Announcements
** September Nap's Competition Result: 1st Boulder5111, 2nd Craig Bluenose, 3rd Barnsley Chop, 4th Zilzalian KO Cup: Bathtime For Rupert, Most Winners: Waggy**
**September Poker League Result : 1st Kevsul £75, 2nd Gemic £45, 3rd Barry John £30**
** Last Man Standing Result - Ivailobg/Cookro split 1st £125 / Larking22 1st Consolation Cup £50 **

Copa America > Saturday 16th July

Re: Copa America > Saturday 16th July Think it'll be the unders or Colombia in that one. Possibly a question of how many goals Peru can limit the Colombians to, and they've been solid so far. Very confident at the moment that Colombia will progress, but doubt I'd be confident enough to back them to do it in the ninety. Maybe overs in Argentina, at over evens. Definitely think the hosts will go through against the, in my opinion, overrated Uruguayans. Seems to be goals when Uruguay play the bigger sides, with their iffy defence, and Argy looked like they'd sorted the attacking side of their game against Costa Rica.

Re: Copa America > Saturday 16th July Colombia vs Peru under 2.5 @ 1.66 (Betfair) Two very underish sides playing in an important knockout match. 80% of Colombia's games and 70% of Peru's games in the last three years have gone under, including the last three meetings between the sides. 8 of the last games from both sides have gone under. According to a preview I read here http://blogs.bettor.com/Copa-America-2011-Quarterfinals-preview-Colombia-versus-Peru-a83448 Peru will play a 5-man midfield. Not sure how reliable the source is but it makes sense. Bookies have this priced considerably lower, Bet365 for instance go 1.53 at the moment.

Re: Copa America > Saturday 16th July Colombia - Peru total under 2 @ 2.1 Pinnacle Peru is the way better than Bolivia and will definitely play defencely. Colombia scored 3 conceded 0, Peru scored 2 conceded 2. Peru are not strong offensively, and i think most probably 1 goal totally for both would be enough. i suppose the game will end 1-0 for Colombia. equal chabces are for 0-0 and 1-1. the least probable results i think are more than 2 goals for both Uruguay - Argentina total over 2,5 @ 2.1 Pinnacle although Uruguay have 3 forwards they are not definitely an offensive team. Copa America really started from the 3rd round but either not for them or they didn't show their potential yet. anyways i think they are capable of scoring at least once. Forlan is not good this year, but other stars especially Suarez look better to me on the other hand, i doubt Argentina will play cautiosly. i suppose the FT will end 2-1 to Argentina. i don't really care who wins, i just think over 2.5 for these teams @ 2.1 is worth trying

Re: Copa America > Saturday 16th July I've got the same impression of the Colombia-Peru match as everyone else but I don't like taking unders (or overs) at such prices. I've been impressed with how Colombia operate as a team and they are rightly favourites against Peru. Their D has been pretty dominant thus far and I don't think Peru can trouble them that much. Neither side is free-flowing and attacking so goal opportunities may be at a premium. So far as I know there are no key missings D wise for Colombia. I suppose it is testament to their performance that Zapata can't get in the side. I think Colombia will have to score 2 goals for the unders to be threatened but I still can't get tempted by the price. Given my opinion of Peru's attacking threat I'm going to take Colombia to keep a clean sheet. Colombia to keep a clean sheet - 2.00 - 5 points - Bet365

Re: Copa America > Saturday 16th July Colombia v Peru under 2.5 @ 1.66 (Betfair) I think this price is fair enough. I'm confident Colombia will go through, but Peru have done really well so far, and I think are being a little underestimated. Even so, I see this being a case of when Colombia will make the breakthrough, which hopefully won't be until about the 89th minute :lol Edit: Forgot pg_yid had already put this one up :)

Re: Copa America > Saturday 16th July International Soccer 2011 Overall 10W-7L-5P +0.60 units (58.82%) Peru +0.5 (+116) to bet 1 unit @ 5dimes Both teams have played pretty well so far in this tourny. So I like the + odds on a team that can possibly take this game to extra time or winning outright. Uruguay +0.5 (+144) to bet 1 unit @ 5dimes Even though Argentina is at home and they clearly have the advantage, Uruguay can keep this a close game. They have enough up front to sneak a goal in. Argentina just hasn't played well enough so far for me to back them to win outright.

Re: Copa America > Saturday 16th July Argentina v Uruguay both to score @ evens (Skybet) Argentina obviously found their scoring boots in the last match, and could of had six. It'll be tough for Uruguay's suspect defence to keep out a foursome of Aguero, Di Maria, Messi and Higuain. At the same time, the defence has looked porous, and even without Cavani, Uruguay should still cause them problems.

Re: Copa America > Saturday 16th July Million Dollar man with another million dollar bet, and this time I hope a own goal in the last minute of the game wont **** it up. Hardly time to explain, but under 2.5 goals is golden even at 1.60. Peru hasn't gone over 2 goals in their last 10 games meanwhile Colombia, who you would think has scored more goals has an even better record in unders going 13 games now in a row without there being more than 2 goals. Peru is going to play defensively, and Colombia wont go all out risking everything to attack either, so expect a very tactical game, much like chess. Probably a 0-0 which pays is a good bet. A draw at full time is our most likely result. A draw at halftime is a good bet as well. A Peru +1 handicap at 1.8 is good too, as I can't see Colombia winning by more than one goal anyway. This has draw written all over it. Don't know what the odds are like now, I looked this morning and it looks like a lot of people have backed Peru because the odds on a Colombia win have gone up incredibly, still not worth it.

Re: Copa America > Saturday 16th July

Colombia v Peru under 2.5 @ 1.66 (Betfair) I think this price is fair enough. I'm confident Colombia will go through, but Peru have done really well so far, and I think are being a little underestimated. Even so, I see this being a case of when Colombia will make the breakthrough, which hopefully won't be until about the 89th minute :lol Edit: Forgot pg_yid had already put this one up :)
Happy with that. Stunned to see Colombia go out.

Argentina v Uruguay both to score @ evens (Skybet) Argentina obviously found their scoring boots in the last match, and could of had six. It'll be tough for Uruguay's suspect defence to keep out a foursome of Aguero, Di Maria, Messi and Higuain. At the same time, the defence has looked porous, and even without Cavani, Uruguay should still cause them problems.
15mins in, bet done :drums

Million Dollar man with another million dollar bet, and this time I hope a own goal in the last minute of the game wont **** it up. Hardly time to explain, but under 2.5 goals is golden even at 1.60. Peru hasn't gone over 2 goals in their last 10 games meanwhile Colombia, who you would think has scored more goals has an even better record in unders going 13 games now in a row without there being more than 2 goals. Peru is going to play defensively, and Colombia wont go all out risking everything to attack either, so expect a very tactical game, much like chess. Probably a 0-0 which pays is a good bet. A draw at full time is our most likely result. A draw at halftime is a good bet as well. A Peru +1 handicap at 1.8 is good too, as I can't see Colombia winning by more than one goal anyway. This has draw written all over it. Don't know what the odds are like now, I looked this morning and it looks like a lot of people have backed Peru because the odds on a Colombia win have gone up incredibly, still not worth it.
:notworthy 5 bets won on this game. 0-0 = bet won under 2.5 = bet won Draw FT= bet won Draw at half time = bet won Peru +1 = bet won I told ya you should have followed me, one million dollar bet indeed!

:notworthy 5 bets won on this game. 0-0 = bet won under 2.5 = bet won Draw FT= bet won Draw at half time = bet won Peru +1 = bet won I told ya you should have followed me, one million dollar bet indeed!
I think one or two were judging you based on your last million dollar bets, where you won two of six :lol ;)

I think one or two were judging you based on your last million dollar bets' date=' where you won two of six :lol ;)[/quote'] If you judge someone on a freak goal, which happens often in football you clearly aren't familiar in enough with the sport. If a game plays out just the way one predicted and the analysis is spot on, even if you lose you know it was a good bet. As far as I'm concerned the bets were solid. I only slipped up on Paraguay vs Brazil lately, but not this time around Alex.