** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

England: League Two Aug 6

:nana

Saturday 6 August 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif AFC Wimbledon v Bristol Rovers (12:45 BST) 2.5 3.4 2.75 105.78 %
maximize.gif Bradford City v Aldershot Town (15:00 BST) 2.2 3.4 3.33 104.90 %
maximize.gif Gillingham v Cheltenham Town (15:00 BST) 1.87 3.6 4.75 102.31 %
maximize.gif Macclesfield Town v Dagenham & Redbridge (15:00 BST) 2.5 3.4 2.75 105.78 %
maximize.gif Morecambe v Barnet (15:00 BST) 2.1 3.4 3.7 104.06 %
maximize.gif Northampton Town v Accrington Stanley (15:00 BST) 1.95 3.75 4.5 100.17 %
maximize.gif Port Vale v Crawley Town (15:00 BST) 2.92 3.4 2.5 103.54 %
maximize.gif Rotherham United v Oxford United (15:00 BST) 2.25 3.4 3.15 105.60 %
maximize.gif Shrewsbury Town v Plymouth Argyle (15:00 BST) 2.1 3.5 4 101.19 %
maximize.gif Southend United v Hereford United (15:00 BST) 1.92 3.4 4.2 105.30 %
maximize.gif Swindon Town v Crewe Alexandra (15:00 BST) 1.93 3.6 4.2 103.40 %
maximize.gif Torquay United v Burton Albion (15:00 BST) 1.9 3.4 4.4 104.52 %

Re: England: League Two Aug 6 Shrewsbury v Plymouth As a Plymouth fan I can't look past a Shrews win. We have a squad of 18 players.. 10 of which are under 20 years old. The goings on behind the scenes have disrupted the prep for the season.. the club won't even be getting the kits untill a few weeks time. We have a good midfield and a decent backline, but that's about it. Up front we have 1 striker on our books, and he's never played first team football (Hitchcock on loan from blackburn). We seriously lack in ariel presense so I can see Shrews taking advantage of this. On Monday we beat Saltash Utd in a friendly 1-0 whereas last season in the same fixture we won 8-0. Shrews will be worth a punt with a 1-0/2-0 scoreline

Re: England: League Two Aug 6 Gillingham v Cheltenham Gills have lost one of our main strikers Birchall to injury till Christmas at the earliest. Pre season has been up and down but we have played plenty of games and will be ready, I expect we will be lining up 4-5-1 with Kedwell leading the line, he has looked good for us so far but probably needs someone playing off him, we should have far more goals from midfield this season and have two of the best midfielders in the league from Peterborough in Chris Whelpdale and Charlie Lee, they ran the show against their former club in a friendly the other day. We have one of the easier first games on paper against a side who lost their best player Thomas to Crawley in the summer, and are tipped by virtually everyone to be struggling this season, I imagine they will be setting up in a solid formation and try not to be broken down. Our current lack of firepower worries me, we need another striker in on loan, there are rumours of McDonald coming back on loan which would be unbelievable, but not happening currently. The defence looks good, Frampton has come in from Millwall and been made captain alongside him Matt Lawrence or Simon King will be fine. The goalkeeper will be Flitney who we signed from Dover or Gazzainga who we got from Valencia's youth team and signed on a 2 year deal very quickly after Prem clubs were sending scouts to our pre-season games. He's only 19 and Hess has stuck his neck on the line and said he will play in the Premiership one day! Long way from that currently.. I can see this being a low scoring game, Cheltenham will try to frustrate and with our lack of striking options I can see it ending in a draw or a 1-0, 2-0 to us. Under 2.5 is 1.84 on Pinnacle.

Re: England: League Two Aug 6 Rotherham V Oxford Would like to know what folks think of Oxford +0.25 @ 9/10: First games of the season are always really horrible to predict and if I do put money down this weekend I would be more comfortable with covering 2 outcomes in the 1X2 market. A lot of people will say this is a tough fixture to mess around with, especially early doors but it has been in the back of my mind for most of this week. I think Oxford will push on this season and it's a good test 1st game to travel to Rotherham, one of the divisions stronger sides and yet I feel their momentum is slowing this year. Possible lethargy from constantly not making it to league one, just a feeling. Ideally I would like to know in percentage terms how likely is a Rotherham victory? The remaining percentile will equate to some degree of profit with this bet and that's more than agreeable for the lottery of gameweek 1.

Re: England: League Two Aug 6

Rotherham V Oxford Would like to know what folks think of Oxford +0.25 @ 9/10: First games of the season are always really horrible to predict and if I do put money down this weekend I would be more comfortable with covering 2 outcomes in the 1X2 market. A lot of people will say this is a tough fixture to mess around with, especially early doors but it has been in the back of my mind for most of this week. I think Oxford will push on this season and it's a good test 1st game to travel to Rotherham, one of the divisions stronger sides and yet I feel their momentum is slowing this year. Possible lethargy from constantly not making it to league one, just a feeling. Ideally I would like to know in percentage terms how likely is a Rotherham victory? The remaining percentile will equate to some degree of profit with this bet and that's more than agreeable for the lottery of gameweek 1.
I'd been looking at Oxford here, too, but the number of players they have available is putting me off. If they had a full side I reckon there'd just about be a bit of value. They've got squad depth so they'll still be very competative, but I think the edge is taken off (their fans reckon Leven will be a big miss) - but not by enough to make Rotherham look particularly attractive to me at the price, which all looks about right to me. (I don't know a great deal about Oxford; most of the above is taken from their message board. Good luck if you go for it.)

Ideally I would like to know in percentage terms how likely is a Rotherham victory? The remaining percentile will equate to some degree of profit with this bet and that's more than agreeable for the lottery of gameweek 1.
Do you mean what does anyone here make them? :unsure Which obviously makes them more or less value. The bookies give them a 44% chance. It's difficult to know how they'll start as they have fundamentally changed their squad in the close season. Oxford have been busy too, so it's quite a tough one to look at really.

Re: England: League Two Aug 6 Personally I think it is a good idea to back Shrewsbury.They are a solid home team.Plymouth has lost so many players after their relegation.They just bought 2-3 good players but all the others are just young players between 17 and 21 who don't have any experience.

Do you mean what does anyone here make them? :unsure Which obviously makes them more or less value. The bookies give them a 44% chance. It's difficult to know how they'll start as they have fundamentally changed their squad in the close season. Oxford have been busy too' date=' so it's quite a tough one to look at really.[/quote'] Yeh, wanted to see opinions on the Rotherham win percentage.

I'd been looking at Oxford here, too, but the number of players they have available is putting me off. If they had a full side I reckon there'd just about be a bit of value. They've got squad depth so they'll still be very competative, but I think the edge is taken off (their fans reckon Leven will be a big miss) - but not by enough to make Rotherham look particularly attractive to me at the price, which all looks about right to me. (I don't know a great deal about Oxford; most of the above is taken from their message board. Good luck if you go for it.)
I didn't realise Leven would be missing, injured or suspended?

Re: England: League Two Aug 6 AFC Wimbledon v Bristol Rovers - Bristol Rovers @ 2.86 with Betfair Bit of a risk to oppose Wimbledon at home in their first league fixture, but I fancy Rovers could be too strong for them here. Paul Buckle looks a perfect fit for the club with an emphasis on attacking football and he's made some shrewd acquisitions over the summer, packing his squad with League 2 experience. Rovers have been full of goals in pre-season and, having seen them lose narrowly to Reading last week, their pace down the flanks will cause a lot of teams problems at this level. Wimbledon have also been impressive in pre-season, with victories over Fulham & Watford, but their loss to Crawley in the Carling Cup highlighted some worrying defensive issues. I think ultimately they will have enough to finish relatively comfortably in mid-table, but it could take them a while to find their feet and Rovers will be tough opposition for openers. No doubt the home team and their fans will be well up for this match, but I think the Gas will have that extra touch of quality to take the points.

AFC Wimbledon v Bristol Rovers - Bristol Rovers @ 2.86 with Betfair Bit of a risk to oppose Wimbledon at home in their first league fixture, but I fancy Rovers could be too strong for them here. Paul Buckle looks a perfect fit for the club with an emphasis on attacking football and he's made some shrewd acquisitions over the summer, packing his squad with League 2 experience. Rovers have been full of goals in pre-season and, having seen them lose narrowly to Reading last week, their pace down the flanks will cause a lot of teams problems at this level. Wimbledon have also been impressive in pre-season, with victories over Fulham & Watford, but their loss to Crawley in the Carling Cup highlighted some worrying defensive issues. I think ultimately they will have enough to finish relatively comfortably in mid-table, but it could take them a while to find their feet and Rovers will be tough opposition for openers. No doubt the home team and their fans will be well up for this match, but I think the Gas will have that extra touch of quality to take the points.
I'm with this as well - I was going to post the same. However, I think a draw will suit both sides (Bristol because it's a good point; Wombledon because of the occasion) so I'm taking the lesss risky draw/away double chance at the generally available 1/2.

Injured' date=' I think. Apparently they did a pre-season tour of America which the message board may have been too intensice for pre-season and they got a few knocks.[/quote'] Cheers, will wait till the last minute for deciding on that bet.

I wouldn't touch Swindon against Crewe as the home team is missings several players including their first choice keeper and two defenders.Crewe could get something from this match.
Didn't you pick Swindon in the Weekend bets thread? I wouldn't take too much notice of the keeper and defenders being missing. The 2nd choice was our number one when we were last in this league and is more than capable. One of the defenders is 2nd choice left back and Aden Flint will cover well for the other. After remaining cautious about our chances through pre-season, I have now decided F*** it, and I'm going to lump on Swindon. 2.04 is too good to miss here! Crewe have lost 'Donaldinho' which must be a massive loss and he hasn't been replaced. Di Canio has brought together a team with the same passion he has. We have missed out on some quality players, including a striker who played in the Eredivisie because they lacked the passion and hunger that Di Canio wants. Swindon will not go down without a fight and this hunger will see them win today! Also just wanted to say, time will tell whether Di Canio is a fantastic manager, but he is definitely a fantastic football man. I've not heard a manager talk so much sense and with so much passion since Lou Macari was in charge (1990)!

Didn't you pick Swindon in the Weekend bets thread? I wouldn't take too much notice of the keeper and defenders being missing. The 2nd choice was our number one when we were last in this league and is more than capable. One of the defenders is 2nd choice left back and Aden Flint will cover well for the other. After remaining cautious about our chances through pre-season, I have now decided F*** it, and I'm going to lump on Swindon. 2.04 is too good to miss here! Crewe have lost 'Donaldinho' which must be a massive loss and he hasn't been replaced. Di Canio has brought together a team with the same passion he has. We have missed out on some quality players, including a striker who played in the Eredivisie because they lacked the passion and hunger that Di Canio wants. Swindon will not go down without a fight and this hunger will see them win today! Also just wanted to say, time will tell whether Di Canio is a fantastic manager, but he is definitely a fantastic football man. I've not heard a manager talk so much sense and with so much passion since Lou Macari was in charge (1990)!
Wouldn't lump on anything in this league mate, certainly not first game..pretty unpredicatable at the best of times. Think Di Canio will either be brilliant or bloody awful!

Yes,I took them but before I saw how many absentees they have. But it is good to hear a Swindon fan who knows more about the players who are out:ok

Re: England: League Two Aug 6 Bradford 1 Aldershot 2 That scoreline does not reflect how poor we were (Bradford) all over the park. No understanding at the back, left back Threlfall was dire. He hit loads of simple passes out of touch for throw ins and a defensive mix up saw the 2nd goal just bounce off his head into the back of the net. No pace or movement in midfield, Flynn well past it and chasing shadows. Attack consists of a hoof up front to Hanson who was in the pocket of the Shots defenders all game and there was no plan b. We are away at Oxford next Saturday and I would expect them to be odds on, around 1-2 or 1-3 and would consider backing them on the -1 handicap at this stage. Aldershot were not bad but nothing special and still went 2-0 up. We only scored in the 3rd min of injury time. Very poor start for Bradford as I expected.