** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis - 18-24 July

Re: Tennis - 18-24 July Stop this bullshit talk about match fixing. Things like doesn't exist, alright? Even Youzhny today looked as not suspicious as it can possibly be :rollin His match against Rochus in Miami was better, though.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - 18-24 July

I think it's foolish to suggest match fixing doesn't go on and I'd imagine that 90% of fixing involves handicaps/total games or some other markets rather than to actually win/lose the game. Far easier and more difficult to prove. However, this is nowhere near as prevalent as some people here seem to think and will happen very, very rarely (although I still believe Simon did earlier in the season, have never seen anything like that game!). For this reason, I'll never back a match involving him and I'd advise others to keep their own lists. The chances are Simon has never fixed a match in his life and I'm just paranoid (or talking out of my pocket) but at least now I can rest easy when he's playing. Basically, my point is, if you keep backing people and keep calling fix, you shouldn't be making the bets. If YOU have any doubts over a player, pick another match to bet on, there are loads daily. Anyway, to get back on track.... I've backed over 8.5 games 1st set @4/7 bet365 in Zvonareva v Koryttseva. I was impressed with Koryttseva against Bondarenko and she was hitting vey well, albeit profiting from some awful play from her opponent. She won't fear Zvonareva, having beaten her in their only previous meeting and I think she can stay with the Russian in the early exchanges. Zvonareva was poor against Tatishvili. She struggled on serve and gave away a lot of points and break opportunities. She's not quite firing at the moment and is maybe suffering from last year's exploits. I think she'll win eventually but we could see something similar to the Tatishvili match (7-5, 6-7, 6-1) where it stays close before Zvonareva runs away with the final set. There's a lot of scope with the 8.5 game line and it doesn't really matter who serves first, just looking to avoid double breaks...
Lost. Fix :lol

Atlanta Outrights 1.5/5pts Mardy Fish to win - 11/4 with Bet365
Still got the above bet from the beginning of the week so not going to get involved in the Atlanta final. Was tempted by Fish -2 games but decided to leave it. Hamburg final looks tough to call in terms of the handicap. Simon has battled well all week so taking Almagro on the handicap offers no value for me.

Re: Tennis - 18-24 July not sure about the rules of giving out other sites so if im not allowed to do this then please delete. tennisinsight is as good as it gets to be honest tennis stats wise. should have everything you need gl:hope

Atlanta Outrights 1.5/5pts Mardy Fish to win - 11/4 with Bet365
Winner. Despite being a set and a break down Fish battled well to come through a tough match versus Isner. Finished at +11.61 points for the week. More than happy with how things have gone over the last few days.