** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

^Newbie^`s Cash poker thread

^Newbie^

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: ^Newbie^`s Cash poker thread 14.98 returned Current bank : 43.91 Was actually playing some cash games these few days at other sites but lost the mini load of cash i had there . Decided against playing this bankroll as i feel i might tilt . Maybe its a right decision after all as i've just gained some good amounts of cash today .

Re: ^Newbie^`s Cash poker thread Gone in 636 . Some donk called an all in with a silly hand after the flop . Plain unlucky though . Could have got my chip stack started had i won . TEXAS_HOLDEM, NO_LIMIT, T5-157670899-13 played at "Table #68" for USD TC from 2011-07-09 15:20 until 2011-07-09 15:21 Seat 1: x_OSettingsO (1,245 in chips) Seat 2: jux66 (4,270 in chips) Seat 3: Proxor 1 (1,540 in chips) Seat 4: Santanyi (1,245 in chips) Seat 5: serserikurt (2,145 in chips) Seat 6: HunnyBunny9 (2,530 in chips) Seat 7: Slatchhh (2,400 in chips) Seat 8: starplayer69 (2,275 in chips) Seat 9: sergiotron (1,980 in chips) Seat 10: pokerman-7 (4,145 in chips) ANTES/BLINDS BETTING_LEVELS_CHANGED , HunnyBunny9 posts small blind (25), Slatchhh posts big blind (50), PRE-FLOP starplayer69 folds, sergiotron folds, pokerman-7 calls 50, x_OSettingsO calls 50, jux66 folds, Proxor 1 raises to 200, Santanyi folds, serserikurt calls 200, HunnyBunny9 folds, Slatchhh folds, pokerman-7 folds, x_OSettingsO calls 200. FLOP [board cards: 5H,KS,8D ] x_OSettingsO checks, Proxor 1 checks, serserikurt bets 250, x_OSettingsO raises to 1,045 and is all-in, Proxor 1 folds, serserikurt calls 1,045. TURN [board cards: 5H,KS,8D,9H ] RIVER [board cards: 5H,KS,8D,9H,5C ] SHOWDOWN x_OSettingsO shows [ KD,JD ] serserikurt shows [ 4D,5D ] serserikurt wins 2,815. SUMMARY Dealer: serserikurt Pot: 2,815 x_OSettingsO, loses 1,245 jux66, loses 0 Proxor 1, loses 200 Santanyi, loses 0 serserikurt, bets 1,245, collects 2,815, net 1,570 HunnyBunny9, loses 25 Slatchhh, loses 50 starplayer69, loses 0 sergiotron, loses 0 pokerman-7, loses 50

Re: ^Newbie^`s Cash poker thread Not in love with your pre-flop play here, would have raised to about 200 to test the limper and hopefully deter players to act behind from calling with marginal hands. (good chance serserikurt would have called anyway) On the Flop i would have fired in about 2/3 pot size bet been 1st to act, with a King on the board and your preflop raise, it would give anyone who does not have a set, 2 pair or KJ+ something to think about. 50/50 he calls/raises or flods but you would have made him have to decide what to do after all your would have fired pre-flop, on the flop highly likely you will fire the turn, would i think my pair of 5s are good, it would depend on who you have been playing while at the table with him, tight no, loose maybe but would have to fold and pick a better spot. Good luck with the thread.

Re: ^Newbie^`s Cash poker thread Well , was at the tables for some time , people are doing crazy things . I just wanted to see a cheap flop . Blinds are climbing and i felt that was the best play available for me to try and double up . I should have doubled up had it not been a bad beat . Its not as if no one had raised , someone did raised and the bugger called . Clearly , i don't see a need to define my hand too much as i do tend to look at betting patterns from my players before i decide what to do . When that person fired 250 after the flop , i found it weird he fired so little , i just thought that an all in is the right time for a double up . I was proven right but alas a bad beat in this end . I won't be too disappointed with this play as i gotta double up at some point . I guess in poker , its different plays at different situations . the blinds are still small , why take a risk so early ? I still can wait for the blinds to get bigger before becoming more aggressive in raises . Don't u agree ?

Not in love with your pre-flop play here, would have raised to about 200 to test the limper and hopefully deter players to act behind from calling with marginal hands. (good chance serserikurt would have called anyway) On the Flop i would have fired in about 2/3 pot size bet been 1st to act, with a King on the board and your preflop raise, it would give anyone who does not have a set, 2 pair or KJ+ something to think about. 50/50 he calls/raises or flods but you would have made him have to decide what to do after all your would have fired pre-flop, on the flop highly likely you will fire the turn, would i think my pair of 5s are good, it would depend on who you have been playing while at the table with him, tight no, loose maybe but would have to fold and pick a better spot. Good luck with the thread.

• 3 weeks later...

Re: ^Newbie^`s Cash poker thread thought i might update for a while . Trying to build up a bankroll though . I'll leave this alone for now . Think i was playing dangerous waters as well at that level . So i'll need this thread to hang on for a few weeks . I'll be back :rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin

• 3 months later...

Re: ^Newbie^`s Cash poker thread Guess i need to restart this as i didnt have a laptop to myself for the last few months . Finally got a new lappy so gotta give freerolls a go first and build up some cash before i venture back to the cash. Hope for a great start . Current balance 0 to begin with then .

i currently play freerolls at the following sites if its worth some note . 1) Betfair 2) Paddy Power 3) Smart Live Poker 4) Unibet 5) Betsson 6) Betway 7) Blue Square 8) NordicBet 9) 888 Poker 10) Betwin 11 Betsafe 12) 32red These are the few that are easier for me to make withdrawals and get some cash out of it . So i'll stick with these at the moment .

Re: ^Newbie^`s Cash poker thread I use different currencies at different sites , for simplicity sake , i'll just stick to a single currency for now . Just made $0.75 for finishing 2nd at betfair bankroll builder for NL holdem And $0.05 for finishing in the money for betfair bankroll builder for PL omaha So current bank now stands at $0.80

Re: ^Newbie^`s Cash poker thread How to ensure always in the money ? Most of the time though , i won't say always Lol , i do have some tactics on that though . Literally , what you want is to get into the money . Hence , you gotta remember how much chips is necessary to get into the money . After that , play the tourneys and get up to that chip level . You don't have to get to that chip level in one short . Be patient and wait for your chances . After that , you can rot down there and wait for the money to come or you can try to slowly increase your chip stack by playing a bit more cautious than usual . For example , you are playing in a freeroll and you know that 8k chips would get you in the money . You grind up to 4k in chips and get dealt a pocket pair . Big chip stack behind you and you are near the button . If the blind structure is big , i'll take a chance and go all in , hoping to double up . Essentially , if you won the flip , you are in the money . Playing this method needs patience too especially when you have loads of chips and are guranteed to be in the money unless you are dealt big hands and decide to play it , only to run into a bad beat . Most of the time , this is what happens to me in freerolls lol . Thats why some days there are few cashes whereas there are good days where you get more cash . By doing this for some time , you'll get a bankroll up in no time . Remember , Patience is the key .