** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

SPL 6th and 7th August

Saturday 6 August 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Dundee United v St Mirren (15:00 BST) 1.8 3.65 5 102.95 %
maximize.gif Dunfermline Athletic v Inverness Caledonian Thistle (15:00 BST) 2.68 3.3 2.87 102.40 %
Sunday 7 August 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Aberdeen v Celtic (12:15 BST) 10 5.5 1.36 101.52 %
maximize.gif Motherwell v Hearts (15:00 BST) 2.75 3.4 2.8 101.49 %
My main weekend bet will be Motherwell at 8/5 with bet365. Few reasons are follows 1) Motherwell very good passing team at home and have a cutting edge at Fir park. 2) Hearts unexpectedly saked Jim Jeffries mid week. 3) Backroom staff are currently being assessed. 4) Hearts play on Thursday night in difficult Europa league tie, chances this could go to extra time. 5) New Hearts manager announced and will trial his own system. DNB may be safe option... 5/6 offered on bet366 8/10 potential

Re: SPL 6th and 7th August Two to keep me occupied this weekend. I'm sticking with the small stakes at least until this "opt-out" period is over and league gets into full swing. Dunfermline v Inverness CT: Inverness CT (OAH) @ 1.917 with Pinnacle (3/10) Been over this one in my head a thousand times the last few days, and I think it's worth a play. Dunfermline's return to the SPL saw them graft to a 0-0 draw against St Mirren, who fluffed their lines and should have won comfortably. The Pars' approach to the game was horrible. They bypassed their midfield as if it didn't exist and only looked like scoring when Martin Hardie was standing over a free-kick. Caley are putting a new side together, and last week were given the Terry Butcher treatment for the first time, when he slaughtered them at the break during their game with Hibs. But, generally, his men put in a decent performance (despite going down 1-0) and Butcher said after the match that his players were already champing at the bit to get back into action. He's had another full week to work with them and get across his message. ICT have a tremendous away record, and if they can replicate that system with new personnel, then these are the types of games they'll win more often than not. The problem is where the goals will come from, but through the likes of Johnny Hayes, Richie Foran and Gregory Tade (who has added incentive to do well having signed from Dunfermline's local rivals Raith), they will create opportunities. It probably will be tight and won't be very pretty, but for me Caley are slightly more likely to edge it. Aberdeen v Celtic: Over 2.75 goals @ 1.87 with Pinnacle (3/10) I did weigh up taking Celtic on the handicap, but I feel this is the safer bet while they're still tinkering with their goalkeeper and backline. Over the last ten years, the managers have changed, the players have changed a thousand times over, but one thing remains; Aberdeen live in fear of Celtic. There's just something about this game. Celtic always seem to hit top form, while the Dons collapse like a cheap table. Aberdeen have an illustrious history and the economic wealth of the city suggests they could compete with the Old Firm. For whatever reason, none of that oil cash reaches the football club's coffers. Craig Brown is building a side, and it's very much a work in progress. They were torn a new hole by St Mirren last week, and a more clinical side would have put the game out of sight. Celtic, meanwhile, have goals everywhere. Stokes and Hooper relished playing against the Dons last season, while Commons also used the meetings to boost his goal tally. In all, Celtic scored 21 goals against Aberdeen last season, conceding one. Neil Lennon's men aren't quite watertight, and you'd expect Aberdeen to carve out a sniff or two. Thing is, if they take one, Celtic might just go up the park and smash the living daylights out of them. Good luck if you play :ok

Re: SPL 6th and 7th August Dundee United v St Mirren - (Asian Total Corners) Over 10.5 Corners @ 1.85 - B365 6pts Decent sized bet for this pick. They both averaged around the 10-12 corner mark last season but both have had numerous switches in terms of players. St Mirren have strengthend their attacking options with Hasselbaink providing pace. St Mirren played vs Dunfermline away (9-2 on corners to St Mirren) and they beat Aberdeen 7-2 on the corner count at home. Dundee United's two SPL games have seen 23 and 15 corners; even their home leg vs Slask saw Dundee United win 7-5 on corners. Hasselbaink's pace and Teale's crossing win the Saints a fair few corners and Dundee United obviously win their share. This line should be covered with a few to spare if all goes to plan.

Re: SPL 6th and 7th August

Two to keep me occupied this weekend. I'm sticking with the small stakes at least until this "opt-out" period is over and league gets into full swing. Dunfermline v Inverness CT: Inverness CT (OAH) @ 1.917 with Pinnacle (3/10) Been over this one in my head a thousand times the last few days, and I think it's worth a play. Dunfermline's return to the SPL saw them graft to a 0-0 draw against St Mirren, who fluffed their lines and should have won comfortably. The Pars' approach to the game was horrible. They bypassed their midfield as if it didn't exist and only looked like scoring when Martin Hardie was standing over a free-kick. Caley are putting a new side together, and last week were given the Terry Butcher treatment for the first time, when he slaughtered them at the break during their game with Hibs. But, generally, his men put in a decent performance (despite going down 1-0) and Butcher said after the match that his players were already champing at the bit to get back into action. He's had another full week to work with them and get across his message. ICT have a tremendous away record, and if they can replicate that system with new personnel, then these are the types of games they'll win more often than not. The problem is where the goals will come from, but through the likes of Johnny Hayes, Richie Foran and Gregory Tade (who has added incentive to do well having signed from Dunfermline's local rivals Raith), they will create opportunities. It probably will be tight and won't be very pretty, but for me Caley are slightly more likely to edge it. Aberdeen v Celtic: Over 2.75 goals @ 1.87 with Pinnacle (3/10) I did weigh up taking Celtic on the handicap, but I feel this is the safer bet while they're still tinkering with their goalkeeper and backline. Over the last ten years, the managers have changed, the players have changed a thousand times over, but one thing remains; Aberdeen live in fear of Celtic. There's just something about this game. Celtic always seem to hit top form, while the Dons collapse like a cheap table. Aberdeen have an illustrious history and the economic wealth of the city suggests they could compete with the Old Firm. For whatever reason, none of that oil cash reaches the football club's coffers. Craig Brown is building a side, and it's very much a work in progress. They were torn a new hole by St Mirren last week, and a more clinical side would have put the game out of sight. Celtic, meanwhile, have goals everywhere. Stokes and Hooper relished playing against the Dons last season, while Commons also used the meetings to boost his goal tally. In all, Celtic scored 21 goals against Aberdeen last season, conceding one. Neil Lennon's men aren't quite watertight, and you'd expect Aberdeen to carve out a sniff or two. Thing is, if they take one, Celtic might just go up the park and smash the living daylights out of them. Good luck if you play :ok
Great post mate and yes i too fancy the more street - wise Caley as opposed to a poor Dunfermline side, ICT's record away from home generally speaks for itself.

Re: SPL 6th and 7th August Dundee United - St. Mirren: St. Mirren +0.5 (AH) @ 2.12 (Pinnacle) 10/10 Both teams come into this match having started the season with similar results. Dundee Utd drew at home against Kilmarnock (1-1) and won at Hearts (0-1). St. Mirren did it in reverse by drawing at Dunfermline (0-0) and winning at home against Aberdeen. After being eliminated from the Europa Cup by Slask, Dundee Utd. appeared ready to stumble at the outset of the season. However, the results didn't confirm this. But the tight 1-1 and 0-1 results of the first 2 matches indicates that they are on the edge. The same applies to St. Mirren, but in the case of the guests the results are somewhat more positive given that they confirm an improvement from last season's 2nd to last place finish. Finally, the H2H of last season supports this bet (at Dundeed Utd: 1-2; at St. Mirren: 1-1). In the end, at this stage of the season, the difference between the teams is not as great to justify the short odds on offer for Dundee Utd and thus the AH +0.5 for St. Mirren is good value.

Re: SPL 6th and 7th August One I like today in the SPL. Dunerfermline V Inverness UNDER 2.5 goals @ 1.8 - BET365. Great value here as some bookies go as low as 1.57. Dunfermline are yet to score having played one fewer league game, while Inverness are yet to score from their two league fixtures. Additionally, eight out of the last ten head to heads here have gone under. I think chances will be at a premium here, and the odds represent terrific value.

Dundee United - St. Mirren: St. Mirren +0.5 (AH) @ 2.12 (Pinnacle) 10/10 Both teams come into this match having started the season with similar results. Dundee Utd drew at home against Kilmarnock (1-1) and won at Hearts (0-1). St. Mirren did it in reverse by drawing at Dunfermline (0-0) and winning at home against Aberdeen. After being eliminated from the Europa Cup by Slask, Dundee Utd. appeared ready to stumble at the outset of the season. However, the results didn't confirm this. But the tight 1-1 and 0-1 results of the first 2 matches indicates that they are on the edge. The same applies to St. Mirren, but in the case of the guests the results are somewhat more positive given that they confirm an improvement from last season's 2nd to last place finish. Finally, the H2H of last season supports this bet (at Dundeed Utd: 1-2; at St. Mirren: 1-1). In the end, at this stage of the season, the difference between the teams is not as great to justify the short odds on offer for Dundee Utd and thus the AH +0.5 for St. Mirren is good value.
St Mirren look good value on what I've seen and heard of both teams so far - I would have expected their odds to be shorter, so good value.

One I like today in the SPL. Dunerfermline V Inverness UNDER 2.5 goals @ 1.8 - BET365. Great value here as some bookies go as low as 1.57. Dunfermline are yet to score having played one fewer league game, while Inverness are yet to score from their two league fixtures. Additionally, eight out of the last ten head to heads here have gone under. I think chances will be at a premium here, and the odds represent terrific value.
Dead. Literally three shots on target all game :wall

Dundee United v St Mirren - (Asian Total Corners) Over 10.5 Corners @ 1.85 - B365 6pts Decent sized bet for this pick. They both averaged around the 10-12 corner mark last season but both have had numerous switches in terms of players. St Mirren have strengthend their attacking options with Hasselbaink providing pace. St Mirren played vs Dunfermline away (9-2 on corners to St Mirren) and they beat Aberdeen 7-2 on the corner count at home. Dundee United's two SPL games have seen 23 and 15 corners; even their home leg vs Slask saw Dundee United win 7-5 on corners. Hasselbaink's pace and Teale's crossing win the Saints a fair few corners and Dundee United obviously win their share. This line should be covered with a few to spare if all goes to plan.
9-1 - 1 short :wall Sending off didn't help. Luck wasn't with me today.

Dundee United - St. Mirren: St. Mirren +0.5 (AH) @ 2.12 (Pinnacle) 10/10 Both teams come into this match having started the season with similar results. Dundee Utd drew at home against Kilmarnock (1-1) and won at Hearts (0-1). St. Mirren did it in reverse by drawing at Dunfermline (0-0) and winning at home against Aberdeen. After being eliminated from the Europa Cup by Slask, Dundee Utd. appeared ready to stumble at the outset of the season. However, the results didn't confirm this. But the tight 1-1 and 0-1 results of the first 2 matches indicates that they are on the edge. The same applies to St. Mirren, but in the case of the guests the results are somewhat more positive given that they confirm an improvement from last season's 2nd to last place finish. Finally, the H2H of last season supports this bet (at Dundeed Utd: 1-2; at St. Mirren: 1-1). In the end, at this stage of the season, the difference between the teams is not as great to justify the short odds on offer for Dundee Utd and thus the AH +0.5 for St. Mirren is good value.
This went well.....:clap

Corners are pretty hard to predict though
About as hard as predicting a result I would say. If you know how the teams play i.e with wingers who head for the byline and cross instead of cutting in - they will win their team more corners. I'm quite confident this would have came in but the main man in corner winning (with his pace) got himself sent off.

Re: SPL 6th and 7th August Aberdeen v Celtic Celtic -1 @ evens 888Sport/BlueSq Celtic were rampant against Aberdeen last season with an aggregate score of 21-1 in five meetings. Celtic have managed to hold onto all their best players from last season despite much speculation while the Dons look weaker to me having lost best player Chris Maguire to Derby County. The Dons have had a poor start to the season and have yet to score drawing 0-0 against St Johnstone and then losing 1-0 at St Mirren. Its been a fortnight since Celtic played in the league and never really got out of second gear in dispatching Hibs 2-0. Celtic are almost at full strength with injuries only to Glenn Loovens (may be a good thing) and Mark Wilson and with the firepower of Hooper, Stokes & Commons I think Celtic will win the game comfortably against a side who couldn't cope with them last season.

Dunfermline v Inverness CT: Inverness CT (OAH) @ 1.917 with Pinnacle (3/10) Aberdeen v Celtic: Over 2.75 goals @ 1.87 with Pinnacle (3/10)
Dunfermline 3-3 Inverness CT - PUSH Aberdeen 0-1 Celtic - LOSS Poor show this week, but that's the first SPL loss this season so can't complain too much. Celtic played with a strange lethargy today and never looked like scoring more than one. Caley was disappointing as they led going into injury time, but such is football. See you next week. :ok

Dunfermline 3-3 Inverness CT - PUSH Aberdeen 0-1 Celtic - LOSS Poor show this week, but that's the first SPL loss this season so can't complain too much. Celtic played with a strange lethargy today and never looked like scoring more than one. Caley was disappointing as they led going into injury time, but such is football. See you next week. :ok
Don't know what it is, but overs and early kick-offs appear not to like each other in the SPL :\

Don't know what it is' date=' but overs and early kick-offs appear not to like each other in the SPL :\[/quote'] Indeed. It's generally been a goal-shy start to the season, with the exception of the Pars game yesterday. Could probably argue every side in the league is short of a striker, except St Mirren. Don't think those four friendlies over the last fortnight helped Celtic today; they'd switched back to holiday mode.