** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Copa Sudamericana 2011/2012

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Copa Sudamericana 2011/2012

Wednesday 5 October 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Universidad Católica v Vélez Sársfield (23:15 BST) 2.4 3.4 3.3 101.38 %
Thursday 6 October 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Club Aurora v Vasco da Gama (01:50 BST) 2.6 3.35 3 101.65 %
Thursday 20 October 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif São Paulo FC v Club Libertad Asunción (00:50 BST) 1.53 3.7 5.5 110.43 %

Re: Copa Sudamericana 2011/2012 Universidad Catolica - Velez = 1 (2.40) Eurobet Universidad Catolica position 9° points 14 Velez position 9° points 14 Preview: Universidad Catolica: absent: Christopher Toselli (goalkeeper 27 / 0), Francesco Silva (Midfielder 26/2). Velez: injured: Emiliano Papa (Defender 9 / 0), Juan Manuel Martínez (Forward 7 / 1), Víctor Zapata (midfielder 5/ 0), Jonathan Ramirez (Striker 8 / 1). Universidad Catolica has score in house w4-d0-l1-3 goals scored 12 goals against 3 while Velez has a score out of the house w2-d2-l1 goals scored 5 goals against 4. The Universidad Catolica UN is going through the dark moment of the season being away from areas of high-ranking United Nations is expressing negligence resulting in mediocre football the last four meetings as many defeats. The coach said that the priority and the higher fare well in the Copa Sudamericana. Velez AFTER A thrilling start to the season is not trying to climb the China taking a behind the first. Also the coach of Velez That Increased priority and Copa Sudamericana. The fine for both the IS field factor for absences IN Away What I think the home team to win the game. Quote of the sign down 1 of many books. The Probable formations: Universidad Catolica: Fabian Cerda, Rodrigo Valenzuela, Hans Martinez, Roberto Cereceda y Enzo Andía, Ormeño Jorge, Gonzalo Sepulveda, Milovan Mirosevic y Roberto Gutiérrez, César Carignano y Francisco Pizarro. TD: Mario Lepe. Velez: Barovero Marcle, Fabian Cubero, Sebastian Dominguez, Fernando Ortiz y Mariano Bittolo, Augusto Fernandez, Francisco Cerro Hector Canteros, Ariel Cabral and Ivan Bella, y Guillermo Franco. DT: Ricardo Gareca. :hope:hope:hope

Re: Copa Sudamericana 2011/2012 I will avoid direct bets in both games this week, in-play only for me! Aurora play very tight, often dirty, and they often upset and intimidate better teams - saw them vs Nacional Asuncion - that early goal away was all they needed and they must have used every trick in the book to waste playing time. If Aurora score first, they will not lose IMO, with Vasco having bigger priorities at home. Catolica and Velez do not shine at home as in previous years, but at least I expect good open football - both team play very fast, all the skill is there. Last time these two met in the Cups was a thrill, especially the game in Argentina. IMO the home field is not an advantage here, the match can go either way, and I see goals. On a two-game basis I still give Velez a slight advantage... No bets, IN-PLAY only!

Re: Copa Sudamericana 2011/2012 nicko, I agree with Aurora, heck most of the Bolivian teams are freaking nuts, lots of drama in the last 15mins. As for the other match to be honest I am quite shocked the total is at o/u 2...I'm pretty sure this is a rather fluid and open game but wow only 2? Are we getting tricked? Once that line goes up to much more ideal odds, I have to hit it. The line is suggesting that Velez will win though just because they tend to take command of their matches and so far the goals have not come in like it has last season, so have to see the intention of Catolica and if they even would even try to attack.

nicko, I agree with Aurora, heck most of the Bolivian teams are freaking nuts, lots of drama in the last 15mins. As for the other match to be honest I am quite shocked the total is at o/u 2...I'm pretty sure this is a rather fluid and open game but wow only 2? Are we getting tricked? Once that line goes up to much more ideal odds, I have to hit it. The line is suggesting that Velez will win though just because they tend to take command of their matches and so far the goals have not come in like it has last season, so have to see the intention of Catolica and if they even would even try to attack.
I am gutted as I was wondering which way to go, and instead of backing somehow Velez, which closer to the game looked better and better to me, I went big for Over 2,5 Goals. With 2-0 Velez early enough I thought maybe I should lay my bet for a little profit and concentrate on Brasil, Under 3,5 Goals was at great odds considering my original stake, but nah...and so it ended - just like last Sunday when I was on the Over with Atletico Goiania, two goals in the first 10 minutes and that was it :$... Read the game well, picked the wrong bet, and had a chance to walk away with a profit regardless :wall Mind you, it will not surprise me at all if Catolica take something in Argentina - might have the same scenario as last time these 2 met. Velez were 3-1 up, got a red card and Catolica won 4-3. Velez did well in the reverse game...Catolica look toothless compared to that period, but Velez also dropped in quality somehow. Didn't see the Aurora game, next time Aurora scores 3 wil be probably in a year or at home to Real Mamore. The result though is a clear indication to me - Vasco wants that Brasil Title badly, and with a game at Porto Alegre coming Aurora as favourite by the odds suggested was clearly justified...

Re: Copa Sudamericana 2011/2012 unfortunate there nicko, I lucked out big time. I took u2.5 after that 1st goal and then just held my breath went off to do some errands to come back and see that it was 2-0 at HT. At times we gotta think that sometimes if you have two attacking playing each other, they cancel each other out, unless of course the defenses are really crap and depend on scoring as their best defensive weapon. But bare in mind, this is not Copa Libertadores where everything was at stake. This is 5 games loss in a row for Catolica, not a good sign at all. Two Cup games vs Uni de Concepion and then a big match at home vs Colo Colo before they play 2nd leg in Argentina. Going to keep an eye on this one. As for that Bolivia game, as you mentioned, it seems we know what the Brasilians focus is on right now and they are just following the same trend most teams leading the Brasil Serie A have done in years past. But of course I'm curious to know what if this was the Copa Libertadores...I think we can both agree that this cup is just as worthless to the bigger teams as the Europa League.

Re: Copa Sudamericana 2011/2012 think Independiente should win tonight and price is still 1.8 with some bookies, good enough to back them in my opinion. both teams clearly perform better at home than in away matches, especially at the international stage. First leg was 2-0 home win for ecuadorians. Rojos will take the match seriously tonight and play their best line up after they left several starters at home for the 1st leg and they will attack from the beginning tonight according coach Ramon Diaz. LDU Quito is a team that usually parks the bus away in Argentina when they can defend an advantage from their usual home victories. Did that in 2009 against Estudiantes in Recopa or against Newells in Sudamericana and i assume it will be the tactics for tonight as well to sit back and wait for counter attacking opportunities. But i dont think they are really such a strong team at the moment if you look at the tables in Ecuador campeonato and also their defense doesnt seem solid to be neither against Velez in Libertadores this year nor against venezuelian team they played in the early stages of this Copa. Independiente surely not with the potential of Velez team from early 2011, but like i said they are strong at home if they are motivated. that is how they won Sudamericana 2010 despite poor away results. also will play the over 2.5 but with smaller stakes so that there would be a profit if Independiente wins in a under match.

Wednesday 19 October 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Arsenal de Sarandi v Club Olimpia (22:10 BST) 1.83 3.4 5 103.96 %
Thursday 20 October 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif São Paulo FC v Club Libertad Asunción (00:50 BST) 1.6 3.9 7 102.43 %
maximize.gif Flamengo v Universidad de Chile (01:50 BST) 1.83 3.8 5.5 99.04 %
maximize.gif Vélez Sársfield v Universidad Católica (23:15 BST) 1.66 3.65 6 104.06 %
Friday 21 October 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Universitario de Deportes v Godoy Cruz de Mendoza (01:45 BST) 2.6 3.3 2.75 105.13 %

Event Flamengo RJ - U. De Chile
Selection U. De Chile +0.5 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 20/10/2011
Bookmaker/Price Blue Square @ 2.10
Reasoning For the first time in this stage of Copa Sul-Americana, Flamengo receives tonight Universidad de Chile, on Engenhão, looking to put a end point in the absence of international titles. The last trophy won in a international competition was in 1999, when Flamengo won the Copa Mercosul. Until a possible decision, Flamengo has eight games. And in the first of them, the team will count with his number 10, Ronaldinho. For tonight clash, the coach Vanderlei Luxemburgo will save the central defender Alex Silva and the right back Léo Moura. David and Galhardo should replace them in the starting eleven. On the remaining places the team will be at full strength, but they have a very important game Sunday. For Brasileirão, Flamengo receives Santos, on Engenhão, and this can make the players save themselves today and not be full concentrate.

Wednesday 26 October 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Santa Fe v Botafogo FR (01:10 BST) 1.98 3.5 4.4 101.80 %
maximize.gif Vasco da Gama v Club Aurora (22:10 BST) 1.33 5.6 11 101.95 %
Thursday 27 October 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Club Libertad Asunción v São Paulo FC (00:50 BST) 2.56 3.3 2.92 103.61 %
maximize.gif Universidad de Chile v Flamengo (00:50 BST) 1.9 3.7 4.5 101.63 %

Re: Copa Sudamericana 2011/2012 Independiente Santa Fe - Botafogo = 1 (1.85) Eurobet stakes 5 / 10 Independiente Santa Fe (Liga Postobon) position 3° points 18 Botafogo (Brasilero) position 3° points 52 Preview: Independiente Santa Fe: falls: Centurion (defender 22 / 2), Bernal (midfielder 17 / 1). Botafogo: absent: Antonio Carlos (defender 27 / 4), Alexander (defender 18 / 0), Maicosuel (midfielder 29 / 4), Lucas Zen (midfielder 17 / 0), Everton (12 midfielder / 0), Cidinho (midfielder 15 / 1 ), Renato (midfielder 21 / 1), Abreu (striker 16/11), Herrera (forward 26 / 7). This is the second round of the South American Cup, the first leg ended at the home of Botafogo with a score of 1-1. The game will be played at 2650 meters above sea level and I think this is a handicap for Botafogo and an advantage for the home team is used to view these altitudes. The Brazilian team is struggling to try to win the championship and the coach at the South American cup match will turn over leaving behind a lot of important players in view of the championship game against Cruzeiro on 29/10. At the end I think the home team advantage it can. :hope:hope:hope

Sport Football (S.America)
Event Santa Fe - Botafogo
Selection Santa Fe(-0.5)AH (Asian-handicap)
Strength 8/10
Date 26/10/2011
Bookmaker/Price 188bet @ 1.92
Reasoning The Colombian club Santa Fe, will play historical game for their club, as they got perfect opportunity to win comfortable advantage before the 2nd game in Brazil. Santa Fe is playing more than solid at this altitude as they got 4 wins in their last 5 matches here in the tournament, as they got 1 draw against another Colombian team. Santa Fe rested some players, showing that is fully focused on this game. Anyway they are on good run of 2 straight wins, without conceding a goal. They are 8-2-2 in their last 12 home games in all competitions. Botafogo will rest some regulars, as they are full focused on Brazil championship. Even after 2 straight loses Botafogo is quite close to the leaders Vasco and some of their regulars didnt travel to Colombia for this match. Botafogo is not from the best travelers with 4 loses in their last 6 visits. They got shaky defense keeping only 3 clean sheets in last 12 away matches. Also at such altitude their performance is even weaker and with rotated squad I expect big trobles for them.

The Colombian club Santa Fe' date=' will play historical game for their club, as they got perfect opportunity to win comfortable advantage before the 2nd game in Brazil.[/quote'] you are wrong buddy..this is the second leg. the first game finished 1-1 in brazil, and it looks like botafago will rest some players because they won't to focus on brazilian championship Bagzi can you confirm that please? I'm a little suspicious because Santa Fe doesn't have to win this game, they have a positive result from the first leg:\

you are wrong buddy..this is the second leg. the first game finished 1-1 in brazil, and it looks like botafago will rest some players because they won't to focus on brazilian championship Bagzi can you confirm that please? I'm a little suspicious because Santa Fe doesn't have to win this game, they have a positive result from the first leg:\
Right mate, Botafogo is totaly focused on brazilian championship and for this game coach saved 5 key players - Loco Abreu, Herrera, Maicosuel, Renato and Antônio Carlos will not take place in this game. :ok Botafogo line up: Jefferson, Lucas, Gustavo, Fábio Ferreira e Cortês; Marcelo Mattos, Léo, Felipe Menezes e Elkeson; Caio e Alex.

What do you think Bagzi is this line up strong enough to get anything from this game??
at very high atitude where santa fe plays and with this line up i belive that home side is closer to get positive result.

Independiente Santa Fe - Botafogo = 1 (1.85) Eurobet stakes 5 / 10 Independiente Santa Fe (Liga Postobon) position 3° points 18 Botafogo (Brasilero) position 3° points 52 Preview: Independiente Santa Fe: falls: Centurion (defender 22 / 2), Bernal (midfielder 17 / 1). Botafogo: absent: Antonio Carlos (defender 27 / 4), Alexander (defender 18 / 0), Maicosuel (midfielder 29 / 4), Lucas Zen (midfielder 17 / 0), Everton (12 midfielder / 0), Cidinho (midfielder 15 / 1 ), Renato (midfielder 21 / 1), Abreu (striker 16/11), Herrera (forward 26 / 7). This is the second round of the South American Cup, the first leg ended at the home of Botafogo with a score of 1-1. The game will be played at 2650 meters above sea level and I think this is a handicap for Botafogo and an advantage for the home team is used to view these altitudes. The Brazilian team is struggling to try to win the championship and the coach at the South American cup match will turn over leaving behind a lot of important players in view of the championship game against Cruzeiro on 29/10. At the end I think the home team advantage it can. :hope:hope:hope
Ca$HHHHHHHHHH :ok

Re: Copa Sudamericana 2011/2012 Universitario , 2.63 at 5dimes , 10units Well I could just do copy-paste for every Vasco's road game in this competition. The same situation as in previous rounds , they will play with only two defenders and a striker from the first eleven and the rest are reserves players. The logic of Vasco's coach is good here as in any previous match. They are much better team than Universitario and they can trash them at home by at least two goals , so any defeat under 3 goals on road works for them. And I would do the same thing with one exception , I would rest the entire first squad. They are so close to winning the domestic league and why risk it against a team who scores on road once in a season. Universitario play decent at home and they will win this game no doubt , but since this is the closing stages of the competition , maybe this will not be a -1.5 win so a regular home win at 2.65 against a team that wants to lose is great odds.

Re: Copa Sudamericana 2011/2012 U. de Chile -1AH , 4.25 at bet365 , 10units Arsenal is a good argentinian team and they had some success in South America's cups in recent years. But today they will play the first leg of the final in Copa Sudamericana. Yes , I know which round of the competition it is but if you watched U play this season you are aware they are the main favourites to win this competition just like Barcelona was last year in Europe. The U will probably play the same style again in this match. They will press Arsenal's defense starting just outside of their penalty box and Arsenal will rarely have scoring chances in this match while Chile should score at least once in the openning 10-15 minutes just like they did against Flamengo and Colo Colo. Their plans are slightly off the schedule because they wanted to win domestic league with a win in derby match at Colo Colo but they were reduced down to 9 men in that game so even a 2:2 draw is a great result and now they need just a draw in the remaining three matches to win the league. Or they can even lose all three if Colo Colo fail to win all three of theirs. Even though Arsenal is a strong home team I think the result of this game will not depend on them but on Chile , and if the guest don't get red card or two , they should win this match.

Re: Copa Sudamericana 2011/2012 Good call WeakestLink(though they needed a penalty)! I followed and made quite a lot of money.I didn't went for a win on Un. de Chile but for them to score first(came thru).Then I risked and went for Arsenal to equalize(this one came thru also) and then I went for draw no bet and picked Un.de Chile and they scored the penalty.So I won three bets on this one...and I play with good money because small bets are boring and waste of time for me...so three won bets in 90 minutes for me. Thank you

They are much better team than Universitario and they can trash them at home by at least two goals
that was my first thought too when i considered going bigger on Vasco -1.5 and over 2.5 this week cause Vasco has not many other options than attacking after 1st leg and logical result would be 3-0, 3-1 or 4-1 even with Vasco playing mixed team with only few regular starters. But Universitario team really shows a lot of heart considering they did not get paid for the previous 5 months and are unbeaten in their last 13 international copa matches now against teams like Libertad, Lanus, Sao Paulo and Godoy Cruz while they conceded 2 goals in 8 matches in Libertadores 2010 and their defense stood the test in Argentina last round when they were huge underdogs as well. Think i will skip this match and focus on Velez -1Asian Handicap this round since they are clearly better side than Santa Fe and the 1st leg wasnt good enough for them to relax already like they did against Catolica. Nontheless over in vasco is still very probable of course.

Re: Copa Sudamericana 2011/2012 Vasco will play with their best possible line up surprisingly despite the important derby against Botafogo in the title race waiting next weekend. This makes it really difficult for the Peruvians now of course. Still not absolutely sure Vasco will beat the -1.5 handicap, but quality gap is huge of course. Well odds on Vasco cant go much farther down anyway.