** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis - 1-7 August

Re: Tennis - 1-7 August Ivanovic vs Brianti - Ivanovic -5 games 1.83 at bet365 (3.5/10) Was torn between the unders or the handicap here but have gone with the handicap because the odds are little better. Brianti knows here level on the hard courts and with the exception of the win over Pennetta who cost herself the match by the sounds of things rather than Brianti stepping her game up, she wont trouble anyone in pretty much the top 30. Over the last year she has lost by 8 games to both Kirilenko and Cibulkova and by 9 games last week to Peer. Ivanovic is rather inconsistent on this surface but a good win over Morita in round one would have given her greater belief and a psychological boost having lost to the same player in Standford last week. She should have enough to beat the handicap here. Hantuchova vs Zheng - under 19.5 games 1.83 at bet365 (4/10) Again weighed this up vs the handicap and this wins because of the better odds. These pair have met 4 times, with Hantuchova winning in straights on all 4 occasions so its surely going to be another straightforward game. Two of those games have been on the hard and both have been unders (18 and 15 games)which points to another unders here. 6-4, 6-3 would do it and that certainly isn't being the realms of possibility. Mchale vs Radwanska - McHale +4.5 games 2.0 at bwin (3/10) McHale has had a simple route into this round with a double bagel victory in R1 and a retired opponent in R2 so should be fresh for tonights match. She may not win, but in home events this year she has shown she is no walkover against the better quality players. She has kept games against Cibulkova, Dokic, Petrova and Kuznetsova all easily within this handicap so I fancy her chances of doing so again. Radwanska is a strong player but prone to ocassional lapse in concentration (we even saw this against Baltacha in her second round match up, where she failed to build on a dominant first set and was taken all the way to a tie break) so McHale could easily take a set here I feel. :hope

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - 1-7 August Russell blew it unfortunately, but I am back with a bet for Washington. (3/10) M.Baghdatis (-2) to bt. T.Bellucci @ 1.91 with Pinnacle Both are in horrible form, but Baghdatis needs to defend his ranking points and Bellucci was awful against Haas - he won like 1 out of 5 points on his second serve. That is just not good enough. Marcos beat him last year and I expect a repeat of that.

Re: Tennis - 1-7 August

Ana Ivanovic -5.5 vs Alberta Brianti. 2.10 @ Bet365 (6/10) :clap Daniela Hantuchova 2-0 vs Jie Zheng. 1.61 @ Bet365 (7/10) :wall Michael Llodra vs Grigor Dimitrov. Over 22.5 games. 1.95 @ Pinnacle (6/10) VOID
Hantuchova was a break up in the 2nd set, should have done better.

(3/10) M.Baghdatis (-2) to bt. T.Bellucci @ 1.91 with Pinnacle :ok
Alright then. Won't post much during the following weeks (until the US Open I guess), so here we go. One early bet for me, might be back later with more. (3/10) V.Troicki to bt. J.Isner @ 1.85 with Bwin Taking this with Bwin, because Isner might retire. He was struggling against James Blake and, to be honest, Troicki is a level above Blake, so he can surely do the job here. Isner retired from the doubles from what I know, so he isnt fully fit. Troicki also has 2-0 record against him. And...yep....GO MONTANES!

Re: Tennis - 1-7 August Sport Tennis Event Montanes - Chela Selection Montanes Strength 10/10 Date 05/08/2011 Bookmaker/Price Ladbrokes @ 2.10 Reasoning Montanes: Albert is in very good form in this tournament, three straight sets wins against good players - young Marti, very good Kohlschreiber and future of clay courts Giraldo. Albert looked motivated. Chela: Ignacio show worse performances in my opinion, three sets against Gimeno-Traver and yesterday beat injured Granollers. Nothing special. Wrong fav Sport Tennis Event ATP in Kitzbuhel Selection Albert Montanes to win title Strength 10/10 Date 06/08/2011 Bookmaker/Price Unibet @ 4.00 Reasoning Very logic bet. In my opinion Montanes beat Chela today. You see my other pick. Second semi final is Souza-Haase, if Souza win odds on Montanes in Final can be on 1.20 level, if win Haase, Montanes max 1.50. If today beat Chela, this odds can be incredible high.

Re: Tennis - 1-7 August I am going for one in the first semi in the end. (3/10) J.Souza (+4) to bt. R.Haase @ 1.87 with Pinnacle Souza is playing unbelievable tennis at the moment, he will be full of confidence after getting this far for the first time in his career. His serve is particularly impressive and, with Haase not being the best defender around, I can see him getting something from this match. The handicap should be around three games I think.

Re: Tennis - 1-7 August Five matches from US on Friday, so :hope WTA 1) Agnieszka Radwanska -2.5 vs Daniela Hantuchova. 1.80 @ Bet365 (5/10) Daniela Hantuchova almost lost to a player who can't serve yesterday. She was 2-4 down in the 3rd set against Jie Zheng and apart from opening 10 games she was really poor and perhaps deserved to lose. Not much on serve in the 2nd part of the match. Radwanska is very good at what she's doing and she will benefit from Hantuchova's mistakes. Radwanska is 4-2 against Hantuchova and the last win of those four was recorded exactly a year ago when this event was played in Stanford. Radwanska has to defend points from final, so motivation higher and her tennis this week has been better. 2) Sloane Stephens +5.5 vs Andrea Petkovic. 1.92 @ Pinnacle (4/10) Break through tournament for Stephens. Her favorite surprisingly is clay but the fact that she's got decent serve allows her to get results on hard courts as well. Beating Julia Goerges doesn't happen by accident. Stephen's game is built around first serve and if that works she can make this match a real contest. Petkovic failed to cover this line against Alexa Glatch and I reckon Stephens has got better chance against Petkovic. 3) Sabine Lisicki > Vera Zvonareva. 2.09 @ Pinnacle (5/10) There's an unfinished job for Lisicki. She should have beaten Zvonareva at the French Open but failed miserably. She failed to serve out the match and ended up with collapsing on the court because of the cramps. So sad sight on that day in Paris. She's back fit and playing very good tennis. Not a fan of where Zvonareva's game is right now and I think Lisicki has got pretty much even chances to win, so have to back the underdog in this match. ATP 1) Fernando Verdasco -2.5 vs Radek Stepanek. 1.90 @ Pinnacle (6/10) I'm not sure Stepanek's tennis works against Verdasco. The spaniard is a lefty and that is different when it comes to the return game. Stepanek can be all over the place with his circus show on court and serve & volley game doesn't always work. Verdasco has got solid serve on hard courts and having beaten Stepanek three times in a row (two of those wins were humiliations) will feel good about his chances to win yet again. Having a handicap here which is not big. One break should to the business. 2) Viktor Troicki > John Isner. 1.75 @ Pinnacle (5/10) In a very close match you have to fancy a player who's got better return game. Troicki clearly is better out of these two. He's beaten Isner both times they've played including one match on hard courts. Troicki for me in this one!

Re: Tennis - 1-7 August Final bet for today. (3/10) M.Baghdatis (-1.5 sets) to bt. D.Young @ 2.08 with 188Bet Pretty risky, as Baghdatis is not in brilliant form right now, but the odds are too good to ignore. Young's results are really deceptive imo, Melzer was injured and Russell was hitting outs with every single shot. Baghdatis is solid enough in Washington and I think that he will expose Young's weaknesses here.

Re: Tennis - 1-7 August Pathetic Verdasco. Sorry for those who followed. The idiot played the worst match I've seen in ages by anyone. Even Denis Istomin or Jeremy Chardy have not played so badly. Second set was unbelievable. 3-0, 40-0 with 3 break points. Wastes on purpose first two and wins just one game after that. Needless to say, the idiot wasted multiple break points in his next return game. And all that with Stepanek playing without the first serve. WTA isn't that bad. :lol

Re: Tennis - 1-7 August Alright, I will look like a clown, but I have to go for it given the circumstances. GL tomorrow. (3/10) J.Tipsarevic to bt. G.Monfils @ 2.56 with Pinnacle Janko Tipsarevic is 3-3 against Monfils and I think that he can beat him today. Gael Monfils is not having great results and I wonder about his motivation here. Not convincing against the likes of Hanescu, Tursunov, Sweeting, so why cannot he lose here?

Re: Tennis - 1-7 August What do you guys think about todays match. Donald Young v Radek Stepanek and Gael Monfils v John Isner I think Donald will win his match pretty easy, but im not so sure about the second match. Johan Isner seems stronger then Monfils now so i think Isner is going to win there :)

Re: Tennis - 1-7 August Just to recap from a couple of nights ago

Ivanovic vs Brianti - Ivanovic -5 games 1.83 at bet365 (3.5/10) :ok Hantuchova vs Zheng - under 19.5 games 1.83 at bet365 (4/10) :\ Mchale vs Radwanska - McHale +4.5 games 2.0 at bwin (3/10) :\
Now a lowly +3.28 units for the week. Hope to increase those profits tonight with a couple of bets Radwanska vs Petkovic - Radwanska to win 2.25 at bwin (5/10) No reason why Radwanska can't win here, and unless there's an issue with Radwanska I'm not aware of I can't understand why the bookies have got Petkovic as the relativly clear favourite (bwin are giving 1.57 for her but 2.25 for Radwanska). I feel the two players are of similar ability but with a 2-0 head to head record in favour of Radwanska i'm drawn to her at these odds. Monfils vs Isner - over 22.5 games 1.73 at bet365 (6/10) Taking the lowest overs line available as I generally like to minimise risk but the over 23.5 line is available for 2.0 which may interest some. In the 4 ATP level games (non majors) these two have played all of these matches have gone comfortably over the 22.5 line with a range of totals from 29 to 39 games. Given how those games went, I have to fancy something similar today. :hope

Re: Tennis - 1-7 August Sport Tennis Event Stepanek - Young Selection Stepanek -1.5(Sets HC) (Asian-handicap) Strength 10/10 Date 06/08/2011 Bookmaker/Price Sportingbet @ 2.15 Reasoning Stepanek: Radek is in big form in this moment, first beat good Petzschner in three sets(6-0 in third), next give 2 games for Odesnik. Three sets against in-form Jarkko Nieminen and yesterday been underdog against Fernando Verdasco, but make win in striaght sets. Young: For me Donald is on the Stepanek level. Very lucky draw - Sitak is out of TOP250, Melzer retireg against him, Russel been too tired, Baghdatis make bg chokes, have many good chances to win.

Sport Tennis
Event Young D. (Usa) - Stepanek R. (Cze)
Selection Young D. (Usa)
Strength 10/10
Date 06/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Unibet @ 3.00
Reasoning These two never played before series between is tieded 0-0, so this will be their first match. Stepanek is far experienced he is twelve yearls older that Young, he played well here so far but he is already veteran, while youngster Donald Young is in great fit. The difference between at ATP rankings is ner 70 positions, Youngs is out of top 100 but yesterday he showed great fit against Baghadtis who is placed as Stepanek round top 50 at ATP rankings. Young is fasters on counrt, Stepanek may not be fited to this match after toungh games so far so I will choose Young here.

Sport Tennis
Event Radwanska A. (Pol) - Petkovic A. (Ger)
Selection Radwanska A. (Pol)
Strength 10/10
Date 06/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Victor Chandler @ 2.50
Reasoning
Radwanska lead 2-0 in series between these two so I don't know why people are backing most of them Petkovic. Radwanska is under number 13 at WTA rankings while Petkovic is under number 11, who rech this final have big chance to be in top 10 next week. As I said Radwanska lead 2-0 head to head, both matches in Tokyo hard court the same surface, last match straight sets 6-3 6-3 last year. I think Radwanska have harder way to this semi final she defeated Hantuchova in three sets while Petkovic played against lowe ranked opponents Stphens, Razzano, Glatch. If Radwanska put on pressure Petkovic I think she can make it 3-0 head to head.

Radwanska vs Petkovic - Radwanska to win 2.25 at bwin (5/10) :ok Monfils vs Isner - over 22.5 games 1.73 at bet365 (6/10) :ok
Good night for me last night. Now its finals day time to review my outright picks
Vera Zvonereva to win Carlsbad - 5.0 with Stan James - (2/10) :hope Marcos Baghdatis to win Washington ATP - 17.0 at Paddy Power (1/10) :\ Fabio Fognini to win Kitzbuhel - 15.0 Betfred (1/10) :\
Ok, so all this leaves me with a profit of 11.91 so far for the week :beer. Can guarantee profit today in Carlsbad as I have Zvonereva on the outright, meaning i'll take the Radwanska win for security. Will have +4 units profit whoever wins today.

Re: Tennis - 1-7 August There is also a few qualifiers in the Toronto WTA event that I like the look of so going for; Benesova vs Razzano - Benesova to win 2.10 at PaddyPower (2.5/10) Similar to Radwanska last night can't understand the pricing here. Paddy Power have Razzano at 1.66 and Benesova at 2.10. As Benesova is 30 ranking places ahead of Razzano and the H2H is 1-0 in her favour feel I should take her at these odds. Benesova is a decent hard court player in my eyes, easily saw of Lucic yesterday and already this season has had good wins against the likes of Vinci, Pennetta and Pavlyuchenkova. She also went well at this event last year (reached the last 16) so will want to impress again no doubt. Razzano wont be a walk over but there are still doubts for me over her fitness having pulled out of Carlsbad this week, so she is unlikely to have trained much since then and Benesova will really test her I feel. She dropped a set in what should have been a simple match yesterday vs Pelletier who was ranked 352 in the world. 3 sets in that match can't have helped her fitness either. Jovanovski vs Parra Santonja - Jovanovski to win 2-0 1.73 at bet365 (3/10) Should be a routine win for the serbian today as it was in there only h2h so far, where Jovanovski won easily 6-2 6-2 on the hard courts of Beijing in October last year. Since then these tow have gone in opposite directions in the rankings. Jovanovski has shown some good tennis on this surface this year, made the semi's in Sydney back in January and since then has registered another couple of qtr final places . She had a nice easy win over Oudin yesterday as well. On the other hand Parra Santonja has in her career mainly limited herself to ITF level hard court events over the last few years, and has struggled to make the jump up to this level on this surface. Before yesterdays win over Vania King she had lost 6 WTA level games in a row, so good form at all. Baltacha vs Arn - over 22.5 games 1.91 at bet 365 (2.5/10) In all three of these pairs h2h previously the overs line has been met with a range of totals from 26 to 30 games, so have to fancy the overs again here. :hope

Re: Tennis - 1-7 August No luck with any of those yesterday. Baltacha match fell one game short of the overs line, Benesova stake was returned due to Razzano getting injured, and Jovanonski dropped the second set on a tie break. All quite close though so not too disappointed and a total of +10.41 profit for the week is good enough for me.