** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Germany - Bundesliga II - 15-18 July

Re: Germany - Bundesliga II - 15-18 July Braunschweig vs 1860 Munich - Braunschweig AH (-0.25) @ 2.50 - Bet365 1pt Due to it being the first weekend I will only be taking one bet and that's with a team I am familiar with. I visit my Nan in Germany who lives mightly close to Braunschweig and from what I could tell when I am mimbling around is that they love their Football. They have a 25k seater which is usually full to the rafters in the so called bigger games but the majority turn out in their numbers week in week out. Anyway, Braunschweig blitzed the 3. Liga last season with their home form being key to their success. They won a massive sixteen games, drew one and only lost twice on their turf. Even the season before the one just gone (2009/2010) they won thirteen at home, drew three and lost the remaining three. Braunschweig accumalated 81 goals over the course of the season and just the 22 flying in their own net. Most of the credit for that has to go to Kumbela (38 apps, 19 goals) and Kruppke (34 apps, 16 goals); who they have managed to keep hold of which is a massive coup. They have strengthened their side with a few players and shouldn't feel too out of place in the step up in standard. 1860 Munich had big expectations put on their shoulders last season but could only muster a 9th placed finish. They have masses of quality but their away form isn't great which let them down slightly. They won seven, drew three but lost seven of their matches away from home. If they have any ideas of getting promoted this needs to be looked at closely. Both have had decent pre-seasons but another thing I noticed was their first round matches. 1860 lost 3-2 to Bochum away from home last season while Braunschweig beat Dynamo Dresden 2-1 at their gaf (and Osnabruck 1-0 the season before that.) Big crowd, confidence from last season and excellent home form; you just have to take on the home side here even with the slight quality difference.

Re: Germany - Bundesliga II - 15-18 July Karlsruhe vs Duisburg - Duisburg AH (-0.25) @ 2.20 - Bet365 1pt I decided against just the one bet and took on Duisburg who are looking strong in the build up to this coming season. Despite the 2-0 loss to Bochum (who I think will win or come close to winning the Bundesliga 2 this season) they have blitzed through their friendlies winning the remaining six, netting at least twice in each. They will look to open their campaign up with 3 points against a different looking opponent. Their opponents, Karlsruhe, have had a massive shuffle amongst their squad after finishing 15th last season. They have sold two key players to Monchengladbach; Zimmermann (33 apps, the most of any Karlsruhe player last season) and midfielder Rupp (24 apps, 3 goals). They have let 17 depart but have bought the same amount back in which could cause communication problems at the start of the campaign. I can't find any information on their friendlies but I can imagine they have been trying to bond during the summer season. Due to their team/squad perhaps still trying to find time to gel I am happy to be with Duisburg here with a little cover. Duisburg have lost a few players themselves but dipped into the markets to secure replacements. Karlsruhe lost 4-1 in their first game last season while Duisburg took 3 points away from Osnabruck with a 3-1 win. They also beat Frankurt 2-1 the season before that away from home. Duisburg have previously started well and can catch Karlsruhe in a transitional period next weekend.

Re: Germany - Bundesliga II - 15-18 July I think it is a good idea to stay away from high stakes because it's just the beginning of the season.Duisburg,Karlsruhe and 1860 have changed half of their squad.They start early because all teams from the second league wanted to be better preperaded for the cup games at the end of the month. It probably takes sometime until they play like a team. GL:ok

Re: Germany - Bundesliga II - 15-18 July where hell the benny is ? :sad (i also would like to ask if anyone can share websites, opinions on preseason works of the teams and on expectations this year..i know, skysports and espn have complete entries on England Leauges every preseason time..Goal.com publish this kind of stories also for top leauges but i couldn't see such available info for Bundesliga II or Italy B or so lower leauges.)

Re: Germany - Bundesliga II - 15-18 July

where hell the benny is ? :sad (i also would like to ask if anyone can share websites, opinions on preseason works of the teams and on expectations this year..i know, skysports and espn have complete entries on England Leauges every preseason time..Goal.com publish this kind of stories also for top leauges but i couldn't see such available info for Bundesliga II or Italy B or so lower leauges.)
I think people moaning about him posting short before kick-off made him not posting further... ;)

I think people moaning about him posting short before kick-off made him not posting further... ;)
Yep, the same people who contribute nothing to the forum other than moaning..(nori I am referring to people like you who do nothing but BEG for information from others!), real shame, one of the very few members who put a lot of time into his previews, I and I'm sure many others, appreciated it. :ok

Re: Germany - Bundesliga II - 15-18 July Hi guys. How are you thinking about Erzgebirge Aue - Erzebirge Aue to win? Since 2005 they always won at home to Alemannia Aachen. Odds are 2.36 @Betfair, but I have a feeling that the odds will go down.

I think it is a good idea to stay away from high stakes because it's just the beginning of the season.Duisburg,Karlsruhe and 1860 have changed half of their squad.They start early because all teams from the second league wanted to be better preperaded for the cup games at the end of the month. It probably takes sometime until they play like a team. GL:ok
Yeah I was a little cautious, I only put a point on each bet and took half draw cover so I'll be happy with just the one winning to be fair. Both would be an absolute bonus!

Re: Germany - Bundesliga II - 15-18 July St.Pauli - Ingolstadt 08.07.11 St.Pauli - Brondby(Dk, 1st) - 2-0 07.07.11 St.Pauli - Osnabruck (Ger, 3rd) - 1-3 01.07.11 St.Pauli - Midtjylland (Dk, 1st) - 1-0 28.06.11 St.Pauli - Bielefeld (Ger, 3rd) - 1-1 09.07.11 Ingolstadt - Hamburger SV (Ger 1st) - 2-4 06.07.11 Ingolstadt - Wehen (Ger 3rd) - 1-6 02.07.11 Ingolstadt - Sestaponi (Georgia 1st) 29.06.11 Ingolstadt - Dinamo Bukarest (Rom 1st) - 1-0 St.Pauli is back in 2nd Bundesliga and I think they will play a good role this season. Even if they were relegated they didn´t lose many players. In the season 2009/10 when they archieved promotion they had almost the same squad like now. Only goalkeeper Hain retired, he is replaced by Tschauner from 1860. Midfielder Lehmann transfered to Frankfurt but St.Pauli got young talent Funk on loan from Stuttgart(9 appearences 10/11). Ozcipka went back to Leverkusen, he will be replayced by Schachten(13 appearences 10/11) who comes from Gladbach. All other regulars which played this brilliant season 1 year ago are the same and they added striker Saglik, defender Zambrano(who will be out due to injury), offensive player Bartels and some young talents like Sobiech(from BVB II), Daube and Kalla (both from own youth). Especially their offence with fast, creative and dangerous offensive midfielders like Kruse(7 goals 09/10), Takyi(8 goals 09/10) and Naki(7 goals 09/10) are very difficult to stop by opponents defence. With Ebbers (20 goals 09/10) and Saglik(15 goals 09/10 at Paderborn) they have two solid strikers as well. The new coach is Schubert from Paderborn, hero Stanislawski went to Hoffenheim. But Schubert were in charge of Paderborn the last two seasons and archieved good results, so I think I cannot be a bad coach at all. Saglik who had a difficult last year at Bochum played together with Schubert at Paderborn and scored 15 times so hopefully he can show his abilities again at St.Pauli. Ebbers, Zambrano and Daube will miss, especially Zambrano is a big blow. Ebbers will be replaced by Saglik today and I think this is quite good for Saglik as I think he needs to be the leader on the pitch to play at his best. Their test matches weren´t convincing at all, 1-3 and 1-1 against 3rd division teams and tight victories against danish teams. Ingolstadt with a great year 2011, only 5 teams in 2nd Bundesliga got more points. I expected that with their financial power because of sponsor "Audi" they would aim for promotion this season but they didn´t sign many new players. They lost Futacs and Karl but both weren´t regulars. They bought Haas(Furth), Schafer(Karlsruhe), Ikeng (Bremen II), Andersen(Osnabruck) and goalkeeper Özcan(Hoffenheim). Ikeng is a great talented offensive midfielder but didn´t played many matches due to injuries last season. Except for maybe Haas all new signings are medicore 2nd division players. So I don´t think they will be able to chase for promotion this season. Their test matches results were horrible, they were crushed by 3rd league topteam Wehen Wiesbaden 6-1 and didn´t play with second squad. Then they lost 2-4 against Hamburger SV which lost in a friendly 1-5 to Wolfsburg a few days earlier. Ingolstadt has all players available. All in all I see St.Pauli aiming for promotion with a great offence and Ingolstadt should end in the middle of the table. Both teams showed problems especially in defence in their test matches but Ingolstadt were just horrible. The match will be held at Lübeck, 70km north of Hamburg and this will be a blow for the hosts. Usually they play in front of 22.000 very special spectators, now they will play in an other stadium with only 10.000 supporters(stadium won´t be sold out). But Ingolstadt wasn´t a great away teams last season. St.Paulis offence is great and they crushed 09/10 especially the weaker teams often with many goals, so I recommend the handicap -0.75. So, I will take the very, very nice odds on St.Pauli -0.75 (2.25, I recommend the -0.5 (1.95) as well) and also have a bet on over 2.5(1.9). Erzgebirge Aue - Alemannia Aachen test matches: 08.07.11 Aachen - Volendam (Ned 2nd) - 3-0 04.07.11 Aachen - Dusseldorf (Ger 2nd) - 0-1 (45min) 04.07.11 Aachen - Gladbach (Ger 1st) - 0-0 (45min) 30.06.11 Aachen - Munster (Ger 3rd) - 0-0 24.06.11 Aachen - Dynamo Kiev (Ukr 1st) - 0-2 21.06.11 Aachen - Salzburg (Aut 1st) - 0-2 09.07.11 Aue - Teplice (Cze 1st) - 3-2 06.07.11 Aue - Plauen (Ger 4th) - 1-1 01.07.11 Aue - Meuselwitz (Ger 4th) - 4-0 Aachen sold important offensive players like Höger and Stieber and this loss of offensive power was shown in their test matches. Aue didn´t sell important players, bought some new strikers (Kocer, König, Cappek) but Kocer and Cappek only played 3rd league until now and König wasn´t impressive in 2nd division. I cannot imagine that Aue will be able to repeat their great last season but Aachen will need time to build up a new offence.

Yep' date=' the same people who contribute nothing to the forum other than moaning..(nori I am referring to people like you who do nothing but BEG for information from others!), real shame, one of the very few members who put a lot of time into his previews, I and I'm sure many others, appreciated it. :ok[/quote'] yep totally agree the interest in this thread is not great anyway especially with the departure of benny. people need to realise he would never post his picks earlier because he has a mailing service only his customers would get the picks early hence the best possible prices . if you want his picks early sign up for his service

Re: Germany - Bundesliga II - 15-18 July 16.07.2011 - Germany Bundesliga 2 - St. Pauli vs. Ingolstadt 04 http://www.oddsportal.com/soccer/germany/2-bundesliga-2011-2012/st-pauli-ingolstadt-806195/#ah;2 Ingolstadt 04 (+0.5) Odds: 1.87 (IBCBET) Stake: 3/10 The line in this game is unrealistic and does not reflect the relative strength between these two teams. Both teams should roughly have the same quality. if I just look on the player's names. But Ingolstadt has the major advantage that they are much better attuned. Furthermore, we may not forget that this game will take place at a neutral venue in Lübeck. St. Pauli's home ground, the "Millertornstadion", is known for a brilliant atmosphere and St. Pauli is known for being a pretty strong home side. However, not so many fans will attend this game, so that a new all-time low of fans is expected. St. Paulis new manager Andre Schubert says: "Of course it is like an away match for us. We have to spend the night before the game in Lübeck, are not in our own stadium and we will have less supporters. It can't be helped." Besides this, I am very sure that this season will be difficult for St. Pauli and although they came down from 1. Bundesliga, they will have nothing to do with promotion because their squad is simply too weak. Atmosphere is not really good too, since club legend and former manager Holger Stanislawski left the club. St. Pauli will be without Moritz Volz, Marius Ebbers, Carlos Zambrano, Rouwen Hennings and Dennis Daube due to injury. All these players were important ones in the last season and these missings reduce the team's quality. Ingolstadt played a more than decent second half of the last season and they ultimately displayed their qualities. For this season, they did not lose any mentionable player besides Markus Karl who went to Union Berlin. On the other hand, they signed some quality players, with Leo Haas leading the way. Haas came from Furth and he is a midfielder with an excellent technical ability and strong free kicks. The missing of strong defender Tobias Fink hurts, new signing Andreas Schäfer from KSC will replace him here. The back four of Ingolstadt makes a solid impression and is more or less very well attuned, only the wing defence positions might be weak points. The midfield has a good mix of technical skilled players (Leo Haas & Caiuby), a small and fast forward (Andreas Buchner) as well as physical strong backup (Malte Metzelder). Only Leo Hass is new here but he should acclimatize himself quickly since he is a very experienced player. Ingolstadt's captain and best player Stefan Leitl builds the strike duo together with Moritz Hartmann who lately improved a lot in the end stages of last season. To sum up, we will see two mediocre and pretty even sides on a neutral venue. Ingolstadt has the advantage that they are much better attuned and that they have a very succesful second leg at the back, while St. Pauli comes back from a poor Bundesliga season with some horrible games like the 1:8 against Bayern Munich some weeks ago at the back of their mind. The very early start of this season and the shorter preparation should also be an advantage for Ingolstadt because they have not lost their rhythm while St. Pauli probably did not have enough time to fully recover. To cut a long story short, a +0.5 line on Ingolstadt is not justified here. However, only small stakes because I appreciate St. Pauli's new manager Andre Schubert a lot, because Ingolstadt had some pretty poor test results and due to the fact that early rounds in a season are always full of suprises.

where hell the benny is ? :sad (i also would like to ask if anyone can share websites, opinions on preseason works of the teams and on expectations this year..i know, skysports and espn have complete entries on England Leauges every preseason time..Goal.com publish this kind of stories also for top leauges but i couldn't see such available info for Bundesliga II or Italy B or so lower leauges.)
I decided to post again here, I will just ignore those who provoke me because I want to help some people here to get more knowledge in this league. To your second point, I wanted to do something like that but were simply too busy in this short break. Probably, I will do something like that in the winter break.

Re: Germany - Bundesliga II - 15-18 July Yeah thanks, unfortunately not a good start.

16.07.2011 - Germany Bundesliga 2 - St. Pauli vs. Ingolstadt 04 http://www.oddsportal.com/soccer/germany/2-bundesliga-2011-2012/st-pauli-ingolstadt-806195/#ah;2 Ingolstadt 04 (+0.5) Odds: 1.87 (IBCBET) Stake: 3/10 The line in this game is unrealistic and does not reflect the relative strength between these two teams. Both teams should roughly have the same quality. if I just look on the player's names. But Ingolstadt has the major advantage that they are much better attuned. Furthermore, we may not forget that this game will take place at a neutral venue in Lübeck. St. Pauli's home ground, the "Millertornstadion", is known for a brilliant atmosphere and St. Pauli is known for being a pretty strong home side. However, not so many fans will attend this game, so that a new all-time low of fans is expected. St. Paulis new manager Andre Schubert says: "Of course it is like an away match for us. We have to spend the night before the game in Lübeck, are not in our own stadium and we will have less supporters. It can't be helped." Besides this, I am very sure that this season will be difficult for St. Pauli and although they came down from 1. Bundesliga, they will have nothing to do with promotion because their squad is simply too weak. Atmosphere is not really good too, since club legend and former manager Holger Stanislawski left the club. St. Pauli will be without Moritz Volz, Marius Ebbers, Carlos Zambrano, Rouwen Hennings and Dennis Daube due to injury. All these players were important ones in the last season and these missings reduce the team's quality. Ingolstadt played a more than decent second half of the last season and they ultimately displayed their qualities. For this season, they did not lose any mentionable player besides Markus Karl who went to Union Berlin. On the other hand, they signed some quality players, with Leo Haas leading the way. Haas came from Furth and he is a midfielder with an excellent technical ability and strong free kicks. The missing of strong defender Tobias Fink hurts, new signing Andreas Schäfer from KSC will replace him here. The back four of Ingolstadt makes a solid impression and is more or less very well attuned, only the wing defence positions might be weak points. The midfield has a good mix of technical skilled players (Leo Haas & Caiuby), a small and fast forward (Andreas Buchner) as well as physical strong backup (Malte Metzelder). Only Leo Hass is new here but he should acclimatize himself quickly since he is a very experienced player. Ingolstadt's captain and best player Stefan Leitl builds the strike duo together with Moritz Hartmann who lately improved a lot in the end stages of last season. To sum up, we will see two mediocre and pretty even sides on a neutral venue. Ingolstadt has the advantage that they are much better attuned and that they have a very succesful second leg at the back, while St. Pauli comes back from a poor Bundesliga season with some horrible games like the 1:8 against Bayern Munich some weeks ago at the back of their mind. The very early start of this season and the shorter preparation should also be an advantage for Ingolstadt because they have not lost their rhythm while St. Pauli probably did not have enough time to fully recover. To cut a long story short, a +0.5 line on Ingolstadt is not justified here. However, only small stakes because I appreciate St. Pauli's new manager Andre Schubert a lot, because Ingolstadt had some pretty poor test results and due to the fact that early rounds in a season are always full of suprises.
FT 2:0 - 3u Balanced first half without any opportunities, only Ingolstadt's Görlitz had one good chance. In the second half, St. Pauli scored through their first goal chance (a direct free-kick goal). In return, Ingolstadt had a few golden chances but they missed them. St. Pauli extended their lead then. All in all, St Pauli's victory was not undeserved because they played with more effort and passion but the +0.5 on Ingolstadt was not justified because the game was pretty even.

Re: Germany - Bundesliga II - 15-18 July Germany Bundesliga 2 - 17.07.2011: Eintracht Braunschweig vs. TSV 1860 Munchen http://www.oddsportal.com/soccer/germany/2-bundesliga-2011-2012/braunschweig-munich-1860-806202/#ah;2 TSV 1860 Munchen (+0) Odds: 2.60 (PinnacleSports) Stake: 3/10 Much as I would like to see my local team winning here, they are just completely overrated. Braunschweig is new from the 3. Bundesliga and they really played an amazing season. In the team, there are not so many changes but they gave away their best player Karim Bellarabi and the "replacement" Oliver Petersch (from RW Oberhausen) is just roughly two classes weaker. Petersch was one of the worst players of the last 2. Bundesliga season and I do not know what Braunschweig wants to achieve with this signing. Also, they signed Correira, someone who still has a big lack of experience. Both, Petersch and Correira are expected in the back four. Petersch was always a weak point when he defended for former 2. Bundesliga team Oberhausen, Correira is very unexperienced. Last year, Braunschweig's incredible strong defence was their key to success but I have no idea what they want to achieve with Correira and Petersch .. but manager Lieberknecht has no other choice since his regular defenders Dogan and Kessel will be both out due to injury (Kessel is at least highly doubtful). Their back four looks really poor now and will have big problems against 1860's fast and technical high skilled offensive players. Besides Petersch and Correira, there are no more mentionable signings, just a few players from lower divisions. Braunschweig is a very young team with a young manager and their key to success in the last season was fast, direct and pressurize play. But today, Braunschweig does not play against a plain vanilla team or something, in fact they just play against one of the strongest away teams of this league which has recently been great in form. In the end of last season, 1860 showed the best football. Due to the bad first round of the season, it did not help them that much but the way how they played was simply impressing. The "magic square" with Daniel Halfar (who is definitely the strongest winger of this league), Stefan Aigner, Kevin Volland Benny Lauth was incredible strong. Especially their fastness and perfect counter ability was very important in away games. Today it will be the same, although Aigner is still doubtful but Daniel Bierofka is an equal replacement. I am sure that 1860's very strong wings will be able to exploit the rather weak wing defence positions of Braunschweig (Petersch and Reichel). 1860's defence still makes a very solid impression and should not have too big problems with defending against Braunschweig. Moreover, 1860 has high ambitions in this year anyway. Their new investor from Jordania said that he wants to bring 1860 at one level with Bayern and Barcelona sooner or later. So what kind of game will we see? Braunschweig will play with euphoria and will push forward. 1860's defence should be strong enough to defend, although the slowness of 1860's central defenders could be a problem against Braunschweig's very small forwards. But 1860's whole defence made a very strong impression in the friendlies and if need be, there are still the strong "6ers" Bülow and Stahl. Both are in a perfect shape and both are great in winning balls. They both are nearly invisible on the pitch but they are so important because of their fantastic ball winning ability. Their physical play will be helpful against Braunschweig's small forwards like Kumbela, Boland and so on. Braunschweig's defence was always their biggest strength but without their best defender Dogan and without regular Kessel, it will be different. The poor replacements Petersch and Correira mean two big weak points in Braunschweig's defence. Manager Lieberknecht said a few days ago that every team will be clear favourite against his team. Of course that is some kind of understatement, but they can never be the favourite against promotion canidate 1860. Ultimately, still the most likely lineups: Eintracht Braunschweig: Petkovic - Petersch, Henn, Correia, Reichel - Theuerkauf - Zimmermann, Vrancic, Kruppke, Boland - Kumbela TSV 1860 München: Kiraly - Malura, Schindler, Buck, Feick - D. Stahl, Bülow - Aigner, D. Halfar - Volland, Lauth

Re: Germany - Bundesliga II - 15-18 July Germany Bundesliga 2 - Karlsruhe vs. Duisburg http://www.oddsportal.com/soccer/germany/2-bundesliga-2011-2012/karlsruher-duisburg-806201/#ah;2 MSV Duisburg (+0) Odds: 1.86 (Ibcbet) Stake: 5/10 The quality gap between Karlsruhe and Duisburg is massive in this season. This year, Karlsruhe will probably play against relegation while Duisburg is a hot promotion canidate. Due to the fact that Duisburg achieved the national cup final last year, they earned a lot of money. Therefore, they signed many considerable and expensive players with Bundesliga-level. For example, goalkeeper Florian Fromlowitz from Hannover 96 who is actually much, much too good for the 2. Bundesliga. Or Vasileios Pliastikas from Schalke 04, Valeri Domovchyski and Daniel Beichler from Hertha Berlin, from Cottbus free-kick expert Jiayo Shao as well as 15-goals striker Emil Jula, FSV Frankfurt's best midfielder Jürgen Gjasula, VfL Osnabrück's best player Flamur Kastrati and still a few other potential players from Bundesliga teams like Kevin Wolze, Sergej Karimov (VfL Wolfsburg) and Zvonko Pamic (Bayer Leverkusen). Hard to believe that this team will not be a hot promotion canidate in this year. Anyway, I am usually careful in such situations because many good individual players do not automatically mean a good harmonising team. But the reason why I believe that Duisburg will already be very strong on first matchday is called Milan Sasic (their manager). Milan Sasic's biggest skill is to build up great teams with good team spirit in a very short time. Last season, Duisburg also signed almost a dozen of new players but on first matchday, the team already chimed together perfectly. Milan Sasic's whole philosophy with long balls and rehearsed set pieces already worked perfectly on the first matchday back then. He is a really an expert in building new teams in a short time, as well as giving his team a fantastic team spirit. Hence, I think that this radical change will work again perfectly and with regard to the individual quality, Duisburg is nearly one class stronger than Karlsruhe. If I just look on Duisburg's expected lineup (they do not have any mentionable missings), I am just really impressed. That looks really very, very strong. Friendly game results were really good too, apart of a defeat against strong Bochum, they won everything. Karlsruher also made a radical change this season but due to a big lack of money, they bought mainly players from lower leagues or from foreign countries. Hence, it is really difficult to say something about their quality but test game impressions were not really good. They signed players like Patrick Milchraum who came from Aue or Moses Lamidi who came from 2. Bundesliga relegated team Oberhausen. They both have been injured and were recently completely out of form for their former teams. Players like Kempe from Aalen or Piossek from Ahlen were only average players in the 3. Bundesliga. Or the signing Klemen Lavric, he is a big lack of fitness and is much too fat. Another big weakening for Karlsruher is the absence of their by far best striker Anton Cristea. He is really an amazing player and safed Karlsruher's ass in the last season when they closely avoided the relegation. But all in all it is hard to believe that this team will be strong enough to have a chance against Duisburg. Differences are just massive here. Therefore, I believe that this is by far the strongest bet from the first 2. Bundesliga round. Quality differences are just too huge here. Last but not least the expected lineups, but just copied from Kicker here because I do not have any reference points to predict the lineups: Karlsruher SC: Orlishausen - Lechner, Hoheneder, Kempe, Milchraum - S. Haas, Staffeldt - Terrazzino, Iashvili, Buckley - Lavric MSV Duisburg: Fromlowitz - B. Kern, Bollmann, Bajic, Wolze - Sukalo, Pliatsikas - Brosinski, Shao - Jula, Domovchiyski

Absolutely agree with everything AndreasBykow says here. People underrate 1860 completely. Probably every one forgot which team was the strongest one of the league together with Hertha in March/April. Germany Bundesliga 2 - 17.07.2011: Eintracht Braunschweig vs. TSV 1860 Munchen http://www.oddsportal.com/soccer/germany/2-bundesliga-2011-2012/braunschweig-munich-1860-806202/#ah;2 TSV 1860 Munchen (+0) Odds: 2.60 (PinnacleSports) Stake: 3/10 Much as I would like to see my local team winning here, they are just completely overrated. Braunschweig is new from the 3. Bundesliga and they really played an amazing season. In the team, there are not so many changes but they gave away their best player Karim Bellarabi and the "replacement" Oliver Petersch (from RW Oberhausen) is just roughly two classes weaker. Petersch was one of the worst players of the last 2. Bundesliga season and I do not know what Braunschweig wants to achieve with this signing. Also, they signed Correira, someone who still has a big lack of experience. Both, Petersch and Correira are expected in the back four. Petersch was always a weak point when he defended for former 2. Bundesliga team Oberhausen, Correira is very unexperienced. Last year, Braunschweig's incredible strong defence was their key to success but I have no idea what they want to achieve with Correira and Petersch .. but manager Lieberknecht has no other choice since his regular defenders Dogan and Kessel will be both out due to injury (Kessel is at least highly doubtful). Their back four looks really poor now and will have big problems against 1860's fast and technical high skilled offensive players. Besides Petersch and Correira, there are no more mentionable signings, just a few players from lower divisions. Braunschweig is a very young team with a young manager and their key to success in the last season was fast, direct and pressurize play. But today, Braunschweig does not play against a plain vanilla team or something, in fact they just play against one of the strongest away teams of this league which has recently been great in form. In the end of last season, 1860 showed the best football. Due to the bad first round of the season, it did not help them that much but the way how they played was simply impressing. The "magic square" with Daniel Halfar (who is definitely the strongest winger of this league), Stefan Aigner, Kevin Volland Benny Lauth was incredible strong. Especially their fastness and perfect counter ability was very important in away games. Today it will be the same, although Aigner is still doubtful but Daniel Bierofka is an equal replacement. I am sure that 1860's very strong wings will be able to exploit the rather weak wing defence positions of Braunschweig (Petersch and Reichel). 1860's defence still makes a very solid impression and should not have too big problems with defending against Braunschweig. Moreover, 1860 has high ambitions in this year anyway. Their new investor from Jordania said that he wants to bring 1860 at one level with Bayern and Barcelona sooner or later. So what kind of game will we see? Braunschweig will play with euphoria and will push forward. 1860's defence should be strong enough to defend, although the slowness of 1860's central defenders could be a problem against Braunschweig's very small forwards. But 1860's whole defence made a very strong impression in the friendlies and if need be, there are still the strong "6ers" Bülow and Stahl. Both are in a perfect shape and both are great in winning balls. They both are nearly invisible on the pitch but they are so important because of their fantastic ball winning ability. Their physical play will be helpful against Braunschweig's small forwards like Kumbela, Boland and so on. Braunschweig's defence was always their biggest strength but without their best defender Dogan and without regular Kessel, it will be different. The poor replacements Petersch and Correira mean two big weak points in Braunschweig's defence. Manager Lieberknecht said a few days ago that every team will be clear favourite against his team. Of course that is some kind of understatement, but they can never be the favourite against promotion canidate 1860. Ultimately, still the most likely lineups: Eintracht Braunschweig: Petkovic - Petersch, Henn, Correia, Reichel - Theuerkauf - Zimmermann, Vrancic, Kruppke, Boland - Kumbela TSV 1860 München: Kiraly - Malura, Schindler, Buck, Feick - D. Stahl, Bülow - Aigner, D. Halfar - Volland, Lauth
FT 3:1 - 3u Braunschweig's lead after a few minutes through a fatal error of 1860's defence. 1860 just did 3 big individual mistakes and lost therefore. That's the problem, especially in the beginning of the season. The team with less mistakes win. And today it was Braunschweig.

Germany Bundesliga 2 - Karlsruhe vs. Duisburg http://www.oddsportal.com/soccer/germany/2-bundesliga-2011-2012/karlsruher-duisburg-806201/#ah;2 MSV Duisburg (+0) Odds: 1.86 (Ibcbet) Stake: 5/10 The quality gap between Karlsruhe and Duisburg is massive in this season. This year, Karlsruhe will probably play against relegation while Duisburg is a hot promotion canidate. Due to the fact that Duisburg achieved the national cup final last year, they earned a lot of money. Therefore, they signed many considerable and expensive players with Bundesliga-level. For example, goalkeeper Florian Fromlowitz from Hannover 96 who is actually much, much too good for the 2. Bundesliga. Or Vasileios Pliastikas from Schalke 04, Valeri Domovchyski and Daniel Beichler from Hertha Berlin, from Cottbus free-kick expert Jiayo Shao as well as 15-goals striker Emil Jula, FSV Frankfurt's best midfielder Jürgen Gjasula, VfL Osnabrück's best player Flamur Kastrati and still a few other potential players from Bundesliga teams like Kevin Wolze, Sergej Karimov (VfL Wolfsburg) and Zvonko Pamic (Bayer Leverkusen). Hard to believe that this team will not be a hot promotion canidate in this year. Anyway, I am usually careful in such situations because many good individual players do not automatically mean a good harmonising team. But the reason why I believe that Duisburg will already be very strong on first matchday is called Milan Sasic (their manager). Milan Sasic's biggest skill is to build up great teams with good team spirit in a very short time. Last season, Duisburg also signed almost a dozen of new players but on first matchday, the team already chimed together perfectly. Milan Sasic's whole philosophy with long balls and rehearsed set pieces already worked perfectly on the first matchday back then. He is a really an expert in building new teams in a short time, as well as giving his team a fantastic team spirit. Hence, I think that this radical change will work again perfectly and with regard to the individual quality, Duisburg is nearly one class stronger than Karlsruhe. If I just look on Duisburg's expected lineup (they do not have any mentionable missings), I am just really impressed. That looks really very, very strong. Friendly game results were really good too, apart of a defeat against strong Bochum, they won everything. Karlsruher also made a radical change this season but due to a big lack of money, they bought mainly players from lower leagues or from foreign countries. Hence, it is really difficult to say something about their quality but test game impressions were not really good. They signed players like Patrick Milchraum who came from Aue or Moses Lamidi who came from 2. Bundesliga relegated team Oberhausen. They both have been injured and were recently completely out of form for their former teams. Players like Kempe from Aalen or Piossek from Ahlen were only average players in the 3. Bundesliga. Or the signing Klemen Lavric, he is a big lack of fitness and is much too fat. Another big weakening for Karlsruher is the absence of their by far best striker Anton Cristea. He is really an amazing player and safed Karlsruher's ass in the last season when they closely avoided the relegation. But all in all it is hard to believe that this team will be strong enough to have a chance against Duisburg. Differences are just massive here. Therefore, I believe that this is by far the strongest bet from the first 2. Bundesliga round. Quality differences are just too huge here. Last but not least the expected lineups, but just copied from Kicker here because I do not have any reference points to predict the lineups: Karlsruher SC: Orlishausen - Lechner, Hoheneder, Kempe, Milchraum - S. Haas, Staffeldt - Terrazzino, Iashvili, Buckley - Lavric MSV Duisburg: Fromlowitz - B. Kern, Bollmann, Bajic, Wolze - Sukalo, Pliatsikas - Brosinski, Shao - Jula, Domovchiyski
FT 3:2 - 5u Lead for Duisburg after 18 seconds but then 2 goals for Karlsruhe in 90 seconds. Both due to big individual mistakes. A moment later, the 3:1 through a free-kick. Duisburg with a few golden chances to get back again but they wasted them all. In the second half, Duisburg showed nothing.

FT 3:2 - 5u Lead for Duisburg after 18 seconds but then 2 goals for Karlsruhe in 90 seconds. Both due to big individual mistakes. A moment later, the 3:1 through a free-kick. Duisburg with a few golden chances to get back again but they wasted them all. In the second half, Duisburg showed nothing.
Yes, saw some of the second half and very disappointed with Duisburg. They didn't really put up a fight.

THANKS A LOT BENNY FOR YOUR TIPS!!! YOU HELPED MANY TIPSTERS TO GET RID OF UNNECESSARY MONEY!!! :spank
How much did you lose?I hope you lose alot as lazy people like you deserve it.:lol Benny used his time and effort to put info and his bets here and what did you do? If you would know anything about footy you would know that first few rounds are always tricky.Nobody forced you to follow his bets I'm very pleased that you lose your money.People like you never thanks when they won but when they lose they start complainig. If you don't like it then don't bet. No worries Benny,sh*t always happens in first round.i'm sure next few rounds will be better.:ok

How much did you lose?I hope you lose alot as lazy people like you deserve it.:lol Benny used his time and effort to put info and his bets here and what did you do? If you would know anything about footy you would know that first few rounds are always tricky.Nobody forced you to follow his bets I'm very pleased that you lose your money.People like you never thanks when they won but when they lose they start complainig. If you don't like it then don't bet. No worries Benny,sh*t always happens in first round.i'm sure next few rounds will be better.:ok
:lol My thoughts exactly..

Re: Germany - Bundesliga II - 15-18 July Dusseldorf vs Bochum - Under 2.5 @ 1.85 - Bet365 1.5pts Started with a small profit yesterday but I'm still keeping the stakes relatively low for the first round due to the gnarly stuff that can happen in the first games. The last game of this round is an absolute cracker when Bochum meet Dusseldorf tonight. Dusseldorf finished the season in 7th place last time out but will be expected to finish slightly higher this season, even pushing for promotion. They have retained their key players and strengthend in areas that will see them go well this season. Their home form was impecable last season only letting nine goals fly into their net which is quite a feat. They scored heavily and they have been installed favorites for this clash. They meet Bochum who I fancy for the title this year or to go extremely close. They narrowly missed out on promotion last season after losing their two legged play-off with Monchengladbach but will look to go one better this season. They have a solid, organised team that will give anyone a decent game. Six of their seven away games vs the top eight teams last season finished under 2.5 which shows their defensive capablilities. They will miss Chong Tese (25 apps, 10 goals) tonight but have signed Ginczek from Dortmund and he is real handful. During pre-season he netted a few and saw his side only conceed one goal in the four friendlies they played. Bochum done the double on Dusselfdorf last season, beating them 2-0 at home and then taking the three points away from Dusseldorf with a narrow 1-0 win. Only three of the eight games played this round have been under this line but I think the two defences will be well on top tonight. Hills, Coral etc have this priced up at 1.67.

Re: Germany - Bundesliga II - 15-18 July I am on a horrible run :( .. original @2.10. 18.07.2011 - Germany Bundesliga 2 - Fortuna Dusseldorf vs. VfL Bochum Fortuna Dusseldorf (-0.25) Odds: 1.90 (PinnacleSports), 1.88 (SBO) Stake: 5/10 Such a pretty huge price on Dusseldorf at home is something you do not see everyday. Dusseldorf is the strongest home team in Germany, there is no other team with such a big gap between home and away displays. At home, they show passionate and pressurize play in front of their fantastic home crowd. Last season, they did not lose any single home game apart from those games which were in the beginning of the season (for some reason, Dusseldorf started with 6 defeats last season). Without these 6 defeats in the beginning of the last season, Dusseldorf would now play Bundesliga. This year, they are the only team in Germany2 which did not lose any single important player. Due to this and a few good signings, they are one of my biggest favourites in this year. The only new fielder who will probably be in the lineup is Adriano Grimaldi. I am really a big fan of him and he should be better than Bröker last year. Moreover, they have Maximilian Beister, one of the biggest newcomers of last season and the Danish guy Ken Ilsö who came to Düsseldorf in the last winter. Ilsö scored several times, sometimes through free kicks - he is even a fantastic player. The defence from Düsseldorf at home has always been the best one of the league. It is really hard to score against them. A weak point of Düsseldorf in the last season was the goalkeeper position. Sometimes, Melka played, some other times Ratajcazk but no one could really convince at all. They now signed Robert Almer from Austria. I do not know him, thus I can not say if it was a smart decision to buy him or not. But to sum up, Düsseldorf still has all players from last season and bought a few senseful additions. Bochum failed in the play offs against Gladbach last season, hence they have to play one more 2. Bundesliga year. They will definitely achieve again a top 6 position but we should keep in mind how lucky they have often been in the last season. Many lucky victories in the stoppage time, often benefitted by the referees - their rank in the table was definitely better than their performances were. Their key to success was their defensive minded thinking manager Friedhelm Funkel, as well as their pretty strong back four which did not allow anything. But they lost their best defender Antar Yahia who announced his transfer to Saudi Arabia yesterday. Lukas Sinkiewicz from Augsburg should replace him on his position. I really like Sinkiewicz but I rather see him as a DMID. Will be interesting to see him playing together with Marcel Maltritz in the central defence but I am sure that their defence won't be so perfect anymore without Antar Yahia. Besides them, they are also without three vital offensive players. Best striker Jong Tae-Se is still out due to his injury, but well, that should not be a big deal since Mirkan Aydin showed a great development. But Bochum's best midfielder Azouagh will not be available due to his injury. Last season, he came to the squad in winter and with him, they started their amazing winning streak. Besides, their strong midfielder Ümit Korkmaz went back to Eintracht Frankfurt. Korkmaz and Azouagh were the players who were responsible for the creating of goal chances due to their good technical ability. Last year, Bochum was a rather defensive minded team without technical good players. Korkmaz and Azouagh were the only silver linings in the last season. Now, they definitely have a lack of creativity due to the absences of them. To sum up, Düsseldorf is the better team and they have a very huge home advantage. Moreover, Bochum's defence will be weaker without Antar Yahia. Düsseldorf should actually be stronger than last year, Bochum should be weaker. Hence, I do expect a victory of Düsseldorf at home. These odds are really very, very high for some reason, did expect -0.25 @1.80-1.85 here to be honest. -0.25 odds are at 2.11 at the moment, +0 ods at 1.76. I would actually prefer the safe DNB line but -0.25 has much more value.

I am on a horrible run :( .. original @2.10. 18.07.2011 - Germany Bundesliga 2 - Fortuna Dusseldorf vs. VfL Bochum Fortuna Dusseldorf (-0.25) Odds: 1.90 (PinnacleSports), 1.88 (SBO) Stake: 5/10 Such a pretty huge price on Dusseldorf at home is something you do not see everyday. Dusseldorf is the strongest home team in Germany, there is no other team with such a big gap between home and away displays. At home, they show passionate and pressurize play in front of their fantastic home crowd. Last season, they did not lose any single home game apart from those games which were in the beginning of the season (for some reason, Dusseldorf started with 6 defeats last season). Without these 6 defeats in the beginning of the last season, Dusseldorf would now play Bundesliga. This year, they are the only team in Germany2 which did not lose any single important player. Due to this and a few good signings, they are one of my biggest favourites in this year. The only new fielder who will probably be in the lineup is Adriano Grimaldi. I am really a big fan of him and he should be better than Bröker last year. Moreover, they have Maximilian Beister, one of the biggest newcomers of last season and the Danish guy Ken Ilsö who came to Düsseldorf in the last winter. Ilsö scored several times, sometimes through free kicks - he is even a fantastic player. The defence from Düsseldorf at home has always been the best one of the league. It is really hard to score against them. A weak point of Düsseldorf in the last season was the goalkeeper position. Sometimes, Melka played, some other times Ratajcazk but no one could really convince at all. They now signed Robert Almer from Austria. I do not know him, thus I can not say if it was a smart decision to buy him or not. But to sum up, Düsseldorf still has all players from last season and bought a few senseful additions. Bochum failed in the play offs against Gladbach last season, hence they have to play one more 2. Bundesliga year. They will definitely achieve again a top 6 position but we should keep in mind how lucky they have often been in the last season. Many lucky victories in the stoppage time, often benefitted by the referees - their rank in the table was definitely better than their performances were. Their key to success was their defensive minded thinking manager Friedhelm Funkel, as well as their pretty strong back four which did not allow anything. But they lost their best defender Antar Yahia who announced his transfer to Saudi Arabia yesterday. Lukas Sinkiewicz from Augsburg should replace him on his position. I really like Sinkiewicz but I rather see him as a DMID. Will be interesting to see him playing together with Marcel Maltritz in the central defence but I am sure that their defence won't be so perfect anymore without Antar Yahia. Besides them, they are also without three vital offensive players. Best striker Jong Tae-Se is still out due to his injury, but well, that should not be a big deal since Mirkan Aydin showed a great development. But Bochum's best midfielder Azouagh will not be available due to his injury. Last season, he came to the squad in winter and with him, they started their amazing winning streak. Besides, their strong midfielder Ümit Korkmaz went back to Eintracht Frankfurt. Korkmaz and Azouagh were the players who were responsible for the creating of goal chances due to their good technical ability. Last year, Bochum was a rather defensive minded team without technical good players. Korkmaz and Azouagh were the only silver linings in the last season. Now, they definitely have a lack of creativity due to the absences of them. To sum up, Düsseldorf is the better team and they have a very huge home advantage. Moreover, Bochum's defence will be weaker without Antar Yahia. Düsseldorf should actually be stronger than last year, Bochum should be weaker. Hence, I do expect a victory of Düsseldorf at home. These odds are really very, very high for some reason, did expect -0.25 @1.80-1.85 here to be honest. -0.25 odds are at 2.11 at the moment, +0 ods at 1.76. I would actually prefer the safe DNB line but -0.25 has much more value.
Result: Fortuna Dusseldorf 2 Bochum 0 I saw the second half of this game. Bochum were lively, but Dusseldorf bossed the midfield and through this, controlled the game. Bochum couldn't get enough possession and didn't really create chances. Dusseldorf didn't create many either, but dealt with their opportunities efficiently, and I thought overall they were good value for the two goal win.