** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

^Newbie^`s Cash poker thread

^Newbie^

Hi . Been feeling very strong about my game and wish to start a thread about my poker balances . This thread will involve all the games that i'm playing . Be it cash , tournament , sit and gos . Will probably post screenshots as we go along if someone needs a shot of my balances . If not , you guys got to take my word for it . The reason why i felt strong is because i turned $2 into $36.03 (current bank balance) by playing a mixture of tournaments , cash games , sit n gos . So i thought i might as well have a thread here . Software is On Game network . I do have others but i guess we shall concentrate on this . Current bank balance : $36.03

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: ^Newbie^`s Cash poker thread One of the toughest tables I have been in today . But i came out with a little profit . 6.68 Returned . Time is over already and i felt i would not get much advantages out there as i see a trapper i'm wary to play a pot with , some aggressors where i need position if i'm gonna push them away . Anyway , pleased with the +ve gain . Current Bank : 36.21

Thanks mate . Continuing again now . Took out 6.50 to buy in to a 0.05 / 0.10 table 9 handed . Balance now (After punching calculator) : 29.53 Will play for half an hour or so before my omaha freeroll starts .

Re: ^Newbie^`s Cash poker thread Just to show how confident i am in my game , here's one of the final table hands which i played . I finished 1st though . First time i felt strong to the finish . Essentially , this is the hand i won which got me to me the winner . Comments are beside the nicks . TEXAS_HOLDEM, NO_LIMIT, T5-155954217-329 played at "Table #12" for USD TC from 2011-07-02 17:27 until 2011-07-02 17:28 Seat 2: gysssy69 (19,724 in chips) Sitout guy Seat 3: romanu09 (18,044 in chips) Likes to limp in a lot , easily disposed with a raise but if he plays a hand , might have something Seat 4: PokSmart (82,570 in chips) Only player i didn't really have a read on Seat 5: bartek00 (88,968 in chips) Loose and likes to make big 25,000 raises always with AJ , AQ , AK Seat 6: Tynouny (30,214 in chips) Had some history with him earlier on , tried to push him off his hand earlier on , so there is a bit of rivalry as i wanted to get on him Seat 8: OManiacO (36,480 in chips) This is me . ANTES/BLINDS Tynouny posts ante (120), OManiacO posts ante (120), gysssy69 posts ante (120), romanu09 posts ante (120), PokSmart posts ante (120), bartek00 posts ante (120), Tynouny posts small blind (600), OManiacO posts big blind (1,200), PRE-FLOP gysssy69 folds, romanu09 folds, PokSmart folds, bartek00 folds, Tynouny raises to 2,400, OManiacO calls 2,400. Small blind vs Big blind FLOP [board cards: 3H,9D,3C ] Tynouny bets 1,200, OManiacO calls 1,200. Min bet here , normally when people does a min bet on me , i assume them as very weak TURN [board cards: 3H,9D,3C,TS ] Tynouny bets 1,200, OManiacO raises to 4,800, Tynouny calls 4,800. The raise here is trying to tell him i got trip 3 , fold your hand since you don't have much RIVER [board cards: 3H,9D,3C,TS,6S ] Tynouny bets 9,000, OManiacO raises to 27,960 and is all-in, Tynouny folds. Sick of getting pushed around by him . He has done this more than once on me already . K high might easily be the best hand here considering his betting . Not consistent at all with his original raise . Of course , glad he folded SHOWDOWN OManiacO wins 35,520. SUMMARY Dealer: bartek00 Pot: 35,520 gysssy69, loses 120 romanu09, loses 120 PokSmart, loses 120 bartek00, loses 120 Tynouny, loses 17,520 OManiacO, bets 17,520, collects 35,520, net 18,000 Not sure why they didn't have my hand , anyway i had K high

Re: ^Newbie^`s Cash poker thread Finished in 9th though despite having only 200 chips at one stage and went uncontested to come back to 2500 chips only to fall short in the end . Given more chips , i would have done a big damage as i have big cards at the start of the tourney . Got bluffed off one big pot which puts me in the back foot . People are really tight late on due to the money as i do not really care about that as there were at least 4 scared players in the final table . Pity though . No change to the bank balance .

Re: ^Newbie^`s Cash poker thread Was down to 4.50 at one stage . But bounced back after i got some big pots in a row to bring it up to 8.43 i think . Tough table though , nearly got wiped out when i didn't read a particular player well . Updating the bank balance now . Current Bank : 36.95

Re: ^Newbie^`s Cash poker thread Finished in 111th . Never really had anything to begin with :lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol No time to execute my game plans as bigger and bigger stacks kept sitting at my table . With no reads and smallish stacks , hard to play though . Back to the cash games i reckon

Re: ^Newbie^`s Cash poker thread Ke CHing Ke Ching . Won back 9.40 on the cash tables . Majority of it was through this hand . TEXAS_HOLDEM, NO_LIMIT, R5-156431858-1029 played at "Vejle" for USD RM from 2011-07-04 06:22 until 2011-07-04 06:24 Seat 1: SilensTT ($10 in chips) Seat 2: PinkPet1 ($3.50 in chips) Seat 3: asinus1985 ($2.84 in chips) Seat 5: mrjoody79 ($15.46 in chips) Seat 6: mismotu10 ($9.86 in chips) Seat 7: x_OSettingsO ($10.44 in chips) Seat 8: DEAdb0DY ($16.37 in chips) Seat 9: A0909 ($7.37 in chips) ANTES/BLINDS SilensTT posts big blind ($0.10), PRE-FLOP PinkPet1 folds, asinus1985 folds, PLAYER_SITOUT , mrjoody79 folds, PLAYER_SITOUT , mismotu10 folds, x_OSettingsO raises to $0.30, DEAdb0DY folds, A0909 calls $0.30, SilensTT folds. FLOP [board cards: 6S,4D,KS ] x_OSettingsO bets $0.40, A0909 raises to $7.07 and is all-in, x_OSettingsO calls $7.07. TURN [board cards: 6S,4D,KS,3H ] RIVER [board cards: 6S,4D,KS,3H,5D ] SHOWDOWN A0909 shows [ QS,QH ] x_OSettingsO shows [ KD,QC ] x_OSettingsO wins $13.86.

Re: ^Newbie^`s Cash poker thread Finished in 82 out of 277 . Not that bad but one hand kind of crippled me up . AJ my Big blind vs 1010 on the button . Should have just called instead of pushing . Maybe thats my mistake there . Otherwise , a nice game i played again , coming up short this time round .

Re: ^Newbie^`s Cash poker thread Well done so far. My only concern is your playing to high for your bankroll. Its ok if your happy to lose your roll but if your serious about increasing it you should consider dropping a level. On 888 poker in 4500 hands I am around 450 bb below EV which can hurt any bankroll and would cause you to go bust. Does not matter how good you are it could happen.

Re: ^Newbie^`s Cash poker thread I know staffy , i actually came from 0.02/0.04 buy in . I found that i could beat that game but wanted more money from the cash games , hence i upgraded to 0.05/0.10 . I'm happy with a dollar or 2 (of course more can be done if i stay longer) as it helps me to buy into MTT . In fact , most of the cash which i have so far came from the MTT's which i cashed . I used the cash to try on the cash games and found that i played well . Well , just found that i can anticipate moves very well . Hence the cash game winnings . Oh ya , i tend to use cash game winnings to try at MTT as if i cashed big in one of them the bank would boost up a lot . I would still stay at 0.05/0.10 be it winning big amounts or not . Will only try pushing up again once i feel i have full control of the game In fact , my new found skill lately have ensured that i have not lost a cash game session in about 9 - 10 attempts already . I must be doing something right if (a) i've only gone all in once (b) i have not lost in any cash games so far (I mean i have lost loads in the past , i admit i was a poor player back then . Nowadays , i seem to have found an extra gear in playing )

Well done so far. My only concern is your playing to high for your bankroll. Its ok if your happy to lose your roll but if your serious about increasing it you should consider dropping a level. On 888 poker in 4500 hands I am around 450 bb below EV which can hurt any bankroll and would cause you to go bust. Does not matter how good you are it could happen.

Re: ^Newbie^`s Cash poker thread Ah I remember the days I started with £50 and grinded out at 2p/4p. Good luck to you! Regarding Staffy's post, he does have a good point. However, if you: a) Can afford to lose what you have b) Are playing tight ABC poker Then you can get away with a 3/4 BI roll at these low stakes. Avoid going all in pre-flop without AA/KK and whilst I would normally never recommend limping ever, at these stakes it's a decent plan. But yeh ideally you want a minimum of 10 BI's at these levels. Higher up and you want a minimum of 20 (again, assuming ABC poker)

Re: ^Newbie^`s Cash poker thread Not playing ABC poker mate . I'm a loose aggressive type of player these days . Hard to do it i know , but it pays off well when you get some strong hands going . I can afford to lose this buy in as it's not a matter of life and death . I will try to manage the best way i can . And i realise i don't tilt at all while playing cash games .

Ah I remember the days I started with £50 and grinded out at 2p/4p. Good luck to you! Regarding Staffy's post, he does have a good point. However, if you: a) Can afford to lose what you have b) Are playing tight ABC poker Then you can get away with a 3/4 BI roll at these low stakes. Avoid going all in pre-flop without AA/KK and whilst I would normally never recommend limping ever, at these stakes it's a decent plan. But yeh ideally you want a minimum of 10 BI's at these levels. Higher up and you want a minimum of 20 (again, assuming ABC poker)