** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis - 11-17 July

Re: Tennis - 11-17 July

Stuttgart R1: Santiago Giraldo v Jurgen Melzer - Jurgen Melzer -3.5 games @ 1.971 with Pinnacle 7pts LOSS Stuttgart R1: Mikhail Youzhny v Philipp Petzschner - Over 22 games AH @ 1.862 with Pinnacle 6pts LOSS Bastad R1: Teimuraz Gabashvili v Michael Yani - Teimuraz Gabashvili -4 games AH @ 1.885 with Pinnacle 6pts LOSS
What a hellish day. 20pt loss. None of these really ever looked like coming in. Apologies to anyone who followed.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - 11-17 July Like a few tomorrow, agree with the previous thoughts.

SportTennis
EventMontanes v Andujar
SelectionMontanes
Strength10/10
Date13/07/2011
Bookmaker/Price>William Hill @ 1.72
ReasoningI rate Montanes quite a bit higher and like this price. He hasn't been too good this year but had a decent run at the French, and a good win over Simon in round 1. He showed some good fight in that match and looks up for it this week. Andujar I don't like too much, he won Casablanca earlier this year beating Montanes on the way when Montanes started around 1.50. I'd have him closer to 1.60 for this match, so will take this price.
SportTennis
EventGiraldo v Chardy
SelectionChardy
Strength10/10
Date13/07/2011
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 2.52
ReasoningDon't understand this price at all, I have Chardy more like 1.90. I backed him today and he won pretty well, so pretty happy to back him again. Girlado got a good win over Melzer, but somethimes his effort levels leave a lot to be desired. Girlado is dangerous, but I have these guys as very even, so this price looks very good.
SportTennis
EventGarcia-Lopez v Kubot
SelectionGarcia-Lopez
Strength10/10
Date13/07/2011
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 1.72
ReasoningKubot has had some good runs the past few months, but as I've said before I'm not a fan. I think he has a very average game and when not serving great is very vunerable. He didn't serve well in round 1, and Garcia-Lopez can take advantage. GGL is all about confidence, and he should get some from the win over Stepanek in round 1, a guy who plays a very similar game to Kubot. Solid price I feel.
SportTennis
EventSuaraz Navarro v Parra Santonja
SelectionSuaraz Navarro
Strength10/10
Date13/07/2011
Bookmaker/PriceStan James @ 1.90
ReasoningSuaraz Navarro has really suffered with injury problems the last couple of years, after looking like a top player. However, she seems to be getting it together a little and had a good win in round 1. She's several levels above Parra Santonja when at her best and this sort of price is very playable.
SportTennis
EventRamirez Hidalgo v Golubev
SelectionRamirez Hidalgo
Strength10/10
Date13/07/2011
Bookmaker/Price>Betfred @ 1.80
ReasoningGolubev now on a 15 match losing streak, it has to end sometime, but it's really hard to back him before it does. He's coming here after playing Davis Cup in Argentina and might just be here to party. Ramirez Hidalgo is an old school clay courter and can be very solid. He's got a lot of experience and I think he'll take this. Form is patchy but not too bad, and he should have enough here.

Re: Tennis - 11-17 July I like one long-shot after yesterday. (2/10) Back A.Montanes to win ATP Stuttgart @ 8.00 with Bet365 This is obviously placed with laying in mind, but he is not 8.00 shot in my opinion. His road to the finals may look like Andujar - Fognini - Giraldo/Garcia-Lopez and he is the favourite against those opponents. Monfils might get himself out at some stage and the odds will look huge.

Cornet (FRA) vs Pervak (RUS): Cornet @2,100 Pinnacle LOSS Ormaechea (ARG) vs Martinez-Sanchez (ESP): Ormaechea @9,430 Pinnacle LOSS Begu (ROU) vs Camerin (ITA): Camerin @4,210 Pinnacle LOSS Vinci (ITA) vs Karatantcheva (KAZ): Karatantcheva @4,400 Pinnacle LOSS Kulikova (RUS) vs Errani (ITA): Kulikova @4,290 Pinnacle LOSS
PAS GLOP, PAS GLOP :$ Following couple of bad selections completed the disaster. What amazes me is that we missed the only two picks that made sense this week, and this were Robredo losing to Volandri (Robredo did not play 10 weeks after his injury in Monte Carlo, and then he lost in 3 straight sets 1st round in Wimbledon before this match), and Mayer losing to Del Bonis (Mayer was injured during his weekend's Davis Cup match against Gasquet, did lead 2-0, but after that something went wrong with his leg and he easily lost three sets in a row). Instead of this we played stupidities like "Kubot -3" :cry.

Re: Tennis - 11-17 July One more for me today. Certainly agree with homunculus that we were a little naive yesterday. Here's hoping for better. Bastad R2: Jonathan Dasnieres de Veigy v Potito Starace - Under 20.5 games @ 1.943 with Pinnacle 4pts I think this will be a routine win for Starace. The Italian had been a little off-colour going into his match with Reister yesterday but I think that win will have done wonders for his confidence. He is several levels above the French qualifier, who was given a gimmie in the first round against Vinciguerra, who hadn't played competitively since 2010. He still lost a set to the Swede and was a break down in the third. Dasnieres de Veigy isn't anywhere near the level that Starace is, especially on clay. The Italian makes his moolah on this surface. Very solid server who plays the percentages well. It would be a surprise if he couldn't take care of the Frenchman in 20 games or under. Dasnieres de Veigy is a step down from Reister, and I'd hope Starace can take advantage. Unders are more appealing than the handicap, so I'll strike. :hope

Re: Tennis - 11-17 July A couple for me to start the day; Bonderenko vs Larsson – when these two met in Feb 2011 in a Fed Cup match Bonderenko won a tight game 7-6 7-6. Both ladies are in decent form going in to this tie, with Bonderenko progressing a couple of rounds both at Wimbledon and then Budapest last week, following that up with a convincing win over Nuria Vives in the first round here. Larsson has a decent record on clay over the last few years and seems to have stepped up here game since the turn of the year, reaching two semi finals and a final (last week) in WTA events since February. I feel the Larsson may have the edge in terms of form and should get the win however the recent previous match up tells me it might be tight and that’s why I’ll go for Over 20.5 games – 1.80 at unibet Kolar vs Pervak – Nstaja Kolar is very much a rising star in womens tennis, in the last year she has risen around 700 ranking places through continued success in ITF tournaments, including a number of successes on clay in the last couple of months. I believe this is here first major tournament at this level but she showed no signs of nerves when thrashing Kudryavtseva 6-1 6-1 in round one so for me there is no reason why she should have any nerves about this match up with Pervak. Indeed it may be Pervak who is the most worried given the amount of seeds that have already fallen so far in the competition. However she is the more experienced player and is ok on this surface so whilst I’m not confident to completely write off Pervaks chances I’m still happy to go for; Kular to win a set – 1.73 at bwin :hope

Re: Tennis - 11-17 July Hi guys, 1 pick for the ATP Stuttgart match today: FOGNINI TO DEFEAT STEBE @ 1.46 on pinnaclesports A gap in class between two players here. Stebe is a talented young player with good serve and good baseline game as well but Fognini is probably one of the top 20 best players on clay. Stebe's win yesterday over Davydenko means nothing as Davydenko currently doesn't have any patience for baseline rallies necessary on clay and will probably retire soon.

Re: Tennis - 11-17 July Sergiy Stakhovsky vs Federico Del Bonis 2pts S. Stakhovsky to beat F. D. Bonis - Evens with Pinnacle I don't often side with Stakhovsky but i feel that the odds are too good here for a match he has a good chance of winning. The 5/6 available at others places is more of an accurate reflection of his chances i feel. The Ukranian didn't have a great time on the grass but before that he had recorded some good results on the clay. Beating players like Montanes and Hanescu on this surface shows he has the ability to go well on it but on the flip side he has lost a couple of matches that he should maybe have done a bit better in (albeit against players well inside the top 100). Against Pospisil, judging by the stats breakdown, he was a constant threat to his opponents serve and although it did go to 3 sets i am not too worried by that as it was his first match back on the surface. I haven't seen much of Del Bonis but going by his results he is very comfortable on clay. He got a good win in the first round but there are definitely excuses that can be made for his opponent there. I think far too much has been made of that and it is reflected in the way this match has been priced up. He has lost to players ranked much lower than Stakhovsky a few times this year and he doesn't always make it to the main draw of tournaments. Stakhovsky can be solid from the baseline and is a lot more experienced than the man he is facing here. If repeating some of his best form this season he will have too much for the Argentinian who has lost to players of a similar ability a lot already this season. Small stakes but confident Stakhovsky will put on a good show.

Sergiy Stakhovsky vs Federico Del Bonis 2pts S. Stakhovsky to beat F. D. Bonis - Evens with Pinnacle I don't often side with Stakhovsky but i feel that the odds are too good here for a match he has a good chance of winning. The 5/6 available at others places is more of an accurate reflection of his chances i feel. The Ukranian didn't have a great time on the grass but before that he had recorded some good results on the clay. Beating players like Montanes and Hanescu on this surface shows he has the ability to go well on it but on the flip side he has lost a couple of matches that he should maybe have done a bit better in (albeit against players well inside the top 100). Against Pospisil, judging by the stats breakdown, he was a constant threat to his opponents serve and although it did go to 3 sets i am not too worried by that as it was his first match back on the surface. I haven't seen much of Del Bonis but going by his results he is very comfortable on clay. He got a good win in the first round but there are definitely excuses that can be made for his opponent there. I think far too much has been made of that and it is reflected in the way this match has been priced up. He has lost to players ranked much lower than Stakhovsky a few times this year and he doesn't always make it to the main draw of tournaments. Stakhovsky can be solid from the baseline and is a lot more experienced than the man he is facing here. If repeating some of his best form this season he will have too much for the Argentinian who has lost to players of a similar ability a lot already this season. Small stakes but confident Stakhovsky will put on a good show.
Couple of things to take into consideration here Mirage. Del Bonis was outstanding against Mayer, and Stakhovsky has a losing record against lefties (in fact, I think he's lost his last five against them). I had Stakhovsky priced at 1.60 so I'm with you that the bet holds value in that regard. Even still, this could be a dangerous match for the Ukranian - it's a brave man who takes him, IMO.

Couple of things to take into consideration here Mirage. Del Bonis was outstanding against Mayer, and Stakhovsky has a losing record against lefties (in fact, I think he's lost his last five against them). I had Stakhovsky priced at 1.60 so I'm with you that the bet holds value in that regard. Even still, this could be a dangerous match for the Ukranian - it's a brave man who takes him, IMO.
Agree it could be close and to be honest the value meant an extra half point was added. For me with Stakhovsky his mental approach to his games needs improving when it comes to facing the bigger names as i think he sometimes plays the name rather than the player and makes too many errors that way. Against Del Bonis i therefore think that the chance of the Jekyll and Hyde play is greatly reduced (my theory anyway). The Argentine seems to have had a massive problem with consistency this year as after putting in a good performance he has faltered next time out a lot of the times. I mean, he hasn't played more than 2 matches in a tournament since March and only 2 on 4 occasions since then, a couple of times against dire players. I understand what you are saying though, hence the stake, but the price was too good to turn down for me.

Agree it could be close and to be honest the value meant an extra half point was added. For me with Stakhovsky his mental approach to his games needs improving when it comes to facing the bigger names as i think he sometimes plays the name rather than the player and makes too many errors that way. Against Del Bonis i therefore think that the chance of the Jekyll and Hyde play is greatly reduced (my theory anyway). The Argentine seems to have had a massive problem with consistency this year as after putting in a good performance he has faltered next time out a lot of the times. I mean, he hasn't played more than 2 matches in a tournament since March and only 2 on 4 occasions since then, a couple of times against dire players. I understand what you are saying though, hence the stake, but the price was too good to turn down for me.
I watched the Mayer-Del Bonis match yesterday. It was the first time I'd seen him play. He's got a lot of potential. Huge lefty swing and generates a lot of power and top-spin. Decent enough server too but needs to add a bit of consistency. Interesting to note that his record has been poor this year but against Top 100 players or bigger names, he tends to run them close. He was helped by a pathetic display from Mayer yesterday and that's what goes in your favour. It could be a case of Mayer playing so poorly that Del Bonis looked good. Thing is, Stakhovsky's not great on his backhand, he tends to bunt it back and uses slice, so Del Bonis could hit through him. With the right coaching and attitude, Del Bonis could be a very handy player on clay. I personally wanted a plus on Del Bonis, so no danger I'll be getting involved. Stakhovsky, as you correctly say, could well win this too. Let's hope he does the business :ok

Re: Tennis - 11-17 July Fingers crossed, yeah. I sided with Mahut for the first time ever last week at Newport (when he went out!) and Stakhovsky is similar in that i am 90% of the times looking to fade him against the better players. Here's hoping for a different outcome.

Victor Hanescu vs Gael Monfils 2pts V. Hanescu (+ 4 games) to beat G. Monfils AH - 1.94 with Pinnacle Albert Montanes vs Pablo Andujar 4/5pts A. Montanes to beat P. Andujar - 5/6 with Pinnacle
Good fightback from Hanescu to beat Monfils and bring the line in for us. Montanes' match was very up and down in that first set but then Andujar turned on the style to take the next one. Disappointing. -2.12 points for the week.

SportTennis
EventVolandri v Haider-Maurer
SelectionVolandri -1.5 sets
Strength10/10
Date14/07/2011
Bookmaker/Price>William Hill @ 2.62
ReasoningVolandri seems clearly the better on clay here. He benefitted from Robredo retiring but before that I thought he was playing pretty well. When he's on he's got a much higher level than Haider-Maurer, who beat Kukushkin in round 1 who isn't much on clay. Volandri has beaten Haider-Maurer twice this year on clay, both times comfortably. Can't see anything different here.
SportTennis
EventRamirez Hidalgo v Ryderstat
SelectionRamirez Hidalgo -1.5 sets
Strength10/10
Date14/07/2011
Bookmaker/Price>Bet365 @ 2.37
ReasoningRamirez Hidalgo is a class or 2 above here. He won for me in round against Golubev, took 3 sets but he played well throughout. Ryderstat is a very average local player, and is very opposable. He beat Max Gonzalez in round which was a surprise, but I can't see him pulling that off twice and Ramirez Hidalgo should be comfortable here.

Re: Tennis - 11-17 July Winners Ruben Ramirez-Hidalgo > Andrey Golubev. 1.79 @ Pinnacle (6/10) Christian Lindell vs Pere Riba-Madrid. Under 20.5 games. 1.78 @ Bwin (6/10) Victor Hanescu +4.5 vs Gael Monfils. 1.90 @ Bwin. (5/10) Laura Pous-Tio > Kristina Barrois. 1.86 @ Pinnacle (6/10) Carla Suarez-Navarro > Arantxa Parra Santonja. 1.85 @ Bwin (5/10) Losers Lukasz Kubot -3 vs Daniel Gimeno-Traver. 1.93 @ Pinnacle (5/10) Mikhail Youzhny vs Philipp Petzschner. Over 22 games. 1.86 @ Pinnacle (5/10) Pending Guillermo Garcia-Lopez > Lukasz Kubot. 1.75 @ Pinnacle (7/10) Roberta Vinci > Irina Camelia Begu. 1.65 @ Bwin (6/10) Have to be happy with what I've got thus far :)

Re: Tennis - 11-17 July Thursday's selections... Sybille Bammer > Yvonne Meusburger 1.85 @ Pinnacle (5/10) Bammer came out of retirment to play this tournament. She was set and break down against Halep yesterday but managed to win very tight match. Halep had an injury but she was ok to get a win. Was not trying hard enough. Bammer is playing compatriot Meusburger in the 2nd round and that will be perfect match-up as Meusburger is really crap player and Bammer can overpower her. Meusberger had incredible 17 break points against her and was broken seven times by A. Bondarenko yet she managed to win. Bammer has got 2-0 record against Meusburger and should improve that to 3-0. Sara Errani vs Pauline Parmentier. Under 20 games. 1.79 @ Pinnacle (6/10) Sara Errani playing at home and doing it well. She was in the final of this event in 2009, was hammered by Penneta. With Flavia being in poor form Errani has to feel that this might be her year. Parmentier won a Challenger tournament last week in France. She is tired, very tired. She played tough three sets against Craybas and has had three setters in her last five matches. Surely there has to be very little gas left in the tank. As well as tired she will have huge problems dealing with the aggresive style of play that is huge part of Errani's game. The Italian has destroyed Parmentier both times they've met and has not lost more than 3 games in a set. Should be another easy win. Ruben Ramirez-Hidalgo -2.5 vs Michael Ryderstedt. 1.83 @ Pinnacle (5/10) No idea how on earth the Swede managed to beat poor Max Gonzalez but he won't have an easy match against Hidalgo and I think the Spaniard will win. Michael Ryderstedt really all about serve and on clay that is not enough more often than not. One break should be enough for Hidalgo to cover the handicap line. Ryderstedt is doubles player and is poor in singles. That's the bottom line here. Federico Del Bonis > Sergey Stakhovsky. 2.11 @ Pinnacle (4/10) I really don't like Stakhovsky on clay. He's average and was poor in the first round against Pospisil. Del Bonis has finaly made his break-through and has been killing everybody in his first four matches - that's 3 in qualies and one more in the main draw. Crushing Florian Mayer 6-2, 6-3 on German soil is huge and I think Stakhovsky will have his work cut out today.

Bonderenko vs Larsson – Over 20.5 games – 1.80 at unibet Kolar to win a set – 1.73 at bwin :hope
Mixed bag yesterday, with the Kolar bet coming in but no luck in the other as Boderenko thrashed Larrson in the second set 6-0 after a tight 1st set. Still up for the week after Tuesdays results so not all bad ;) Only bet i've taken so far for today; Begu +3 games vs Vinci – 1.91 at bet365 Todays 2nd round match in Palermo is a re-run of last Sundays final in Budapest. Vinci won that match but that was probably more down to Begu messing up her big opportunity in the third set (when she could have gone 5-2 up with 3 break points) rather than Vinci simply being too good. Begu even won one more game in that match than Vinci, so I think its worth taking Begu on the + handicap here. There is a number of handicap wins that I fancy in the games with Almagro, Ferrer, and Maria Jose Martinez Sanchez but I may try and catch some in play betting on those and hope that its stays tight for the first couple of games so the -handicap prices drop. The current odds just arent good enough for me to take at the moment. :hope

Re: Tennis - 11-17 July I had another pretty miserable day yesterday with only Juan Monaco coming in, and even that was a struggle. Bad losses this week which are pretty unassailable. I wanted to get involved today, to claw something back, but not seeing a great deal. Good luck to all involved though :ok

Thursday's selections... Sybille Bammer > Yvonne Meusburger 1.85 @ Pinnacle (5/10) Bammer came out of retirment to play this tournament. She was set and break down against Halep yesterday but managed to win very tight match. Halep had an injury but she was ok to get a win. Was not trying hard enough. Bammer is playing compatriot Meusburger in the 2nd round and that will be perfect match-up as Meusburger is really crap player and Bammer can overpower her. Meusberger had incredible 17 break points against her and was broken seven times by A. Bondarenko yet she managed to win. Bammer has got 2-0 record against Meusburger and should improve that to 3-0. Sara Errani vs Pauline Parmentier. Under 20 games. 1.79 @ Pinnacle (6/10) Sara Errani playing at home and doing it well. She was in the final of this event in 2009, was hammered by Penneta. With Flavia being in poor form Errani has to feel that this might be her year. Parmentier won a Challenger tournament last week in France. She is tired, very tired. She played tough three sets against Craybas and has had three setters in her last five matches. Surely there has to be very little gas left in the tank. As well as tired she will have huge problems dealing with the aggresive style of play that is huge part of Errani's game. The Italian has destroyed Parmentier both times they've met and has not lost more than 3 games in a set. Should be another easy win. Ruben Ramirez-Hidalgo -2.5 vs Michael Ryderstedt. 1.83 @ Pinnacle (5/10) No idea how on earth the Swede managed to beat poor Max Gonzalez but he won't have an easy match against Hidalgo and I think the Spaniard will win. Michael Ryderstedt really all about serve and on clay that is not enough more often than not. One break should be enough for Hidalgo to cover the handicap line. Ryderstedt is doubles player and is poor in singles. That's the bottom line here. Federico Del Bonis > Sergey Stakhovsky. 2.11 @ Pinnacle (4/10) I really don't like Stakhovsky on clay. He's average and was poor in the first round against Pospisil. Del Bonis has finaly made his break-through and has been killing everybody in his first four matches - that's 3 in qualies and one more in the main draw. Crushing Florian Mayer 6-2, 6-3 on German soil is huge and I think Stakhovsky will have his work cut out today.
Agree with you with Errani I will take Errani -5.5 games @ 2.10 bet365. I will also take Patricia Mayr-Achleitner to beat Petra Martić @ 1.53 bet365

Re: Tennis - 11-17 July Stakhovsky was poor so a loss there. One more for today..... Ruben Ramirez Hidalgo vs Michael Ryderstedt 3pts R. Ramirez Hidalgo (-3 games) to win AH - 5/6 with Pinnacle I missed the -2.5 line but i still think this is a good price with the push option there. Ryderstedt is an average singles player and i think that if this was anywhere other than his home land the price would be a lot shorter or the line higher for Hidalgo to cover. He seems to prefer the harder courts more as that is what nearly all hs singles matches this year have been on and his win in the first round was a massive shock. The fact he has little experience against proven clay courter is a major negative coming into this match. Even though he beat Gonzalez i still have little confidence in him repeating that form here. Hidalgo had a much tougher match on paper in round 1 and, despite being pushed in the first set, he destroyed his opponent. He never served too great so to take the last 2 sets 6-1 6-2 with his first serve percentage being pretty low is very encouraging. He is a proven clay courter and on the suraface is a few steps ahead of his opponent in every department. Hidalgo has a great record on the surface at challenger level and that is where he will have faced players as limited as Ryderstedt so there is enough there to suggest that he will come through this well enough to cover the line.

SportTennis
EventVinci v Begu
SelectionVinci -1.5 sets
Strength10/10
Date14/07/2011
Bookmaker/PriceLadbrokes @ 2.75
ReasoningI'm going to have a go on Vinci this evening. She won Bucarest last week beating Begu in the final in 3 sets. She seemed to give up on the middle set as we saw a lot of players do during the week as they struggled in the hot conditions. Now playing at home I expected a stronger performance and should be able to take this without the loss of a set.

Only bet i've taken so far for today; Begu +3 games vs Vinci – 1.91 at bet365 :hope
Begu continues her great run of form on clay :ok Again taken just the one so far for tomorrow, but may be back with more; Pennetta vs Pironkova - Pennetta -3 games 2.0 at bet365 I've been having a good look at Pironkova's record on clay and there is really not much to shout about for her. She very rarely troubles the later stages of comps and she hasn't got to a qtr final on clay since Warsaw in May 2010, where she lost in straights. Pennetta hasn't quite found the same form this year on the clay as she did last year, but some decent solid performances in Budapest have been followed up by more of the same in Palermo. Its a competition she likes and her successes previously indicate she is not overawed by the home crowd so I cant see an upset happening here. A break in each set for Pennetta would cover this handicap and I don't believe that is at all beyond the realms of possibility. :hope

Re: Tennis - 11-17 July I've also been having a good think about going for Boderenko on the -1.5 handicap against Navarro in Austria tommorow (odds are 1.83). The thought for this bet came simply from the fact that Boderenko has won a set 6-0 in both of her last two rounds. For me this shows that if Boderenko senses a weakness in her opponent that she is quick to take advantage of it. Theoretically she could lose the match but if she has a 6-0 or a 6-1 etc in the bag then the handicap could still be hit. I haven't seen much of Boderenko over the last year or so, and have seen very little of Navarro so would anyone be able to offer any advice as to whether Navarro is the type of player who could be easily overawed by Bonderenko, albeit just for one set. A lot of women's players are prone to lapses in concentation, is Navarro the same??? :\

Re: Tennis - 11-17 July Just taken another for today; Juan Carlos Ferrero -3 games 1.83 at bet365 The two head to heads between Ferrero and Granoller currently stands at 2-0 Ferrero, with both games being on clay and both games comfortably beating this handicap for Ferrero. Ferrero has missed a lot of competitions over the last year due to injury, but he's reached the quarters in two out of the three clay events he's played this year so there are some signs that he is back on form. If thats the case then I dont think Grannollers has enough to trouble him as the head to heads seem to suggest. Small stakes however. :hope

Re: Tennis - 11-17 July Four for me today. Bastad R2: Guillermo Olaso v Nicolas Almagro - Under 18.5 games @ 1.98 with Pinnacle 4pts Toyed with this bet yesterday and definitely striking today. The rain delay at this event is going to mean the top players will want it done quickly. The winner of this match will have to play again today so I expect Almagro in particular will want to reduce court time. There's a big difference in quality with these two. Olaso has only really broken on to the Challenger circuit and got a nice R1 draw against Antonio Veic, which he took advantage of (good H2H record). Almagro's in a different league. The Spaniard has been tearing up the clay 250 events this year and is defending champion. Plenty of motivation and I'd expect him to dispatch of Olaso pretty comfortably. Stuttgart QF: Cedrik-Marcel Stebe v Pablo Andujar - Cedrik-Marcel Stebe +3 games AH @ 2.01 with Pinnacle 4pts It's certainly been a week for the plus handicap in Stuttgart. Not one seed is left in the draw :eek Stebe's taken out one in Nikolay Davydenko and he beat Fabio Fognini yesterday in straights. Very talented young player, with a difficult lefty game. He's the only German left in the draw so he'll have plenty of home support too. He's got a nice backhand and a good compact game and he's probably worth shorter odds, especially considering he beat Andujar on clay last year in Oberhausen. The Spaniard has come on since then and is an improved and more confident player. Very strong off the deck and should pose a good challenge to Stebe. Could easily see this one going the distance and with that in mind, I'm happy to side with the Stebe plus at over 2.00, especially as he's beaten him before. Stuttgart QF: Lukasz Kubot v Santiago Giraldo - Over 22 games AH @ 1.80 with 188bet 4pts Not the best odds but the line ought to be higher. Kubot is a three-set lover. Not sure of the exact stats but he's played an insane number of overs matches recently. I can envisage another one in this clash with Giraldo, as we're looking at two different styles of play. Kubot's an old-fashioned serve and volleyer, while Giraldo likes to hit seven shades of excrement out of the ball. They met last year at the Australian Open and Kubot won in four. With a semi-final at stake, I can't see either man giving up easily. Kubot went the distance with Guillermo Garcia-Lopez and Daniel Gimeno-Traver, and Giraldo was taken to three by Jeremy Chardy. 22 games seems quite low considering that neither man is wholly capable of closing this out in two. Bastad QF: Tomas Berdych v Blaz Kavcic - Under 19.5 games @ 2.04 with Pinnacle 3pts I mentioned the conditions earlier and I expect Berdych won't want to hang around either. Kavcic probably should be back in Slovenia right now. Got out of jail against Julien Benneteau and then benefitted from Juan Monaco withdrawing. No such gifts here. Berdych likes Bastad - he has a good record - and gave Teymuraz Gabashvili a bit of a spanking in R2. Kavcic is actually quite a handy player off the deck but his serve is really weak, a part of his game that is holding him back. He'll give the Czech chances and you can't afford to do that against him because he holds his own serve with relative ease as he gets plenty of cheap points off it. They met in Chennai earlier in the year (outdoor hard) and Berdych won 6-3 6-3: a similar result today would be no surprise. :hope

Re: Tennis - 11-17 July Played huge Begu +2.5 yesterday which took me out of troubles this week, so I can afford a small pleasure bet Berdych vs Kavcic: Kavcic + 5 games @2.07 Pinnacle Cannot resist this one. Out of the 14 tournaments this year Berdych has played, in only 6 he reached the stage he should according to his seed position. None of these 6 was a 250 event. He is seed #3 in Bastad, so he is supposed to reach semifinal (against Soderling most probably), but according to this rule he will not. I am not brave enough to bet Kavcic as a straight winner, but 1) god only knows why Berdych is here. He is not defending any points and as far as I know he is not going to Hamburg clay next week. 2) Berdy is a known choker, clay being his worst surface 3) Blaz is steadily climbing in the ranking and takes his (lucky) run here as big opportunity GL :hope

Re: Tennis - 11-17 July Poor week for me so far, some results in both Sweden and Germany that i would never have called. One for me today: Santiago Giraldo vs Lukasz Kubot 3/5 points over 22.5 games - 1.95 with Pinnacle This match has overs written all over it for me. Both players haven't had the easiest ride in getting here, both being taken to 3 sets in the earlier rounds. Kubot's serve will make it tough for him to be broke so there is a real possibility of a tie breaker in the match - something that is obviously a huge plus. These players have been in decent form and are more than capable of beating each other and with their only previous meeting resulting in a 4-setter, there is a good chance that this one will be hard fought and have plenty of games in it.