** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis - 25-31 July

Re: Tennis - 25-31 July

Christ on a bike, Thomaz Bellucci totally raped poor Alejandro Falla yesterday. The less said about that one the better :unsure On to today. Three selections catch my eye. Fernando Verdasco v Julien Benneteau - Under 21 games AH @ 1.885 with Pinnacle 5pts This is the sort of event that really suits Verdasco because of the conditions. Altitude here makes the ball go quicker and he'll use that to his advantage. Benneteau has done well to get to the quarters and his ranking will rise as a result, but this, I think, will be the end of him. Verdasco has too much power for him and Benneteau is too weak on serve. He gave Matthias Bachinger plenty of chances yesterday but the German couldn't take them. Verdasco thumped Frederico Gil and looked in good form, striking the ball well. What's more, they met last year and Verdasco won 6-2 6-1. Genuine difference in terms of how hard both these men hit the ball, and I fancy the Spaniard to get the job done quickly. Taken the unders as covers a 6-4 6-4, which the -4.5 handicap doesn't.
But 6-4 5-7 6-1 does it :sad

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - 25-31 July Mardy Fish - Igor Kunytsin Under 20.5 games 1.73@triobet! 7/10! Fish is on fire that's for sure, he's potential winner of this tournament. Guys completely preparing for US Open, and have some nasty thoughts in his mind this years grand slam. Igor is brainless player and won just yesterday because of Sweeting's same brainless play ... Fish serves very well, and there's no chance for Igor to break him, He won yesterday completely because Ryan was some kind of over 200 ATP ranking player or even worse. Marion Bartoli - Ayumi Morita Over 19 games 1.8@triobet! 7/10! Well to be honnest, i dont like WTA tennis at all, especially when it takes to a betting ring. But today i will make some adjustment to Ayumis game. Morita won against Ana Ivanovic i got to say easily. 6:3 7:5. Marion is one of the hottest names of the past 3-4 months, but all knows about her brainless hitting and some lose points that she likes to lose. Let's hope that today Ayumi will start good enough to keep an over ... :hope

Re: Tennis - 25-31 July Gulbis vs Del Potro over 20.5 games @1,909 Pinnacle Gulbis apparently in good shape in Los Angeles. In R1, he defeated Malisse after losing the first set. In R2 he easily disposed of the local Kosakowski character 62 64 (would you believe the line was ONLY -4.5? in this match). The important thing to note about these two matches was that these were played early around local noon, so Gulbis clearly was not at his bests. Now Del Potro, the biggest favourite of the tournament is going to face Gulbis at 19:30 local time. Gulbis is pretty consistent at baseline, serving huge and delivering winners in a really impressive fashion. I'd say that Del Potro is correctly a favourite in this match, but Gulbis is not going to be the easy one. Not in an evening match. GL :hope

Sport Tennis
Event Nicolas Almagro - Fernando Verdasco
Selection Nicolas Almagro -1.5 (set handicap) (Asian-handicap)
Strength 1/10
Date 30/07/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bwin @ 2.10
Reasoning Gstaad ATP (SUI) - clay, semifinal. I think that Nicolas Almagro will win in two sets. Fernando Verdasco leads 3-2 in head-to-head series but I give more chances Almagro. The last match they played in Stuttgart two weaks ago and Nicolas won very easy 6-4 6-1. The match lasted only 84 minutes. Fernando had only one break point but Almagro saved it. Nicolas has very strong service - that is his advantage. He has fantastic one-handed backhand. Almagro plays great in rallies so I see many break points for him. He defeated Feliciano Lopez in the last match. Verdasco played against Julien Benneteau and had problems - lost second set. Nicolas Almagro is in great shape - played in the final in Stuttgart, clay is his favourite surface so probably he will win in two sets. Odd is nice.

Re: Tennis - 25-31 July Bellucci to win @ 1.53 sportingbet Belucci appears to be a good bet to me. He looked pretty sharp against Falla yesterday and the courts appear to suit his game. More of a clay man but he can play on hard court. Bogomolov is having a few good runs this season, but I think Belucci should be too good in this match.

Re: Tennis - 25-31 July Serena Williams to win @ 1.72 William Hill A lot of things to consider here, but in the end I think the price on Serena Williams is acceptable. A big test for her on comeback, but she has played fairly well this week and I think she will win. Sharapova yesterday struggled against Hantuchova, and struggled with double faults. In previous matches Serena Williams has the edge, and this is a big match and I think that will help her.

Re: Tennis - 25-31 July Petrova to win @ 1.45 gamebookers I think this may be a comfortable win. Petrova has looked reasonable lately, and beaten a couple of low ranked players lately. Jovanovski has some game, and making improvements. But she has big problems on serve, and I don't think is very comfortable on hard courts as much as clay. Petrova might be under valued due to struggles this year, but she has always been effective in American hard court tournaments.

Re: Tennis - 25-31 July Youzhny vs Granollers - Youzhny to win 1.64 Pinnacle I like the looks of Youzhny winning this match he has faced Granollers twice this season and has won both in straight sets including one on clay. He had previously only reached the quarters at Gstaad but has gone one better reaching the semis and has a good chance to get to the final against an opponent he has done well against. Granollers upset Wawrinka in the last round but Wawa has been prone to shocking results so far this season so i won't read to much into that. Youzhny lost out in the semis in Hamburg last week and should be able to reach the final in Gstaad.

Re: Tennis - 25-31 July Sport Tennis Event Verdasco - Almagro Selection Verdasco -1.5 set (Asian-handicap) Strength 10/10 Date 30/07/2011 Bookmaker/Price Stan James @ 5.00 Reasoning In my opinion Fernando Verdasco win this match in two sets, two high odds. Verdasco is in very good form, semi final in Hamburg in last week, where lose against Almagro and here beating rivals without any problems. Verdasco is hungry for the revange in this match. Almagro yesterday played two matches in singles, two close matches, can be tired. I don't see big difference in skills, Verdasco have bigger potential and must feel confident after fast wins in first rounds. In my opinion Fernando can go to the final after two sets. First set is the most important, if Verdasco win, win this match in two. Sport Tennis Event Fognini - Cilic Selection Fognini -1.5 set (Asian-handicap) Strength 10/10 Date 30/07/2011 Bookmaker/Price Stan James @ 5.00 Reasoning In 2009 at clay court in Monte Carlo Fognini beat Cilic 2-0. In this moment is better player. Fognini have very good clay season, made QF on Roland Garros. Here beat Machado and Rochus without problems and other Italy player Starace in three sets. Form is good. Cilic in first round beat out of form Haase in three sets and eysterday Seppi in two sets, but Seppi play with injury. Fognini is the more stable from the baseline and in my opinion can beat Cilic, if win, win in two sets! Sport Tennis Event Dolgopolov - Ferrero Selection Dolgopolov -1.5 set (Asian-handicap) Strength 10/10 Date 30/07/2011 Bookmaker/Price Betfred @ 4.33 Reasoning Yesterday I bet on Dolgopolov 2-0 win agaisnt Ramos and beat this player without too many problems. Dolgpolov is 27 in ATP ranking, very strong player, in my opinion in future can be TOP10. In this tournament playing very well, beat two clay courters - Volandri and Ramos, both in two sets. Ferrero is not in the best form in my opinion. Concended a set against Gonzalez and Ljubicic, yesterday beat Berlocq 2-0, but in second set after TB. In my opinion Alexandr is stronger in this moment and win this match 2-0.

Re: Tennis - 25-31 July Almagro to win @ 1.44 sportingbet Both good Spanish players but I think Almagro will be a good winner. Almagro has shown excellent form on clay and is always tough to beat. He made final of the tournament last week and semi final so far this week, he is looking good. Verdasco has come through this far, but overall this season not too good as his previous standards. I think a comfortable win. Cilic to win @ 1.52 Titanbet I see Cilic coming through this. Home tournament, struggled earlier in the week, but now with chance of a final he should be strong today. Fognini is ok, but has also struggled a bit, and I would prefer to back Cilic today.

Re: Tennis - 25-31 July Bartoli to win @ 1.53 William Hill I like Bartoli for this match. She has a good record in this event, having won it before and having another final appearance. Seems to play her best tennis here. Looked ok this week, without too close matches and should win here. Cibulkova got an easy win against Erakovic last night but I think Bartoli will have too much hitting power. Peer to win @ 1.44 William Hill Peer seems like a good choice here. Top seed and showed comfortable matches this week. On the other side, Paszek had a very long match yesterday against Dubois in the heat. It lasted nearly 4 hours and will be tough for her to recover for the match today. Peer is a good grinder, and should be able to make Paszek work very hard today. Petrova to win @ 1.25 Ladbrokes Petrova looking in some good form this week and coming to the important part of the tournament. Flaconi has done well so far, but I don't rate her too highly. I think Petrova has the game level and experience to come through without many problems.

Sport Tennis
Event Alex Bogomolov Jr. - Ernests Gulbis
Selection Ernests Gulbis
Strength 1/10
Date 31/07/2011
Bookmaker/Price Betsafe @ 1.50
Reasoning Los Angeles ATP (USA) - hardcourt, semifinal. Ernests Gulbis defeated a great player in the last match - Juan Martin Del Potro in two sets so he should beat Alex Bogomolov Jr.. Ernest Gulbis is a young, very talented player. He likes play aggressively - you can see many dropshots. Gulbis has strong service, his favourite shot is forehand. Alex Bogomolov Jr.'s service is not dangerous. He is playing at home so motivation must be high but Ernests is in great shape. Gulbis defeated Juan Martin del Potro without big problems 6-2 6-4. Everyone knows that del Potro plays splendidly on hardcourts. Juan Martin had only 3 break points and won one. Alex Bogomolov Jr. 's service is weak. Gulbis has more chances for win but he is chimerical player so stake is low.

Sport Tennis
Event Dominika Cibulkova - Marion Bartoli
Selection Marion Bartoli
Strength 1/10
Date 30/07/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.60
Reasoning Stanford WTA Premier (USA) - hardcourt, semifinal. Marion Bartoli should beat Dominika Cibulkova. Marion is in great shape, defeating many good opponents like Victoria Azarenka, Petra Kvitova, Samantha Stosur. Bartoli has played three WTA finals this year. She likes play in Stanford - played in the final in 2008, won in 2009 (defeated Venus Williams in the final), quarterfinal in the last year. Marion Bartoli looks here great - good service, she plays very well in rallies. Dominika Cibulkova's service is not strong so I see many break points for Marion Bartoli. Odd at pinnacle sports is very nice.

Re: Tennis - 25-31 July Serena Williams to win @ 1.33 VC Very good performance I feel from Serena Williams last night. She looked very much in control of her game and close to her best. At that level, she have too much for Lisicki. Lisicki had an excellent run on the grass, and a good run so far here, but at the moment I feel is over valued. Serena Williams a good price I feel. Gulbis to win @ 1.50 Boylesports Gulbis is a very hard man to understand. His performances a lot of the time are very poor, as is his attitude. But when he chooses to play, he can really play. Yesterday he chose to play against Del Potro and hopefully after that he fancies his chances at winning this tournament. Bogomolov I think is average, I was against him yesterday where he lost 1st set 6-1 but managed to come back and win. I will bet against him again and think Gulbis will keep his head and prevail.

Re: Tennis - 25-31 July Granollers to win @ 3.00 Boylesports This price stands out from other bookmakers, and I believe it is too high. Granollers is playing excellently this week, I lost opposing him earlier in the week and he has surprised me. When he is playing well he is a very tough player and can win this final. Verdasco was close to losing against Almagro, but he managed to come through. I see this as a close final and I don't know which way it will go, but at this price hey it's worth a bet.

Re: Tennis - 25-31 July Serena Williams to win @ 1.29 Paddy Power Serena Williams again for me in the final. She has been completely untroubled by Sharapova and Lisicki in the last 2 round, and I see the final going the same way. Bartoli got a walkover in the semi final, I can't see her being prepared to beat Serena Williams in the final.

Re: Tennis - 25-31 July Dolgopolov to win @ 2.30 bet365 I like Dolgopolov after his performances yesterday. Very good win against Ferrero where he was too strong. Cilic is performing well also, and it should be a good final between these guys, but I think I will be betting on Dolgopolov at odds against. Gulbis to win @ 2.77 Pinnacle Gulbis is showing a very high level this week, and continuing this game can beat Fish in the final. Fish had some struggles yesterday despite 6-0 set against Harrison and I don't think he plays too well all week. Gulbis on the other hand is producing his best game, and I like a bet on him in the final.

Re: Tennis - 25-31 July Sport Tennis Event Haase - Starace Selection Haase -1.5 set (Asian-handicap) Strength 10/10 Date 31/07/2011 Bookmaker/Price Unibet @ 3.50 Reasoning In my opinion Robin win this match in two sets. In last season at San Marino clay courts, Haase beat Starace 6-4, 6-4. Haase backing to form after injury, in last week beat Vagnozzi in three sets and lose against Cilic in three, who go to the Final. Kitzhbuhel have fast clay, very good for Robin. Starace can feel very tired, 3 loing matches in last week and long travel, today go to the Kitzbuhel, don't have too many time to court preparation. I see two sets for Dutch player!

Sport Tennis
Event Nadia Petrova - Shahar Peer
Selection Nadia Petrova
Strength 1/10
Date 31/07/2011
Bookmaker/Price William Hill @ 1.73
Reasoning College Park WTA Int'l (USA) - hardcourt, final. We can see very good odd at William Hill for Nadia Petrova's win. Petrova leads 5-0 in head-to-head series so she likes play against Shahar Peer. Petrova has very nice service and she plays great in rallies. Shahar Peer's favourite surface is hardcourt but she had big problems in the last match against Paszek - Peer lost first set, in the second Tamira was serving for the match! Shahar won second and third set. The match was very difficult and lasted 187 minutes. Peer feels tired. I give more chances Petrova.

Re: Tennis - 25-31 July Sport Tennis Event Dolgopolov - Cilic Selection Dolgopolov -1.5 set (Asian-handicap) Strength 10/10 Date 31/07/2011 Bookmaker/Price William Hill @ 4.00 Reasoning If you looking at my picks, you know - in last two matches I betting on the Dolgpolov win in two sets, two times made it. For me today Dolgopolov is in better form than Cilic and if can beat Ferreri in two sets, can do it this against Cilic. Cilic have easy draw here, beat worse players than Alex in my opinion. Only advantage for Marin is home soil. Value odds, must try Sport Tennis Event Petrova - Peer Selection Petrova -1.5 set (Asian-handicap) Strength 10/10 Date 31/07/2011 Bookmaker/Price William Hill @ 3.00 Reasoning Petrova leading 5-0 in H2H against Peer, only one match won in three sets. Both first three matches here winning in straight sets, but for me Petrova looked stronger. Yesterday Peer made very, very lucky win against Paszek. Tamira serving for the match, but miss it. Petrova lose first set against Falconi, but in next two don't give any chances for this girl. For me Nadia make next 2:0 against Peer.

Sport Tennis Event Haase - Starace Selection Haase -1.5 set (Asian-handicap) Strength 10/10 Date 31/07/2011 Bookmaker/Price Unibet @ 3.50 Reasoning In my opinion Robin win this match in two sets. In last season at San Marino clay courts, Haase beat Starace 6-4, 6-4. Haase backing to form after injury, in last week beat Vagnozzi in three sets and lose against Cilic in three, who go to the Final. Kitzhbuhel have fast clay, very good for Robin. Starace can feel very tired, 3 loing matches in last week and long travel, today go to the Kitzbuhel, don't have too many time to court preparation. I see two sets for Dutch player!
6-3, 2-0 and Starace retired wrrr

Re: Tennis - 25-31 July Sport Tennis Event Gulbis - Fish Selection Gulbis Strength 10/10 Date 31/07/2011 Bookmaker/Price 5Dimes @ 3.00 Reasoning In my opinion Gulbis can win this match. Gulbis is in big form, in this tournament beat experience Malisse in three sets(lose first set). In second round beat without any problems home boy Kosakowski 2:0. In QF beat big favourite Del Potro in straight sets. SF two sets against Bogomolov. Gulbis is fresh and really want this title. Fish in last weekend won in Atlanta, here play 4 matches, yesterday long match against Harrison. Can be tired. Serving not working like in last weekend. Fantastic odds, Gulbis is my last bet today!