** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Rugby League handicap betting payout question!

Had a bet tonight at the local independant bookies and did warrington to beat huddersfield with a -12 handicap the match finished 28-16 and so the handicap was a draw, ive read various websites regarding handicap betting and im unsure if this bet will be void (due to it being a draw) or has it lost? I asked the bookmaker what the handicap odds where but he never actually give me odds for a draw only + or - for each side. Im thinking the bet is a loser but just want to clarify it

Re: Rugby League handicap betting payout question! Online if you had that bet it would be a loser. Usualy you have a + score, a - score and then the draw. Some bookies offer 2 way handicaps but then you get 12.5 not 12 as the handicap. So as said, if your in england i think it might be a loser. Luckily I got my bet with sportingodds last night as they were offering -10 :) If you bet handicap a bit its worth having a few online accounts as there is often a big points difference between them, sometimes up to 4 or 5 points if you get on early

Re: Rugby League handicap betting payout question! Ah, sorry! I guess the price will be the best indicator then... ...surely they don't give 1.90 for each 'win' with a draw option. :\ Either way, probably best to go and ask... ...nicely. :lol

Re: Rugby League handicap betting payout question!

Ah, sorry! I guess the price will be the best indicator then... ...surely they don't give 1.90 for each 'win' with a draw option. :\ Either way, probably best to go and ask... ...nicely. :lol
they do... at 16/1 for the draw. the bet is a loser mate, sorry!

Re: Rugby League handicap betting payout question!

:eek :eek Definately time for the young man to get some online book 'love'. :ok
Suppose... but even then he would have probably backed the -12.5 handicap...and still lost.