** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

NRL Rd 21

Bird

The Competition is getting better as the big games are getting closer Sea Eagles 1-12 Game of the weekend and it's up first. Sea Eagles will play tough footy as usual but I think the Tigers will keep it close. Broncos - 12 The mail is the Sharks will play Gallen, It won't matter, the Broncos will be all out to get some credibility back after being thumped by the Storm last Friday night, Broncos by 16. Canterbury - Bankstown Win Both teams talent wise are close and on the face of it this looks like a good game to watch, The Dogs won last weekend in thrilling fashion and have a great recent record against the Chooks who now that I've given up on them they might just win, but it's the Dogs for me. Cowboys 1-12 Panthers played hard last weekend but came up short while the Cowboys got home against the Titans. Both forward packs in this game are tremendous as are the backline match ups, the Panthers have the wood on the Cowboys but the Cowboys I feel are on a good ride here and I think they'll get home against the Panthers, but not by much. Warriors - 6.5 Not confident about this but feel the Warriors will come home upbeat after the demolition of Souths last weekend and should climb over the Raiders late to win by 14. Knights 1-12 Titans are crap but it has to get to them at some point, Prince needs to take the line on instead of kicking all the time when the Titans are on attack, hopefully he'll do that this afternoon, the Knights to be honest are playing alright but they to seem to come in and out of their matches, not much interest here but I will be watching and having a punt on this game so Knights 1-12. Souths +14.5 Dragons are backing up from a hard fought and lost Monday night match while Souths are backing up from their worst performance of this season. I think Souths can be competitive in this match for a while but in the end class will prevail. The last 4 games the Dragons have lost to the Raiders in Canberra in the last 4 seasons the following week they have lost 3 and won once by 8. Eels + 8.5 Storm have been awesome this season but I have noticed that after lifting for a big game and then backing up the following week in what appears to be an easy game has never been easy for them. Eels just can't take any tricks at present, but it is Monday night and they have won their last 4 at home against the Storm, One of those matches was a MNF game also.

Re: NRL Rd 21 Nice insights bird :ok Broncos -15.5 @ 1.92 centrebet With Gallen looking likely to be out, then the Sahrks chances of doing well diminish. The Broncos played pretty well last week in losing to the Storm, and now back at home, they should be too good for them. What sets apart the Broncos from the Sharks here is experience, as the Sharks lack it, while the Broncos have plenty of it, and with Lockyer there, he can create the holes much like the Knights did last week against them. The Broncos have won 6 of the last 8 meetings and won thelast 4 games. They beat them 34-16 earlier this year and are 10-1 at home to them, so they look good chances of winning this one well. Sea Eagles -7.5 @ 2.05 centrebet Sea Eagles defended really well against the Panthers last week and like them to do much the same here to stop the Tigers attack which has shown signs of sparking into life. But the Sea Eagles also have the much better attack and they can open up this Tigers defence that can go missing at times. The Sea Eagles have won 6 of the last 8 meetings between the two sides, and have won 6 of their 7 games, including the last 4 games, they have played in Gosford. Manly also beat West 38-20 in Gosford last year. With the Sea Eagles better than the Tigers in attack and defence, like them to win this one

Re: NRL Rd 21 Roosters -3.5 @ 2.17 centrebet Roosters have been unlucky in their last 2 games with the Rabbitohs and the Tigers, and believe some luck goes their way here as the Bulldogs, though they beat the Eels last week, have been doing enough to win. Both teams will be up for this games as their is a rivalry between them, but like the Roosters, with the better halves combination of Carney and Pearce to edge this. They have a very good record at the SFS against the Bulldogs, winning 5 of the last 6 meetings there Panthers -3.5 @ 3.00 centrebet Should be a great battle up front as both teams have big forward packs. In the backs, plenty of speed there so they match up well there. Not much separates the two sides, as Thurston, if available, would give the Cowboys the edge, but the Panthers do get Lewis back and he is a played that can make things happen for them. Also the Panthers have a very good record in Townsville, winning 9 of the last 13 games there, but believe that it is Lewis who can be the difference here

Re: NRL Rd 21 Odds have fallen for Knights -8.5 I assume its due to the news of John Cartwright not being able to make the trip and the GCT assistants having to take over Does not having the head coach make a massive difference? (GCT are not an outstanding team in any case and Knights have their position in the 8 to fight for)

Re: NRL Rd 21 Storm win by 1-12 margin @ 2.90 centrebet Eels come into this game with two losses in extra time so they have been competitive in their games, but have not done enough to win it. They will be up for this game given that they were smashed 38-0 by the Storm earleir this season. The Storm have won 8 straight games and are cruising along, but this looks a danger game where complacency may set in, much like the Dragons and Rabbitohs game yesterday. However the Storm defence is very good as they have conceded more than 10 points only once in their last 8 games, so they know how to contain the opposition. A concern for the Storm is that they do give away penalties, so Hayne should be able to get the Eels in good field position to threaten the Storm line, and he has the passing skills to get his players through the gaps. The Storm are not a team that blows teams away as they like to grind out results, and let their defence do the rest. In winning 8 straight, they have only win 3 games by more than 13 points, while on the road, of the 7 games they have won, 5 of them have been by less than 13 points, so like this game to be close, with the class of the Storm's big three (Smith, Cronk and Slater) being the difference yet again

Re: NRL Rd 21 Like that bet there BC, particularly with the Storm having I believe 4 first graders out, there chances of blowing the Eels away seems much less. Their spine still in tact though so a victory still seems like a good option. Also fancy whoever it is that will play left wing (I assume O'Neill) to score first. The Eels right edge is porous. I believe in games involving the Eels, the first tryscorer of the game has been the opposition left side winger on 5 occasions.