** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Copa America > 3rd/4th & Final > 23/24 July

Re: Copa America > 3rd/4th & Final > 23/24 July Taking Uruguay early at 2.05 William Hill. They have played probably the best football at the tournament and are deservedly in the final. Cavani is a doubt however. Interesting news from the Paraguay camp today in the way that the manager has a touchline ban from the final due to the aftermath of the semi-final. They have scraped through really winning 2 penalty shootouts so far in the competition, they are yet to win a game in the Copa America having drawn everyone. I think they will finally be beaten by a driven Uruguay side high on confidence.

Re: Copa America > 3rd/4th & Final > 23/24 July Lay Peru @ 3.25 (1.44) In a tight match, I'm backing Venezuela to at least get a draw. They're probably, at least, the second best side in the Copa, but they undeservedly lost in midweek, and will hopefully prove themselves to be the third. Peru have obviously also had a great campaign, but I think they'll lack the spark needed to beat the Venezuelans, a problem not helped by the suspension of key attacker Vargas.

Re: Copa America > 3rd/4th & Final > 23/24 July

Lay Peru @ 3.25 (1.44)
Yeah, wasn't as confident as I'd of liked in this one, as the third-place play-off is essentially a friendly match, a situation where it's impossible to know that mentality of the players. One consolation is Suarez may now miss out on top-scorer, the cheating little w*nker :lol

Re: Copa America > 3rd/4th & Final > 23/24 July Recommendation: Back Diego Lugano to score anytime at 12/1 with WilliamHill Paraguay are difficult to beat and have shown plenty of heart in this tournament to suggest that they won't go down easy to Uruguay. Uruguay are undoubtedly the better team and the temptation is to back them at odds of around evens, but I can't find much value in that price and so will look at other markets for some value. My initial impression on the under/over line is that unders is more likely, but after having looked at the market, 1.5 is just impossible to back, especially when you consider the dangerous attacking men that both teams possess. I am therefore backing Diego Lugano to score at anytime. The Uruguay captain has looked consistently dangerous from set pieces in this Copa America and has been unlucky not to have scored. Paraguay, like most South American teams, can be vulnerable when defending set pieces and Forlan is one of the best at delivering a great cross from a dead ball situation. Therefore, Lugano's odds of 12-1 are of decent value in my opinion.

Re: Copa America > 3rd/4th & Final > 23/24 July I will side with Uruguay to win the copa by beating Paraguay in regular time, they have a talented team no doubt and coupled with the fact they had a day's rest more than their opponents who had to go to penalty's to seal their spot here I think they are a value bet @ 2.00 Ladbrokes.

Taking Uruguay early at 2.05 William Hill. They have played probably the best football at the tournament and are deservedly in the final. Cavani is a doubt however. Interesting news from the Paraguay camp today in the way that the manager has a touchline ban from the final due to the aftermath of the semi-final. They have scraped through really winning 2 penalty shootouts so far in the competition, they are yet to win a game in the Copa America having drawn everyone. I think they will finally be beaten by a driven Uruguay side high on confidence.
Followed with Uruguay @ 2.24 Betfair

Re: Copa America > 3rd/4th & Final > 23/24 July All I have had tonight is 1pt on 1-0 to Uruguay pre-match. (And is currently 1-0 to Uruguay after 35 mins). This was due to obv very little goals being scored in the tourney, Paraguay 0 in their last 2 matches and many games being under 2.5. I don't feel Paraguay have looked like scoring against there previous 2 opponents and Uruguay are def a step up in class and nicking a goal and sitting on it seems as though it will do. Backed it at 6.4 and now is 4.3 so I think I'm going to look to lay it soon as Uruguay look like they have a couple more in them tonight with Forlan going very close twice since the opener. May look to green out when/if it hits around 3.0 or lower. EDIT: Bollox

EDIT: Bollox
:lol Yeah, Uruguay look a class above Paraguay. Surprised I didn't see this one; perhaps my judgement was clouded by my intense hatred for this grubby little side :lol Well done, to all Uruguay backers, anyway.