** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Cricket: England vs India Test Series

kevshat

Re: Cricket: England vs India Test Series

Sport Cricket
Event England vs India 3rd Test
Selection G Swann 1st Innings Wickets - Under 2.5
Strength 5/10
Date 10/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Ladbrokes @ 1.62
Reasoning The odds may not be pretty, but I do like this bet. Like I mentioned earlier, Swann has only managed only 2 wickets over the entire last two test matches. Do not know what can change so drastically for him to suddenly be taking wickets, let alone in the 1st innings alone. With players like Broad, Bresnan and Anderson in form I just do not see how Swann can get 3 wickets out of 10 in the 1st innings. Going with medium-ish stakes on this.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sport Cricket
Event England vs India 3rd Test
Selection 1st Innings Runs: India Under 350.5
Strength 10/10
Date 10/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Ladbrokes @ 1.83
Reasoning One more bet I like. Would have loved to take the Under 300 runs line at Cricketbetlive at a much high odds, but I think I would be pushing my luck with that bet. Pretty much what Tyler has said above. Going to keep it brief, but the main reasons this bet tempted me is the fact that India are yet to go above 300 runs in any innings in this series. India scored 286 runs and 261 runs in their 1st and 2nd innings respectively in the 1st test match. India scored 288 runs and 158 runs in their 1st and 2nd innings respectively in the 2nd test match. Seeing how India have a tendency to crash and burn after a few wickets, well mainly after MS Dhoni, India's captain falls, England should be able to keep India's Total runs below 351 runs in the 1st innings.

Re: Cricket: England vs India Test Series India to score over 330.5 runs 1st innings 5/6@ bet365. Hopefully if India can survive the first hour they can have a good day with the bat, finally people will be able to bat in their proper positions, sehwags experience at the top with gambhir is crucial, plenty of experience in the middle order, Mishra is no mug with the bat, but the other 3 bowlers arent great with the willow in hand.:rollin

Re: Cricket: England vs India Test Series Why on earth is anybody still backing India in a postive manner? :unsure

Praveen Kumar and Ishant Sharma have shown they are capable with the ball and Sreesanth bowled well at Trent Bridge.
You been watching this series? :lol They are absolutely awful, its one, maybe two half overs then 4/5 overs of absolute dross. It should be a great pitch to bat on tomorrow, I'd be astounded if India got near taking 20 wickets in this test match. :eek

Re: Cricket: England vs India Test Series Yeah pretty horrible from India really, I mentioned before somewhere in here that they just seem to lack belief in themselves. It's probably got worse up here at Edgbaston. Cook is going very well, he is only 50-odd away from the total now, he might even knock that off in this innings. Would love to see Bopara get a score here too. You get the feeling this is his last chance to cement himself in this side so on a friendly track, a century would be great for him. Must be painful viewing from an Indian perspective :lol

Re: Cricket: England vs India Test Series Been rotten from India hasn't it. Just no competitive interest at all it seems. It seems any competitiveness went out of them with that run out shambles at Trent Bridge because since then they've looked a disinterested shambles. I wonder if there was more to that run out situation than has come out. Something weird has gone on because the change in their demeanour either side of that incident could barely be more contrasting. Obviously their bowling attack has been cannon fodder on a flat track but that's no excuse for their fielding and disinterested body language. Strange. As an Englishman I'm not complaining but from a cricketing point of view it's a bit of a shame as this had the potential to be a really exciting series between supposedly the two best sides in the world.

Re: Cricket: England vs India Test Series One bet for what should be the final day. - 2pts Top England 2nd Innings Bowler: G. Swann @ 5/2 [bluesp] I reckon if you asked Graeme Swann to paint an ideal picture of his perfect conditions, they wouldn't be too dis-similar to what we have here at Edgbaston. The track is turning square, we have overcast conditions without the prospect of rain with England are in a situation where they effectively cannot lose. The weather is looking good for England, no time will be lost and despite Swann already being 1 wicket behind Jimmy, I expect him to play a massive role in tomorrow's proceedings. KP turned his arm over a couple of times towards the end of play and had the cherry spinning from well outside off to middle and leg. Even though Swann will be bowling to some of the best players of spin in our generation, I expect him to fare well tomorrow and will play at him taking a couple of wickets. Even if the market ends in a tie, we're getting better than EVS which isn't too bad at all. Elsewhere though, I'm happy with things as they stand. Cook covered the runs line in this innings alone which is nice. The game should end tomorrow evening or tomorrow morning which should bring some more nice returns. There's no way this match is going to be a draw either so England should become the number one side in World Cricket. Honestly didn't think I'd be typing that mid-way through the third Test Match.

Re: Cricket: England vs India Test Series 1st Innings Runs: India Under 350.5 @ 1.83 10/10 :nana G Swann 1st Innings Wickets - Under 2.5 @ 1.62 5/10 :nana G.Swann's Performance Points - Under 109 points @ 1.83 10/10 :nana M.Prior's Performance Points - 90 & Over @ 1.83 7/10 :( 3 out of 4 correct. Total Profit: 12.7pts of profit :beer Gratz to all other winners!

WIN - 4pts England to win the 3rd Test @ 27/20 [bet365] WIN - 7pts 1st Innings Runs: India Under 350.5 @ 5/6 [Ladbrokes] LOSS - 5pts Player Performance: S. Sreeshanth 79.5&Over @ 9/10 [Cricketbetlive] LOSS - 1pt Test Match End: Day 4 Session 3 @ 6/1 [betfair] LOSS - 1pt Test Match End: Day 5 Session 1 @ 5/1 [betfair] LOSS - 2pts Top England 2nd Innings Bowler: G. Swann @ 5/2 [bluesp]
Anderson had the bit between his teeth this morning which made the Swann experiment a tough one. I cannot believe though that this Indian batting line-up got skittled out in one and a half fxcking sessions though. Last night, I was sitting with a grin on my face hoping that they'd at least see this through to tea to bring in the Day4Session3 bet but they flopped epically and cost me a nice earner. The main bets came in though so that leaves me +2.21 for the test and a healthy +22.51 for the series. The Cook runs line came in as well in this test but I wont factor that in now, I'll leave all outrights until the end. Played Slizorn.

Re: Cricket: England vs India Test Series Well done guys :clap:clap. Awful test for me not helped by Stan James changing the terms of the Sehwag bet once it was due to be voided and certainly made no easier take by Kumar falling 4 short of a 13/1 place in the first innings and then going and finishing 2nd in the 2nd innings :sad. Just one of those test matches really but sets me back massively in the series. -17.67 for the match with just the Swann performance delivering. Dhoni did cover his runs in this test though but the India series comeback bet went so +1 for those outrights which were settled. -5.67pts for the series overall now but the Swann and Kumar outrights are looking good so there's still hope of a profitable end to the series.

Re: Cricket: England vs India Test Series does anyone else find it ridiculous that england are 6/5 to win the final test? India have been appalling this series and it seems like a lot of value to back england pending a weather check closer to the date. will be backing england heavily at this price.

Re: Cricket: England vs India Test Series I take it punters are still taking England in the final test. I'm sure under the guidance of Straussy we will not hold back at all in this test and obviously battle for the whitewash. Thing is even if India were to say put on 450 for the 1st Innings I would still be backing England here.

Re: Cricket: England vs India Test Series Time to get stuck into this final test. 4pts England to win 4th Test 6/4 Skybet The weather forecast isn't the best for the opening day but England have shown in the past this summer that heavy conditions can be a good thing and they've shown on a flat wicket in Birmingham last week that 3.5 days can be enough to roll this lot over. I don't really see where India can regroup from from here. Sure Sehwag's likely to face more than one ball per innings in this test but their batsmen have been done over by the English bowlers and our batsmen have taken the piss out of their bowlers. So much so that they are so tired it's going to take a huge effort for the likes of Kumar to back up the first three tests here. India have a decent enough record on this ground but I just don't see that counting for a great deal here. England have been so dominant in this series and only the weather means we're getting 6/4 here. But for that it would be 4/6. Even the potential good batting track isn't going to help India a great deal because it always has pace and bounce in it and the likes of Broad and Bresnan can have this lot tied up with the short ball. England have everything covered here and I think they can complete the whitewash over the next 5 days. 6pts England (-39.5 runs) 1st Inns Lead 9/10 Totesport This looks a relatively small handicap to cover. England's batsmen have all got scores in this series with the exception of Bopara and India's bowlers must be absolutely shattered with the amount of overs they've had to bowl in this series. England's bowlers are as fresh as daisies and there is only genuinely Dravid who is in good touch for India although England did play Dhoni back into form last week. Even so those two aren't going to outscore and England side who genuinely bat down to 10 on their own. I just don't see what India can hit England with now that Zaheer and Harbhajan in particular given the history of this wicket, are out. Kumar has had an excellent series but he can't do it on his own and I can't see India getting within 40 runs of an England side who could be forced into only batting once if the weather is bad, first time around. 5pts S.Broad's Performance Pts - 113&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. Stuart Broad likes bowling on this ground and who can blame him. The pace and bounce coupled with his late swing are all right up his street and we all remember his spell on the Friday of the 2009 Ashes test which regained the urn for us here. He has 13 wickets in 3 matches on this ground although in one of the innings he only bowled 6 overs which was the only time he hasn't taken 5 in the match here. He took 6 in that Australia match in 2009 and 5 against South Africa here the year before. We might need all 6 wickets here but that's certainly not beyond him but if India can get him into bat we might need as few as 3 wickets. I can't see Broad batting twice so I'm only going to factor in the 6 wickets as 2 catches could be asking too much too. I still think 6 wickets is perfectly in his compass. He's taken 6 wickets and some more in every match in the series so far so with his other two scoring methods this is a total well within his reach. 3pts K.Pietersen to score a 1st Inns 50 2/1 Ladbrokes This looks a big price to me. Kevin Pietersen loves batting on this ground. He's got 3 test centuries here and a 96 so it's a wicket he loves batting on and why wouldn't he? It's a wonderful place for anyone to bat especially someone who enjoys the ball coming onto the bat like he does. In total KP averages 55.20 on this ground so even an average innings at the first time of asking gets the job done here. In the first innings' in this series so far he's scored 202*, 29 (where he followed up with a 63 and the 29 was having been put in on bowler friendly conditions), and 63 so he's covered this in two of the three first innings and given that he scored a half century in the match he didn't cover it in I think there's plenty to suggest that this price is too big. Pietersen's in terrific nick so I'll take him to tuck into the buffet in the first dig. 1pt ew M.Dhoni Top India Batsman (1st Inns Only) 12/1 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) 0.5pts ew P.Kumar Top India Batsman (1st Inns Only) 50/1 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) Mahendra Singh Dhoni has only played one test match on this ground but he scored 92 and 36 in that match so it's a ground he can clearly play on. He's a rare Indian in that he's more than capable off the back foot and when he gets the front foot down the ball flies. He can handle this barrage of fast bowling from England and as we saw last week he can counter attack brilliantly. His top order have plenty of question marks over them and their form is poor as a collective so I think Dhoni, who top scored in each innings of the last test match looks a bit big here given that we know he can go well on the track and against this attack. Coral are refunding the win part of these bets if they lose and Sachin gets a ton and on a deck like this you wouldn't rule that out despite it not looking like coming so far in the series. That adds to the Dhoni value while I'm having a smaller bet on Kumar this time because I'll want to kill myself or him, or both, if he goes in here having come so close last test match. He'll go in soon whether it's here or in Australia later in the year so at 50/1 I'm happy to have a saver on him just in case it's here.

Re: Cricket: England vs India Test Series Few I like the look of today. Sport Cricket Event England vs India 4th Test Selection GP Swann Performance - Under 110 Strength 10/10 Date 21/08/2011 Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 1.83 Reasoning Performance points are awarded as follows: 1pt per run scored, 20pts per wicket and 10pts per catch. Swann has yet to pass this total in any of the test matches that he has played in. In the last test, he scored 0 runs, 2 wickets and 1 catch if I am not mistaken only scoring a total of 50 pts. I think with the likes of Broad and Anderson being in much better form in terms of bowling (i.e. getting wickets), I really fancy this bet to come in. Sport Cricket Event England vs India 4th Test Selection England to win Strength 4/10 Date 21/08/2011 Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 3.00 Reasoning England have a chance to go on to complete a whitewash in this test series. Though the weather is not ideal with it predicted to rain on the first and to rain heavily during the fourth day of the test match, with the likes of Anderson more than likely to play a role in the final test despite sustaining an injury and Broad both bowling really well, I expect England to have a good chance to go on to win this. With the odds I am getting for backing a straight England win, I am more than happy to be backing this with medium-ish odds. Sport Cricket Event England vs India 4th Test Selection India 1st Innings Total Runs - Under 349.5 Strength 10/10 Date 21/08/2011 Bookmaker/Price William Hill @ 1.83 Reasoning India in all 3 test matches (i.e. all 6 innings played) have yet to score more than 300 runs as I mentioned in my previous identical bet for the 3rd test match. England play this 4th test for the first time as the top Test cricket team and I do not expect them to treat this match lightly despite it being a dead rubber match. To conclude, with weather conditions not looking ideal for batting on the opening day and potentially on the last day, I feel that this total will not be pass again by India. Sport Cricket Event England vs India 4th Test Selection 1st Innings Lead - England Strength 8/10 Date 21/08/2011 Bookmaker/Price Coral @ 1.57 Reasoning Do not have an account with Totesport unfortunately so going to be backing this bet with Coral. The price is a bit short, but I do not see how England can be stopped. With Khan being ruled out India have lost one their most influential bowlers. In addition, England have had the 1st innings lead in both the 1st and 3rd test matches (i.e. 2 out of 3 times) and the only way this bet won't come in is if India shows up which I doubt will happen given their performance in the 3 test matches thus far.

Re: Cricket: England vs India Test Series 3pts England to win 4th Test 9/4 Coral Having a top up on England here because the price is too big. Technically we've only lost 33 overs from this match and I don't see that we'll need them anyway. With the overs we can make up there's still 392 overs left in this test match and even allowing for the fact we could lose some on Sunday I don't think we'll need them all anyway. Let's say 50 overs go on Sunday, the forecast isn't for rain all day so we may not, but let's say we do, that leaves 340 overs. England have already set their stall out to bat only once in this test match and there's nothing in this Indian bowling attack that's going to stop that. If we bat for another 140 overs we are going to be up around 600 and it leaves us 200 overs to bowl them out twice. They've not looked like going 100 overs in an innings against this bowling attack and neither have they threatened 300. They've been beaten into submission by our bowlers and with some pace and bounce in the wicket that's only going to continue. By batting first England can control the pace of the game and if the right people get going ie KP, Morgan and Prior then todays 33 overs will be made up quickly with their scoring rate and they can propel England towards a 4th win of the series.

3pts England to win 4th Test 9/4 Coral Having a top up on England here because the price is too big. Technically we've only lost 33 overs from this match and I don't see that we'll need them anyway. With the overs we can make up there's still 392 overs left in this test match and even allowing for the fact we could lose some on Sunday I don't think we'll need them all anyway. Let's say 50 overs go on Sunday, the forecast isn't for rain all day so we may not, but let's say we do, that leaves 340 overs. England have already set their stall out to bat only once in this test match and there's nothing in this Indian bowling attack that's going to stop that. If we bat for another 140 overs we are going to be up around 600 and it leaves us 200 overs to bowl them out twice. They've not looked like going 100 overs in an innings against this bowling attack and neither have they threatened 300. They've been beaten into submission by our bowlers and with some pace and bounce in the wicket that's only going to continue. By batting first England can control the pace of the game and if the right people get going ie KP, Morgan and Prior then todays 33 overs will be made up quickly with their scoring rate and they can propel England towards a 4th win of the series.
After a fair bit of thought I am definitely with you on this one Kev. England just look a world apart from India. It is even possible that England have enough runs to win already against a totally demoralized India. What will Strauss do? If I were him I would go for a T20 session, aim to get an extra 150 or so on the board, declare, then wish the Indians the best of luck. Given the monstrous superiority the English have displayed a whopping 9/4 is just farr farrrrr too high, even with the weather looming.

Re: Cricket: England vs India Test Series Rahul Dravid - simply amazing. I sincerely hope that today and tomorrow he stays in and we see one of the greatest Test performances of all time. I have traded out for a good profit. The length of time required to finish off the last five wickets was a little offputting. I am confident that England will dominate and win the match.....but not enough to have money on it. ;)

Re: Cricket: England vs India Test Series The line for India's 2nd Innings score has gone up to a point where I am comfortable backing. India only managed 300 in their 1st inninngs and I doubt they have it in them to go above 333 runs. Hopefully England can keep up their bowling to get them out. 5pts India's 2nd Innings Score - Under 333.5 @ 1.83 hills

GP Swann Performance - Under 110 @ 1.83 10/10 :wall England to win @ 3.00 4/10 :nana India 1st Innings Total Runs - Under 349.5 @ 1.83 10/10 :nana 1st Innings Lead - England @ 1.57 8/10 :nana 5pts India's 2nd Innings Score - Under 333.5 @ 1.83 hills :nana
Had some more on England to win when they were @ 5.00 so really nice end to the day for me. Not including that in-play bet to the profit tallied in the thread. 4 out of 5 bets won! :ok Total profit on the Test: 15pts Overall thread profit: 27.7pts :beer Gratz to all winners in this thread and all those who lumped on England on in this 4th test match :clap:clap:clap

Re: Cricket: England vs India Test Series My own silly fault for being shaken out. Had a second chance to lump on England around lunch when Mishra and Tendulkar were still at the crease for about 4.5! My first England bet was too much of my bank, I freaked out, and it cost me in the end. Lack of discipline here. :\ Will definitely be following the cricket bets more closely in the future. The rabid Asian fanbases should provide plenty of value betting opportunities in this sport.

Re: Cricket: England vs India Test Series Decent final test match for me. +17.15pts for the test match to put me +11.48. Of the remaining outrights Kumar won and the Swann wickets never looked like losing. Strauss and Gambhir weren't in the same race as the others in their respective markets so +9.73 to go onto that which gives me a final tally of +21.21pts for the series. Looks like a thread with plenty of winners and profit so :clap:clap to all involved.

Re: Cricket: England vs India Test Series I've been off the radar for the last week which meant missing out on the last test unfortunately. Been a very profitable few weeks though with a total P/L of +20.21 over the four matches. Very pleased with that. Well done to everyone who ended in the green over the past couple of weeks with notable mentions to Kev and Sliz. Good work chaps :ok