** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Copa America > Sunday 17th July

Re: Copa America > Sunday 17th July Overs or a Paraguay handicap, I think. Brazil have started scoring, but their defence is struggling, and I think this could be another entertaining one. I think Brazil will go through, but narrowly, hence the handicap on the Paraguayans. Think Venezuela could be the potential shock of the round. Chile have, for me, maybe played the best football of the tournament, but they struggle to convert their chances, and things could get frustrating here.

Re: Copa America > Sunday 17th July Brazil v Paraguay both to score @ 2.05 (Hills) Both sides looking decent in attack and poor in defence. Brazil have just scored four against Ecuador, but conceded two, with goalkeeper Cesar looking particulary out of form. Paraguay coming off the back of surrendering a 3-1 lead to Venezuela. Obviously the two teams played out a 2-2 in the group stage.

Re: Copa America > Sunday 17th July Paraguay + 0.5,1 @ 2.0 As far as I'm concerned, there is huge value in this bet. Sure Brazil has the potential to score lots of goals with the players they have, but with the fragile defense they have it probably all evens out in the end, but Paraguay can lose 1-0 and you still don't lose your money. At 2.0 odds, it seems like a bargain given the facts that surround this event. The fact is that Brazil has not played well this Copa America, they have had their moments, no doubt, against Venezuela in their first match I thought they played very well in the first half, they had great moments as well against Ecuador, but overall they have the same problem that Argentina had, they have lots of individualities, but not a team. With the defenders and goalkeeper they have they shouldn't be conceding silly goals, but they are. They look ridiculously weak in defense. It has and it can cost them further more. I'll put that down to the coach not doing his job with his defense. It has to be said though, that laying Maicon against Ecuador won Brazil the match, I said it all along – play Maicon. He played Maicon and Brazil changed. Dani Alvez is overrated. Paraguay on the other hand has played quite well this Copa America, but the lapses in concentration at the end of matches have cost them deeply. You can't concede 3 goals in the last 2 minutes of two games. That’s crazy, and hopefully Paraguay’s good coach has had a good talk with his players and this won’t happen again. Expect a tight match, probably several goals. Much like last time these two met. Expect both teams to score too. I think this will end in a draw and we will witness another match going to overtime. Anyhow, let’s hope for a boring draw and some nice money coming our way.

Re: Copa America > Sunday 17th July International Soccer 2011 Overall 12W-7L-5P +3.20 units (63.15%) Chile -148 to win 1 unit @ 5dimes I am taking Chile to win the game outright in regulation for no reason other then I think they will probably win this tournament and I can't see them struggling with this shitty team.

Re: Copa America > Sunday 17th July Brazil v Paraguay Paraguay 2 or More Goals 3/1 4pts Paraguay 3 or More Goals 16/1 1pt Paraguay 4 or More Goals 66/1 1pt All with Betfred These two played out a 2-2 draw in the group stages I think we'll see goals again here. After both firing blanks in their opening group games they have seemed to open up at both ends, both sides had 6 goals in their last game, Brazil have conceaded 4 goals in their last two matches, whilst Paraguay have netted 5. With Paraguay knowing they can get after this Brazilian defence they may feel that going after them in the best way. 4 Goals is a longshot but I think they'll create a good few chances this evening and if they take them, they could well get 4.

Re: Copa America > Sunday 17th July Venezuela AH + 1.5 @ 1.45 (Bet365) Chile have played possibly the most attractive football in the Copa, but the problem is they struggle to take their chances. Venezuela will dig in, as per usual, and look to nick a goal on one of their effective counter-attacks. Chile should boss possession, but I can see Venezuela frustrating them this evening.

Re: Copa America > Sunday 17th July

International Soccer 2011 Overall 12W-7L-5P +3.20 units (63.15%) Chile -148 to win 1 unit @ 5dimes I am taking Chile to win the game outright in regulation for no reason other then I think they will probably win this tournament and I can't see them struggling with this shitty team.
Sorry, but Venezuela is not a shitty team. Chile is the better team in this one, but it sure won't be an easy affair. Maybe a live bet on Chile would be better for you? Chile never scored in a first half so far this Copa America. Anyhow, I don't recommend high stakes on this one. Chile's defense is fragile and Venezuela have some attackers that can really hurt them, I wouldn't discard putting a handicap bet on Venezuela.

Re: Copa America > Sunday 17th July 3pts - Brazil v Paraguay over 2.5 goals @ 1.91 Various Won't go into that much detail as I will only be covering what others have already said Basically the strength of both teams is the attack. We already have a 2-2 from the group stages to go by and I dont see any reason why this game shouldn't have goals in it. GL 2 ALL Just went to place the bet after posting and got 2.00 @ Bet365 - Every little helps

Re: Copa America > Sunday 17th July Yep, tough break, lost big on it, was on both to score and over 2.5..who would have bet on Brazil missing 4 penalties in a shoot out though!? :lol..can't imagine that has ever happened before..the penalty spot was disintegrating but Christ, they only hit the target with one pen!

Yep' date=' tough break, lost big on it, was on both to score and over 2.5..who would have bet on Brazil missing 4 penalties in a shoot out though!? :lol..can't imagine that has ever happened before..the penalty spot was disintegrating but Christ, they only hit the target with one pen![/quote'] lol yeah, even USA/Japan chicks scored more :rollin

Re: Copa America > Sunday 17th July Probably would of prefered Brazil to of gone through really. They were sh*te, but at least they tried to win the match. Paraguay's negativity was disappointing and surprising; think we'd of all been on the unders had we known they were gonna adopt that tactic.

Re: Copa America > Sunday 17th July 1-1, but even when they score it is only in off the bar. Chile are dominating this game, but I'm not sure they can convert another chance to win this in normal time despite the amount they are making. Maybe that was the boost they needed though.

Sorry, but Venezuela is not a shitty team. Chile is the better team in this one, but it sure won't be an easy affair. Maybe a live bet on Chile would be better for you? Chile never scored in a first half so far this Copa America. Anyhow, I don't recommend high stakes on this one. Chile's defense is fragile and Venezuela have some attackers that can really hurt them, I wouldn't discard putting a handicap bet on Venezuela.
I hate to have to say I told you so, but.... I told you so.

Brazil v Paraguay both to score @ 2.05 (Hills)
Venezuela AH + 1.5 @ 1.45 (Bet365)
Assessment of Brazil above :lol Things that irks me a bit about the other one is some people would say Venezuela weren't value, but they've won that bet with two goals to spare.

Re: Copa America > Sunday 17th July In all fairness Chile were pretty hard done by. They got suckered by two set-pieces. Chile played some lovely tight football and I think it's a shame they are out. As for Brazil, if you decide to do an 'i'm the shit run up' in a penalty shoot-out you simply have to score. Elano and Fred look like total tossers.

In all fairness Chile were pretty hard done by. They got suckered by two set-pieces. Chile played some lovely tight football and I think it's a shame they are out. As for Brazil, if you decide to do an 'i'm the shit run up' in a penalty shoot-out you simply have to score. Elano and Fred look like total tossers.
Pablo put this up in the general chat forum videos bit:
:lol