** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Super 15 Final

Bird

Wondering what if any thoughts any one out there has on this game? I fancy the Reds in a thriller. They've played well all season and will likely be on a high after beating the Crusaders in round play, the place itself will be buzzing after the State of Origin win , so I think the crowd might just sneak them over the line. For the conspiracy theories as I am a Kiwi - If the Crusaders beat the Reds will the players in the Wallabies from this Reds side then train hard and win the WC? And vice versa should the Reds win the match will the AB's involved then train harder and win the WC? This match puts many of the same players who will face each other in the WC later in the year its a perfect scenario for that match. which ever side loses this match could have a great effect on this years WC.

Re: Super 15 Final I'm taking that same bet Kenny. For me its too close to call but I think that's certainly value as they'll give it all on home turf up to the final whistle. I reckon it'll be a hair's breadth between them. Might be greedy and double it with some other result. :welcomeBird! Interesting thoughts on the implications this fixture has on the RWC. Another stellar performance by Red's half backs will give the Aussie's a lot of optimism ahead of the RWC though being Kiwi, i'm sure you understand that they don't need much motivation to battle each other at the best of times. I'm actually Irish and we'll need to come up with our best performance for a manys a year to come close to beating them come September. I feel they're not far off the standard set by the AB's for a new kind of relentless running back play that most of us NH teams (and the boks!) dream about.

Re: Super 15 Final We have the final of the super 15's on tomorrow the Reds v's the Crusaders, in what threatens to be a classic. The 2 best teams meet in the final at Suncorp Brisbane. Both teams have had to deal with national disasters in their area which makes this match even more intriguing. The Crusaders have played all their matches away from home and are still in the final, which is incredible. The bookmakers have it -3 Crusaders, when many people have it a 50-50 match, or the Reds slight favourites. I'm sideing with the Crusaders myself, who have been very profitable to me all season. The Reds have been in outstanding form all season and play some very exciting rugby. When Cooper and Genia are on form, they are nearly impossible to stop. Davis and Ioane have been outstanding as well on the wings, and their clash with Guilford and Maitland will be mouth watering. The Reds big weakness is their scrum and lineout. I'm sure the Crusaders will target this area. Franks and Crockett have been brilliant all season and will look to terrorise the Reds scrum. It will be interesting to see how Robinson gets on with McCaw. Genia will need every scrap of ball he can get. I can see the Crusaders squeezing the life out of the Reds upfront and Carter kicking plenty goals. Coopers unreliability at goal kicking has to be a worry too. I can't see the Reds getting enough ball out to thier backs, to cause enough damage to win the game. Crusaders by 6 or 7.

Re: Super 15 Final Reds -2.5 @ 2.85 centrebet Should be a great decider between the best two teams in the competition and not much separates the two sides. The Reds will be even more encouraged for this game as they did beat the Crusaders 17-16 back in Round 15, and now look to win their third game in a row against the Crusaders at home. With halfback Ellis doubtful, then this may see Genia being the player who can give them the edge, as both number 10s are very good, with plenty of speed in the backs and mongrel in the forwards. The Crusaders edge the Reds in the centres but the Reds defence in midfield is very good, and they will be looking to lock up Williams early to prevent the offloads. Another thing that edges this in the Reds favour, besides the overwhelming home crowd support, is that the Reds should be fresh for this game, having recently had a free weekend for topping the ladder, while the crusaders have had to play the last two games on the road, and this may cause them to tire late on, especially if the Reds play their natural expansive game. Like the Reds to edge this and give the QLD'ers a big double win this week