** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis - 11-17 July

Re: Tennis - 11-17 July Winners Sara Errani vs Pauline Parmentier. Under 20 games. 1.79 @ Pinnacle (6/10) Federico Del Bonis > Sergey Stakhovsky. 2.11 @ Pinnacle (4/10) Losers Sybille Bammer > Yvonne Meusburger 1.85 @ Pinnacle (5/10) Guillermo Garcia-Lopez > Lukasz Kubot. 1.75 @ Pinnacle (7/10) Roberta Vinci > Irina Camelia Begu. 1.65 @ Bwin (6/10) Ruben Ramirez-Hidalgo -2.5 vs Michael Ryderstedt. 1.83 @ Pinnacle (5/10) Had to give something back...

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - 11-17 July Hoping to get back on track today. Have got 5 matches that have cought my eye... Laura Pous-Tio -2.5 vs Ksenia Pervak. 1.88 @ Pinnacle (6/10) Unless there are two tie-breaks this bet will work, I guess. Pous-Tio definitely a better player on clay. She's really strong and is not playing just short balls and dropshots like most of her compatriots on this surface. Pervak all about attack and against Pous-Tio that is not gonna work because the Spanish player will get most of the balls back in the court and sooner or later will force the Russian to make some mistakes. Pervak was really poor in her last match agaisnt 16 year old Nastja Kolar and should have lost. Will go home today, however. Petra Cetkovska +4.5 vs Sara Errani. 1.76 @ Bwin (5/10) Although Errani won yesteray 2-0 and even managed to cover unders after 7-5 opening first set I was disgusted with her performance. Really not in it for most of the first set. She was 2-5 down and saved couple setpoints as well. As expected Parmentier ran out of gas later on. Cetkovska won't and she's got very powerful game. Errani naturally struggles against big hitters and there can be an upset in this match. As tempting it is to go for Cetkovska will have just handicap which is huge. Errani might just win it in the end as this is her favorite tournament and played in her home country but 4.5 games spread looks wrong here. Polona Hercog -4 vs Klara Zakopalova. 2.22 @ Pinnacle (5/10) There is a -3.5 line available @ 1.72 (Bet365) but having this one as it will be a push if Hercog wins by exactly four games. Hoping it will be a bigger margin. Polona in best form of her life, just won her first title on tour and has not lost in seven matches. Zakopalova is very tired. She spent a lot of time in the heat of Budapest last week and has played couple 3-setter this week and that was agaisnt crap players. Hercog has beaten Zakopalova all 4 times they've played (incl. Challengers) and should record win number 5 today for sure. Prefer handicap over unders as there could a be lost set for Hercog. She's done that before against Zakopalova. As for match-ups I think Hercog's attacking play should prevail over Zakopalova's boring defensive tennis. She can hit big shots only from backhand wing and Hercog can deal with that most of the time. Irina-Camelia Begu > Anabel Medina Garrigues. 1.79 @ Pinnacle (6/10) Begu had a vey late match last night but she's young and will have recoverd in time and this one will be played in evening as well. Begu was very impressive against Vinci and should get even easier win against Garrigues who has not been in great form and is way too passive for opponent like Begu. Besides the Romanian beat Garrigues 6-4, 6-4 just last week in Budapest and is my favorite to win again today as well. Lukasz Kubot > Santiago Giraldo. 2.12 @ Pinnacle (4/10) Kubot has been surprisingly good this week. Won both of this matches from set down and has to be rated as a favorite against Giraldo. Santi is better playing on hard courts and has not been in that good form lately. Beating Melzer these days is no big deal and Giraldo was struggling against Chardy until the Frenchman checked out like only he can do. Kubot beat Giraldo in US Open last year and I believe he can defeat him again, this time on clay. Not having Giraldo as a favorite.

Re: Tennis - 11-17 July

Berdych vs Kavcic: Kavcic + 5 games @2.07 Pinnacle LOSS
Kavcic having start too slow for this to come through. Congrats to choker Berdy that for the first time this year goes as far as expected in a 250 event. However, no final for Berdych because Soderling is going to stand in the way. edit: Pulled the trigger for Granollers to beat JCF @3,25 Pinnacle JFC coming from a three set classics against Youzhnyi yesterday, and it is questionable whether he will be full ready for this match. Granollers is a kind of a pain in the ass on all surfaces. It always seems that he has no chance, but then he drives his opponents nuts with precise shots and unbearable grunting, and an upset is there. Marc did already beat Seppi here in Stuttgart, which is not bad, and Davidenko in Madrid (chuckle...:-) and certainly will make the life hard for JCF. GL :hope

Bastad R2: Guillermo Olaso v Nicolas Almagro - Under 18.5 games @ 1.98 with Pinnacle 4pts WIN Stuttgart QF: Cedrik-Marcel Stebe v Pablo Andujar - Cedrik-Marcel Stebe +3 games AH @ 2.01 with Pinnacle 4pts LOSS Stuttgart QF: Lukasz Kubot v Santiago Giraldo - Over 22 games AH @ 1.80 with 188bet 4pts WIN Bastad QF: Tomas Berdych v Blaz Kavcic - Under 19.5 games @ 2.04 with Pinnacle 3pts WIN
That's more fcuking like it. Furious with this week's form but glad to have hit a few winners today to get back in the saddle. Some nice shouts from Psycho today too :ok

Petra Cetkovska +4.5 vs Sara Errani. 1.76 @ Bwin (5/10) :ok Polona Hercog -4 vs Klara Zakopalova. 2.22 @ Pinnacle (5/10) :ok Lukasz Kubot > Santiago Giraldo. 2.12 @ Pinnacle (4/10) :ok Irina-Camelia Begu > Anabel Medina Garrigues. 1.79 @ Pinnacle (6/10) :@
That Begu match was perfect reminder that NEVER EVER you should bet on The Romanians. Every single tennis player of this country is now in my black-list. Begu was the last one that was not because she is young and had not been involved in any suspicious matches. Until today, that was so bizzare to watch.

Poor week for me so far, some results in both Sweden and Germany that i would never have called. One for me today: Santiago Giraldo vs Lukasz Kubot 3/5 points over 22.5 games - 1.95 with Pinnacle This match has overs written all over it for me. Both players haven't had the easiest ride in getting here, both being taken to 3 sets in the earlier rounds. Kubot's serve will make it tough for him to be broke so there is a real possibility of a tie breaker in the match - something that is obviously a huge plus. These players have been in decent form and are more than capable of beating each other and with their only previous meeting resulting in a 4-setter, there is a good chance that this one will be hard fought and have plenty of games in it.
Comfortable winner there to end a poor run. Still down on the week though.

Pennetta -3 games 2.0 at Bet365 :ok Juan Carlos Ferrero -3 games 1.83 at bet365 :ok
Another two winners for me, very pleased with the weeks betting so far. Well done to all other winners today, some great shouts by Atko and Psycho. :clap Haven't seen much to tempt me in tomorrows matches although not all odds are out yet. It will be interesting to see how Del Bonis is priced up on the + handicap as I think he will give Ferrero a real tough game.

Re: Tennis - 11-17 July Pablo Andujar vs Lukasz Kubot 1.5/5pts L. Kubot to beat P. Andujar - 2.29 with Pinnacle I think this price is a bit too high so i am happy to get involved with a small stake. Lukasz Kubot has played well this week to get this far after 3 tough matches. In each match he has played players who are more than comfortable on clay, coming through a tough match on Friday against an in-form Santiago Giraldo. His confidence will be high for the previous matches but it has been on the up for the last 3 months after good showings at Roland Garros and Wimbledon. Andujar has been impressive this week too, coming through some hard matches and showing a level of consistency that i have always doubted he has. However, he hasn't faced anyone who has gone into the match in form as good as Kubot's so this is surely his biggest test yet. The only other meeting between the two was in this exact tournament back in 2009 when Kubot came out on top in straight sets. I agree Andujar has reasons to be favourite but i wouldn't have had Kubot priced this high. Around 11/10 would have been about right for me. I thought about waiting for the handicap but i doubt i will get the line and price i want, for various reasons.

Re: Tennis - 11-17 July Del Bonis +4.5 games vs Juan Carlos Ferrero 1.85 at bwin Small stakes on this one. I haven't seen much of Del Bonis with the exception of his second round match against Stakhovsky, but from that and doing a bit of reading around I think he has enough to his game to keep Ferrero close. He has a huge left handed swing, a solid serve and a good record results wise against top 100 players and as we've seen twice this tournament he has the ability to take on and beat top 50 players as well. His main downfall from what I understand is his consistency but he seems to have got a good rhythm going here in Stuggart. We all know about Ferrero's ablity & experience over the years on clay and he may well win this but I don't think it will be a walkover and because of that I like the look of this +4.5 line. :hope

Del Bonis +4.5 games vs Juan Carlos Ferrero 1.85 at bwin Small stakes on this one. I haven't seen much of Del Bonis with the exception of his second round match against Stakhovsky, but from that and doing a bit of reading around I think he has enough to his game to keep Ferrero close. He has a huge left handed swing, a solid serve and a good record results wise against top 100 players and as we've seen twice this tournament he has the ability to take on and beat top 50 players as well. His main downfall from what I understand is his consistency but he seems to have got a good rhythm going here in Stuggart. We all know about Ferrero's ablity & experience over the years on clay and he may well win this but I don't think it will be a walkover and because of that I like the look of this +4.5 line. :hope
Brilliant pick! I wish I did follow it, cos I had massive Ferrero outright and I did sweat a bit :-) You been pretty good this week :clap

Del Bonis +4.5 games vs Juan Carlos Ferrero 1.85 at bwin :ok
A great first set by Del Bonis helped this over the line. Its definitely been a very good week for me :beer As Mirage says, it should be a great final between Soderling and Ferrer. For me its too close to call so nothing going betting wise on that one, so will just enjoy the tennis on show. Going to avoid the women's finals also, but may have a look at the odds for Stuggart when they come out. Fancy a Ferrero win there but will need to see what odds & options I have.

Re: Tennis - 11-17 July Avoiding men's final altogether. Soderling is supposed to beat Ferrer, but it is hard to go against Ferrer these days. Ferrero in Stuttgart most probably wins over Andujar, but odds around 1.6 are too low and I would not feel good in any of the handicaps. Going for both WTA finals instead: Mayr to beat Martinez-Sanches @2.230 Pinnacle Mayr playing at home and apparently is in good shape in Bad-Gastein. Did not lose a set so far, and her appearance on the court looks very self-confident. Martinez-Sanchez, with the exception of the match against Sandra Zahlavova, struggled alot. She plays too many unforced errors and missed dropshots to be trusted in this match. She also had somewhat easier draw than Mayr, who defeated Domiguez-Lino in R1, and just double bageled Ksenia Pervak. Mayr to get her first title today. Hercog (-2.5) to bt Medina-Garrigues @1.714 @local (4 units) Nice odds considering that Pinnacle had this option around 1.685. Hercog on a dream run in past two weks. I watched her yesterday when she swept Penetta off the court (though Penetta helped alot with her 2011 serve inconsistency). Both Medina and Hercog are good in baseline rallies, but Hercog should prevail thanks to her killing forehand winners and better fitness. also considering an early Baku match Lertcheewakarn to bt Pervak at odds around 4.0 at Pinny. Pervak has just been double bageled on Saturday in Austria by Mayr (on clay), and headed to Baku in Azerbaijan where she is supposed to play a match on Monday (?) on hard, and against an opponnet that already defeated her on hard 6-1 6-4 last year in Kuala Lumpur. VERY tempting. Any thoughts?