** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

NFL Fantasy

Crouch Potato

Re: NFL Fantasy Meatman Warriors v Samba Scimitars Opening week arrives with the Scimitars management team in disarray. 3 top RBs in the roster, but with Rice and Mendenhall facing each other's top run defences the only surefire starter is the Rams' Steven Jackson. Hakeem Nicks has nailed a starting Receiver slot for the opening week, with Amendola and Lloyd fighting for the 2nd. Garcon won't see much action for the Scimitars until such time as Peyton returns, so whoever misses out between Amendola and Lloyd will do battle with Mendenhall, Rice and Ochocinco for the flexible position slot. The decision was made post-auction to go with just the single Kicker and TM on the roster to give more flexibility elsewhere. A consequence of that was the release of rookie Alex Henery, with Falcons' Matt Bryant getting the spot. Henery will be featuring in this game however, picked up by Meatman Warriors yesterday! Eek! Freeman is expected to be given the nod over Bradford at QB, whilst the Jags axing Garrard led to an easy decision at TE with Titans' Jared Cook handed the starting spot. So uncertainty abound in the Scimitars camp, a number of decisions yet to be made, all the while glancing nervously at a line-up including Rivers, Charles, CJ2K, GB, and the added eek of Henery in there. Vegas lines have Warriors by 25, and whilst it would be disappointing to lose by quite so many, there can be little argument about expecting Scimitars to kick off with a defeat...

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: NFL Fantasy Some interesting situations with just MNF to come. I have 12.8pts to make up on Meatman, and have the Pats' DF against Janikowski to come for him. We're obviously dogs still, but there's a glimmer of hope there. Kevshat has it wrapped up against CP, no way Gostkowski is going to kick the 33pts necessary to turn that one around. Taza's in pole position against Blackcrow, a slight lead plus McFadden and Marshall to come, with just Welker for Blackcrow. RB is probably favourite to get it done in the other fixture. 10.7pts behind Alex, but Alex's scoring is finished. RB still has Brady and Gronkowski to come tonight. RB has almost a ton of points on his bench, so fans will be asking questions if they come up short

Re: NFL Fantasy Meatman warriors take a 12.8pt lead over Samba Scimitars heading into MNF. With Janikowski still to run for him, and with Samba only having the patriots defence, he is favourite to seal a week 1 success. This is despite a below par performance from many of his star names. Chris Johnson failed miserably and Jamaal Charles is capable of better, much more was expected facing what on paper looked like excellent matchups for them. Instead it was Cedric Benson on the bench who racked up a high number of points and he will be pushing for a starting spot if he maintains that sort of form. The decision to leave out Mike Wallace and Reggie Wayne was a risk. Steve Johnson performed well replacing Wallace, but Santaner Moss' 7.6 points as opposed to Reggie's 16.6 was clearly a big difference. With the packers defence capable of more and with only 40 yards obtained from TE Todd Heap, certainly the team can play better. Nevertheless, despite this, the Warriors are still in prime position to go 1-0. Samba has performed well considering he was a +25 underdog this week, the decision to bench Ray Rice could prove to be very costly though and fans are baffled by that decision.

Re: NFL Fantasy Samba Scimitars make their home bow when welcoming Crouch Potato and his Immaculate Receptions to town in week 2. Star RBs Rice and Mendenhall come into the side, whilst the WRs pick themselves really - with Nicks and Lloyd questionable and Garcon in a Peyton-less Colts offense. Hernandez or Cook will take the TE slot - Chargers were last season's best Pass D, but they face Brady tonight, and with Gronk nursing a slight niggle Aaron could well figure as prominently as last week. Henne comes into the side at QB with a poor Pass D from Houston in town. There's been a little money for the IRs but Scimitars remain 11.5pt favourites, so hopefully we'll be 1-1 after MNF has finished

Re: NFL Fantasy Week 3 lines kevshat -3 @ Samba TazaD -2.5 @ AGurv Meatman @ Crouch Potato -9.5 RuleBritannia -18 @ Blackcrow The 0-2 Scimitars face the 2-0 Crackers in a must-win game that we harbour little hope of actually achieving that win with confidence at a big low throughout the camp.

Re: NFL Fantasy

Samba what in gods name are you doing starting Josh Freeman over Fitzpatrick? Also' date=' I think you are a Pats fan, therefore you must know to immediately drop them and pick someone else up, anyone else.[/quote'] Funny story... well I say funny.... I picked him up this week specifically to take advantage of our shizzle secondary. Fitzpatrick went into my team, projected 21pts.... Freeman projected 26.... so i switched them to see how close I could get to Kev's team on the Scoreboard projections before switching back Only.... I forgot to :loon