** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Copa America > Wednesday 13th July

Re: Copa America > Wednesday 13th July Mexico AH + 1.5 @ 1.58 (Bet365) Uruguay have underperformed, thus far. Poor against Peru, and could even of lost, with Guerrero missing an easy chance, and second best to Chile, where they spent the last twenty-five clinging on. Forlan is out of form, and I believe Cavani may also miss this one with injury. I think they may win, but I believe it'll be narrow, and I wouldn't rule out a 0-0. Mexico have done really well. Leading Chile with nearly only twenty to play, and going behind with only seven to play against Peru, although admittedly, Peru did hit the woodwork twice and miss a sitter. I think they can run Uruguay close too.

Re: Copa America > Wednesday 13th July Anyone have any idea why the above is now 1.68? Trying to find a decent preview of the game, but one isn't forthcoming. Bet not yet placed, so if it's not team news related, it's good.

Re: Copa America > Wednesday 13th July

Mexico AH + 1.5 @ 1.58 (Bet365) Uruguay have underperformed, thus far. Poor against Peru, and could even of lost, with Guerrero missing an easy chance, and second best to Chile, where they spent the last twenty-five clinging on. Forlan is out of form, and I believe Cavani may also miss this one with injury. I think they may win, but I believe it'll be narrow, and I wouldn't rule out a 0-0. Mexico have done really well. Leading Chile with nearly only twenty to play, and going behind with only seven to play against Peru, although admittedly, Peru did hit the woodwork twice and miss a sitter. I think they can run Uruguay close too.
Taking this in a double with Chile as opposed to a single, with Mexico's odds at 1.70 now.

Re: Copa America > Wednesday 13th July What you thought Chile vs Peru was the only good bet I had today? Think again. Uruguay vs Mexico looks like gold as well. Uruguay HAVE TO WIN to make it to the next round. Plain and simple. No other option for the Uruguayans. This is a life or death situation for them. You think the World Cup Semifinalists aren't going to be able to make it past this Mexico? I know they will. What I saw from Mexico against Chile and again Mexico against Peru was that they can only compete with Bolivia in this Copa America. Compete on who is the worst team of the competition. Mexico got lucky against Chile, they scored a lucky goal and Chile was woeful in front of goal, that's why they lost only by one goal. Against Peru we saw more of the same. Almost nothing going forward from Mexico and they were lucky only to concede one goal. Today they almost have nothing to play for and Uruguay have everything to play for. Uruguay clean sheet is very likely and at 1.72 seems like a good bet. Uruguay should cruise this and we should make some easy money here. Two bets: Uruguay clean sheet @ 1.72 bet365 Uruguay +1,1.5 @ 1.78 bet365

Mexico AH + 1.5 @ 1.58 (Bet365) Uruguay have underperformed, thus far. Poor against Peru, and could even of lost, with Guerrero missing an easy chance, and second best to Chile, where they spent the last twenty-five clinging on. Forlan is out of form, and I believe Cavani may also miss this one with injury. I think they may win, but I believe it'll be narrow, and I wouldn't rule out a 0-0. Mexico have done really well. Leading Chile with nearly only twenty to play, and going behind with only seven to play against Peru, although admittedly, Peru did hit the woodwork twice and miss a sitter. I think they can run Uruguay close too.
Taking this in a double with Chile as opposed to a single' date=' with Mexico's odds at 1.70 now.[/quote'] Yeah, with Mexico now at 1.85 I've lost my nerve with this one and, providing Chile are OK, gonna lay-off on this one.

Re: Copa America > Wednesday 13th July A last minute own goal by Peru ruined our million dollar night, later on Uruguay was unable to score more than 1 vs Mexico, which meant the night ended in one big push. No money won, no money lost. I am not happy, but that's how the game works. I'm used to last minute goals by now. This is another golden bet, which promises good cash, maybe not one million dollars, but you get the idea. Venezuela has a good under record. 5 out of 6 of their latest have gone under. Paraguay also have a good under record. 5 out of 6 of their latest games have gone under. A draw would be enough for Paraguay to qualify with 3 points as best 3rd because of goal difference. Meanwhile Venezuela are already in the next round, so we could well see a draw. Under 2.5 goals @ 1.7 bet365

Yeah' date=' with Mexico now at 1.85 I've lost my nerve with this one and, providing Chile are OK, gonna lay-off on this one.[/quote'] Bollocks :wall Note to self: ignore price fluctuations from now on.

Re: Copa America > Wednesday 13th July Like a Paraguay and Brazil double, is my initial thought. Paraguay have played well so far, and I think the Brazil result will be a positive for them rather than a negative. With qualification assured, Venezuela may be lacking the edge a side such as themselves needs to compete at this level. Ecuador haven't had a good tournament, and their lucky escape will hopefully give Brazil a kick up the backside.

A last minute own goal by Peru ruined our million dollar night, later on Uruguay was unable to score more than 1 vs Mexico, which meant the night ended in one big push. No money won, no money lost. I am not happy, but that's how the game works. I'm used to last minute goals by now. This is another golden bet, which promises good cash, maybe not one million dollars, but you get the idea. Venezuela has a good under record. 5 out of 6 of their latest have gone under. Paraguay also have a good under record. 5 out of 6 of their latest games have gone under. A draw would be enough for Paraguay to qualify with 3 points as best 3rd because of goal difference. Meanwhile Ecuador can only pass to the next round if they win. Paraguay will want to win this, but they won't want to risk a lot, meanwhile Ecuador don't have the firepower to score against a strong Paraguay defense. It should be a tight game with Paraguay scoring a goal on the counter to insure their place to the next round.
Paraguay are playing Venezuala mate.

Like a Paraguay and Brazil double, is my initial thought. Paraguay have played well so far, and I think the Brazil result will be a positive for them rather than a negative. With qualification assured, Venezuela may be lacking the edge a side such as themselves needs to compete at this level. Ecuador haven't had a good tournament, and their lucky escape will hopefully give Brazil a kick up the backside.
Venezuela has a big opportunity to get themselves Costa Rica as QF opponents with a win here when they eliminate Paraguay. This would leave them as favourite to reach the semifinal and achieve the biggest success in their football history. When they lose there could even be Brasil as their QF opponent. But then again they are probably not good enough to beat Paraguay anyway. So main question in this match is if Venezuela will really try here imho. If they do Venezuela +1 might be good option, cause Paraguay might even settle for a draw when they see difficulties to break Venezuelas defense like Brasil had. If rumours are true they will give Vega and Rincon a rest, Paraguay -1 is probably the way to go. Think i will evaluate when line ups are confirmed

Re: Copa America > Wednesday 13th July International Soccer 2011 Overall 10W-6L-5P +1.85 units (62.50%) Paraguay -125 to win 1 unit @ 5dimes Venezuela been playing shockingly well in this tournament but I think that will come to an end today. The teams were just kind of getting into the "groove" the first couple games but you can see a lot of these teams that were expected to do well have actually started playing well together. I think Paraguay will win by a few goals.

Re: Copa America > Wednesday 13th July Paraguay - To Win @ 8/13 >William Hill . Stake - £30 Reason Paraguay drew 2-2 with Brazil in the previous game, but were minutes away from a superb come-from-behind victory. They are unbeaten in six games yet find themselves not assured of qualification despite two impressive performances. Paraguay, who were beaten in last year's World Cup quarter-finals by Spain, beat Venezuela in their previous head-to-head encounter in 2009. Good Luck :ok

Re: Copa America > Wednesday 13th July Paraguay @ 1.80 (Stan James) Paraguay have done quite well, to this point. Only prevented from beating Ecuador by an inspired goalkeeping performance, and came close to beating Brazil last time out. Like I've said, I think the Brazil result will provide them a bit of momentum, that should see them over the line on this one. Venezuela have done even better, but with qualification assured a bit of the edge may be taken off their game, and Venezuela aren't a good enough side to get away with such things.

Re: Copa America > Wednesday 13th July Brazil x Ecuador... I know, I know...we´ve been lazy, just like Argentina....but, exactly just like Argentina, Copa America starts tonight for us.... Make no mistake: Brazil -1,5 AH @ 1.975 bet 365 5/10 :cheers:cheers

F*^&ing unbelievable. I took Paraguay at 3.1 odds when they were 1 nil down. 3-1 up with 3 mins to go against a supposed solid defence' date=' very hard to accept :puke[/quote'] I´m in shock as well... :eek

Brazil x Ecuador... I know, I know...we´ve been lazy, just like Argentina....but, exactly just like Argentina, Copa America starts tonight for us.... Make no mistake: Brazil -1,5 AH @ 1.975 bet 365 5/10 :cheers:cheers
Good call, one which I followed. :clap

Paraguay @ 1.80 (Stan James) Paraguay have done quite well, to this point. Only prevented from beating Ecuador by an inspired goalkeeping performance, and came close to beating Brazil last time out. Like I've said, I think the Brazil result will provide them a bit of momentum, that should see them over the line on this one. Venezuela have done even better, but with qualification assured a bit of the edge may be taken off their game, and Venezuela aren't a good enough side to get away with such things.
F*ck off! Switched this off with about four minutes to go, obviously knowing it was done and dusted. F*ck off! :lol Still, it took two injury time goals to scupper this bet, so I think it was a bit unlucky.