** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Golf: The Open 2011

kevshat

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Golf: The Open 2011

Does anyone know if there are any prices about on Rory to win and lead in all 4 rounds?
If you have a spread betting account, have a look at Sporting Index's market called "Wire-to-Wire Leaderboard". You'd be in clover if that came in, and you'd have decent profits if he was amongst the leaders throughout even though not actually winning.

Re: Golf: The Open 2011 I'm holding any bets right now because I believe the weather is gonna play a major part in who gets a good start. Last year Oosthuizen had a good first round in the better part of the 1st day, he was available at 33/1 after day one and on day 2 had a perfect start time again to take advantage of the relative benign conditions. After day 2 everyone was chasing and the wind became a factor in ensuring the ability to chase a leader proved too much in such tricky conditions. It's gonna be windy so take care with your tee times:eek

Re: Golf: The Open 2011 I dont think the price on Charl Schwartzel will be around too long after i seen him tipped up in a variety of places. It is difficult to ignore his recent record in the majors 1st in the Masters and 9th in The US Open also take into account his 18th place in last years USPGA, the record looks realy good. He doesnt figuire at the top of any of the charts but is very consistent anf handles the big occasions well. He was 14th last year which as highlighted by Hornet is a key factor in finding the following years winner. I dont often just put my eggs in one basket but this is a win single for me Bet CHARL SCHWARTZEL 3pts win 45/1 Bet365 also have some 1st rd leader bets to have for Thursday, down to about 5 or 6 hopefully!

Re: Golf: The Open 2011 In case anyone didn't know Coral are top 5 but 1/3 odds and also if McIlroy wins and your selection comes second they will pay out on the second as a winning bet which is a good offer in my opinion. Thanks for sharing your thoughts everyone. No expert at all but looking to have a bet all the same so this is a great help :ok

In case anyone didn't know Coral are top 5 but 1/3 odds and also if McIlroy wins and your selection comes second they will pay out on the second as a winning bet which is a good offer in my opinion. Thanks for sharing your thoughts everyone. No expert at all but looking to have a bet all the same so this is a great help :ok
yes worth highlighting although i'm sure they are all out to offer mcilroy offers this week without too much impact on them

Re: Golf: The Open 2011 Going to get these up now as not much time tomorrow; Personally i cant see past the top few in the world rankings to battle it out this week and the odds are not great value on the likes of McIlroy, Donald, Westwood and Co. I'm going for the side markets and have selected 6 to follow during the week. Top English Player Tight between Donald and Westwood in the markets and to be honest it should rest between them, i just fancy Westwood to come good this time, his record in the majors is pretty solid and is playing very well at the moment, got the wrong end of the weather last week but is a relaible player these days. Top USA Player Cant get past the chances of Steve Stricker, in top form after his win last week and is very consistant, a factor that puts me off Mickelson. Nick Watney and Dustin Johnson are fearless and could go close but may need a little more experience of our conditions. I feel Stricker is the solid option and expect a big show especially as he's playing with Westwood for a couple of days. Top Australian Player Jason Day is a short priced fav for this market and represents poor value, i know he's done well in the last couple of majors but he's been brought up on US golf and this will be a different test. I like Geoff Ogilvy at the prices, he's got tons of experience and is playing ok at the moment. Adam Scott has let me down too often and cant back him. Top South African Player Again i'm going with consistancy and experience with Retief Goosen, he hsd showed signs just lately that he his nearing his best and will be used to this pressure situation. The fav is Schwartzel and you cant argue with that but he's not as consistent as Goosen in my eyes. Els seems to have gone off the boil and Oosthuizen is third best with me. Top Scandinavian Player Stenson is fav with most firms but i cant have him at any price, not long ago he was 200/1 to win on the European Tour, he has came back to form a bit but not sure his game is strong enough for this track at the moment, may have come a few weeks too soon. Peter Hanson has impressed me this season and is proving a very consistent player nowdays. He looks the most solid option to me with Robert Karlsson as the danger. Top Asian Player KJ Choi will be popular for most but at 7/4 he's a poor price and ive seen him lately and wasnt sure he was at his best after some really good rounds earlier on in the year. Everytime is watch a big tournament YE Yang seems to be on the leaderbord, he will do for me, he has no nerves and just gets on with his game which seems to be suitable anywhere in the world. Top Eng: Westwood 11/5 Tote Top USA: Stricker 10/1 Betfred Top Aus: Ogilvy 8/1 Tote Top SA: Goosen 10/3 PP Top Scan: P.Hanson 4/1 VCBet Top Asian: Yang 7/2 Coral Going to back them in singles at the above firms but will have a Lucky 63 with VCBet at the following prices; 13/8,9/1,13/2,11/4,4/1 and 3/1

No expert at all but looking to have a bet all the same so this is a great help :ok
+1. Cheers to all of you for posting up tips, I've backed several of the names that popped up multiple times in the thread. Sergio Garcia 33/1 VC Bet, 4 pts win/1 pt place (6 places) Charl Schwartzel 50/1 Hills and 40/1 Paddypower, 8.5 pt win/1.5 pt place (7 places PP) Fredrik Andersson Hed 250/1 Boyle, 10 pt EW (8 places) Being a racing man, Freddy Hed will be the one I'm cheering on most :D

I'm holding any bets right now because I believe the weather is gonna play a major part in who gets a good start. Last year Oosthuizen had a good first round in the better part of the 1st day, he was available at 33/1 after day one and on day 2 had a perfect start time again to take advantage of the relative benign conditions. After day 2 everyone was chasing and the wind became a factor in ensuring the ability to chase a leader proved too much in such tricky conditions. It's gonna be windy so take care with your tee times:eek
I have little info on that Muddy. On Thursday the wind will be fairly brisk up to around 10/11am and will be fairly light in the afternoon. Friday, fairly light winds, Saturday and Sunday it will be a fair bit stronger than Friday. All said and done RSG is a pretty tough course and anyone who has played the game will know the golf course is an exposed place and will be affected more by the wind than the local forecast, especially on the coast. I think the one to look at here is Thursdays forecast for those who are thinking about a 1st round leader bet.

Re: Golf: The Open 2011 4 for me initially. Might take a couple of specials before the off. 1.5pts ew S.Garcia to win The Open 33/1 VC (1/4 1-6) I really like Sergio's chances this week. He's been on my radar for this ever since the US Open and his run in Germany where he lost in a playoff came at the perfect time for him and indeed me as it's that which got him in this week. Once a runner up in this tournament and 6 top 10's in 14 starts in this event shows he knows what he's doing on a links course. One of the top 10's was around here in 2003 so the course is fine for him, his form is good and given that I think the Spaniards may just get a bit of inspiration from all the Seve tributes this week he's very much my main bet for success in a tournament that it beggars belief he's yet to win. 1pt ew R.Goosen to win The Open 50/1 Paddy Power (1/4 1-7) Retief Goosen is another who loves this tournament. He has 8 top 10's in 16 entries in the event including two in the last two years. Goosen has gone well in some big events this year coming 3rd in Dubai and in the BMW Championship a few weeks ago so his form is good, we know he's a seasoned links golfer and I think he will be stalking the leaderboard throughout the weekend. I don't think 2003 will matter too much, it's one of them that it's nice to have on the CV but that's about it. Anyway he was tied for 10th that year and I can see him going a few spots better this weekend. 0.5pts ew R.Rock to win The Open 125/1 Paddy Power (1/4 1-7) We had a surprise winner of this event last year and who knows we could have another this year. I doubt Ben Curtis was on many slips 8 years ago :lol. Robert Rock was 7th at St Andrews last year in a tournament Oosthuizen turned into a procession from a long way out so that was a good effort as was his US Open last month especially when his Visa problems are factored in. Rock picked up his maiden tour win in Italy earlier in the year and he went relatively well last week. He's only missed 3 cuts all season and if he can ping the lids he looks set to give us a decent run at a 3 figure price. 0.5pts ew D.Love III to win The Open 150/1 Boylesports (1/4 1-8) A bit more speculative this one but the US Ryder Cup captain arrives in Kent in decent nick. He's gone well in two big events in America this year in the Players and the US Open so big tournament golf hasn't left him just yet. He was 12th in the Players, 11th in the US Open and in the top 12 at Deere Run last week where he was in the mix early doors. He's playing good golf right now and with a decent week in another major he could even be in contention to be a playing captain next year :eek. Love III's links golf isn't shabby either. He's missed a few cuts over the last few years but he was in the top 30 in 2008 and 2009 and he's clearly playing a lot better at the minute than he was then. He was 4th here in 2003 so the course shouldn't worry him and at 150/1 I'll pay to see how close he can go this weekend, if at all.

Re: Golf: The Open 2011 First round leader~ Have got a a small win on McIlroy@ 11's has habit of getting a quick start in majors will add two e/w to that Sergio GARCIA who is well touted to win in this thread and i agree he has a top chance and especially if he gets a good start and he gets his putting working early could well be near the top come the end of the 1st day GOOSEN also has a chance some days he comes to work and is on fire well capable of a low round weather he can but four good rounds together now to win a major i'm not really sure and not sure he is hungry enough for it but always capable of a top ten finish was tempted to through Cink in e/w at about 125 but don't want to do to many as i playing e/w with these two.

Re: Golf: The Open 2011 Top English Player. Brian Davis 33/1 B 365 Brian Davis a regular on the PGA tour can put his homeland experience to good use here. Davis finished 6th the last time the open was played at RSG, so he obviously gets on well with the course. Now a seasoned pro with a good temprement and reasonable current form has to be considered at these odds.

Re: Golf: The Open 2011 To those (most probably Aussies) that have a Luxbet account I think they've got a really cracking promo going: Bet on your championship favourite before the tournament begins (14/07/11) and if your selection is in the TOP 3 after ANY ROUND, we'll match your stake with a bonus bet up to $200, that is four chances to make your bonus. (Applicable to your 1st outright winner market bet only) Rory McIllroy is only 7.50 with them as opposed to the 10's you get on Betfair, but when you consider his record of leading at the end of the round I think this is a cracking offer. Also on: Webb Simpson @ 170 Betfair Has been very consistent all year. His ability to play well on links courses is obviously in question but he's just been so consistent this year I couldn't possibly not back him at odds in the 3 figure rang. Couple more even more speculative bets to come. Great work on the Hornet Criteria too Hornet. Would love for Anderson Hed to come in. And I promise not to early congratulate you, even though Stricker still won like I said he would ;)

Re: Golf: The Open 2011 Hi chaps..not a golf expert by any means,but a bet ive done for excitment in the last couple of majors is 5 players to make the cut in a acumalator with bet365...sadly for me i put Nick Watney in both of them and he was the only guy to miss out:cry...still waiting to make my choice for this open as i think the weather could be a big factor...just wondering who the golf experts on here would go for...obviously you can pick the top 5 in the betting but its hardly worth it so i always go for a few in the middle order...my 5 to follow later

Hi chaps..not a golf expert by any means' date='but a bet ive done for excitment in the last couple of majors is 5 players to make the cut in a acumalator with bet365...sadly for me i put Nick Watney in both of them and he was the only guy to miss out:cry...still waiting to make my choice for this open as i think the weather could be a big factor...just wondering who the golf experts on here would go for...obviously you can pick the top 5 in the betting but its hardly worth it so i always go for a few in the middle order...my 5 to follow later[/quote']I like the bet myself BB. You have the cushion of the "anyone within 10 shots of the leader" makes the cut as well as the normal cut zone. This is very helpful for such a bet unless someone shoots the lights out! Also the kind of bet to give you nervous moments given the terrain. Have a look at "To miss the cut" odds. I like to have a go at this for the fun factor on a hard course. without doubt there will be a few juicy priced fallers, there always is. GL

Re: Golf: The Open 2011 Hey guys first time poster here having followed the site for quite a while. Pretty interested in golf and football betting and sometimes rugby. Having studied the field course and weather conditions(morning starters on day one will be playing in alot windier conditions) here are my bets 1st rd leader-Graeme mcdowell 1pt e/w 33/1 pp quater first 5 was tied 1st in the open in 2008 after rd 1 tee time of 1.43pm shot the round of the day- 64 (although in rd 2) at last weeks scottish open Lee westwood to beat rory mc Ilroy 4pts win@evens pp I'm opposing Rory this week for 4 reasons: 1. He says himself he likes course with clear definition i.e. tree lined, parkland style that suit what he sees as his American style of play as he has a high ball flight which can be found out in windy conditions as we saw last year in R2 of the Open when he shot 80. His early tee time in windy conditions puts him at a disadvantage especially compared to Westwood. 2. His putting may still be suspect as it was at Augusta in the US Masters. 3. The media spotlight will be immense as he will be given the Tiger Treatment this week as he tries to win back to back Opens. 4. He hadn't picked a club up since his US Open win until he arrived at St George's. Westwood has a much better pair of tee times as he goes out at 2.10pm in R1 compared to Rory's time 5 hours earlier at 9.09am. Lee has posted 5 major top 3 finishes in the last three years. Lee has played really well in the last two Opens - he was T3rd in 2009 and 2nd last year. Henrik Stenson 1pt e/w 66/1pp 7places 70/1bet 365 6places Henrik has a superb recent Open record - he was T3rd in 2008, in 2009 he was T13th when only four behind the winner and he was again T3rd last year. So that's 2 top 3 finishes in the last 3 years. Henrik last year became a father for the second time when his first son, Karl, was born. After being in the doldrums in 2010 the 'Nappy Factor' is now kicking in as Henrik has been working very hard and in his last two starts he's showed he is again a serious contender. In the US Open he was in the McIlroy-chasing bunch after R3 at 2 under before he finished T23rd. Then last week he played very well in the BMW International Open when he finished T9th and was 2nd for Driving accuracy and 13th for GIR. His downfall was taking 9 at a par 5 in R3 - had he taken 7 he would have been 3rd, and had he shot a par 5 he'd have been in a play-off ! He is a 7 time winner with 6 European Tour wins and he was the 4 shot winner of the 2009 Players Championship in America Good Luck All:)

Here are my tips e.w all with except Westwood all odds taken at Betfair :hope Lee Westwood 12 /1
tee times make him the best of our three favorites
Charl Schwartzel 43 /1
See above in prime form and SA have a habit of doing well
Adam Scott 74 /1
Good recent form and due a major
Robert Karlsson 79 /1
Excellent form
Louis Oosthuizen 139 /1
Last years winner - long shot as not in best of form but maybe up for this
Zach Johnson 129 /1
Has the game for this type of course, in form and won a major
Thomas Aiken 259 /1
Another SA with a shout on the basis of form
Fredrik Andersson Hed 369 /1
See above in the thread can't be ignored
Robert Garrigus 549/1
3rd in US open - good tee time - big hitter - would though be a massive surprise

Here are my tips e.w all with except Westwood all odds taken at Betfair :hope Lee Westwood 12 /1
tee times make him the best of our three favorites
Charl Schwartzel 43 /1
See above in prime form and SA have a habit of doing well
Adam Scott 74 /1
Good recent form and due a major
Robert Karlsson 79 /1
Excellent form
Louis Oosthuizen 139 /1
Last years winner - long shot as not in best of form but maybe up for this
Zach Johnson 129 /1
Has the game for this type of course, in form and won a major
Thomas Aiken 259 /1
Another SA with a shout on the basis of form
Fredrik Andersson Hed 369 /1
See above in the thread can't be ignored
Robert Garrigus 549/1
3rd in US open - good tee time - big hitter - would though be a massive surprise
I think you may come in for a bit of flak here Angeal for your lack of depth in your summarising. ie; Lee Westwood tee times make him best of the favorites, members would like to know why his tee times are an advantage, weather forecast etc. No offence intended here, just a helping hand.

Re: Golf: The Open 2011 My 1st Round leader bets I do study back a fair distance but it always interests me that players who often start well at these type of events, with 150 players starting, we are looking at a possible tie for the lead tomorrow so your odds could be halved or more based on the outcome. I was lucky enough to win this bet last 2 years with 2 good players Jimenez and McIlroy This year i hope i have a strong field with big prices Casey - 69/68 last 2 opening Open rounds - 60/1 Daly - 66/68 last 2 - 225/1 Ishikawa - 68/68 last 2 - 150/1 Steve Marino - 69/67 last 2 - 140/1 Sean O'Hair 67/68 last 2 - 140/1 Villegas 68/66 last 2 - 110/1 all single 1pt win bets with B365 of the others, i expect Goosen, Westwood and Allenby to be amongst the early pacesetters tomorrow at close of play

Re: Golf: The Open 2011 I have also taken another single bet, this time on LEE WESTWOOD who is far our best golfer, yes he is better than McIlroy, Poulter and the rest. My criticisim of lee is that he sometimes loses the tournament on one of 2 bad club selections and takes him a few holes to pick it back up, he can be relentless when hitting birdies and its no secret that the weather on day 1 and 2 should favour his tee time. at 12/1 has to be given a decent chance this year to get his head in front on day 2 and stay there. Ive just noted the price on garcia at 30/1 - why? the guy should be 100/1 to win a major and i'll be the first to congratulate him but 30/1 no value whatsoever, especially when he starts missing those putts! STILL its all about opinions i suppose and thats mine! LEE WESTWOOD 12/1 Bet365 1.5pts win

Re: Golf: The Open 2011 Time for some really long shots: George Coetzee @ 300 Betfair Coetzee has 2x 3rd placed finishes in his last 5 starts, along with an 11th and 12th. One of those 3rd placed finishes was last week at the Scottish Open, where he had the unfavourable tee times and had to finish his 2nd round on the Sunday. Quite possibly has the best lead up form of all players in the 3 figure range. 1st Round Leader @ 140 Betfair Coetzee's last 4 opening rounds have been a 66, 66, 67 and 66. He tees off in the afternoon which is reportedly the more favourable time to be playing. Nicholas Colsaerts @ 230 Betfair Since winning the Volvo Open this year the Belgian has garnished 2x 3rd place finishes, including last week when he Tied for 3rd at the Scottish Open, proving his game is good for links golfing. Ranks 12th in scoring average, 21st in Driving Distance and 2nd in GIRs on the European tour this year. Thomas Aiken @ 270 Betfair Won earlier this year on the European tour and has a further 5 Top 10 finishes for the season. Ranks 9th in scoring average, 30th in driving distance hitting just under 70% GIR. Had him down as a sleeper just prior to his win and happy that said victory hasn't seemed to have shortened his price. Scott Jamieson @ 530 Betfair Experience is probably going to count against him but if Ben Curtis could do it why not Jamieson? He tied for 3rd last week at the Scottish Open -- an achievement made more interesting by the fact it was played over just 54 holes and he had 2 double bogeys. Has 4 top 5 finishes this season on the European Tour with 3x 3rd and a 5th. Top US - Chad Campbell @ 120 Betfair Hasn't got a particularly good links history having made just 2 of 5 cuts in the Open Championship with a best of 15th. His majors record isn't too bad though, with 3 Top 3 finishes overall. Currently ranks 7th in GIR and 3rd in proximity to the hole in the PGA tour. Is having a poor year with the putter but if he can get some to go his way then I like these odds given the lack of a standout American in the field.

Im going on the Sunday so hopefully it's something like 1 shot separating the top 10 :lol I've been told to watch out for Francis McGuirk, i know absolutely f*ck all about him other than he comes into this in good form and lives practically right next to the course, knows it like the back of his hand apparently. 1000 on Betfair now so obviously not got much of a chance but if anyone knows anything more about him it would be appreciated.
Don't bet on golf much but I like a small interest on the majors usually a couple of quid at long odds. So first off this chap McGuirk, this is from a BBC report. Two Kent golfers will line up with the best players in the world when the Open Championship comes to Sandwich.

fred together fair spread times. bets all betfair except skybet part. rio.>

I have also taken another single bet, this time on LEE WESTWOOD who is far our best golfer, yes he is better than McIlroy, Poulter and the rest. My criticisim of lee is that he sometimes loses the tournament on one of 2 bad club selections and takes him a few holes to pick it back up, he can be relentless when hitting birdies and its no secret that the weather on day 1 and 2 should favour his tee time. at 12/1 has to be given a decent chance this year to get his head in front on day 2 and stay there. Ive just noted the price on garcia at 30/1 - why? the guy should be 100/1 to win a major and i'll be the first to congratulate him but 30/1 no value whatsoever, especially when he starts missing those putts! STILL its all about opinions i suppose and thats mine! LEE WESTWOOD 12/1 Bet365 1.5pts win
LEE WESTWOOD who is far our best golfer, yes he is better than McIlroy, You been on the magic mushrooms mate. No way i'm taking that statement lying down. The 38yo has yet to win a major a bit like Jimmy White in snooker Can't win the big one he chokes only difference is Westwood gets four bites at the cherry every year too Jimmy's one on the other hand the young 22yo McIlroy not only has came close to winning two majors but won the last major by a landslide after learning by his mistakes . If Westwood keeps getting wrong club selection or whatever with all his experience now in majors maybe he just hasn't the bottle time will tell but for me the kid is way better. I think if McIlroy was English he would be idolized in your country by now but i honestly believe a lot of the general public there either don't realize or won't admit how good he is. Lee Westwood obe thats a right joke that, he will be sir if he wins a major ffs. Its only a matter of time before we have a real no1 golfer in the world. Westwood is good but not great. Don't agree with Garcia comment either as i think 33's with laddies 6 places is decent odds and now i'm on a roll so may as well go for the hat-trick i think you should have backed your 1st rd leader bets e/w at those price but your right its all about opinions. Rant over Not a personal attack just an opinion good luck with your bets Bowlesy:ok

LEE WESTWOOD who is far our best golfer, yes he is better than McIlroy, You been on the magic mushrooms mate. No way i'm taking that statement lying down. The 38yo has yet to win a major a bit like Jimmy White in snooker Can't win the big one he chokes only difference is Westwood gets four bites at the cherry every year too Jimmy's one on the other hand the young 22yo McIlroy not only has came close to winning two majors but won the last major by a landslide after learning by his mistakes . If Westwood keeps getting wrong club selection or whatever with all his experience now in majors maybe he just hasn't the bottle time will tell but for me the kid is way better. I think if McIlroy was English he would be idolized in your country by now but i honestly believe a lot of the general public there either don't realize or won't admit how good he is. Lee Westwood obe thats a right joke that, he will be sir if he wins a major ffs. Its only a matter of time before we have a real no1 golfer in the world. Westwood is good but not great. Don't agree with Garcia comment either as i think 33's with laddies 6 places is decent odds and now i'm on a roll so may as well go for the hat-trick i think you should have backed your 1st rd leader bets e/w at those price but your right its all about opinions. Rant over Not a personal attack just an opinion good luck with your bets Bowlesy:ok
Spot on :ok

Ted, i firmly believe that Westwood is CURRENTLY better golfer than Mcilroy, that is his all round game. I cant take anything away from what Mcilroy did over in the US the other week and at 22, he is by far the most exciting player i have seen from our shores but until he becomes world no.1 and plays consistentlky throughout the season then i still firmly belive i am in the right. You are all jumping on the McIlroy bandwagon at the moment, yes he destroyed the field in the US Open, should have won the masters (but didnt) and possibly should have won last years Open (but didnt) and Westwood finished in front of him last year from what i recall. I would even put Donald in front of McIlroy at the moment in terms of all round golf. I dnt think that is controversial and Donalds record stands up at the moment, he has had a great year. I dont think Donald can win the Open but i think Westwood can. Garcia at 33's, i am sorry, but is thst based on El Nino's record 6 years ago or his current form? Until he proves me wrong, i will always believe he is a choker. My 1st rd leader bets, yes i went win instead of EW, i would have had to cut my stake down and possibly will pay for it but i dont like EW betting so its win all the way for me just like on the Horses. I think poutting Mcilroy on a pedestal is dagerous t the lad, he will be the greatest and there is plenty of time to prove this, i expect him t have won 10 majors by the time he is 30 there is no Woods around to challenge him, perhaps the south africans are the better challengers at the moment as the yanks have to have course set up for them to win. :ok should be a great tournament :clap

Re: Golf: The Open 2011 "You are all jumping on the McIlroy bandwagon at the moment" I ain't jumping on no band wagon this was posted over two years ago. Theboyboon also talked him up on that thread. 07-04-2009, 22:43 #20 (permalink) tedthewolf Any Rag At Any Price Join Date: 15 Jan 2007 Location: God's Country Age: 47 Posts: 5,119 Thanks: 4 Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts Awards Showcase Re: The Masters Golf Tournament 2009 - Thurs 9th April - Sun 12th April Young Rory Mcilroy is one to keep an eye on. Turned pro in 07 has been coming along nicely and is one for the future. Has had a good start to the year and could make a big impact in his first try in this. Has had big praise from top pro's including Tiger. Having said that i do think 33's is skiny enough for this but will watch this very talented Norn Iron lad with interest. ....and posted this before first major this year.... 03-04-2011, 22:52 #2 (permalink) tedthewolf Any Rag At Any Price Join Date: 15 Jan 2007 Location: God's Country Age: 47 Posts: 5,119 Thanks: 4 Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts Awards Showcase Total Awards: 4 Re: Golf: US Masters outright betting Sport Golf Event US MASTERS Selection RORY McILROY (Each-way) Strength 2/10 Date 07/04/2011 bookmaker/Price Totesport @ 31.00 Reasoning The 21yo will be targeting the majors as his main priority this year the girlfriend even got dumped at christmas so there is one thing on Lads mind win a major thats my take on it any way. Has been at the course since the 23rd March and is raring to go and i'm adamant and firmly believe he will win a major or more this year and have backed him e/w in all four with PP. Best finish in this was 20th in 09 and i think with his hunger he will smash that and is a major e/w chance. C'mon the young ulster man lets be having you that green jacket will suit you nicely my son. I'll shut up now as i don't want to spoil a great thread but if McIlroy & Garcia miss the cut and Westwood wins it i'll be on the missing list for a long time:lol Only a few hours to go bring it on:nana:nana

I think poutting Mcilroy on a pedestal is dagerous t the lad' date=' he will be the greatest and there is plenty of time to prove this, i expect him t have won 10 majors by the time he is 30[/quote'] Not going to get involved massively in the Rory debate but I cannot agree at all on this. He's going to have an almost 30% strike rate in winning majors over the next 8 years? Never. I also can't believe all this talk about Rory / Westwood being UK's No 1. There's not even an argument, the answer is Luke Donald. World No 1, enough said.

Re: Golf: The Open 2011 Ted, i didnt mean jumping on the rory bandwagon from a betting point of view, i meant everyone now thinks he will win every major going which is impossible. I recall your posts from last year and i also tipped Rory for 1st rd leader, however i did comment last year that i felt Rory was a bit sort in the market last year overall. The 80 possibly cost him the tournament last year but its over 4 rounds, so they all count. As Russ points out, my prediction is possibly way out in terms of 10 majors by the time he is 30 comment but could be possible as Woods did it. However Donald is the no.1 at present again as Russ pointed out and i feel Luke has had a great 2 years. Let the golf do the talking over the next 4 days, and see what happens. The final 3 Mcilroy, Westwood and Donald would be great come Sunday. There is no last word on the debate..:ok