** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Cricket: Sri Lanka vs Australia - T20 internationals & ODI Series

kevshat

Re: Cricket: Sri Lanka vs Australia - T20 internationals & ODI Series

Sport Cricket
Event Sri Lanka v Australia 3rd ODI
Selection Under 49.5 Boundaries
Strength 5/10
Date 16/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price William Hill @ 1.83
Reasoning In the 1st T20I, 2nd T20I, 1st ODI and 2nd ODI there were 47, 37, 45 and 36 boundaries respectively. The boundaries at the Hambantota are bigger than that at Pallekele. You can see that the number of boundaries at Hambantota (i.e. 2nd ODI) was only 36. If the number runs scored by Sri Lanka can be limited like they have been in the past two matches and also if they bat first, I see this line holding up. Slightly risky bet, but I see some value in backing it with medium-ish stakes.

Re: Cricket: Sri Lanka vs Australia - T20 internationals & ODI Series Didn't see any of the last ODI but from what I've read it seemed pretty dour from the Sri Lankans. -4.00 for the second ODI. - 4pts Australia Sixes: Over 3.5 @ 11/10 [Ladbrokes] It's not going to be long before Sri Lanka find their batting groove again and that is what is stopping me from taking the 'Most sixes' bet as often as I thought I would. I was actually going to pull the plug on this in the last ODI but I held back and went for the other option. Sixes will come automatically for Australia with the amount of spin they'll face and with the potential they have in their squad to clear the ropes, I am more than confident that they'll clear this more often than not. I was skeptical of Ponting and Clarke's ability to hit sixes with Clarke very much being a one's and two's type of batsman but the form that these two have shown in the last two matches has persuaded me to take this on. Anything short early up from Kulasekera will see that white cherry fly to mid-wicket from Watson's blade and any more will see half of this total covered. There will be plenty of loose balls that will come from Herath, Lakmal, Mendis and co to see four sixes in the Australian innings so I'll play at overs here definitely. - 3pts Australia Extras: Under 14.5 @ 5/6 [Ladbrokes] Always a risky game to go unders on an Australia extras bet with the pace that they can serve up but I think this line is abit high. They've actually only conceded 15 extras in the two matches they've played so far and on these slow wickets that don't really offer much bounce and seam movement I think they can continue to be tight on the gimme's. So far Sri Lanka haven't reached 40 overs in any of their innings which obviously helps this bet and if they don't sort that out, this should sail in. To suggest they'll double their accumulative extras tally in one match is a bit ambitious so I'll play unders here with a tentative stake.

- 3pts Australia Extras: Under 14.5 @ 5/6 [Ladbrokes] Always a risky game to go unders on an Australia extras bet with the pace that they can serve up but I think this line is abit high. They've actually only conceded 15 extras in the two matches they've played so far and on these slow wickets that don't really offer much bounce and seam movement I think they can continue to be tight on the gimme's. So far Sri Lanka haven't reached 40 overs in any of their innings which obviously helps this bet and if they don't sort that out, this should sail in. To suggest they'll double their accumulative extras tally in one match is a bit ambitious so I'll play unders here with a tentative stake.
I've been caught out with this bet before mate. The bet you've taken isn't how many extras Australia concede, it's how many they get credited with when they bat. If anything it's better for you anyway barring a Malinga brain explosion but thought I'd point it out as I've been caught out before. Nothing for me in this match. Can't find anything which really takes my eye in this one. I might assess the game at half time and see if something pops up but if not I'll just hope Sri Lanka can win to keep the series bet alive and hope Watson can put in a biggie to help the series batsman bet.

I've been caught out with this bet before mate. The bet you've taken isn't how many extras Australia concede' date=' it's how many they get credited with when they bat. If anything it's better for you anyway barring a Malinga brain explosion but thought I'd point it out as I've been caught out before. [/quote'] Fxck you're right. I remember there was a long talk about this at the World Cup, I can't believe I didn't remember. Hopefully Malinga's radar is on point tomorrow, thanks.

SportCricket
EventSri Lanka v Australia 3rd ODI
SelectionMost Sixes - Australia
Strength10/10
Date16/08/2011
Bookmaker/PriceCoral @ 1.80
ReasoningDo not know what else to add to what I have said before. In the 2 T20 matches as well as in the 2 ODI matches and in all 4 of these matches, the most sixes bet has been won by Australia. Australia has players such as Watson, Clarke, Ponting and more who are capable of hitting sixes. Happy to be backing this bet with another maximum stake.
I'm following you on this bet and can't actually add any further input. As you've already pointed out, Australia are dominating the sixes game and they have the right type of players to continue doing so. Australia Most Sixes - 1.70 Sportsbet Australia to Win - 1.75 Sportsbet

Sport Cricket
Event Sri Lanka v Australia 3rd ODI
Selection Australia
Strength 5/10
Date 16/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Skybet @ 1.80
Reasoning Last one for me in this ODI. Sri Lanka have been far from impressive in the two ODI matches so far. They have struggled to make the conversion from T20 to ODI and as a result have lost the last two ODIs by some big margins. I do not see how they can suddenly recover to put in a performance that will better Austrlia's. Even though winning this 3rd ODI is crucial for Sri Lanka in order to have any hope of winning the ODI series, I feel that Australia will dominate like they have done in the past 2 ODIs again. Backing Australia to win with medium stakes.

Re: Cricket: Sri Lanka vs Australia - T20 internationals & ODI Series Have to agree with most of the things said on here. Also, with Matthews out for SL, it really weakens their middle order. I feel without Matthews, SL will struggle after their top 4 batsmen.

Re: Cricket: Sri Lanka vs Australia - T20 internationals & ODI Series 3pts Australia to win 3rd ODI 9/4 Skybet Sri Lanka have posted 286/9 but that's a good 30 short of where they would have been looking to end up before the completely ballsed up the batting powerplay and with it most of the last 10 overs. It's still a challenging score but this Sri Lankan bowling attack lacks a genuine spinner which I'd have liked and as long as the Aussies see off the Malinga spell relatively unharmed then they can make their scoring against the likes of Eranga and the part time spinners. The wicket has played fine despite the concerns early on and with the outfield running reasonably quick I expect Australia to go very close to chasing this down. I'd make them 5/4 to chase this down so the 9/4 looks well worth a bet.

Re: Cricket: Sri Lanka vs Australia - T20 internationals & ODI Series Most Sixes - Australia @ 1.83 10/10 :wall Under 49.5 Boundaries @ 1.83 5/10 :nana Australia to win @ 1.80 5/10 :wall Chose the wrong day to back Australia. Pity the openers of Australia got out before they had a proper chance to bat and to have a chance of bringing the sixes match bet in. Profit on the day: -10.85pts Overall thread profit: 24.75pts

Re: Cricket: Sri Lanka vs Australia - T20 internationals & ODI Series Sport Cricket Event Sri Lanka vs Australia 4th ODI Selection Total 6's - Over 4.5 Strength 8/10 Date 20/08/2011 Bookmaker/Price Skybet @ 1.83 Reasoning I feel this line is a tad low given how many 6's have been hit on this ground in the past. Most sixes hit by a player in an innnings in an ODI is 4 whereas the most number of sixes hit by a player in a T20 match is 3. Given how Australia have been raking in the 6's and how Sri Lankan players are no mucks when it comes to hitting 6's, I feel that this line has a good chance of coming in. Sport Cricket Event Sri Lanka vs Australia 4th ODI Selection Most Sixes - Australia Strength 10/10 Date 20/08/2011 Bookmaker/Price Stan James @ 1.90 Reasoning I have backed this everytime these two have played and despite they lost this bet in the 3rd ODI, I am happy to be backing this again. I do not think that its possible for the Australian openers to slump like they did in the 3rd ODI, well with the exception of Haddin who lets be honest has been in dire form. Hoping both Ponting and Watson to show up today and not to fall cheaply. Sport Cricket Event Sri Lanka vs Australia 4th ODI Selection Highest 1st 15 Overs - Australia Strength 10/10 Date 20/08/2011 Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 1.90 Reasoning Despite Australia losing their openers really early on in the 3rd ODI, they still managed to score the highest 1st 15 overs albeit by one run. Basically I feel Sri Lanka take time to get into their rhythm and to settle in whereas Australia get on with it right from the start. I feel that this bet has a great chance of coming in with the likes of Watson and Ponting in the starting 3 for Australia. Sport Cricket Event Sri Lanka vs Australia 4th ODI Selection Fall of 1st Sri Lankan Wicket - Over 30.5 Strength 10/10 Date 20/08/2011 Bookmaker/Price Ladbrokes @ 1.83 Reasoning If I am not mistaken, Sri Lanka's 1st wicket fell after this line in all 3 ODI matches. 139 in the 3rd ODI, 37 in the 2nd ODI, 54 in the 1st ODI. Hitting this bet with max stakes.

Total 6's - Over 4.5 @ 1.83 8/10 :@ Most Sixes - Australia @ 1.90 10/10 :nana Highest 1st 15 Overs - Australia @ 1.90 10/10 :wall:wall:wall Fall of 1st Sri Lankan Wicket - Over 30.5 @ 1.83 10/10 :@
Sighs, both Sri Lanka and Australia tied on Highest 1st 15 Overs at 59/2. Pretty dire performance on my part today and well from Sri Lanka as well. Should have stayed away from this ODI like the rest of you guys. Profit on the day: -19pts :$ Overall thread profit: 5.75pts

Re: Cricket: Sri Lanka vs Australia - T20 internationals & ODI Series Bad luck sliz. Nothing for me tomorrow. I'm not a huge dead rubber punter in a series I've got to grips with let alone in one I haven't. Might have a watch and see if anything develops but if not I'll just hope Watson can overcome his 66 run deficit to win the top Aussie bat bet.

Re: Cricket: Sri Lanka vs Australia - T20 internationals & ODI Series Will end up with basically no profit if Watson doesn't overhaul his 66 run deficit which I doubt he can pull off with the earlier wickets he has been getting himself out with. Gonna take a few to see if I can make some decent-ish profit overall in this thread. 7pts Total 6's - Under 5.5 @ 1.83 hills In the 4th ODI there was a total of only one 6. I watched the match and was slightly suprised by the number of 6's hit on this ground. To be honest I expected a lot more. If Sri Lanka do get out early like they did before for about 150 runs, we can expect to see the number of sixes bet come in with ease. I have a feeling that even if Sri Lanka were to post up a decent total, I think that this line should hold. 7pts Under 15.5 Wides @ 1.83 hills Another bet I like the look of. Granted both sides did not get the chance to bat the maximum 50 overs each, there were only a total of 6 wides bowled in the total of 66 overs bowled. I think this line is a touch high and I am happy to be on the unders. 8pts Most Sixes - Australia @ 1.95 StanJames 2pts Most Sixes - Draw @ 6.00 hills This most sixes bet has come in 3 out of the 4 ODIs and 2 out of the 2 T20Is. This bet is slightly riskier I would think given the number of 6's hit in the same grounds in the 4th ODI but I am happy to be backing this with some draw cover. 5pts Highest 1st 15 Overs - Australia @ 1.80 hills 0.5pt Highest 1st 15 Overs - Draw @ 34.00 hills A bit pissed off with this bet last time around, only for it to have been scored as a draw. With some added cover and same reasoning as before, I will be taking this bet. P.S. Sorry for the late bets, just woke up to place them :$

7pts Total 6's - Under 5.5 @ 1.83 hills :nana 7pts Under 15.5 Wides @ 1.83 hills :@ 8pts Most Sixes - Australia @ 1.95 StanJames :nana 2pts Most Sixes - Draw @ 6.00 hills :\ 5pts Highest 1st 15 Overs - Australia @ 1.80 hills :@ 0.5pt Highest 1st 15 Overs - Draw @ 34.00 hills :\
15 extras in 12 overs... Bloody jokes these Aussies..:loon Profit on the day: -1.09 pts Overall thread profit: -0.34pts (after the deduction of the S Watson top Batsman bet)

Re: Cricket: Sri Lanka vs Australia - T20 internationals & ODI Series No joy with Watson for me so a poor series ends -18.36. Couldn't really get a lot going and lost interest half way through with county cricket becoming a bigger priority. Well done to all with winners and profit from this series :clap.

Re: Cricket: Sri Lanka vs Australia - T20 internationals & ODI Series With Sri Lanka not really turning up this series I end in a pretty horrible position with such a heavy outright on them. Some where around the -12.00 mark. Minor.