** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Copa America > Saturday 2nd July

Re: Copa America > Saturday 2nd July Not really sure about the hosts in the opener, in regards to a handicap. Obviously attacking-wise they have exceptional talent, but it's about gelling that talent, which I get the impression Batista, the Argy coach, is struggling with a little. Bolivia are a very weak team, and Argy surely will win, but I think I'd prefer to use 'em as acca material, along with the five other favourites in the opening games. Colombia's 2-0 win last night has improved my confidence in them, even if it was against a Senegal B, which I flagged up and really should of bet on :wall :lol It at least shows they can get a victory against a limited side, which you'd imagine Costa Rica will be, seeing as this is their B side, and the proper team didn't exactley uproot tree's in the Gold Cup. Price has come down since we brought up the Costa Rica situation the other week, and is 1.40 on Bet365. Probably still worth taking, as this will probably be a case only of whether or not Colombia can nick a goal.

Re: Copa America > Saturday 2nd July If this is the Costa Rica B team then perhaps we can expect a similar sort of side to the one Senegal put out, but with varying characteristics. Colombia did rest some players last night but I wasn't that impressed by them. They scored the opener due to a 'keeper mistake and they were so wasteful in front of goal it was crazy. Not a great match to fully judge them but they look like they try to bypass the midfield with quick transitions into the final third. All things considered they should be good for the win.

Re: Copa America > Saturday 2nd July International Soccer 2011 Overall 4W-2L-4P +0.56 units (66.66%) Argentina -2.5 (-103) to win 1 unit @ 5dimes Can't see this going any other way. It's the opener for the home team, and they are playing the worst team in the tournament. Small revenge factor the Argentinians. Last time they played was in a WCQ and Bolivia smoked them 6-1.

Re: Copa America > Saturday 2nd July

Batista just announed his XI vs Bolivia on Twitter: Romero, Zanetti, Burdisso, G. Milito, Rojo, Banega, Mascherano, Cambiasso, Lavezzi, Messi, Tevez.
That side puts me right off any handicaps. Two defensive midfielders and Banega in the middle? Wouldn't be surprised to see Argy labour to the win here.

Batista just announed his XI vs Bolivia on Twitter: Romero, Zanetti, Burdisso, G. Milito, Rojo, Banega, Mascherano, Cambiasso, Lavezzi, Messi, Tevez.
For those who are not limited at Unibet, based upon the line up the following bets might have value: Aguero not to score, odds 1.88 Hinguain not to score, 2.00 NordicBet has similar odds.

Re: Copa America > Saturday 2nd July Argentina v Bolivia – Higuain Not To Score @ 2.00 – Unibet 6pts As I said yesterday, the Argentinian XI for the Bolivia game is; Romero, Zanetti, Burdisso, G. Milito, Rojo, Banega, Mascherano, Cambiasso, Lavezzi, Messi, Tevez. Therefore this bet has massive value. Higuain was in favour with the national side at the tail end of 2010 but has since found himself out of favour. Bar the three starters (above) he also finds himself below Di Maria and Aguero in the attacking ranks and I’m not sure he will even get any minutes tonight. Even if he does I still don’t fancy him. In the recent friendly win over Albania he remained on the bench throughout. Not sure of the rules of this whether its void if he doesn’t take part or whatever but I’m all over it.

For those who are not limited at Unibet, based upon the line up the following bets might have value: Aguero not to score, odds 1.88 Hinguain not to score, 2.00 NordicBet has similar odds.
Higuain not to score looks like a very good bet at that value. Thanks dude.

Not sure of the rules of this whether its void if he doesn’t take part or whatever but I’m all over it.
Yeah, I think he does have to play some part for the bet to win. Either as sub, or starting eleven. Worth checking the T & C's of the individual bookmaker though because they may specify a particular period of time as a minimum he has to play for.

Yeah' date=' I think he does have to play some part for the bet to win. Either as sub, or starting eleven. Worth checking the T & C's of the individual bookmaker though because they may specify a particular period of time as a minimum he has to play for.[/quote'] Thanks pal. I tried looking earlier but couldn't find anything so gave up. Apparently I'm told he has to start in order for it to stand.

Thanks pal. I tried looking earlier but couldn't find anything so gave up. Apparently I'm told he has to start in order for it to stand.
Almost impossible for the bet to stand. Even if Tevez or Lavezzi suffer shock injuries before the match I still can't see Higuain starting. And if he were starting I wouldn't take the bet for him not to score vs Bolivia. No value at all in that. Shame, I was interested in the bet until this. I never place bets on goalscorers or non goalscorers, so wasn't aware of the "rules".

Re: Copa America > Saturday 2nd July Great finds with those NTS bets. I don't have those accounts which is annoying. I don't like the look of that Argentina midfield either to be honest. Don't know a great deal about Banega but he seems like a kind of all-rounder and not creatively focussed. CB's look like they could be a bit of a problem too. All this shouldn't really matter tonight, but against a top opponent it could be an issue. I'm not touching them though. I'm going to tail the Colombia clean sheet pick. Looking at their squad their back for could/should be: Perea, Zapata, Yepes, Armero. That's pretty nice and given that they'll have at least one shield in midfield it could be a real strength. Add to that they are playing a 'B' side and even at 1.66 it looks decent. Colombia clean sheet - 1.66 - 6 points - Bet365

Higuain not to score looks like a very good bet at that value. Thanks dude.
Lööb/Ei Löö värava (Will/Will not score) The Player has to be on the starting line-up. Own goals do not count. The rules from Triobet, but 100% same in Nordicbet and Unibet

Re: Copa America > Saturday 2nd July Bolivia look pretty poor on paper, think the Argie clean sheet bet is prob the way to go, that team isn't that attacking in midfield as others have already pointed out. Bolivia have a poor goalscoring record away and it's obviously going to be difficult for them in Buenos Aires, they were 0-1-8 in the WC2010 Qualifiers..It all rests on Messi as usual, every game I see with Argentina if he plays well the team works, if he somehow gets shut down the team will struggle, Bolivia are the worst side in SA though and seem to be thought of as poor all over the pitch. Not going to pretend to know too much about Bolivia but I think it's fair to say they will be looking to keep it tight and frustrate. Bookies obviously banking on it being a landslide but there is a bit of value in under 3 @2.85, I expect Argentina to win to nil but it's going to be about how secure Bolivia are going to be at the back. Argentina to win to nil is 1.72 at Laddies which is fair enough I think, especially considering Argentina clean sheet is 1.28 at totes.

Re: Copa America > Saturday 2nd July Argentina lost the quarter final against Germany last year in the midfield imho, though their defense also sucked cause of Maradona line ups and they still do not have enough creative options there. But i still tend to play the -2.5 AH handicap here on Argentina tonight. Reason for that is they will have 70-80% ball percentage anyway i guess and they will create enough goal chances to cover the spread because Bolivia had the worst defense in south american wc qualifyers and wont be able to handle Argentinas attack since these players are way better than opponents Bolivias defenders normally deal with. Bolivia achieved occasional good results away from home in Brasil in world cup qualifyer and test friendly in Paraguay with 0-0 draws. But difference here in my eyes is that Paraguay is very limited in offense and Brasil selecao probably didnt take the match in 2008 serious whereas opening match for Argentina in front of home crowd is pretty big. So i believe there is some value left in @1.8 for -2.5 Argentina.

Bolivia look pretty poor on paper, think the Argie clean sheet bet is prob the way to go, that team isn't that attacking in midfield as others have already pointed out. Bolivia have a poor goalscoring record away and it's obviously going to be difficult for them in Buenos Aires, they were 0-1-8 in the WC2010 Qualifiers..It all rests on Messi as usual, every game I see with Argentina if he plays well the team works, if he somehow gets shut down the team will struggle, Bolivia are the worst side in SA though and seem to be thought of as poor all over the pitch. Not going to pretend to know too much about Bolivia but I think it's fair to say they will be looking to keep it tight and frustrate. Bookies obviously banking on it being a landslide but there is a bit of value in under 3 @2.85, I expect Argentina to win to nil but it's going to be about how secure Bolivia are going to be at the back. Argentina to win to nil is 1.72 at Laddies which is fair enough I think, especially considering Argentina clean sheet is 1.28 at totes.
I agree with your analysis. In my opinion Argentina´s recent victory over Albania by a landslide was one of those games that is used to boost your confidence. Historically of the last 5 head 2 head meetings 4 ended with 3 goals scored. I am neither and expert on Bolivian football. I did see Argentina´s match versus the United States. In the first half they played very well, in the second half they did not impress me. I believe there is a little value in under 4 for 1.85 @ 188Bet. In addition to that, if you think that Bolivia will not score, it might be a good option to buy some correct score 3-0 (2-0, 4-0) on betfair for in play trading. Good luck.

Re: Copa America > Saturday 2nd July Argentina - Bolivia under 3.5 @ 2.27 pinnacle Argentina are the obvious favourites and should win. However many of their players are coming off long seasons and not sure they will be in the right frame of mind to go out there and win big today. Rather expect them to be somewhat complacent given that they know they are better than Bolivia, and will probably do enough to win this game, and save their evergy for the latter parts of the tournament. Also expect Bolovia to be very defensive as they know that if they do not, then they will get hammered here.

Re: Copa America > Saturday 2nd July ^^^ above bet is good and risky bet at the same time imo, as u know team like argentina can score more than 2 goals in the 2nd half when teams are slowly tired and preasured out of nowhere, but i do see where u coming from, but i can see Argentina winning first half 3-0 or 2-0 or 1-0 and then go all out in the 2nd half, very risky bet but good luck, im staying out of this whole game betting ,

Re: Copa America > Saturday 2nd July International Soccer 2011 Overall 4W-3L-4P -0.47 units (57.14%) Costa Rica +1.5 (-138) to win 1 unit @ 5dimes Costa Rica sending mostly young players as a late addition to the tournament. Don't see them being any worse then the group that they sent to the Gold Cup. Some of these guys actually also played in the Gold Cup. I think the value lays in CR because the books don't really know what to expect from these guys

Bolivia look pretty poor on paper, think the Argie clean sheet bet is prob the way to go, that team isn't that attacking in midfield as others have already pointed out. Bolivia have a poor goalscoring record away and it's obviously going to be difficult for them in Buenos Aires, they were 0-1-8 in the WC2010 Qualifiers..It all rests on Messi as usual, every game I see with Argentina if he plays well the team works, if he somehow gets shut down the team will struggle, Bolivia are the worst side in SA though and seem to be thought of as poor all over the pitch. Not going to pretend to know too much about Bolivia but I think it's fair to say they will be looking to keep it tight and frustrate. Bookies obviously banking on it being a landslide but there is a bit of value in under 3 @2.85, I expect Argentina to win to nil but it's going to be about how secure Bolivia are going to be at the back. Argentina to win to nil is 1.72 at Laddies which is fair enough I think, especially considering Argentina clean sheet is 1.28 at totes.
Watched the whole game and Argentina were poor and the 1.1 on offer for them never looked a fair indication of their play. They are certainly no Barcelona and Messi gets dragged down with them, he can only do so much with the relative poor quality Argentina had in midfield. It's unfortunate they have so many attacking options in Tevez (who never got involved and looked knackered still), Ageuro (looked good when he came on expect him to start the next game), Lavezzi (who was poor and won't start the next game I wouldn't imagine), Messi, Di Maria (who dived around as usual and had a few moments of quality), Higuain and Milito, but if the service isn't there they can only do so much. They were playing a side who were very defensive though and that's often tough to play against, they looked very quick on the break when they were given a chance to, and they will have more opportunity against more expansive sides. I wouldn't write them off yet but it certainly wasn't an impressive start as they created little. The Bolivia goal was a total freak, something they couldn't do if they recreated the scenario a hundred times, Aguero's goal was first class and Argentina looked a far better side with him on the pitch..

Re: Copa America > Saturday 2nd July Colombia - Costa Rica Pick: Costa Rica +1.5 It is true that Costa Rica is without their best players. They will miss the double scorer from the last Gold Cup Urena, as well as another scorer Mora. few more players like Borges (played all four matches on Gold Cup), Bolanos (also played all four matches on Gold Cup) and Riuz (played three matches) are not with the national team too. You probably heart about the tragic incident when Dennis Marshall lost his life together with his girlfriend. So, why I am favoring Costa Rica? I am not. I really think they will loose, but not with big difference. I was expecting Argentina to trash Bolivia yesterday, but they didn't. Simply, there are no poor national teams anymore. Costa Rica will probably play defensive way on this match, with just one or two players upfront. Even Colombia have good strikers like Falcao from Porto or Hugo Rodallega from Wigan, let be honest - they are not Messi or Tevez class. And Argentina scored just once yesterday. I expect Colombia to win with one goal difference.

Re: Copa America > Saturday 2nd July Argentina - Bolivia under 3.5 @ 2.27 :D Colombia -1.5 @ 2.24 pinnacleCosta Rica are playing without their main players, and hard to see them doing well here, as they face a decent Colombian side, who would have seen the lacklustre performance of the Argentinians yesterday, and will look to ensure there is no complacency here. Colombia have a couple of good strikers in Rodallega and Falcao, while defensively they look pretty solid. A win here looks likely, which will take them to the top of the group, while can see them winning by at least two here

ARGENTINA VS BOLIVIA PREDICTION: ARGENTINA WIN AND CLEAN SHEET @ 1.57
Bet lost. I think everyone here in South America is still shocked by what happened yesterday. Its really hard to explain, I think Argentina's players didn't respect their opponents and they payed for it. We all thought it would b easy, but Bolivia were solid in defense and the Argentine's, unable to break them down collapsed. Bolivia's goal is also inexplicable. I don't know if it went in or not, but what on earth was Banega thinking, why did he try to stop the ball there? Its like back to basics here. Amateur mistake and it cost the team and it cost a lot of us Punters. On Bolivia I was impressed, they defended well and were more dangerous then I thought. Don't expect them to score too many goals though.
COLOMBIA VS COSTA RICA PREDICTION: COLOMBIA CLEAN SHEET @ 1.80
Bet won. As expected Colombia offensively were pretty awful. Up until the, in my opinion, very harsh red card for Costa Rica, the game was pretty even, with both teams not really doing anything. Colombia got lucky with the red card. Costa Rica never really looked like scoring, and I thought Colombia's goalkeeper looked concentrated throughout, though he didn't really intervene much. But he looked solid in crosses and basic stuff. I thought this game would actually be easier for Colombia, but Costa Rica isn't as bad as I thought they would be. Don't know what the odds are going to be like for Bolivia vs Costa Rica, but if they are good their could be value on a +1 handicap on Costa Rica and there will probably be value in a under 2.5 too. Colombia defense wasn't as solid as I thought they would be either. They left Costa Rica with a lot of space sometimes. I don't know if it was down to complacency or not, but if they do that vs Argentina they are going to end up paying the price.