** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Was I right to call with KK or should I have shoved ?

Chromehead

FT of a $1 MTT payouts are :- 1.$66.50 2.$42.56 3.$26.60 4.$17.56 I was in 2nd place at the time. In SB TEXAS_HOLDEM, NO_LIMIT, T5-157757845-157 played at "Table #10" for USD RM from 7/9/2011 5:33:07 PM until 7/9/2011 5:33:28 PM -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Seat 3: Fortinbraz_x (33771) Seat 4: x_Khromehead (124195)((hero- ME)) Seat 5: caridade22 (208994) Seat 6: lycancarlton (32040) -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Antes/Blinds x_Khromehead posts ante (700), caridade22 posts ante (700), lycancarlton posts ante (700), Fortinbraz_x posts ante (700), x_Khromehead posts blind (3500), caridade22 posts blind (7000). x_Khromehead dealt [ KC,KD ] Pre-Flop lycancarlton raises to 31340 and is all-in, Fortinbraz_x folds, x_Khromehead calls 31340, caridade22 calls 31340. Flop [board cards: 3S,7C,5D ] x_Khromehead bets 92155 and is all-in, caridade22 calls 92155. Turn [board cards: 3S,7C,5D,4H ] River [board cards: 3S,7C,5D,4H,6H ] Showdown x_Khromehead shows [ KC,KD ] caridade22 shows [ 8C,8S ] lycancarlton shows [ AD,TS ] caridade22 wins 96820, caridade22 wins 184310. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Summary Dealer: Fortinbraz_x Pot: 281130 Fortinbraz_x, loses 700 x_Khromehead, loses 124195 caridade22, bets 124195, collects 281130, net 156935 lycancarlton, loses 32040

Re: Was I right to call with KK or should I have shoved ?

Definetly shoving pre there to isolate' date=' if he calls then you are just unlucky.[/quote'] agree with Jason, but to be honest i dont think he was gonna fold no matter what, unlucky

Re: Was I right to call with KK or should I have shoved ? I would of shoved pre to iso, i mean the guy with 88 can look at your stack and think " do i need to flip with my chip lead against him?" also depends on dynamics too, was he a gambler or reasonably decent/tight? , but i dont think your call pre is wrong either, you was just unlucky. Just a note for next time, if you intend trapping in a similiar situation, i would check that flop and jam/call any raise/shove. Hopefully the poker gods "owe" you one deep next time :). Mark

• 2 months later...

Re: Was I right to call with KK or should I have shoved ? Shove preflop to isolate the player .. you don't A X type hands calling and spiking an A on the flop ... flop was unlucky as the big stack is unlikely to fold an overpair and draw. But preflop I do not like the call better to shove and if he calls well good luck.

• 3 weeks later...

Re: Was I right to call with KK or should I have shoved ? I'd shove this, calling may make yourself look weak or even extra strong... but calling gives you a disadvantage of allowing more people to enter the pot due to them having a tiny bit of fold equity or even see flop if they are a donkey. Just get it in

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Shove is the way. At least make the 88 think about folding. At that stage he knows he's trapped, and he may just bail. His flat call with 88 is crap play, and you really want to beat him for his other 91k