** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Germany - Bundesliga - 5-7 August

Friday 5 August 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Borussia Dortmund v Hamburger SV (19:30 BST) 1.68 4 5.95 101.33 %
Saturday 6 August 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif 1. FC Köln v VfL Wolfsburg (14:30 BST) 2.9 3.45 2.6 101.93 %
maximize.gif FC Augsburg v SC Freiburg (14:30 BST) 2.4 3.51 3.19 101.50 %
maximize.gif Hannover 96 v 1899 Hoffenheim (14:30 BST) 2.27 3.51 3.45 101.53 %
maximize.gif VfB Stuttgart v FC Schalke 04 (14:30 BST) 2.44 3.5 3.15 101.30 %
maximize.gif Werder Bremen v 1. FC Kaiserslautern (14:30 BST) 1.88 3.8 4.5 101.59 %
maximize.gif Hertha BSC v 1. FC Nürnberg (17:30 BST) 2.24 3.58 3.51 101.07 %
Sunday 7 August 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif 1. FSV Mainz 05 v Bayer 04 Leverkusen (14:30 BST) 3.85 3.55 2.2 99.60 %
maximize.gif FC Bayern München v Borussia Mönchengladbach (16:30 BST) 1.26 6.8 14 101.21 %

Re: Germany - Bundesliga - 5-7 August Borussia Dortmund vs Hamburger SV First game wchich will open Bundesliga season. Expirience showed few times that firts games are very hard to prediction for bettors but here is one clear favorite. Borussia Dortmund showed in pre season very good form , of course we may catch sight of weakness , for example lose against Polonia or something other game where their defence wasted few goals. It was pre games where players prepared to new season and did not play on 100 %. Few changes in BVB most important is Sahin who moved to Real Madrid. I agree with people that he is big lose for BVB but they bought Gundoghan who play on similar level. First exactings performances against Mainz and Hamburger ,Borussia played very well , I suppost that this "machine" will work idem like last season. One think wchich worry me is poor efficiency to score goals , they have many situation but can not tak advatage this. Their opponent from Hamburg changed a lot of players. I expect that good coordination betwen players take more than few weeks. Away side is hard opponent but now it is not the same team how few seasons ago. Borussia should start this season very confident. Their last performance against hamburg in friendly tournament wchich won (2:0) showed that they have not problem with oridinary oppononet. I took 1,73 early. Borussia Dortmund WIN @ 1,73

Re: Germany - Bundesliga - 5-7 August Sorry about making the other Bundesliga thread, i disnt see this one..Ill just re-post this here Dortmund vs Hamburg Dortmund @ 1.61 to win on Paddypower I know this is the obvious bet but i feel the odds hold decent value here for a Dortmund victory.. In terms of summer signings Dortmund lost arguably their best player in Nuri Sahin but theyve also brought in a few nice players like Chris lowe (A young full back) and Ilkay Gundogan who i feel will definitely replace Sahin as the holding midfielder, Theyve had a decent pre season so far, just beating Sandhausen 3-0 recently..Dortmund won this fixture 2-0 last season and theyll definitely want to state their intentions on the first day of the season.. Hamburg had a relatively good season last year, finishing 8th, 30 points behind Dortmund but safe all the same and theyve had a great pre season with a couple of 4-0 wins over poor opposition..theyre fairly inexperienced defensively so i think theyll have a few problems there but attacking wise theyve got Paulo Guerrero whos been on fire of late at the Copa America and Petric whos vety experienced and strong...But the Dortmund pairing of Hummels and Subotic should have any problems..Heres to a good start :ok

Re: Germany - Bundesliga - 5-7 August HSV +1 ah @1.95 with bet365 I think that Dortmund won't have an easy day against the guests from Hamburg. Compared to last season, Borussia seems to be a weaker side, and I expect them to struggle against HSV. It's always hard to predict the opening fixture, but I'm expecting a draw here to be honest. HSV +1 @1.95 6pts draw @4 2 pts cheers lads

Re: Germany - Bundesliga - 5-7 August The price on Monchengladbach is crazy IMO. It is a derby game and there were some surprising results in the past. I remember last season when Monchengladbach were in the bottom half of the table and the game ended 3-3. Also B.Munich won last 3 home games against Monchengladbach by 1 goal.

Re: Germany - Bundesliga - 5-7 August

The price on Monchengladbach is crazy IMO. It is a derby game and there were some surprising results in the past. I remember last season when Monchengladbach were in the bottom half of the table and the game ended 3-3. Also B.Munich won last 3 home games against Monchengladbach by 1 goal.
It is no derby games.Both teams are not from the same area,Munich is in the south while Gladbach ( where I live) is in the west. But yes,in my opinion,the price is way too high for the away team.I will back the b2s with small-medium stakes and with very small stakes I will go on Gladbach to score first just because of my feeling. No one is missing any important players:Gladbach has left Levels,Bradley and Idrissou out of the sqaud because they want to sell them.Bayern will be without Breno who is injured but he won't be missed much.

Re: Germany - Bundesliga - 5-7 August Mainz - Leverkusen Mainz with disappointing results in the UEFA League Qualification against a merely unknown romanian site from Medias. They dont seem to be in a good shape right now and have only two days for recovery after going over 120 minutes and losing after penalty shooting in Medias yesterday evening. Leverkusen on the other hand with strong 60 minutes in then national cup last weekend but giving up a 3-0 lead and losing in extra time against Dresden (2nd german league). Leverkusen has more quality in their rows, is much fitter and will try to make reparations for the cup loss. Pick: Leverkusen @1.99 (betfair)

It is no derby games.Both teams are not from the same area,Munich is in the south while Gladbach ( where I live) is in the west. But yes,in my opinion,the price is way too high for the away team.I will back the b2s with small-medium stakes and with very small stakes I will go on Gladbach to score first just because of my feeling. No one is missing any important players:Gladbach has left Levels,Bradley and Idrissou out of the sqaud because they want to sell them.Bayern will be without Breno who is injured but he won't be missed much.
Did not know that it was not a derby. Thanks for the info.

Aren't Bayern without Ribery and Robben for the start of the season?

Will Barrios play for Dortmund or is he still on holiday? If he doesn't, i'm not sure I trust them to take advantage of scoring opportunities.
According to their official site, Borussia will be without Barios tonight. There are three more absentees:Patrick Owomoyela, Marvin Bakalorz and Marcel Schmelzer

According to their official site' date=' Borussia will be without Barios tonight. There are three more absentees:Patrick Owomoyela, Marvin Bakalorz and Marcel Schmelzer[/quote'] Lucas Barrios will be out for 5 to 6 weeks.Schmelzer is also out but the others are not important.

Sport Football (Germany)
Event Borussia Dortmund - SV Hamburger
Selection Dortmund(-1)AH (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 05/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price 5Dimes @ 1.88
Reasoning Bundesliga is finnaly starting. Champions Dortmund will make their debut at home against Hamburger SV, and of course a full stadium is expected. They lost just one important player this summer, midfielder Nuri Sahin. At the same time they didn't invest much in new players, a couple of youngsters joined the club. Defender Lowe from Chemnitz, and midfielders Perisic(Club Brugge) and Gundogan(Nurnberg) being the most notable signings. So their coach Klopp chose stability for this 2nd season. Striker Barrios is out injured for this game, Lewandowski will take his place. Best new for Dortmund this summer is definitly the return from injury of Kagawa. Hamburger SV changed considerably this summer. Their coach Michael Oenning has been at the club since March 14 this year. With him at the helm they could only win 1 out of the remaining 8 games last season, including a 1-1 draw at home with Dortmund. I was talking about changes at Hamburger this summer... Van Nistelrooy, Ze Roberto, Mathijsen, Torun, Choupo-Mating, Pitroipa, Collin Benjamin and Frank Rost are no longer in the squad. These 8 players were key components of the team last season, and their replacements are questionable. Except for Skjelbred from Rosenborg they didn't really bring in well known players. For example Mancienne, Tore and Bruma came from Chelsea Reserves and find themselves now places in the firs line-up. It's clear that the management intend to take on Dortmund's approach and raise youngster of their own. South Korean Son - 19, defender Diekmeier promoted from Hamburger II - 21, and the reserves from last season have a better chance of getting in the 1st team. But unless a miracle happens this team looks to finish in the 2nd half this season, and their first official game so far ending in a 2-1 win over low division club Oldenburg proves it. Dortmund should win here, and their mentality once taking the lead is to increase it to a safe margin. Last season Dortund won this fixture 2-0. Hamburger SV is much poorer right now, so again home win is expected and the handicap to be covered, altough will cover a bit.

Sport Football (Germany)
Event Borussia Dortmund - SV Hamburger
Selection Dortmund(-1)AH (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 05/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price 5Dimes @ 1.88
Reasoning Bundesliga is finnaly starting. Champions Dortmund will make their debut at home against Hamburger SV, and of course a full stadium is expected. They lost just one important player this summer, midfielder Nuri Sahin. At the same time they didn't invest much in new players, a couple of youngsters joined the club. Defender Lowe from Chemnitz, and midfielders Perisic(Club Brugge) and Gundogan(Nurnberg) being the most notable signings. So their coach Klopp chose stability for this 2nd season. Striker Barrios is out injured for this game, Lewandowski will take his place. Best new for Dortmund this summer is definitly the return from injury of Kagawa. Hamburger SV changed considerably this summer. Their coach Michael Oenning has been at the club since March 14 this year. With him at the helm they could only win 1 out of the remaining 8 games last season, including a 1-1 draw at home with Dortmund. I was talking about changes at Hamburger this summer... Van Nistelrooy, Ze Roberto, Mathijsen, Torun, Choupo-Mating, Pitroipa, Collin Benjamin and Frank Rost are no longer in the squad. These 8 players were key components of the team last season, and their replacements are questionable. Except for Skjelbred from Rosenborg they didn't really bring in well known players. For example Mancienne, Tore and Bruma came from Chelsea Reserves and find themselves now places in the firs line-up. It's clear that the management intend to take on Dortmund's approach and raise youngster of their own. South Korean Son - 19, defender Diekmeier promoted from Hamburger II - 21, and the reserves from last season have a better chance of getting in the 1st team. But unless a miracle happens this team looks to finish in the 2nd half this season, and their first official game so far ending in a 2-1 win over low division club Oldenburg proves it. Dortmund should win here, and their mentality once taking the lead is to increase it to a safe margin. Last season Dortund won this fixture 2-0. Hamburger SV is much poorer right now, so again home win is expected and the handicap to be covered, altough will cover a bit.
mancienne was with us (wolves) for 3 years when we got promoted and for 2 years in the premier league, he is a decent player and will do well in germany i feel. the others have been on loan and playing, not simply playing in chelseas reserves as you make out

Re: Germany - Bundesliga - 5-7 August German Soccer 2010-2011 13W-10L-3P +2.56 units (56.52%) Hamburg +1 (+101) to bet 1 unit @ 5dimes Don't really like to bet favorites in the beginning of the season because I think both teams are gonna come out rusty. BVB starting out with a few injuries in the back a well. Hamburger is much worse then they were last year, but as I said, the start of the season, I think you can expect a draw her.

Sorry about making the other Bundesliga thread, i disnt see this one..Ill just re-post this here Dortmund vs Hamburg Dortmund @ 1.61 to win on Paddypower I know this is the obvious bet but i feel the odds hold decent value here for a Dortmund victory.. In terms of summer signings Dortmund lost arguably their best player in Nuri Sahin but theyve also brought in a few nice players like Chris lowe (A young full back) and Ilkay Gundogan who i feel will definitely replace Sahin as the holding midfielder, Theyve had a decent pre season so far, just beating Sandhausen 3-0 recently..Dortmund won this fixture 2-0 last season and theyll definitely want to state their intentions on the first day of the season.. Hamburg had a relatively good season last year, finishing 8th, 30 points behind Dortmund but safe all the same and theyve had a great pre season with a couple of 4-0 wins over poor opposition..theyre fairly inexperienced defensively so i think theyll have a few problems there but attacking wise theyve got Paulo Guerrero whos been on fire of late at the Copa America and Petric whos vety experienced and strong...But the Dortmund pairing of Hummels and Subotic should have any problems..Heres to a good start :ok
Result- Dortmund 3-1 Hamburg A great start to the season for Dortmund, missed the last two goals but Dortmunds first two were very nice finishes after some great build-up.. Gundogan looks to be a fantastic replacement for Sahin and Lowe also played well in place of Schmelzer..:nana

Re: Germany - Bundesliga - 5-7 August Hannover - Hoffenheim: Hannover @ 2.11 (Pinnacle) 10/10 Hannover finished in 4th place last season and had a very strong home record (12-1-4 -3rd best). The core of the roster was kept intack and a few additions were made. Hoffenheim finished last season in 11th place and had a below average away record (4-5-8). Hoffenheim's roster didn't change much. For this match the guests will have about 5 missing players. Last season, the encounter ended in a 2-0 win for Hannover. A few things point to the home win which is offered at decent odds.

Event Koln - Wolfsburg
Selection Koln
Strength 10/10
Date 06/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Totesport @ 2.63
Reasoning Koln changed his coach this season and since Stale Solbakken took the charge, Koln seems to improve. They made a good pre season and they were o.k. on the cup game, last week, winning at the poor Wiedenbruck by clear 3-0. Wolfsburg is disappointing in this start of season. Their defeat at Leipzig by 3-2, on the cup game was like a punch to them. They continue presenting the same defensive problems they had last season and they seem to continue somewhat lost on the field. Koln can already count with Rensing on the goal and this will give them solidity. Home win is my choice.

Sport Football (Germany)
Event Hertha Berlin vs Nurnberg
Selection Number of goals in match - 2 or 3 goals
Strength 10/10
Date 06/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 1.95
Reasoning In the last 10 games these two teams have met in this exact fixture over the years, there have never been more than 3 goals in the game with 8 of 10 games having 2 or 3 goals and the other two having 1 goal in them. Backing under 3.5 goals seems to be a sure bet but does not provide one with the best odds. Seeing how this bet has struck 80% of the time and has better odds, I will be backing there to be 2 or 3 goals in this fixture.

Re: Germany - Bundesliga - 5-7 August Stuttgart vs Schalke Pick: Away win Probable starting eleven: Stuttgart: Ulreich, Boulahrouz, Tasci, Maza, Molinaro, Kvist, Kuzmanovic, Harnik, Hajnal, Gentner, Cacau Schalke: Fahrmann, Hoger, Howedes, Papadopoulos, Fuchs, Matip, Holtby, Baumjohann, Raul, Draxler, Huntelaar I think Schalke can win at Mercedes Benz Arena in Stuttgart. The last season was awful for them in Bundesliga, but at the same time Schalke reached UEFA Champions League semifinal. The players are very experienced, so I expect Schalke to be in the top 4 this season. Just for Your information, Germany will have four participants in UEFA Champions League next season. However, something else is important here. Stuttgart have big problems in the defense. Coach Bruno Labbadia will be missing Georg Niedermeier, Ermin Bicakcic and captain Matthieu Delpierre. they are all injured. Besides mentioned trio, Labbadia will be missing one more player, Johan Audel. Since Schalke have no injury problems, I believe they are able to win in Stuttgart. Just like two seasons ago, when Schalke won 2:1 on 17.10.2009.

Sport Football (Germany)
Event VfB Stuttgart - Schalke 04
Selection Over 2.5 goals
Strength 10/10
Date 06/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.91
Reasoning Bruno Labbadia is slowly building a team at Stuttgart. They only bought players in key positions where they suffered last season. William Kvist came from Copenhagen and the central midfielder is already in the first line-up. Thomas Hajnal was loaned for the 2nd part of last season here at Stuttgart from Dortmund, now he is on a permanent move. And a 3rd midfielder Ibrahima Traore was transferred from Augsburg. All 3 took some part in the 2-1 win in the Cup against Wehen. It could have been a tricky game against the 3rd league team but Stuttgart deal with it well in the end. For Schalke their manager Ralf Raignick made a couple of changes. Neuer left for Bayern, his replacement is young goalkeeper Lars Unnerstall. Also a couple of important players returned from loans. Holtby impressed last season at Mainz and already retained a place in the first line-up here. Jermaine Jones and Moravek also returned from loans. Fuchs and Marica were brought as well. In the Cup Schalke dismantled Eintracht Trier 11-1. Holtby, Gavranovic and Raul scored a double, Huntelaar 4 goals and Papadopoulos once. I really like the potential up-front for both teams. It is quite obvious that since Raignick took over from Magath he made this team more prolific up-front while Labbadia has always an offensive minded manager. I'll take a shot on the over.

Event Koln - Wolfsburg
Selection Koln
Strength 10/10
Date 06/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Totesport @ 2.63
Reasoning Koln changed his coach this season and since Stale Solbakken took the charge, Koln seems to improve. They made a good pre season and they were o.k. on the cup game, last week, winning at the poor Wiedenbruck by clear 3-0. Wolfsburg is disappointing in this start of season. Their defeat at Leipzig by 3-2, on the cup game was like a punch to them. They continue presenting the same defensive problems they had last season and they seem to continue somewhat lost on the field. Koln can already count with Rensing on the goal and this will give them solidity. Home win is my choice.
Koeln tend to struggle against Wolfsburg, but I think that home advantage will be key here. Wolfsburg were really poor last season and were uncertain of their league status until the very end. And even though they didn't change their coach, and didn't buy anyone noticeable. Koeln draw no bet @1.9 with bet 365 for me

Hannover - Hoffenheim: Hannover @ 2.11 (Pinnacle) 10/10 Hannover finished in 4th place last season and had a very strong home record (12-1-4 -3rd best). The core of the roster was kept intack and a few additions were made. Hoffenheim finished last season in 11th place and had a below average away record (4-5-8). Hoffenheim's roster didn't change much. For this match the guests will have about 5 missing players. Last season, the encounter ended in a 2-0 win for Hannover. A few things point to the home win which is offered at decent odds.
Just fine...!:clap

Re: Germany - Bundesliga - 5-7 August Mainz - Leverkusen: Leverkusen @ 2.00 (Ladbrokes) 10/10 Mainz had a great season in 2010-2011 and finished 5th. Leverkusen was second last season behind Dortmund. Mainz must be low on confidence after being eliminated by Gaz Metan for the Europa Cup. Mainz' Romanian opponents were considered an easy draw. Leverkusen is also coming off a disappointment after being eliminated in Dresden for the German Cup after they went ahead 3-0! The guests have a good mixture of youth and experience and will likely make a good challenge for 1st place. Mainz is a sound team, but they lack Leverkusen's quality. Last season, the guests won this fixture 0-1 and should win this time at decent odds.

ayern Munchen VS Borussia Monchengladbach

As the No.1 team in Bundesliga, Bayern only got a third-place in last season, and fought hard to get a seat in Champions League. The squad hasn’t changed much in the new season, 2 super stars are still playing the key roles, while young players are growing in skills. Although they lost to Barcelona during a warm-up game, they advanced to next stage in the Germany Cup. Borussia was only qualified in last season Bundesliga through playoff. It is a middle level team in the league.The 2 teams had one 1-1 clash in last season. Bookmakers offer Asian handicap at 1.5/2, there is no reason not to be optimistic to see Bayern win. 12BET is offering Beyern Munchen handicap at 1.5/2, Over/Under 3/3.5, Odds for 1X2 are: 1.22, 5.70, 13.35

Sport Football (Germany)
Event FSV Mainz 05 v Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Selection Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Strength 10/10
Date 07/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.25
Reasoning Bayer Leverkusen have been impressive in pre-season friendlies picking up 4W 1D 1L. On the other hand Mainz have been far from impressive picking up 2W 2L. Furthemore Mainz played in the UEFA Europa Qualification match on 04/08/11 where they played in extra time as well where they went on to win the match. All things considered, Bayer Leverkusen ought to win this match.