** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

England > Non-league antepost > Evo-Stik Northern Prem 2011/12

Chester City 2/1
FC United 7/1
Bradford PA 15/2
Hednesford Town 8/1
Chorley 11/1
Stafford 12/1
North Ferriby 14/1
Northwich 14/1
Buxton 16/1
Kendal 20/1
Chasetown 28/1
Marine 28/1
Stocksbridge PS 28/1
Frickley 40/1
Matlock 40/1
Worksop 40/1
Mickleover 50/1
Nantwich 50/1
Rushall 50/1
Ashton 66/1
Burscough 66/1
Whitby 80/1
Prices from Corals EW 1/4 1-2-3 For updated prices: http://odds-comparison.bestbetting.com/football/england/evo-stik-premier-league/winner/

Re: England > Non-league antepost > Evo-Stik Northern Prem I'll post the prices when Odds-comparison put up Corals' offerings. I'll refrain from commenting too much at this stage but, Chester are 2/1 F here - a defensive price, but the Corals people have been doing their homework. Chasetown at 40s is a bit of a surprise. In the Evo-Stik Southern, Cambridge City are unappealing favourites at 9/2, with Brackley Town and Leamington behind them at 11/2. For the Ryman Lewes head the list at 9/2, with Lowestoft Town at 11/2.

Re: England > Non-league antepost > Evo-Stik Northern Prem 2011/12 Skybet's Northern odds are a thinly filtered version of Corals'. They have Chester at 7/4 favourites. They have Chorley at 16s and Northwich Vics at 20s, more interesting EW shouts than at Corals (though they are not plays for me as yet).

Re: England > Non-league antepost > Evo-Stik Northern Prem 2011/12 Chester are rightly favourites for this section, but in all honesty the price - a best of 2/1 - is as poor as it gets. They are favourites because they have they have the best squad and the biggest war chest in the section, and they arrive with plenty of momentum from last season. In Michael Wilde (although crocked for the start of the season), Chris Simm, Jamie Rainford from Marine, Matty McNeil from Southport and Mark Reed from Buxton, they have the attacking talent that could unsettle defences from a level higher. Keeping those five happy will be the biggest problem. Boss Neil Young has a solid enough CV, and actually did well last season in turning things around when it looked like they might crumble - a necessary change of style to something a little more direct bore fruit. The pressure he'll be operating under this season will be a notch higher, and though the signs are that he'll cope okay it's not, I think, a given and should be a factor in the price. Given a fair wind, however, Chester should win the title with the resources at their disposal. The strongest challenges, I reckon, will come from Hednesford United and Chasetown. Hednesford finished last season's Southern campaign as one the form-horses, and there's nothing to suggest that Rob Smith won't get them functioning again. They've lost Kyle Patterson - and a huge loss it is - but Mark Danks is a wily campaigner, and the bulk of the successful squad is staying put. With Chester dominating everyone's thoughts, the pressure is off and I expect them to go well. 8/1 is an excellent EW price. Sadly, the 40/1 about Chasetown didn't last - a widespread 20s now. They finished tenth last season, after injuries had hampered their season. They've draughted in some experience and I still think they're a sporting EW play at this price. There are a number of other sides who'll go well this year, I'm sure. Garry Flitcroft's Chorley arrive with almost all of last season's excellent squad intact, although Jack Dorney - whose goal-a-game exploits were name-checked on here last season - has gone. Chris Denham has been added to the ranks, and I'm sure they'll go well. Bet365 go 20s and I wouldn't put anyone off an EW play. FC United of Manchester didn't appeal to me last season - it looked like 12 months treading water. This season, the squad looks stronger and in better nick. Bradford Park Avenue have been shaved slightly, and John Deacey's squad looks a more coherent prospect than at this time last season. I'm not convinced they've got the ammunition to trouble the likes of Hednesford and Chester, though. Stafford Rangers look set for a season of stabilisation, while Frickley Athletic should do much better than expected. The relegation market will be of real interest this season, as there are few outstanding candidates for the drop currently. If I had a name a top 5, I'd go for Chester, Hednesford Town, Chasetown, Chorley and FCUM.

Re: England > Non-league antepost > Evo-Stik Northern Prem 2011/12

Chester are rightly favourites for this section, but in all honesty the price - a best of 2/1 - is as poor as it gets. They are favourites because they have they have the best squad and the biggest war chest in the section, and they arrive with plenty of momentum from last season. In Michael Wilde (although crocked for the start of the season), Chris Simm, Jamie Rainford from Marine, Matty McNeil from Southport and Mark Reed from Buxton, they have the attacking talent that could unsettle defences from a level higher. Keeping those five happy will be the biggest problem. Boss Neil Young has a solid enough CV, and actually did well last season in turning things around when it looked like they might crumble - a necessary change of style to something a little more direct bore fruit. The pressure he'll be operating under this season will be a notch higher, and though the signs are that he'll cope okay it's not, I think, a given and should be a factor in the price. Given a fair wind, however, Chester should win the title with the resources at their disposal. The strongest challenges, I reckon, will come from Hednesford United and Chasetown. Hednesford finished last season's Southern campaign as one the form-horses, and there's nothing to suggest that Rob Smith won't get them functioning again. They've lost Kyle Patterson - and a huge loss it is - but Mark Danks is a wily campaigner, and the bulk of the successful squad is staying put. With Chester dominating everyone's thoughts, the pressure is off and I expect them to go well. 8/1 is an excellent EW price. Sadly, the 40/1 about Chasetown didn't last - a widespread 20s now. They finished tenth last season, after injuries had hampered their season. They've draughted in some experience and I still think they're a sporting EW play at this price. There are a number of other sides who'll go well this year, I'm sure. Garry Flitcroft's Chorley arrive with almost all of last season's excellent squad intact, although Jack Dorney - whose goal-a-game exploits were name-checked on here last season - has gone. Chris Denham has been added to the ranks, and I'm sure they'll go well. Bet365 go 20s and I wouldn't put anyone off an EW play. FC United of Manchester didn't appeal to me last season - it looked like 12 months treading water. This season, the squad looks stronger and in better nick. Bradford Park Avenue have been shaved slightly, and John Deacey's squad looks a more coherent prospect than at this time last season. I'm not convinced they've got the ammunition to trouble the likes of Hednesford and Chester, though. Stafford Rangers look set for a season of stabilisation, while Frickley Athletic should do much better than expected. The relegation market will be of real interest this season, as there are few outstanding candidates for the drop currently. If I had a name a top 5, I'd go for Chester, Hednesford Town, Chasetown, Chorley and FCUM.
Staying away from us i think after what i've saw pre-season. Granted it is only pre-season but we're playing like we did the end of last season which isn't very good, hoofball etc. I'll wait until the season begins and maybe the price will drift a little bit before i lump anything. we only scraped a 1-0 win with a near full squad at the weekend against Heswall (West Cheshire Amateur League) I really think Chorley will struggle in this league, wouldn't surprise me if they finished below mid-table. Hednesford are worth backing to win it IMO

Re: England > Non-league antepost > Evo-Stik Northern Prem 2011/12 Im far from an expert on this league but I totally agree with Ships on Hednesford and they look a cracking each/way bet at the odds. Great to have your honesty on your own side as well Chester.

Im far from an expert on this league but I totally agree with Ships on Hednesford and they look a cracking each/way bet at the odds. Great to have your honesty on your own side as well Chester.
We're all in the same boat here mate, we started pre season brightly with victories over a mixture of first team/reserves of Tranmere and a decent win over FCUM, also a win over Airbus, were beaten against southport, beat 3-1 tonight against Stalybridge Celtic with a chester lad who i know personally quite well scoring against us. Seems we're trying players out of positions though and taking these games as a workout. Very hard to see how we're gonna start this season, can't see where we're going to get goals now WIlde is out for 2-3 months. :wall:wall:wall:wall

Re: England > Non-league antepost > Evo-Stik Northern Prem 2011/12 At 2/1 there's good reason for keeping your money in your pocket, CFC - the price is just terrible. Losing Wilde is a blow, but there are goals in the squad I think. Hednesford away on the second Saturday - that's one to look forward to!

We're all in the same boat here mate' date=' we started pre season brightly with victories over a mixture of first team/reserves of Tranmere and a decent win over FCUM, also a win over Airbus, were beaten against southport, beat 3-1 tonight against Stalybridge Celtic with a chester lad who i know personally quite well scoring against us. Seems we're trying players out of positions though and taking these games as a workout. Very hard to see how we're gonna start this season, can't see where we're going to get goals now WIlde is out for 2-3 months. :wall:wall:wall:wall[/quote'] Im rather keen on Stalybridge for the BSN so did you go to the game as Id be interested to hear how they are looking.

Im rather keen on Stalybridge for the BSN so did you go to the game as Id be interested to hear how they are looking.
I did mate. They looked strong at the back, didn't play very nice football bu took their chances when they came, if they can do that all season then there's no reason why they can't be there or there abouts.

At 2/1 there's good reason for keeping your money in your pocket' date=' CFC - the price is just terrible. Losing Wilde is a blow, but there are goals in the squad I think. Hednesford away on the second Saturday - that's one to look forward to![/quote'] Rainford can score, so can the other lads, when Wilde is there though there's a sort of feeling that you know we're going to score. hope we can cut out the defensive errors that cost us points last season :hope:hope:hope:hope:hope:hope

Re: England > Non-league antepost > Evo-Stik Northern Prem 2011/12 Skybet's Step 4 numbers are out. Skelmersdale United are 5/1 favourites in the North, and to be honest I wouldn't want to go much past them. They've the rest of the list stitched up nicely, and there isn't much EW value, though I'd take 8/1 Farsley Celtic to be second. The South is much more interesting as a betting proposition. Hucknall Town are terrible value at 8s, and Newcastle Town are poor favourites. Sheffield is the pick for me at 14s, with Kidgsrove Athletic a credible play at the same price.

Re: England > Non-league antepost > Evo-Stik Northern Prem 2011/12 Bradford PA worth a look, maybe, at 15/2? Impressive pre-season form which has seen them win 5 out of 6, scoring 6 at Tadcaster and again at Bishop Auckland, 4 at Brighouse, and win 2-1 at home against a fairly strong-looking Leeds United XI - including Leeds' new goalkeeper Lonergan - and 3-2 against an under-strength Bradford City featuring several triallists. Can't read too much into the pre-season results, I know, but the amount of goals scored looks promising, at least.

Bradford PA worth a look, maybe, at 15/2? Impressive pre-season form which has seen them win 5 out of 6, scoring 6 at Tadcaster and again at Bishop Auckland, 4 at Brighouse, and win 2-1 at home against a fairly strong-looking Leeds United XI - including Leeds' new goalkeeper Lonergan - and 3-2 against an under-strength Bradford City featuring several triallists. Can't read too much into the pre-season results, I know, but the amount of goals scored looks promising, at least.
:ok lump it pal. we will not win it.