** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Copa America > 8th-9th July

Re: Copa America > 8th-9th July Bolivia vs Costa Rica: Very interesting match. I can see a draw definitely. I don't really know if Bolivia is favorites to win this one or not, remember they recently lost a friendly match with Mexico U22 1-0. Defensibly we saw that Bolivia was strong, offensively we didn't get to see too much from them vs Argentina. Costa Rica prior to the red card was looking very equal to Colombia and I thought also defended well throughout the match, even when they were down to 10 men. In attack they weren't too good either though, but again, they were one man down. Everything looks very equal between these two teams and I can see a low scoring match for sure. Maybe a draw or slender win for either side. I went with the two following bets for this game: Under 2.5 goals @ 1.61 and Costa Rica +1.5,2 @ 1.20 bet365 Argentina vs Colombia: Tough match this one for both sides. On one side we have Argentina who simply have to win this match. I think the pressure could work against them here, but they also have amazing players which can change the match in a second. No changes other than Zabaleta for Rojo in Argentina. I thought he would play Di Maria or maybe Aguero instead of Lavezzi, but I guess not. For me at least this is good for Colombia. Colombia could score on the counter if Argentina aren't careful and Argentina's defense really is anything but solid at the moment, meanwhile Colombia's defense is pretty good, but don't expect them to play like Bolivia, they will probably be a bit more open and this will favor Argentina. I'm hesitant to bet on this game, on the one hand I know Argentina can hurt Colombia and are capable of scoring a couple, but I also know Colombia could hurt Argentina and also have good defenders. I'm going to go with under 55 points bookings bet. Only one game went over 5 bookings and it was due to Costa Rica being very dirty and also a referee that was very happy and eager to stick his hands in his pocket. Low stakes here though. Argentina vs Colombia = (card index)Up to and including 55 points @ 2.0 PaddyP

Re: Copa America > 8th-9th July Chile vs Uruguay Both Chile and Uruguay have a great attack. Uruguay's is better, but that's not to say Chile's is anything short of spectacular. Both teams looked like they could score goals in their first matches of this competition and having watched both these teams several times in friendlies prior to this competition I think they both can definitely score a lot of goals. Uruguay left a lot of holes in defense vs Peru and it cost them, will they make the same mistakes? Chile has never been solid in defense and really sometimes lose concentration and thus are on the end of some very avoidable goals. Only one of Chile's last 7 matches ended with less than 2 goals scored and I will remind everyone that it was vs Paraguay just recently and both teams played with alternative sides. Chile is good at attacking and scoring goals, not so much at defending. Meanwhile Uruguay haven't ended a match with less than 1.5 goals since the World Cup! They have played 10 games since the world cup and all of them had more than 1.5 goals. This game looks like it could easily go over 2.5 goals, but given how little goals we've seen in the Copa America thus far and how I don't want anymore surprises I'm going with a much safer bet here. I think Uruguay overall has a better team, but Chile will be practically playing this match as a home game. Its very hard to predict a winner here, so I wont. Uruguay vs Chile = Over 1.5 goals @ 1.4 bet365

Re: Copa America > 8th-9th July Peru vs Mexico I was very surprised by Peru in their match vs Uruguay, I had seen Peru play several friendly matches prior to the competition and always sustained they were very organized and solid defensively, and it was reflected by the results, but they weren't finding goals, but I thought Peru vs Uruguay looked very dangerous at times. Vargas changed the match when he came on in the second half, he sustained an Injury and wasn't 100% fit to start, but perhaps he will be ready for this match which would be a huge boost for the Peruvians who will definitely be hoping to get 3 points here. Peru has recorded four consecutive draws and have only lost once since 2009 Eliminatorias. Peru has only conceded 5 goals in their last 12 games, which shows how much they have improved defensively under Markarian. I was also impressed by Mexico, not because of how good they were, because they were not necessarily good, but because I expected them to be worse. I saw them several times before the Copa America and they were pretty bad. Also given the huge scandal, they handled themselves very well I thought. They were organized in defense and kept Chile at bay for most of the game, which is a great accomplishment. I think they were incredibly lucky to score in their only real chance of the game though, and I can't see them causing too much trouble here. I can see a tight game here with little two separate both sides, but in the end Peru getting the result they need. I'm going to keep it very safe here. I can't see Peru losing, but given the way the Copa America has been I cannot discard a lucky goal from the Mexicans so here it is. High-stakes on this one. Peru vs Mexico = Peru +0.5,1 @ 1.28 bet365

Re: Copa America > 8th-9th July

Bolivia vs Costa Rica: Under 2.5 goals @ 1.61 and Costa Rica +1.5,2 @ 1.20 bet365
Not sure what to make of this one yet. At first I thought unders as well, but Bolivia aren't particulary a solid side by nature, which makes me think it could actually be a decent match. I kind of like exactley 2 or 3 goals @ 1.95, but like I say, not certain at the moment.

Not sure what to make of this one yet. At first I thought unders as well' date=' but Bolivia aren't particulary a solid side by nature, which makes me think it could actually be a decent match. I kind of like [b']exactley 2 or 3 goals @ 1.95, but like I say, not certain at the moment.
Yeah, I'm gonna pull the trigger on this one. Like I've said, Bolivia are vunerable, and I'll take the chance Costa Rica can exploit that. At the same time, Bolivia looked decent in attack in their last game, and also have a good chance of scoring. Bet365 is the bookie.

Re: Copa America > 8th-9th July Lay Uruguay @ 2.66 (1.60) Chile have the edge here, for me. In really good form since the World Cup, including a 2-0 win against tomorrow's opponents, and obviously a winning start to their Copa campaign. Uruguay have done fairly well themselves, but had a disappointing first match. In addition, their talisman Forlan isn't firing, so I don't see them having enough to win here. Chile draw no bet is 1.98 for anyone that prefer's better odds.

Re: Copa America > 8th-9th July Peru draw no bet @ 1.70 (Sportingbet) Guerrero 1-0 @ 31.00 (William Hill) Peru had a good opening result, making light of the absences of key attackers Farfan and Pizarro. They have a solid defence, and with Guerrero they have a guy capable of nicking a goal. The Mexico under 22 side did well to run Chile as close as they did, but I think they'll struggle to break down the Peruvians, and defensive naivety may ultimately cost them again.

Re: Copa America > 8th-9th July Bolivia - Costa Rica Picks: Over 2, odds 1.75 @ The Greek Over 2.25, odds 1.97 @ SBOBET Reasoning: -Both teams if they like to qualify for the second round need their points. For Costa Rica as the weakest team this is especially important. This mindset will result in an more open game. -Bolivia will replace the midfielder Vaca for the striker Acre. -Their coaches indicated that a more attacking approach is required.

Re: Copa America > 8th-9th July Uruguay - Chile Some initial thoughts. In my opinion the odds on both team reflect fairly their strength. There is not much difference between these teams and I can see them drawing as they did in three out their five previous head to head meetings. Both teams have some attacking potential and with Mexico in their group they might have little to fear. This might lead in an over. However, if the do fear becoming third the game might not be very open. A draw would then suit both teams well. In conclusion, the full time result is: 2-2. Just joking. ;)

Not sure what to make of this one yet. At first I thought unders as well' date=' but Bolivia aren't particulary a solid side by nature, which makes me think it could actually be a decent match. I kind of like [b']exactley 2 or 3 goals @ 1.95, but like I say, not certain at the moment.
Yeah, I'm gonna pull the trigger on this one. Like I've said, Bolivia are vunerable, and I'll take the chance Costa Rica can exploit that. At the same time, Bolivia looked decent in attack in their last game, and also have a good chance of scoring. Bet365 is the bookie.
Surprising result, but bet won. Edit: From the highlights it looked like Costa Rica humped Bolivia a bit. Even missed a penalty. Wanted to have a big one on Argentina, but if Bolivia can run them so close, who looked awful yesterday...

Peru draw no bet @ 1.70 (Sportingbet) Guerrero 1-0 @ 31.00 (William Hill) Peru had a good opening result, making light of the absences of key attackers Farfan and Pizarro. They have a solid defence, and with Guerrero they have a guy capable of nicking a goal. The Mexico under 22 side did well to run Chile as close as they did, but I think they'll struggle to break down the Peruvians, and defensive naivety may ultimately cost them again.
You can get Peru @ 1.77 on a 0 AH on bet365

Lay Uruguay @ 2.66 (1.60) Chile have the edge here, for me. In really good form since the World Cup, including a 2-0 win against tomorrow's opponents, and obviously a winning start to their Copa campaign. Uruguay have done fairly well themselves, but had a disappointing first match. In addition, their talisman Forlan isn't firing, so I don't see them having enough to win here. Chile draw no bet is 1.98 for anyone that prefer's better odds.
I actually like draw no bet for this one on Uruguay at the same price. I don't know if there will be a winner here, but if there is I think its more likely it is Uruguay. Your right about Chile's form. They have been impressive. However, I did not like what I saw against Mexico. They created some good chances when the match was 0-0, yet failed to put them away. After going one down they lost composure in attack and failed to create much, both their goals came from bad defending from the Mexican's and corners. In defense I think they were bad. Chile has talented defenders and Claudio Bravo, yet the lapses in concentration the whole back line suffers every game is really shocking to say the least. If they suffered against a really poor Mexican team, just imagine against the likes of Uruguay. I expect lots of goals and a very entertaining match.

Re: Copa America > 8th-9th July International Soccer 2011 Overall 8W-4L-4P +2.30 units (66.66%) Chile pick -108 to win 1 unit @ 5dimes I think these team's are evenly matched but Uruguay did not look good at all in the first game. Chile was lacking too against Mexico but at least they were able to finish at the net. Mexico pick +113 to bet 1 unit @ 5dimes

It was 1.73 when I looked earlier. Bet already taken' date=' c'est la vie :)[/quote'] Its one thing when you expect the odds to change like that, but when you don't its frustrating, at least for me.;) Good luck on this one!

I actually like draw no bet for this one on Uruguay at the same price. I don't know if there will be a winner here, but if there is I think its more likely it is Uruguay. Your right about Chile's form. They have been impressive. However, I did not like what I saw against Mexico. They created some good chances when the match was 0-0, yet failed to put them away. After going one down they lost composure in attack and failed to create much, both their goals came from bad defending from the Mexican's and corners. In defense I think they were bad. Chile has talented defenders and Claudio Bravo, yet the lapses in concentration the whole back line suffers every game is really shocking to say the least. If they suffered against a really poor Mexican team, just imagine against the likes of Uruguay. I expect lots of goals and a very entertaining match.
Different scenario though, for me. Chile were heavy favourites, and that's always a difficult situation. I'd expect a better performance today. I watched Uruguay against Peru and I thought they were poor. They rely heavily on Forlan, and he seems out of form; had he been in better shape, Uruguay would of been a more worrying proposition.
Its one thing when you expect the odds to change like that, but when you don't its frustrating, at least for me.;) Good luck on this one!
I know. When I took the bet, yesterday, Bet365 didn't actually have the Asian Handicap market up, and I didn't think it would of been higher than 1.70. I still think 1.70 for Peru are good odds, so it's okay.

Re: Copa America > 8th-9th July Uruguay - Chile over 2.5 @ 2.23 pinnacle Uruguay drew with Peru in the first game, and while they had a tough time trying to beat a defence-minedd side, they were exposed at the back, which they normally are quite solid. This Chilean attack is much better and if they lack structure at the back, expect them to take advantage of it. Uruguay will be confident that they too can expose this Chilean defence as a youthful Mexico did, and with a very good forward line, they have players who can score. This game looks like it has goals in it, and not sure who will win, but given that both sides like to attack, doubt this will be a low scoring game Peru - Mexico over 2.5 @ 2.49 pinnacle Both teams have no reason to play it safe like they did in their respective first games, as they will both see this as an opportunity to get a win and get them one step closer to progressing to the next round. Expect them to play with little fear and as both have nothign to lose, as they were not expected to progress, they can go out there and play a more attacking game. Both teams scored in their games against more celerated opponents, and the defences they face here are not as good, as they both also conceded in these games. Like both teams to score here, and they go looking for the winner, as a draw will probably not be a good result for either side, depending on the earlier game.

Re: Copa America > 8th-9th July Uruguay Mexico Double @ 7.50 Excellent value more than anything. Both are capable of winning against better sides than their own and today they play sides which are equal or worse (in general). Uruguay have excellent firepower with Cavani, Forlan, Sanchez and Suarez and should win a tight game against Chile. Mexico were superb at the Gold Cup (obviously playing inferior sides) and bagged lots of goals. I don't see anything special in Peru who themselves are lacking in goals this year. I'm expecting a fairly comfortable Mexico win here. 6.5/1 is very generous for the double I think and I will gladly take it with medium stakes.

Re: Copa America > 8th-9th July Brazil AH 0 @ 1.23 (Bet365) Pato and 1-0 @ 21.00 (Hills) I fancy Brazil to nick this one, but not strongly enough on the outright. It appears Elano and Lucas (not the Liverpool one) will replace Ramires and Robinho, which'll improve Brazil's attacking prowess. I think they did OK, in the first half at least, against Venezuela, in regards to chances created, and if they play like that again, they have a good shout. Paraguay played well in the 0-0 with Ecuador, but they're not the most potent of sides, and I reckon they'll struggle up against Brazil's strong backline.

Re: Copa America > 8th-9th July Uruguay - Chile First round: Corners Uruguay - Corners Peru 10:2 (4:1) Corners Chile - Corners Mexico 5:1 (3:0) Chile hold Mexico to a single corner, Uruguay are not Mexico - theyr game is set for the wings with Alvaro Pereira and Suarez (or Perez) crossing for Cavani. Pick: Uruguay Total corners Over 5.5 @ 2.00 Expekt three.gif Peru - Mexico Young and without much experience Mexico team get on the cards total. Yellow cards Chile - Yellow cards Mexico 1:4 (0:2) Expekt give: Total booking points Mexico Over 26.5 @ 1.95 three.gif Yellow card = 10p ; Red card: 25 p. abc171403125975ee609017dd5ce2bbb.gif

Lay Uruguay @ 2.66 (1.60)
Peru draw no bet @ 1.70 (Sportingbet) Guerrero 1-0 @ 31.00 (William Hill)
Full house, including a 31.00 shot! :loon Edit: Watched Chile, and they impressed me. After they scored, it was pretty much Uruguay hanging on, with their keeper making two good saves. Lovely side to watch, the way they move the ball around. F*ckin' hate Uruguay though, bunch of cheating wankers :lol

Re: Copa America > 8th-9th July Not sure what they play is in the Venezuela one yet. Think there's little between the sides, and it could really be a coin toss. Probably favour Venezuela at the moment, as they seem a little more motivated.

Re: Copa America > 8th-9th July Lay Ecuador @ 2.64 (1.61) CS 0-0 @ 8.5 (Stan James) Very little between these two. Ecuador did beat them 4-1 in November, but were 2-0 up inside four minutes, which obviously helped with such an emphatic scoreline. I can see both sides struggling to create too much here, but I think there's just a little more desire to do well here with the Venezuelans, so if anyone'll nick it, it'll be them.

Full house, including a 31.00 shot! :loon Edit: Watched Chile, and they impressed me. After they scored, it was pretty much Uruguay hanging on, with their keeper making two good saves. Lovely side to watch, the way they move the ball around. F*ckin' hate Uruguay though, bunch of cheating wankers :lol
wow:notworthy Its hard predicting uruguay,they have the talent up front although forlan isnt in any form at all.I tailed you on peru but I went for uruguay DNB so got my money back since Sanchez equalised.he is a fine player. Im going all stakes on the No option for Both Teams to score in the Brazil Paraguay game.Only Brazil can win this game, cant see Paraguay scoring

wow:notworthy Its hard predicting uruguay,they have the talent up front although forlan isnt in any form at all.I tailed you on peru but I went for uruguay DNB so got my money back since Sanchez equalised.he is a fine player. Im going all stakes on the No option for Both Teams to score in the Brazil Paraguay game.Only Brazil can win this game, cant see Paraguay scoring
Yeah, I don't think Uruguay deserved their opener and it was poor defending from Chile. After that they were brilliant, and Uruguay were happy for the draw. I think Paraguay will struggle too, and hopefully Brazil can be a little more clinical tonight.

Lay Ecuador @ 2.64 (1.61) CS 0-0 @ 8.5 (Stan James) Very little between these two. Ecuador did beat them 4-1 in November, but were 2-0 up inside four minutes, which obviously helped with such an emphatic scoreline. I can see both sides struggling to create too much here, but I think there's just a little more desire to do well here with the Venezuelans, so if anyone'll nick it, it'll be them.
Just to add to this, Valencia is out for Ecuador, after picking up an injury against Paraguay. Venezuela unchanged, it appears likely.