** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Copa Sudamericana 2011/2012

Re: Copa Sudamericana 2011/2012 over 3.5 , 2.75 bwin , 10units Since there are already two picks , mine would be the third. I suggest playing Vasco -2.5 maximum stake. But since that is taken, my pick is also a good option of over 3.5 goals in 90 minutes. Vasco played the whole season in Copa Sudamericana by losing on road 2:0 or 3:1 and then trashing the teams when they come in Brazil. They will do the same tonight. I watched the first game and Universitario played some good football especially in second half , but they had a lot of problems with Vasco's pace. Tonight Vasco will play with their best 11 and after not winning in their domestic league I expect them to take their rage out on the U. Universitario will probably score 1 after they go 2:0 down or they will concede when they start going for that away goal , so at least 4 goals in this one , probably more.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Copa Sudamericana 2011/2012

over 3.5 ' date= 2.75 bwin , 10units Since there are already two picks , mine would be the third. I suggest playing Vasco -2.5 maximum stake. But since that is taken, my pick is also a good option of over 3.5 goals in 90 minutes. Vasco played the whole season in Copa Sudamericana by losing on road 2:0 or 3:1 and then trashing the teams when they come in Brazil. They will do the same tonight. I watched the first game and Universitario played some good football especially in second half , but they had a lot of problems with Vasco's pace. Tonight Vasco will play with their best 11 and after not winning in their domestic league I expect them to take their rage out on the U. Universitario will probably score 1 after they go 2:0 down or they will concede when they start going for that away goal , so at least 4 goals in this one , probably more.
:cigar you absobloodylutely right mate

Re: Copa Sudamericana 2011/2012 over 2.5 , 2.21 5dimes , 10units I'm very surprised with these odds. I expect at least 3 goals in this game. Santa Fe sacrifised their last two league games in order to get through to the next round of Copa Sudamericana. They can surely score against Velez at least once , and if Velez get a player sent off they will score even more. But it is Velez who is the better side and they have very quick players and they will score at least once tonight , if they want to they will score as many as they want. After watching the first leg I just can't imagine Santa Fe not scoring and Velez not winning. Again , that is if no team gets a red card.

Re: Copa Sudamericana 2011/2012 Think Velez will score at least two. The game is too closely poised for them just to sit back. I can see them looking to hit Santa Fe early, and also to take advantage when Santa Fe press looking for the goal they need. Gonna play Velez goals with the Race to x goals market with William Hill, which offers better prices than the team goals markets elsewhere. Push on 2 Velez goals... 2pts Velez Race to 2 goals @1.8 1.6pts Velez Race to 3 goals @3.4 :hope

Re: Copa Sudamericana 2011/2012 mainly Velez lost attacking power with the transfers of Maxi Moralez, Silva and Alvarez to Europe last summer/argentinian winter. Think thats the reason for the bookies to offer this akwardly high over odds. Since Velez defense is still pretty solid and i am not sure Santa Fe will score here. Reason for me to play the -1 AH on Velez here was that i dont rate Santa Fe as a good opponent. Think Botafogo pretty much throw their Copa run away to concentrate on Brasileirao and 1st leg with advantage of 2.600 meters altitude advantage they didnt convince me at all, not even in 1st half when they were better team but created few highlights. If this was the Velez team of first half of 2011 i would be very confident with my -1AH bet, now after consideration i regret a bit that i didnt play normal hw for smaller price. But still think it should be cashback at least.

Think Velez will score at least two. The game is too closely poised for them just to sit back. I can see them looking to hit Santa Fe early, and also to take advantage when Santa Fe press looking for the goal they need. Gonna play Velez goals with the Race to x goals market with William Hill, which offers better prices than the team goals markets elsewhere. Push on 2 Velez goals... 2pts Velez Race to 2 goals @1.8 1.6pts Velez Race to 3 goals @3.4 :hope
Agree, and I like your picks, although I have gone a different way. Santa Fe won't open up early, they need a goal ( or more ), but risks will be left to second half IMO - that's if they survive the first. Velez are dominant all over the pitch, a lot of movement with and without ball, fast and creative, no strangers to long range shots either. They got the class on their side, and this Cup is a good chance to save the season. I see them trying to take them full control early, looking for an early goal. If that happens, Santa Fe will have to change plans, and a slightly more open formation can lead to a total destruction, or a brave response. Either way I took Over 2,5 Goals @ 2,10. GL

Agree, and I like your picks, although I have gone a different way. Santa Fe won't open up early, they need a goal ( or more ), but risks will be left to second half IMO - that's if they survive the first. Velez are dominant all over the pitch, a lot of movement with and without ball, fast and creative, no strangers to long range shots either. They got the class on their side, and this Cup is a good chance to save the season. I see them trying to take them full control early, looking for an early goal. If that happens, Santa Fe will have to change plans, and a slightly more open formation can lead to a total destruction, or a brave response. Either way I took Over 2,5 Goals @ 2,10. GL
Double-checked soccerway and just added Total Scoring Minutes Over 135 - purely statistical as Velez score 85% of their goals after the 30th minute, Santa Fe - 76%...bet365 @ 2,10. Of course stats are based on more and different competition but the pattern is there, as well as the nature of this game...That, of course, if we don't see 3 or more red cards as early as 60th minute :lol

over 2.5 ' date= 2.21 5dimes , 10units I'm very surprised with these odds. I expect at least 3 goals in this game. Santa Fe sacrifised their last two league games in order to get through to the next round of Copa Sudamericana. They can surely score against Velez at least once , and if Velez get a player sent off they will score even more. But it is Velez who is the better side and they have very quick players and they will score at least once tonight , if they want to they will score as many as they want. After watching the first leg I just can't imagine Santa Fe not scoring and Velez not winning. Again , that is if no team gets a red card.
:ok:ok 2- 0 to go

Think Velez will score at least two. The game is too closely poised for them just to sit back. I can see them looking to hit Santa Fe early, and also to take advantage when Santa Fe press looking for the goal they need. Gonna play Velez goals with the Race to x goals market with William Hill, which offers better prices than the team goals markets elsewhere. Push on 2 Velez goals... 2pts Velez Race to 2 goals @1.8 1.6pts Velez Race to 3 goals @3.4 :hope
FT 3-2 Went to bed at half time when Velez deservedly lead 2-0. Was pretty confident they would get the 3rd, but looks like it was a bit of a shocker and they needed a last min penalty to get there. Still, happy to take it. +5.44pts :cigar

Re: Copa Sudamericana 2011/2012 One question for Copa Sudamericana.. Chile national football team played in Moday against Paraguay. And, Univ. de Chile will be play with Arsenal de Sarandi in Thursday. I know most of them was called up for Chile NT. Does they play against Arsenal ? or do they will be rested ?

Re: Copa Sudamericana 2011/2012 not the whole team, 6 La U were nominated, 3 of them didnt play a minute last tuesday. for them is not a big issue. Other 3 players are expected to start as well, but questionmark is with starplayer Edu Vargas who had to be subbed against Paraguay, but news is that injury is not severe and he could play though they are not sure yet. His missing would hurt, though they could win this match without him imho. But not playable in my eyes for this price with the circunstances and the fact Chileans dont need the win to advance. Problem for Libertad is that 4 of their players participated in the qualifying encounter 2 day ago, 5 members of the squad were nominated. LDU had only 2 players in national team duties, but are without important forward Bolanos here due to injury. If Libertad will qualify depends if they are able to keep a clean sheat imho. Liga Quito defense did not convince me this year when i saw there games but still dont see Paraguay team scoring 3 times here. Another thing here is that last round Sao Paulo felt cheated by the referee and they are brazilian side who has way better standing in Conmebol than Ecuadorians and Peruvians. Libertad isnt the most popular team in Paraguay but they play in a stadium named after Conmebol president (who is accused to have demanded FA CUp named after him to vote for England 2018) which is a really primitive ground in which european 4th division teams would compete. Should be advantage to them, cause they can fill this ground which they wouldnt achieve in Asuncions big stadiums. So maybe Leoz wants to push Libertad to have the great run this year in this south american b-competition after they are a side which is usually eliminated around quarter finals. But this are speculative things and i dont feel comfortable to bet based on such ideas.

Re: Copa Sudamericana 2011/2012 Libertad Asuncion vs LDU Quito Everyone expect Asuncion to win the match, but do not think they will qualify further. Away side eliminated twice them with 2-0 home and 1-3 away and with 1-0 home and 1-1 away. I expect both teams to score here, but I will go for 2,3 goals. Home side might not score 3 but can easily go for 2. LDU Quito will try to close quickly the match and will try to score in the first half. 2,3 goals in the game @ 2.00 with >Paddy Power Universidad de Chile vs Arsenal de Sarandi Buenos Aires Home side is the best team in Chile at the moment. When playing home they are scoring every time and drive mad their fans. Arsenal de Sarandi has 5 draws in a row and 6 positive results in last 6. Both teams were underish teams when playing in these positions in Copa Sudamericana: Universidad had a predilection for 1-0 at home, while Arsenal made a 0-0 last time and a 0-1 to Estudiantes.I do not think Arsenal will give up after that 1-2 at home and will come here for winning! expect a match with 2, 3 goals. 2, 3 goals in the match @ 2.00 with >Paddy Power

Re: Copa Sudamericana 2011/2012 libertad trying to do something, had some good chances but nothing special...ldu defending..i think it will probably end 0-0 must say i expected a lot more from the game...looks like the international games effected the teams...especially libertad

Re: Copa Sudamericana 2011/2012 saw the statistics that since 2006 LDU Quito lost 3 games against foreign opponents in their Casa Blanca ground. 1 was a pointless game for them against Sport Recife and other 2 against Velez. If argentians can pull this off again they should move to the mountains on regular basis maybe though there are not so many in Argentina i believe. Normally LDU should win here this time and it seems playable @1.85 with william hill though Ecuadorians are far from impressing. But since away win in Quito last spring, Velez lost 3 of their best players in transfer market and not they are without 3 important players Ramirez, Martinez and Zapata due to injury.

Re: Copa Sudamericana 2011/2012 Universidad de Chile , 3.55 pinnacle , 10units Vasco was great at home this season when it comes to Copa Sudamerican. But they would not have gone through to this round if Santa Fe could keep all 10 of their field players on the pitch. Universidad is in my opinion the best team in South America by far. They are certainly the best team on road. They can play extremely good pressing because they are very quick and have good technical abilities so they can win the ball and make good use of it. To be honest I'm not sure if there is any team on the planet that can play their own style against Universidad. I know how it sounds but it is true. They rested most of the first 10 players a few days ago in domestic championship so they are looking to play their top game here. I watched Vasco against Santa Fe and they are nowhere near as good as Universidad. But if you are going to watch this game , one thing you will certainly enjoy no matter who you net on , is Vasco's fans. They are great , and this should be one of the most interesting games this season , so I can't wait for it al to start.

Re: Copa Sudamericana 2011/2012 Anyone got some info on Velez V LDU?? Last time I had backed Libertad to qualify, but traded off prior to kickoff for guaranteed profit. I watched the game and LDU just parked the bus. I can't imagine it being any different this time, and believe Velez have more quality than Libertad.

Re: Copa Sudamericana 2011/2012 i already posted my opinion about Velez in this thread. It is naturally that they are not the team anymore they used to be half a year ago after they sold 3 important players. They are weaker team than Vasco and U de Chile at the moment but still able to beat LDU at home and they had some good performances in Argentinian torneo after a very slow start there. Problem is they are very inconsistant nowadays. Against Santa Fe they even played decent football 1st half and horrible in 2nd period. They concentrate only on Copa Sudamericana now + Martinez and Zapata will return into line up after missing 1st leg, maybe D Ramirez too but he was doubtful. LDU will certainly park the bus and are still without Bolanos and de la Cruz. Home win is probable but tough to play for this price since its possible that Velez would give up if LDU scores the away goal. Velez to qualify is unlikely but not completely impossible against poor travellers like Liga. Might be an option to try it with small stakes.

Re: Copa Sudamericana 2011/2012 So what about tonights game? Anyone with a good level of knowledge on both teams :unsure Uni de Chile's home record in the Sudamericana is great this season, 4 wins and 4 clean sheets. Vasco has played 3 away games this season in the cup and lost all 3. I don't know much about either team but these stats are most certainly swinging me to the home side.

Re: Copa Sudamericana 2011/2012 Vasco struggled on the road because they played with b-teams, knowing that they could just smash their opponents at home. U.de Chile should win but I don't like the odds. I'm on the over @ 1.95 as this is such a huge game, I can't think of South Americans who just play it tactical in such a situation (except maybe for LDU...). how about over @ 2.02 pinnacle and under @ 2.10 william hill sure bet :)