals @ 2.10 (Betfred) 10/10 This is a derby match between the two best Italian teams. The match is being played in China. I think we could get a pretty open match here. Yes, both teams would like to win, but a loss won't be that big of a deal so playing it tight so as not to lose is probably irrelevant. Furthermore, The players may look to entertain the Chinese fans and both sides will be pushing for goals. Milan and Inter have played to 6 over 2.5 goals in their 10 most recent matches.

Re: Italy - Super Cup - 6 August An interesting match so far. Inter have played well overall, but in their revised 3-5-1-1 formation they are struggling to create attacking chances. Milan have had the best two chances but have struggled in general aspects of their game. A blinding Sneijder free-kick is what has put me on edge.

Re: Italy - Super Cup - 6 August Crap game so far. My money was on Milan before the match 1x2 2.40. I think i might have to wave bye bye to the bet. Both teams look very tired and gasping for air. Although milan ended the half better, if pato comes on he could add something to their offense. If Allegri had some balls he would put on pato for gattuso and move boetang down a bit. Thats what i would do ...! :) but im no coach. Lets see if they can turn it around, it will take something special.

Re: Italy - Super Cup - 6 August I'm a little disappointed to be honest. 3 individual moments, brilliance from Sneijder and Pato, and a dumb one from Stankovic each led to a goal. It's a bit of a free for all now it's 2-1. Anyway enough whining - its another loss. -4.5 points.

Re: Italy - Super Cup - 6 August

Milan - Inter: Over 2.5 goals @ 2.10 (Betfred) 10/10 This is a derby match between the two best Italian teams. The match is being played in China. I think we could get a pretty open match here. Yes, both teams would like to win, but a loss won't be that big of a deal so playing it tight so as not to lose is probably irrelevant. Furthermore, The players may look to entertain the Chinese fans and both sides will be pushing for goals. Milan and Inter have played to 6 over 2.5 goals in their 10 most recent matches.
This went okay...!:clap