** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis - 18-24 July

Re: Tennis - 18-24 July Taking an early one for tomorrow as i feel the price may disappear. Will have more later on though..... Andreas Seppi vs Radek Stepanek 3.5/5pts R. Stepanek to beat A. Seppi - 4/6 with Stan James This price is as low as 4/7 with another firm and i think there are valid arguements to say that it could be even shorter than that. The head-to-head record between these two is 2-0 in favour of Stepanek, unsurprisingly in my opinion. Stepanek is by far the more rounded player and is exactly the type that can expose a slightly one-dimensional opponent here. The last of those two meetings was a straight sets win for the 'veteran' and that was earlier this year on the same surface that they will play on here. He had good preparation in the previous round of this tournament in playing Andreas Beck as he is similar to Seppi in that he tries to hit through opponents and i feel Stepanek's ability to mix it up will expose Seppi's lack of movement. Seppi has a big serve but on clay that won't be as effective as when he took a set off Stepanek back in 2008 on the hard courts of Sydney. He was by no means convincing in his first round match and that was against a player who is a notch below Stepanek when he's on form. I think this price represents value and obviously has a great chance of coming in. Therefore, i am more than happy to go with 70% of my max bet confident that the Czech Republic man will come through.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - 18-24 July

Boys' date=' how do you rate chances of Stebe tomorrow against Davydenko? They are going to meet again after last week Stebe´s winner 2-1. This match attracts me a lot ... your opinions?[/quote'] It depends on what sort of bet Davydenko has chosen himself. Would not put a penny on him in a match like this and especially in a tournament like this.

Re: Tennis - 18-24 July Only one for me from Baku on Wednesday. Vesna Dolonts > Ksenia Pervak. 1.79 @ Pinnacle (6/10) Pervak really should have been out of this tournament. She was double break down in the final set against Lertcheewakarn but won only because her opponent is too inexperienced at this level and could not get it done. Pervak had very tough week in Austria and did not impress in her first round match here either. Dolonts crushed Bondarenko despite having problems on serve. Dolonts is fresh, had a day's rest and should get past Pervak.

Re: Tennis - 18-24 July There are a couple of others that catch my eye but just going for the 1 more to add to my Stepanek selection for Hamburg..... Nicolas Almagro vs Lukas Rosol 2/5pts Under 20.5 games - 21/20 with Pinnacle I like Almagro in this match so, with this line, i am basically taking him to get the job done comfortably in straight sets. Almagro had a decent clay season earlier in the year, not losing to anyone that i was surprised to see him failing against up until the French Open. Losing to Ferrer last week wasn't a disgrace either as we all know what he can do on clay, and the way he won his singles matches is encouraging to me for this line. Rosol is a good clay courter but hasn't faced anyone so far this season of similar ability to Almagro. In fact, although he has lost to people like Stepanek and Chela comfortably, he has been beaten easily by players way outside the top 100. He hasn't got enough solid weapons to consistently trouble someone like the Spaniard. I often question the mental side of Almagro's game against players in and around the top 20 but against someone like Rosol, on his favourite surface, i am happy to take this line at odds against.

3 matches from Atlanta for me. Couple of things have been said above as well. Yen-Hsun Lu > Matthias Bachinger. 1.81 @ Pinnacle (7/10) Not the biggest fan of Lu, but he simply can not lose this one, I think. Bachinger played in Challenger tournament over in Canada last week, went all the way to the final where he was beaten in 3 sets. Should be very tired. Won't have much on serve and Lu can do some damage. H2H is 1 win apiece. Lu won his match on outside hard and that is the surface in Atlanta.
Followed you :clap Was a tough game. 7-5 7-6 In second set Bachinger leaded with 0-3 but Lu came back :D

Yen-Hsun Lu vs Matthias Bachinger 2/5pts Over 22.5 games - 11/10 with Pinnacle
7-5 7-6 makes this a winner from my only bet on today's games. +4.2 points for the week. Good shout on the Lu win guys, never really in doubt despite the close scoreline.

Boys' date=' how do you rate chances of Stebe tomorrow against Davydenko? They are going to meet again after last week Stebe´s winner 2-1. This match attracts me a lot ... your opinions?[/quote'] I make Stebe +2.5 games a viable bet but much depends on which Davydenko turns up. He's awfully inconsistent these days, but if you catch him on a good one, he'll munch Stebe. Not one to be trusted at present, although Stebe's lack of serve worries me. He's got plenty of talent but is let down by a weak delivery. Still, he beat the Russian last week, and you wouldn't put it past him doing so again. One on the radar, but won't make a call until tomorrow.

Re: Tennis - 18-24 July :welcome Sport Tennis Event Radek Stepanek - Andreas Seppi Selection Andreas Seppi +2.5(Games) (Asian-handicap) Strength 10/10 Date 20/07/2011 Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.93 Reasoning Radek Stepanek yesterday beat home player Andreas Beck in two sets - 7:5, 7:6, this match be close and Radek not played better. Germany player missed all 4 break points, Radek have only one and take it. Andreas Beck won more points at the return. Seppi can be harder rival, is on 39 position in ATP ranking, higher than Radek. Andreas Seppi go for the win in this game, in last season been in SemiFinal in Hamburg, if loss in this match, go out from the best 50 players on the world. Know about it and want beat Czech Republic player! I put money on Seppi with +2.5 games! Sport Tennis Event Jurgen Melzer - Daniel Gimeno-Traver Selection Jurgen Melzer -3.5(Games) (Asian-handicap) Strength 10/10 Date 20/07/2011 Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.03 Reasoning Jurgen Melzer is 12 player on the world, in this tournament defending SemiFinal from last year. Can't loss in first match, can concended too many points. Melzer in last weekend played first match on clay since Wimbledon and not look bad, yesterday loss in three sets in doubles(next good practice) and can think about only singles. Gimeno-Traver in last months is in terrible form, in first round won after retiretment. In next week have many points to defend in Gstaad. Jurgen Melzer is better player and win this match in two sets with minimum one break more. I put money on Jurgen Melzer -3.5 games! Sport Tennis Event Florian Mayer - Marsel Ilhan Selection Florian Mayer -3.5 (Asian-handicap) Strength 10/10 Date 20/07/2011 Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.90 Reasoning Florian Mayer is 97 position above Marsel Ilhan in ATP ranking, big difference in skills and experience. If Florian don't want out from 20 position must defend points from last year in this tournament, in 2010 at this courts made SemiFinal. Mayers is home player, crowd give extra power and motivation for him. Marsel Ilhan is challanger player, without skills to beat top players. Won Q here and yesterday in very lucky match beat Petzschner(TB in third set). Marsel Ilhan have bad serve, not hard to break. Florian Mayer beat this player in two sets. I put money on Florian Mayer -3.5 games! Sport Tennis Event Nikolay Davydenko - Cedrik Stebe Selection Nikolay Davydenko -2.5(Games) (Asian-handicap) Strength 10/10 Date 20/07/2011 Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.85 Reasoning Nikolay Davydenko is 29 player on the world, in last year here make third round, if want defend points must win in this match. Davydenko in last weekend in Stuttgart played against Cedrik Stebe, won in first set, but lose in next two. Very disappointed result for Russian player funs, but Nikolay in this match can be very hungry for the win, can make revange on young Germany player. Stebe yesterday beat Ferrero in two sets, but Ferrero tanked before next week tournament and been tired after previous week(title in Stuttgart), I put money on Nikolay Davydenko -2.5 games! Sport Tennis Event Fernando Verdasco - Pablo Andujar Selection Over 22 Strength 10/10 Date 20/07/2011 Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.00 Reasoning Pablo Andujar is in very good shape in last weeks, made Final in Stuttgart in previous week, yesterday lose only 4 games against experience Julien Benneteau. Serving very well, give and save two break points in this match. Fernando Verdasco off course have more titles, experience and fame than Andujar, but in this moment is without form and court practise. Sure, Verdasco is claycourt speciallist and can't lose here in two sets, but Andujar is hard rival and three sets are propably. In this year Andujar beat Verdasco in Miami after three long sets. I put money on Over 22 games! Sport Tennis Event Nicolas Almagro - Lukas Rosol Selection Over 20.5 Strength 10/10 Date 20/07/2011 Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.90 Reasoning Nicolas Almagro is 14 player on the world, in this tournament not defending any points, but in next week defending title in Gstaad, maybe think about next tournament? I don't know, but in my opinion can play on 50% of skills in this game. Rosol is not easy player to beat, maybe from the baseline is not magic player, but have huge serve, hard to break. In first round beat in two sets good claycouter from Italy Potito Starace. Concended only one serve game in this match. I feel two close sets. I put money on Over 20.5 games!

Re: Tennis - 18-24 July Atlanta R1: Yen-Hsun Lu v Matthias Bachinger - Yen-Hsun Lu @ 1.909 with Pinnacle 4pts WIN Lu d. Bachinger 7-5 7-6(4). Not totally convincing from Lu but Bachinger coughed up enough errors to get the job done Hamburg R2: Alexandr Dolgopolov v Jarkko Nieminen - Jarkko Nieminen +2 games AH @ 1.87 with Pinnacle 3pts WIN Nieminen d. Dolgopolov 6-3 1-6 6-4. Crazy match. Dolgopolov was 3-0 up in the third and had three points for 4-0 on serve. Nieminen broke and Dolgopolov imploded. Very unstable player at present. Hamburg R1: Andrey Golubev v Philipp Kohlschreiber - Andrey Golubev +4.5 games @ 2.00 with 188bet 2pts LOSS Kohlschreiber d. Golubev 7-5 6-3. So close to a win, as Golubev had a point on his serve to cover the line. Can't complain though, he's been mince for months and now his ranking will plummet to Challenger depths. Hamburg R2: Julian Reister v Guillermo Garcia-Lopez - Julian Reister +3 games AH @ 1.98 with Pinnacle 2pts WIN Reister d. Garcia-Lopez 7-6(5) 6-2. No surprise to see Garcia-Lopez drop out here. Typical muggery from the Spaniard. Atlanta R1: Igor Kunitsyn v Marinko Matosevic - Marinko Matosevic +2.5 games @ 1.98 with 188bet 3pts WIN Matosevic d. Kunitsyn 6-7(3) 6-2 7-5. Once again the Aussie beats the Russian from a set down. Handicap all but covered after the second set. +9.146pts for the day.

Re: Tennis - 18-24 July James Blake vs John Isner 1.5/5pts J. Blake (+3 games) to beat J. Isner AH - 17/20 with Pinnacle I think Blake has a chance here and although the outright win price doesn't offer much value, this line is worth taking. Blake has slipped right down the rankings in recent times but has slowly worked his way back into the top 100 in recent months, that after being as low as 170 back in February. He recorded a good win in the first round against a tricky opponent, albeit an opponent not at his best but the win will still have improved confidence. He comes into this event off the back of a hard-court challenger event win and although none of those were against anyone as good as Isner, wins are wins. That was in from of his home fans and this is too so the extra incentive is there to do well and impress. Isner has said many times previously that if he doesn't break an opponent early in a set he will happily cruise to a tie-breaker so i am hoping that happens here if he is to win a set. He has been in good form himself lately but this is his first match in 10 days and his first back on the hard court. Although his serve is a massive strength on this surface, Blake is not one to roll over and let him dominate too easily and if the latter does get a break ahead Isner isn't someone i would rely on to break back quick enough. I am banking on Isner being a bit cold here to a certain extent, but i do like the chances of Blake and think this offers a bit of value considering a 3 game push is a massive possibility whenever Isner plays.

Re: Tennis - 18-24 July Nice enough day yesterday with 4/5 coming in. Hoping to follow that up with a few winners today. Hamburg R2: Philipp Kohlschreiber v Albert Montanes - Philipp Kohlschreiber -2 games AH @ 1.862 with Pinnacle 6pts Opposed Kohlschreiber yesterday but happy to play him today. Showed that he's up for this week with a good win over Golubev. The German is talented but very patchy, and normally I wouldn't go near him on a handicap. However, this line is pretty small, and he's up against Montanes, who hasn't been playing that well recently and has massive issues on serve. It really let him down in Stuttgart last week. Good in rallies but think he'll give Kohlschreiber more chances than he'll get from the German. Kohlschreiber's had a bad year but has played his best tennis in Germany (he won Halle last month). Montanes isn't in top condition right now. With that in mind, I'll play a line I though would be closer to -3 games. Atlanta R2: James Blake v John Isner - John Isner -3 games AH @ 2.03 with 188bet 4pts Not fooled by Blake's win over Gulbis. He should have lost. Gulbis was 7-5 *5-4 30-0 and ended up chucking it away. Blake also coughed up 20 break points. I really think the American benefitted from a stupid performance from the Latvian. Blake has made headway but against limited opposition in the challengers. That certainly boosts his confidence but he's still way off his best. Isner's a nasty opponent. All about serve but he's quite good at pinching a break when the chance comes. Certainly don't see Blake making inroads into Isner's serve and I can see Isner getting a break chance in each set. Isner wants to do well, he's desperate for a US Open seeding, and he made the final last year in Atlanta. Thought we'd have a -3.5 game line on our hands so this price has plenty of juice left in it. Hamburg R2: Fernando Verdasco v Pablo Andujar - Pablo Andujar +2 games @ 1.901 with Pinnacle 4pts Thought we wouldn't be seeing any handicaps in this one, as it ought to be close. Verdasco has really regressed this year; Andujar is one of the most improved players on the tour. Made Stuttgart final last week and showed no signs of fatigue in beating Benneteau last week. Nice, solid clay courter off the deck - he is the Montanes of this year. Verdasco has more talent and raw power in his locker but seems to want to keep it in there for this year. Really hasn't kicked on at all from late 2009, and seems to play better these days on quick surfaces. Andujar beat him this year (overall H2H is 1-1) and considering the recent fortunes of this year, wouldn't be a massive surprise if he does so again. Hamburg R2: Radek Stepanek v Andreas Seppi - Andreas Seppi +2.5 games @ 1.85 with Pinnacle 4pts Saw this bet mentioned earlier and I agree. Seppi is one of those players who is let down by his serve. Really gorgeous, languid strokes off the deck, but he gets punished by a weak delivery. Even still, I think he'll be fine against Stepanek, because the Czech isn't a great returner. He'll do a lot of work at the net. Clay isn't his best surface either, and Seppi made the semis here last year, so has a fair amount to defend. Only concern is that Stepanek leads the H2H 2-0 and won on clay this year against the Italian. That was Protesjov though, Stepanek's backyard. Expect it to be a lot closer here. :hope

Re: Tennis - 18-24 July Marsel Ilhan +4 > Florian Mayer @1,917 Pinnacle This bet is based upon the assimption that Florian Mayer is not 100% fit after his Davis Cup match against Gasquet. He was leading 2-0, then somethin happened with his leg and Gasquet easily won 3 subsequent sets. One week later in Stuttgart, Mayer was easily defeated by Del Bonis 62 63. In Hamburg, Mayer played doubles with Kohlschreiber, but were defeated by Marach/Peya. All in all, I would not put a penny on Mayer these days despite the fact that he defends semifinal from the last year. Ilhan is not entierly lame on clay, actually this is his best surface, and chances are good that he will take advantage and make it tight. If Mayer wins first set, he may well tank in the second this letting the handicap come through.

Marsel Ilhan +4 > Florian Mayer @1' date=917 Pinnacle This bet is based upon the assimption that Florian Mayer is not 100% fit after his Davis Cup match against Gasquet. He was leading 2-0, then somethin happened with his leg and Gasquet easily won 3 subsequent sets. One week later in Stuttgart, Mayer was easily defeated by Del Bonis 62 63. In Hamburg, Mayer played doubles with Kohlschreiber, but were defeated by Marach/Peya. All in all, I would not put a penny on Mayer these days despite the fact that he defends semifinal from the last year. Ilhan is not entierly lame on clay, actually this is his best surface, and chances are good that he will take advantage and make it tight. If Mayer wins first set, he may well tank in the second this letting the handicap come through.
Why would Mayer tank the second set, if he's won the first? Surely he'd look to close out the second set to do it as quickly as possible. He personally won't give a monkey's about the handicap.

Re: Tennis - 18-24 July Hi guys, 2 picks for the ATP Hamburg tomorrow: SIMON TO DEFEAT NIEMINEN @ 1.54 on pinnaclesports YOUZHNY TO DEFEAT REISTER @ 1.41 on pinnaclesports Simon is a great player on clay very consistent, actually his game is very similar to Murray. Nieminen is a talented left-handed player with good game for all surfaces but on clay Simon's consistency and good recent form should be an advantage. A gap in class between Youzhny and Reister. Reister has good forehand and good serve but Youzhny is really a better overall player. Plus historically Youzhny always plays well on German clay.

Yen-Hsun Lu > Matthias Bachinger. 1.81 @ Pinnacle (7/10) :ok Marinko Matosevic > Igor Kunitsyn. 2.33 @ Pinnacle (5/10) :ok Grigor Dimitrov vs Rajeev Ram. Over 21.5 games. 1.80 @ Bwin (6/10) :eyes Vesna Dolonts > Ksenia Pervak. 1.79 @ Pinnacle (6/10) :eyes
+/-

Andreas Seppi vs Radek Stepanek 3.5/5pts R. Stepanek to beat A. Seppi - 4/6 with Stan James Nicolas Almagro vs Lukas Rosol 2/5pts Under 20.5 games - 21/20 with Pinnacle
2/2 today to make it +4.45 points for the day and +8.85 points for the week. Almagro's could have been easier after dropping a break in that final set whilst Stepanek wasn't overly troubled for the most part.

2/2 today to make it +4.45 points for the day and +8.85 points for the week. Almagro's could have been easier after dropping a break in that final set whilst Stepanek wasn't overly troubled for the most part.
Some good calls there Mirage :ok

Re: Tennis - 18-24 July Couple matches from Atlanta that have caught my eye Yen-Hsun Lu -2.5 vs Marinko Matosevic. 1.80 @ Bet365 (6/10) Matosevic did a great job yesterday by beating Kunitsyn but that match was horrible to watch. Marinko failed to serve out the first set @ 5-3, 30-0, threw it away in the tie-break and looked like he doesn't bother to play at the start of the 2nd set. Good thing Kunitsyn did not want to play serious stuff either. Matosevic won in the end but it could have been completely different. Lu definitely a better player, especially on return and in baseline rallies. There were a lot of lazy plays by Matosevic last night and he can not afford to play like that today. Pick Lu with -2.5 games in this one. Gilles Muller -2 vs Robby Ginepri. 1.81 @ Pinnacle (4/10) Ginepri long time since he was in decent form. Beating out of form Haas is no big deal and I really don't think he can deal with Muller at this particular stage of the season. Mulller is playing great tennis, serves flying down like rockets and it will be very hard for Ginepri to get breaks. He was not that good on his own deal yesterday with Haas having 8 break points, the German converted just two. Ginperi has beaten Muller two times out of three but that was in 2005 when he clearly was in way better form than right now. He's played only three tournaments this year and lost to guy like Rhyne Williams in Aptos Challenger last week. That's just not good enough at the moment.

Re: Tennis - 18-24 July Couple selections for Baku as well Elena Bovina vs Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova. Over 18.5 games. 1.90 @ Bwin (5/10) This line is too short because Pavly is in a spot of bother. She was so so poor in her first round match against compatriot teenager Soloveva but won because she's more experienced - 7-5, 6-4 was the result and it could have been a lot worse for Anastasia. She served 25(!) double faults. That's awful. Besides she had some sort of injury as well. Anyway, Bovina decent player and can make at least one good set out of this match. They have played once before and it was a 3-setter in Stockholm qualies in 2008. Pavlyuchenkova will gift some games on serve for sure and it has to closer match than many expect. 5.5 games on Bovina looks good as well but I'm afraid of a result like 1-6, 5-7. Vera Zvonareva -6.5 vs Kristina Kucova. 1.83 @ Bet365 (6/10) Saw their match in Aussie Open eralier this year. Kucova managed to win just two games and that was early on in the first set. Zvonareva even managed to gift one game with double faults. Kucova really average player, backhand is terrible and she most of the time is scared of top players. Should be a hammering in this match.

Re: Tennis - 18-24 July Cheers Atko, there's been a lot of good calls this week by a number of people in this thread so heres hoping it can be kept up. At least one of us should have some success in the Blake-Isner match ;) Tobias Kamke vs Marin Cilic 2/5pts T. Kamke to beat M. Cilic - 5/4 with Paddy Power Cilic is priced up as short as 4/7 in places and i just cannot be having that in this match-up. Cilic is a player whose matches i rarely get involved in but i feel the price on his opponent here represents good value as it is an 11/10 shot in my book. His first match here resulted in a 2-1 win against a player who can be descibed as 'average' at best. He was put under heavy pressure a few times and did well to save 10/12 break points. That was his first win in over a month and he didn't do much to convince me he should be heavy favourite in the next match he plays. He is consistently inconsistent, one of the worst at it inside the top 100 - when at his best in one set he can throw in a stinker the next. Tobias Kamke is playing at home in this tournament and has impressed me enough to think that he is worth siding with for this match. He has recorded 2 fine wins so far, beating 2 good clay courters convincingly - constantly causing pressure when his opponent is serving. He may not serve the bombs game in, game out like Cilic does but he is solid behind his serve and can also at times mix it up by coming to the net. Kamke is a player full of confidence having performed well so far here when faced with tough tasks. Yes, he may have to step up another level for this if Cilic is anywhere near his A-Game but i don't trust the Croat enough in this kind of match to be that good. Therefore, i will take the player with the better match practice and form at nice odds to get the job done.

Re: Tennis - 18-24 July Hamburg R2: Philipp Kohlschreiber v Albert Montanes - Philipp Kohlschreiber -2 games AH @ 1.862 with Pinnacle 6pts PUSH Kohlschreiber d. Montanes 6-1 3-2 ret. Really gutted that Montanes retired as this was on for a win and would have done some cosmetic surgery on the profit/loss. Nevermind, I'll be the beneficiary of such retirements in due course. Atlanta R2: James Blake v John Isner - John Isner -3 games AH @ 2.03 with 188bet 4pts LOSS Isner d. Blake 7-6(8) 6-7(3) 7-5. Hugely disappointing as Isner was a set and a break up. Mirage got this one spot on so congrats to him. Hamburg R2: Fernando Verdasco v Pablo Andujar - Pablo Andujar +2 games @ 1.901 with Pinnacle 4pts LOSS Verdasco d. Andujar 6-2 6-3. Andujar held serve once. Tells you all you need to know. Hamburg R2: Radek Stepanek v Andreas Seppi - Andreas Seppi +2.5 games @ 1.85 with Pinnacle 4pts LOSS Stepanek d. Seppi 6-1 7-5. Seppi only won two points on serve in the first set. Improved in the second and served for it at 5-3 but choked. Doubtful he would have completed the job in any case. -12pts for the day. Had better.

Re: Tennis - 18-24 July Bovina reached new lows in throwing away matches today. That was so pathetic. Not returning mid-court balls and not even bothering to move one feet to either side to get the ball, I mean what the hell was that? Should get banned from tour. There are all sorts of ways you can lose a match you don't want to win but this was just bizzare.

Re: Tennis - 18-24 July Is it just me or is every bet that you lose down to players not trying/suspicious circumstances? Bit harsh claiming someone should be banned from the tour just because she lost a match.

Is it just me or is every bet that you lose down to players not trying/suspicious circumstances? Bit harsh claiming someone should be banned from the tour just because she lost a match.
Yes, it is 100000% case all the time :lol Just kidding. But there are lots of matches that are messed up. I'd suggest to watch matches on video rather to follow via livescore. There are lot of interesting things to see there. First set was ok by Bovina today, but after that there was no effort, not chasing easy balls, nothing at all. I mean mid-court balls were left to fly bye. Even disabled person would have got to some balls that she did not even bother returning. And she was not injured, just did not want to play. That's just the way it goes sometimes. People should now about these things, don't they? Of course, I got upset sometimes with these idiots, but it's not like every bet that I lose is because it was thrown away by player I picked. For example, Muller also lost the bet the other day but did not say anything about that match or Vesna Dolonts for that matter, too.

Yes, it is 100000% case all the time :lol Just kidding. But there are lots of matches that are messed up. I'd suggest to watch matches on video rather to follow via livescore. There are lot of interesting things to see there. First set was ok by Bovina today, but after that there was no effort, not chasing easy balls, nothing at all. I mean mid-court balls were left to fly bye. Even disabled person would have got to some balls that she did not even bother returning. And she was not injured, just did not want to play. That's just the way it goes sometimes. People should now about these things, don't they? Of course, I got upset sometimes with these idiots, but it's not like every bet that I lose is because it was thrown away by player I picked. For example, Muller also lost the bet the other day but did not say anything about that match or Vesna Dolonts for that matter, too.
I know as well as you do that some matches have suspicious elements, especially in the smaller events. It's appears even more evident in matches that are televised and we can watch. I've seen plenty where I've thought, 'something is up'. Proving it is extremely difficult, as we both know. I think sometimes, and I speak for all tennis punters, we are a little quick to jump to the conclusion that there is foul play involved. Tennis players are humans, not robots, and like in all individual sports, they go through spells when they can't be arsed, or just give up. I don't think it's because they've been paid to do it, it could down to many factors: loss of interest, a poor call, lack of concentration, laziness, illness, etc. And in particular, women are hormonal. They get messed up in the head. Pressure and lack of concentration are other factors. We are all guilty of it - sometimes we need to realise that bets don't come in for a reason, and that is that we were wrong. You're right, there are plenty of losing bets that you post and there aren't suspicious. Perhaps I am being unfair in flagging you up, because you're not the only one and a proven successful tipster. I suppose it's a general observation I want to raise. Of course, matches fall foul of mafia in the game, but they are a small percentage. Anyway, enough of my ramblings. Back to the tennis.

Re: Tennis - 18-24 July A couple of bets I want to share. Not in consistent form right now but hopeful these can be successful. Hamburg R3: Nicolas Almagro v Philipp Kohlschreiber - Philipp Kohlschreiber +2.5 games @ 1.901 with Pinnacle 5pts Not sure the bookies should be offering us an extra half game. Almagro is probably a justified favourite but Kohlschreiber appears in decent nick this week. As I said yesterday, he plays well in Germany and is confident. He also raises his game against better players and I expect a really tight match. H2H is 2-2, they've both won against each other on clay. Almagro wasn't convincing against Rosol yesterday, nor in Bastad. He's a very capable clay courter but prone to the odd moment of madness. Kohlschreiber isn't bombproof either but I think he'll be pretty motivated to win this one. Might not do that but expect him to ask serious questions of the Spaniard. Hamburg R3: Gael Monfils v Radek Stepanek - Over 21.5 games @ 2.09 with Pinnacle 3pts I had this down as an over 22 line. Not because Stepanek is a world beater, but because he has an abrasive game and Monfils is capable of having a nightmare set. He may have beaten Ramos in straights but gave the wee Spaniard some chances. He just couldn't take them. Stepanek seems to be playing well this week. Beat Beck and Seppi easily enough and will test Monfils. H2H is 4-2 Monfils and, to be fair, most of them have gone under. That in itself is a reason to keep the stake low. Monfils, however, has been ropey of late, giving his opponents chances. 21.5 could be covered in one set, so at nice odds I think it's worth a play. :hope

Re: Tennis - 18-24 July i was on the overs in Bovina-Pavy and actually watched it myself. Unfortunately, Bovina decided as soon as she got broken in the first game of the second set that she was going to mail it in. Was her shoulder bothering her? I doubt it, she conceded the match right there and gave lazy effort the rest of the way. I was thinking to myself, someone who loses confidence and this lazy...no wonder she often fails to qualify for WTA events and will be meddling between wta and challengers. But we move on...

Bovina reached new lows in throwing away matches today. That was so pathetic. Not returning mid-court balls and not even bothering to move one feet to either side to get the ball' date=' I mean what the hell was that? Should get banned from tour. There are all sorts of ways you can lose a match you don't want to win but this was just bizzare.[/quote'] Disgaree here. I watched this match (had no bet) and I think it was all about Pavlyuchenkova. She started badly then found a bit of rhythm after holding her second service game (just!). After she broke back Bovina collapsed a bit but I think it was due to the increased pressure Pav was putting her under. You have to remember that Bovina is world number 307, she isn't a good or consistent player and she's up against the number 13 in the world and 2nd seed here. This result wasn't a shock at all and the only way she was going to beat Pav was if the Russian produced another shambolic service performance (if so would you call fix, would certainly seem more likely?).

A couple of bets I want to share. Not in consistent form right now but hopeful these can be successful. Hamburg R3: Nicolas Almagro v Philipp Kohlschreiber - Philipp Kohlschreiber +2.5 games @ 1.901 with Pinnacle 5pts Not sure the bookies should be offering us an extra half game. Almagro is probably a justified favourite but Kohlschreiber appears in decent nick this week. As I said yesterday, he plays well in Germany and is confident. He also raises his game against better players and I expect a really tight match. H2H is 2-2, they've both won against each other on clay. Almagro wasn't convincing against Rosol yesterday, nor in Bastad. He's a very capable clay courter but prone to the odd moment of madness. Kohlschreiber isn't bombproof either but I think he'll be pretty motivated to win this one. Might not do that but expect him to ask serious questions of the Spaniard. Hamburg R3: Gael Monfils v Radek Stepanek - Over 21.5 games @ 2.09 with Pinnacle 3pts I had this down as an over 22 line. Not because Stepanek is a world beater, but because he has an abrasive game and Monfils is capable of having a nightmare set. He may have beaten Ramos in straights but gave the wee Spaniard some chances. He just couldn't take them. Stepanek seems to be playing well this week. Beat Beck and Seppi easily enough and will test Monfils. H2H is 4-2 Monfils and, to be fair, most of them have gone under. That in itself is a reason to keep the stake low. Monfils, however, has been ropey of late, giving his opponents chances. 21.5 could be covered in one set, so at nice odds I think it's worth a play. :hope
I'm not sure about either of these. Montanes didn't turn up against Kohlschreiber and the German hasn't been playing well enough to suggest he'll beat Almagro (who has won more matches on clay this year than anyone else on tour). The line doesn't leave that much wiggle room and I'd rather be on Almagro (-2.5) to be honest. Monfils overs is a coin toss. The Frenchman is at a career high ranking, which suggests he's doing something right and Stepanek is 32 now. He was annihilated by GGL last week and he could easily get blown off court by Monfils. I wouldn't recommend betting on that happening but I also wouldn't bet against it. FWIW I'm taking: Verdasco (-3.5) @1.80 bet365 against Stebe Verdasco was impressive against Andujar, winning 6-2, 6-3, and looked like he wanted to win again after some shaky recent performances. He could do with picking up some ranking points ahead of the US Open and this is as good a place as any to get them. Stebe wasn't particularly impressive against Davydenko and should really have lost the second set but well, it's Davydenko. I was annoyed I missed opposing the Russian. Verdasco should prove too powerful for Stebe today and I could see this one finishing 6-2, 6-3 or something like that. When Verdasco's on, he can be very difficult to stop. Stebe lost 6-2, 6-1 to Andujar last week and since then he's faced an exhausted Ferrero and Davydenko, it's not like he's beaten anybody.