Rupert's Racing Thread

(Apologies for not coming up with a good thread name...) First of all, thanks for giving me the opportunity to do this - I hope it goes as well I hope it does! Basically I've been following racing for about 4 years now but only been betting on it for a couple of years. I feel I'm always capable of getting things right, but too often discipline lets me down and that's one (amongst many) that I've learnt from on here. I'm very thankful that Monte sent me a link :rollin Even if my results don't look brilliant on paper so far, since the start of the flat season, I've improved tenfold and I'm confident that from now on I'll start to make some half-decent profit. Can't proclaim to be anywhere near the best tipster, or most knowledgeable on here, but I like to think I know a little bit considering my experience probably is nothing compared to most. Anyway - essentially I think this thread gives me the chance not to be lazy with my posts. Too often I probably feel the need to post selections for the sake of it - or because I've entered them in competitions etc. I try to put some effort into my posts if I have the time. I use a staking system that ranges from 1-5pts and quite often my selections are double-figure prices. That's likely to change a little bit now - but we'll see how it goes. I do like jumps racing a lot, but will swerve the summer jumping here and will focus on the flat. I do quite like the all-weather (shoot me). I will typically have something each day but that will depend on my fancies - I won't be posting for the sake of it. My post times will vary a little bit from the night before/stupid hours (Hello James!) or before racing on the day. Sorry for waffling on, but with a bit of luck, things will go alright in here! Thanks and first bet(s) to follow shortly, Starting Bank: 100pts

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Rupert's Flat Racing Thread 2.25 Windsor - 1pt e/w My Ruby @ 8/1 (Bet365) - BOG Jim Best's filly sneaks into this 0-70 handicap off a mark of 69 and I think she's up to winning it. She found things happening all too quickly at Windsor on her debut over 5f when midfield but beaten 15l by the smart Rimth. There were plenty of good horses in the race, though. Swiss Dream, Byrony, Fifth Commandment, The Thrill Is Gone for example. On that basis, it wasn't a bad run. She returned over a more suitable 7f at Chester but didn't have the best of draws and was doing her best work at the finish. Ended up 6th of 12 but the front three have all run well since. In order to get a handicap mark, My Ruby went to Goodwood over 7f but had little chance once she lost her place and dropped to the rear. She did pick back up again to be only beaten 4l however, suggesting handicaps and a mile would suit her down to the ground. That's exactly what she gets today. That maiden doesn't look too bad and suggests she's handicapped fairly based on the current ratings of those around her at Goodwood. It's not exactly a great handicap today with plenty of exposed horses in the line-up. I think My Ruby is definitely up to winning a race like this, and now with fitness definitely on her side, and a step up in trip, it's hard to see her running a bad race.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.