** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Copa Sudamericana 2011/2012

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Copa Sudamericana 2011/2012 Liga Quito - Univ de Chile = X2 (1.72) bet365 stake 7 / 10 Preview: Liga Quito: Injured: Jose Valencia (defender 17 / 0), Luis Bolanos (striker 28 / 8), William Araujo (midfielder 11 / 0), Enrique Vera (midfielder 26 / 0), Miller Bolanos (midfielder 21 / 3), Ulises de la Cruz (defender 32 / 6). The home team will be without several important players for the first leg of the Copa Sudamericana final. The coach does not have much choice to field a team worthy of this final. The only advantage is that it plays in the Liga Quito altitude (2800 meters) in their stadium and have a very strong team hard to beat. The Univ de Chile has all the full team for this final, basically a very offensive game with three strikers and the technician said that Sampaoli continue to play with three strikers in this final. At the end saw the many absences in the home team I think it would benefit the home team. :hope:hope:hope

Just a word of caution for Uni. They play a high paced game normally, and I am not sure they will be able to do this at altitude. They may try to tailor their game accordlibgly. Also, for the last round Uni were able to rest players in their domestic games as they had qualified. But now they must play full team, as of last weekend.

Re: Copa Sudamericana 2011/2012

last weekend versus Española' date=' they didn't play with full team, and I think that after 0-1 in that match, they will reserve players again this weekend[/quote'] Oh ok, didn't know what happened the weekend :$ Had just listened to Tim Vickery on BBC World Football Phone-in on Friday night!!

Re: Copa Sudamericana 2011/2012 over 2 legs, LDU will know they are the weaker team and need to go forward with their altitude advantage tomorrow. the 2 big finals they played against Fluminense 2008 and 2009 they won their 1st leg home match with 4-goal and 2-goal margin and both times Flu nearly turned it around in Rio. Also no away goal rule in the finals, so even 1-0 win for LDU would not be to precious for them. U de Chile played mixed team last weekend with 6 starters, Liga Quito rested their starters nearly completely over the last 4 rounds in Ecuador campeonato. But like i said La U is the better side, i dont know if they are even able to play a defensive approach like Zenit or Trabzonspor in CL this week. So its a tough call here.

Re: Copa Sudamericana 2011/2012 Here is a preview from Soccerway: LDU Quito are preparing to attack in the home leg of their Copa Sudamericana final clash with Universidad de Chile on Thursday. The Ecuadorian side have a formidable record as hosts in the altitude in Quito, the country's capital, and they will be out to make the most of their home advantage in the first leg. Argentine star Ezequiel Gonzalez will start as a playmaker, linking up with compatriots Hernan Barcos and Claudio Bieler up front to try and build a lead in anticipation of their visit to Santiago on Wednesday. Barcos has been crucial in helping LDU Quito advance to the final, having netted seven times to guide them to the final two. LDU Quito have an impeccable record in South American competition, with this appearance marking their fifth continental final in the past four years. Universidad are also planning to go for the win in Quito, playing three at the back in an offensive line-up. Chelsea target Eduardo Vargas starts alongside former River Plate striker Gustavo Canales in attack, with the latter returning after sitting out their Clausura quarter-final win over Union Espanola on Sunday. Vargas, 22, has starred throughout the tournament, topping the scoring charts with eight goals and attracting the attention of English Premier League outfit Chelsea. Universidad de Chile will play in their first ever Copa Sudamericana final, having progressed to the semi-finals on four occasions and fallen short. Both teams are coached by Argentines who hail from Santa Fe. Edgardo Bauza is the Liga boss while Jorge Sampaoli is in charge at Universidad. Both clubs faced fierce competition in advancing to book their spots in the final. LDU Quito got past Argentina's Independiente and Velez Sarsfield, while Universidad de Chile took down Flamengo, Arsenal de Sarandi and Vasco da Gama. The outcome of the two-legged final could well be known after the first leg with both teams set to attack.

Took Uni De Chile DNB @ 6/4 with Paddy, only a small stake. The altitude will have some bearings on how Chile play but I have no doubts that they are the better of the 2 teams and can at least draw the match. :hope
Good luck with this, but would you not be better laying LDU on Betfair @2.1-2.2? Getting 5/6ish and having the draw on side as well? Have backed Uni HT/Draw FT myself @16/1 for an interest. :hope

Took Uni De Chile DNB @ 6/4 with Paddy, only a small stake. The altitude will have some bearings on how Chile play but I have no doubts that they are the better of the 2 teams and can at least draw the match. :hope
:nana FT LDU de Quito 0 -1 Univ. de Chile

Liga Quito - Univ de Chile = X2 (1.72) bet365 stake 7 / 10 Preview: Liga Quito: Injured: Jose Valencia (defender 17 / 0), Luis Bolanos (striker 28 / 8), William Araujo (midfielder 11 / 0), Enrique Vera (midfielder 26 / 0), Miller Bolanos (midfielder 21 / 3), Ulises de la Cruz (defender 32 / 6). The home team will be without several important players for the first leg of the Copa Sudamericana final. The coach does not have much choice to field a team worthy of this final. The only advantage is that it plays in the Liga Quito altitude (2800 meters) in their stadium and have a very strong team hard to beat. The Univ de Chile has all the full team for this final, basically a very offensive game with three strikers and the technician said that Sampaoli continue to play with three strikers in this final. At the end saw the many absences in the home team I think it would benefit the home team. :hope:hope:hope
Ca$HHHHHHHHHH :ok

Good luck with this, but would you not be better laying LDU on Betfair @2.1-2.2? Getting 5/6ish and having the draw on side as well? Have backed Uni HT/Draw FT myself @16/1 for an interest. :hope
Laid the draw at HT to guarantee some profit as I wanted to go to sleep, still would of won more if LDU had equalised. Hard to see anyway back for LDU now.

I see some bookies have already priced up next week's 2nd leg. I know Uni don't need to win, but imo they are far the superior team. They are lethal on the break, and ad LdU will need to attack, I can see a Uni winning this by a couple, if not more. Sporting bet go 1.45 on the home win, so the 1.62 offered by Bwin had to be taken. Also 2.75 for the -1 EH looks good. 3pts Uni De Chile @1.62 1pt Uni De Chile @2.75

I see some bookies have already priced up next week's 2nd leg. I know Uni don't need to win, but imo they are far the superior team. They are lethal on the break, and ad LdU will need to attack, I can see a Uni winning this by a couple, if not more. Sporting bet go 1.45 on the home win, so the 1.62 offered by Bwin had to be taken. Also 2.75 for the -1 EH looks good. 3pts Uni De Chile @1.62 1pt Uni De Chile @2.75
Uni have made 9 changes tonight for their domestic game. Clear sign that they don't see this as a done deal. Most bookies now around 1.5 on the outright and 2.5 for the -1EH. But Stan James are out of line going 2.9 for the -1EH. I have topped up on this. 1pt Uni De Chile -1EH @2.9 Stan James :hope

Re: Copa Sudamericana 2011/2012 over 4.5 , 8.25 unibet , 5units I wrote about these two teams last week so you already now my opinion about them. Last week I also bet over 4.5 and lost but if you watched the game you know it could have easily gone over 4.5 in the first half alone. Thise game has even better chances of going over than the first one because of two things. LDU has to attack and after that first game I saw they can attack and make problems to U's defense so I expect them to score at least once tonight. That means U will have plenty of space to do what they do best , quick counter attack. I thought there will be a red card in the first one but it never came close to that , but tonight with everything depending on this game don't be surprised if you see at least one red card for both teams , most likely LDU because they will get nervous if they are down in the second half. I expect U to complete this season undefeated and this to be a real jot to watch with at least 4 goals scored.