** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Copa America > 8th-9th July

Re: Copa America > 8th-9th July Brazil v Paraguay Brazil -1 @ 2.86 (Ladbrokes) With the likes of Uruguay and Argentina struggling to show off their real potential in the last two games, I think Brazil will want to come out of the blocks and make a statement about their tournament intentions. No matter who Brazil are playing, a -1 handicap at these odds has to be taken. I understand Brazil are not at their best and certainly aren't the best Brazil side there has been recently but against opposition such as Paraguay I could easily see a couple of goals in Brazil's favour.

Re: Copa America > 8th-9th July

I actually like draw no bet for this one on Uruguay at the same price. I don't know if there will be a winner here, but if there is I think its more likely it is Uruguay. Your right about Chile's form. They have been impressive. However, I did not like what I saw against Mexico. They created some good chances when the match was 0-0, yet failed to put them away. After going one down they lost composure in attack and failed to create much, both their goals came from bad defending from the Mexican's and corners. In defense I think they were bad. Chile has talented defenders and Claudio Bravo, yet the lapses in concentration the whole back line suffers every game is really shocking to say the least. If they suffered against a really poor Mexican team, just imagine against the likes of Uruguay. I expect lots of goals and a very entertaining match.
Bet push.

Re: Copa America > 8th-9th July I don't know if I'm missing something here, but the market is over-reacting a bit to the opening game and I've seen odds of around 1.65, whereas IMO this should be in the 1.4 regions. Saw Brazil in the first game and it was just one of those days against Venezuela - dominated the game but didn't manage to put the ball into the net. Against the Paraguayans I'm certain the worst-case scenario will be a repeat of that, but more likely I think they'll know that points dropped here could leave winning the group out of their hands.

I don't know if I'm missing something here, but the market is over-reacting a bit to the opening game and I've seen odds of around 1.65, whereas IMO this should be in the 1.4 regions. Saw Brazil in the first game and it was just one of those days against Venezuela - dominated the game but didn't manage to put the ball into the net. Against the Paraguayans I'm certain the worst-case scenario will be a repeat of that, but more likely I think they'll know that points dropped here could leave winning the group out of their hands.
I think 1.60ish is right. Paraguay won't make it easy for them, and Brazil's finishing will need to be better than Venezuela. I reckon it'll be a close game, 1-0 perhaps, but Paraguay have some good players, so it should never be comfortable.

Re: Copa America > 8th-9th July International Soccer 2011 Overall 8W-5L-5P +1.30 units (61.53%) Just real quick Paraguay +1 (-121) to win 1 unit @ 5dimes Venezuela +0.5 (-153) to win 1 unit @ 5dimes gonna be back with some reasoning later on!

Re: Copa America > 8th-9th July Brazil vs Paraguay I think a lot of people wouldn't believe me when I say that Brazil has not scored more than 2 goals in their last 7 games which have all ended with less than 2.5 goals, but its the truth. Meanwhile Paraguay has finished their last 5 games with less than 2.5 goals. They have also failed to score in 3 of their last four matches, all of them ending 0-0. Paraguay have kept a clean sheet in their last 5 games. Everything indicates that this will be a low scoring match, which I believe could even end 0-0 which pays 9.0 on bet365. Paraguay's biggest threat in attack is Barrios which is very dangerous, but without service, there is not a lot he can do, and Paraguay's midfield lacks creativity. Paraguay also know that a draw is a good result. Brazil on the other hand will want to win this game, and the game wil be pretty one sided I assume, with Brazil attacking and Paraguay defending all match long. Brazil's defense and goalkeeper are solid though, so it will be hard for them to be caught on the counter. Brazil played good football against Venezuela in the first half, but got frustrated after their missed chances, I think this game they will have less chances against a solid defense and if they don't take whatever chances come their way, they might not find a goal. Brazil vs Paraguay = under 2.5 goals at 1.65 bet365 Ecuador vs Venezuela Ecuador has drawn their last 6 games in a row! Thats a great drawing record. Meanwhile Venezuela has drawn 4 times out of their last 9 games, which means they have drawn more than anything else in their most recent encounters too. Both teams will come into this match with expectations. A win for either side would secure them a place in the next round. I don{t know which team is favorite here, I would have to say Venezuela if I had to pick a team, mainly down to the fact that Valencia is injured which is a huge blow for Ecuador. I think we will see a poor match here with little separating both sides, and the most likely result being a draw. From what I have seen from both sides everything indicates this will end in a draw. Low stakes here, but I think its definitely worth putting a small bet on. Ecuador vs Venezuela = Draw

Re: Copa America > 8th-9th July Brazil vs Paraguay - (Asian Handicap Corners) Brazil -2 @ 1.825 - Bet365 1pt Brazil remain unchanged from the goalless draw with Venezuela and will come up against another solid side in Paraguay tonight. I didn't manage to watch both of their first games but caught some really brief highlights. Paraguay seemed to start well against Ecuador but didn't see much from them after that but as I say I did only watch the highlights. I was expecting this line to be higher to be fair perhaps it's only set at two due to them only forcing one against Venezuela (to Venezuela's two). Brazil peppered their goal and usually a few of them shots/blocks would of trickled out for corners but somehow never. The pacey trio in Neymar, Pato and Robinho will also win corners in difficult areas. Brazil will probably dominate the game and have the ball for longer periods with their full backs bombing forward occasionally. The line seems fair and one I'm definately willing to have a punt on.

Brazil vs Paraguay - (Asian Handicap Corners) Brazil -2 @ 1.825 - Bet365 1pt Brazil remain unchanged from the goalless draw with Venezuela and will come up against another solid side in Paraguay tonight. I didn't manage to watch both of their first games but caught some really brief highlights. Paraguay seemed to start well against Ecuador but didn't see much from them after that but as I say I did only watch the highlights. I was expecting this line to be higher to be fair perhaps it's only set at two due to them only forcing one against Venezuela (to Venezuela's two). Brazil peppered their goal and usually a few of them shots/blocks would of trickled out for corners but somehow never. The pacey trio in Neymar, Pato and Robinho will also win corners in difficult areas. Brazil will probably dominate the game and have the ball for longer periods with their full backs bombing forward occasionally. The line seems fair and one I'm definately willing to have a punt on.
6-2 :ok

Brazil AH 0 @ 1.23 (Bet365) Pato and 1-0 @ 21.00 (Hills) I fancy Brazil to nick this one, but not strongly enough on the outright. It appears Elano and Lucas (not the Liverpool one) will replace Ramires and Robinho, which'll improve Brazil's attacking prowess. I think they did OK, in the first half at least, against Venezuela, in regards to chances created, and if they play like that again, they have a good shout. Paraguay played well in the 0-0 with Ecuador, but they're not the most potent of sides, and I reckon they'll struggle up against Brazil's strong backline.
The value of having a draw as a safety net shown once again, with that bet feeling like a win. Brazil were poor, but it was only really Alves' f*ckin' about that put them in so much trouble. Still, Paraguay should be disappointed, as I couldn't see a Brazilian equaliser.

Lay Ecuador @ 2.64 (1.61) CS 0-0 @ 8.5 (Stan James) Very little between these two. Ecuador did beat them 4-1 in November, but were 2-0 up inside four minutes, which obviously helped with such an emphatic scoreline. I can see both sides struggling to create too much here, but I think there's just a little more desire to do well here with the Venezuelans, so if anyone'll nick it, it'll be them.
Would of been 0-0 too, but for a belter from the Venezuelan boy.