** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Copa America > Sunday 3rd July

Re: Copa America > Sunday 3rd July Brazil would be a similar situation to my thoughts on Argy, in the other thread really. Certain they'll win, but don't fancy a handicap. Venezuela, looking at their results on Soccerway, don't look too terrible, and will probably keep the score down. Paraguay becomes interesting to me after Ecuador's defeat to Mexico's B team yesterday. Had my doubts about the Ecuadorians quality prior to that match, and the 1-0 loss reinforces that. At first glance, I'd fancy the Paraguayan's to nick this one.

Re: Copa America > Sunday 3rd July BRAZIL VS VENEZUELA PREDICTION: BRASIL WIN @ 1.2 Brazil: Brazil is betting on a lot of their young players this Copa America. I personally think it was a mistake to not call on the likes of Kaka and Ronhaldino for this, but I guess the coach thinks they aren’t needed or/and the team is better off without them. Brazil has a solid and experienced back line which only conceded in two of their last 8 games, these being against Argentina and France. Brasil are always amongst the favorites to win any competition and this Copa America is no exception. Brasil is always expected to win and bring home silverware. I think the biggest doubt in this Brazilian team is the lack of International experience in midfield and attack. A lot of these players are pretty unproven on the International stage. Brazil has really failed to impress in their last friendly matches and I personally have a lot of doubts surrounding them. That said, Brazil should top a fairly easy group without too many complications. Venezuela: Venezuela has been improving every year and now actually has a decent team and is no longer considered an “easy game” for any team. They have done pretty well in their friendly matches. Drawing 1-1 with Mexico first team and recently winning 3-0 vs Mexico sub 22. They also beat Jamaica and Guatemala recently and have only failed to score once in their last 10 games. Unfortunately for the Venezuelans I think it’s going to be very hard for Venezuela to make it to the next stage as both Brazil and Paraguay are way ahead of them at the moment, but they could make it as best 3rd if they get a good result vs Ecuador. It’s going to be tough, but its possible. PARAGUAY VS ECUADOR PREDICTION: PARAGUAY +0.5 @ 1.22 Paraguay: Paraguay as always is a defensive side that likes to counter attack. They have some good strikers; especially Lucas Barrios so can score goals, but lack creativity in midfield. They work very hard as a team, but need to improve their technical side if they want to get far this Copa America. They failed to score in their last two games. They should make it to the next round without too much fuss; however, I think Argentina, Brazil, Chile and Uruguay are all a step or two above the Paraguayans. Paraguay are favorites to win their first match, and really should win it, but they seem to have trouble scoring and creating opportunities for their strikers so I’m a little hesitant to bet on them, but if it’s not a win for Paraguay they should at least get a draw. Ecuador: Ecuador hasn’t won a game this year. They have played 7 times, and have draw 6 of those matches! Prior to their defeat against the sub 22 Mexicans Ecuador had drawn with the likes of Argentina, Mexico, Greece and Peru. All decent sides. After their defeat to Mexico they have been under scrutiny and expectations have gone even lower. I think this team is capable of getting draws here and there, but obviously struggles to win. They aren’t a bad team though, and will not be an easy opponent. It’s going to be hard for them to get to the next round, but they won’t be a walkover either. Keep an eye on Ecuador’s goalkeeper he’s capable of putting in a man of the match performance every once in a while, he lacks consistency though.

Re: Copa America > Sunday 3rd July

Are you actually backing 1.2 shots as singles?
He does very well playing these kind of bets, Sounding, so I wouldn't question it. Agree with both picks, as Brazil'll get the job done but I doubt by a big score, and Paraguay should avoid defeat, but I wouldn't be surprised if they couldn't muster the victory.

He does very well playing these kind of bets, Sounding, so I wouldn't question it. Agree with both picks, as Brazil'll get the job done but I doubt by a big score, and Paraguay should avoid defeat, but I wouldn't be surprised if they couldn't muster the victory.
Alright, calm down Winston. It was just a harmless question.

Re: Copa America > Sunday 3rd July As with Argy, I'm not convinced about A Seleção. Goal.com believes Ganso, Robinho, Neymar and Pato will be the front four, but that line-up doesn't massively impress me. Neymar is very good, but as was shown with Messi last night, not even the best can do it on their own. Venezuela are obviously a 17.00 shot but, again, as the first game reminded, if one side can be organised and the better side isn't clicking, wonderous things can happen for handicap betters :loon Venezuela are 2.25 AH + 1.5, under 2.5 is 2.50 (both Bet365). I'm not really a fan of opposing better sides on handicaps, but unders might play, as a 2-0 for Brazil doesn't seem out of the question. Definitely looks a low scoring affair to me however.

As with Argy, I'm not convinced about A Seleção. Goal.com believes Ganso, Robinho, Neymar and Pato will be the front four, but that line-up doesn't massively impress me. Neymar is very good, but as was shown with Messi last night, not even the best can do it on their own. Venezuela are obviously a 17.00 shot but, again, as the first game reminded, if one side can be organised and the better side isn't clicking, wonderous things can happen for handicap betters :loon Venezuela are 2.25 AH + 1.5, under 2.5 is 2.50 (both Bet365). I'm not really a fan of opposing better sides on handicaps, but unders might play, as a 2-0 for Brazil doesn't seem out of the question. Definitely looks a low scoring affair to me however.
I think there is definitely value in under 3.5 goals at 1.57 on bet365. Brazil should win this game comfortably, but Venezuela isn't a walkover either now days. Brazil hasn't looked like scoring a bunch of goals in a while, after what happened to Argentina I think Brazil would happily take a 1-0. I think after scoring their first goal Brazil will be happy to pass the ball around, meanwhile Venezuela won't want to concede too many because it could cost them third place qualification so don't expect them to look for a goal even if they are losing. Can't see Venezuela scoring on Brasil either. Solid defense for the Selecao.

Re: Copa America > Sunday 3rd July International Soccer 2011 Overall 5W-3L-4P +0.53 units (62.50%) Venezuela +2 (-122) to win 1 unit @ 5dimes I think Brazil will certainly win, but just looking at previous results Brazil has struggled in the last 3 opening games for them in Copa America. Losing 2, and just winning by 1 in the other. Same thing with the WC for them, just barely getting by against teams they should crush. Cesar Farias coached the U-20 team in the 2009 WC . A lot of these guys are on the team now as well and he led them out of the group stage then. Who knows, maybe he can work some magic here as well. Paraguay -123 to win 1 unit @ 5dimes Basically, looking at this game, I see Paraguay just much better on the offensive side of the ball. Ecuador is yet to win a game in 2011.

Re: Copa America > Sunday 3rd July Brazil - Venezuela under 2.5 @ 2.45 centrebet Brazil have a much more youthful look about them and in their recent friendlies, they lacked conviction in their games with Romania (1-0 win) and Holland (0-0 draw). Their defence is very good and doubt that they they will concede here, even though Venuzuela are a much improved side. Expect the Venezuelans to defend quite well here, and they did play Vrazil in the WC qualifiers two years ago and drew 0-0 in Brazil, so would not be surprised that they achieve a similar result here, as they will look to pack the midfield and stifle the service to Brazil's forwards. Not much creativity in Brazil's midfield compared to their side of before, so they will find it hard then to get through this defence, that is quite decent. Paraguay @ 1.93 pinnacle Paraguay showed in the last WC that they are a team on the rise and like them to do well here. Their defence was pretty solid, and this has continued in their recent 4 friendlies where they have not conceded a goal, while up front, they have some quality with the likes of Barrios as well as the experience of Santa Cruz. Ecuador look like they will struggle here as they do not have the quality of the Paraguayans, with their only notabel player being Valencia, and expect him to be well shackled by this defence. They have drawn 4 and lost one of their last 5 friendlies in preparation for this tournament, losing to a Mexican under 23 side, and drawing to Canada, Greece, Mexico, an under strength Argentina. While they have managed to score in these draws, they also conceded, and though it is doubtful that they will score against this very good defence, can see them alloing at least one goal here.

What do you mean, exactly? The Asian line is still 0.5.
American odds I got them at -123 yesterday and now they are +111 In other words it went from 123 to win 100, too 100 to win 111 in a matter of 6-7 hours. Bring big change

Re: Copa America > Sunday 3rd July Unders looks good at half-time, even though from the highlights it looks Brazil are doing okay. P*sses me off when there's an obvious bet like this, I even call it, but don't have the stones/funds to take it.

bRAZIL NATIONAL team are not the team eryone should fear anymore
totaly agree.Few promising youngsters doesnt mean anything. Neymar lookd okay but Ganso - nothing special

Re: Copa America > Sunday 3rd July serious what has happened to the Brazilian national team, they remind me of how spain were before they became dominant,now it seems like brazil have swapped roles with spain and spain are superiror where, brazil now seem not gellin with each other, totally embrassing imo drawing and not scoreing no escuses what so ever, against venzuela who defend well enough but still,

Re: Copa America > Sunday 3rd July All their forwards (bar Pato) always want to do something extra. And against a packed defence, it nearly always ends up breaking down. They need to move it faster, let their pace and movement come to the fore. I thought Pato looked dangerous, but also a bit frustated that he wasn't getting the ball quickly enough

serious what has happened to the Brazilian national team' date=' they remind me of how spain were before they became dominant,now it seems like brazil have swapped roles with spain and spain are superiror where, brazil now seem not gellin with each other, totally embrassing imo drawing and not scoreing no escuses what so ever, against venzuela who defend well enough but still,[/quote'] I think it's the attacking side of the team that's the issue. Defence is fine, and Ramires and Lucas are improving all the time. Problem is the only top class central striker they have is Neymar. Robinho's decent enough, but inconsistent it seems. Pato is overrated, for me, right now. Fred, Nilmar, and the rest aren't Brazil calibre. It's interesting. Argy and Brazil have been p*ss poor, and an up-for-it Chile and Uruguay must surely have a chance against these two. Chile at 15.00 on Betfair...

totaly agree.Few promising youngsters doesnt mean anything. Neymar lookd okay but Ganso - nothing special
Ganso had some fine assits. In fact he left Neymar with a 1-1 with the goalkeeper with a sublime pass, but Neymar most of the time tries to do too much, always takes an extra touch or tries to do something that isn't really necesary. He went for a "fancy" finish and missed the target. I think Brazil's lack of experience in attack showed in this game. I thought they were good in the first half, but bad finishing let them down. They had enough chances to win the match easily. Their link up play was at times sublime, and I liked how Lucas and Ramirez worked together. Pato was clearly the man of the match for Brazil and is probably Brazil's most important player in this competition. His first touch is sublime, the way he just brings the ball down is simply amazing. He's fast simple and intelligent in his passes. Always makes the right choice and is very good off the ball. What a player!

I think there is definitely value in under 3.5 goals at 1.57 on bet365. Brazil should win this game comfortably, but Venezuela isn't a walkover either now days. Brazil hasn't looked like scoring a bunch of goals in a while, after what happened to Argentina I think Brazil would happily take a 1-0. I think after scoring their first goal Brazil will be happy to pass the ball around, meanwhile Venezuela won't want to concede too many because it could cost them third place qualification so don't expect them to look for a goal even if they are losing. Can't see Venezuela scoring on Brasil either. Solid defense for the Selecao.
Bet won:ok