** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Cricket: England vs Sri Lanka T20 International & ODI Series

kevshat

Re: Cricket: England vs Sri Lanka T20 International & ODI Series

Hi I am not knocking Kev because I think his tipping is superb but I find your post strange. You are going to follow Kev with very big stakes. How about posting your views and then see what Kev thinks. That way you could be placing your money on what you think not sure relying on others. What if Kev is wrong?
Staffy, I have posted my views on the game as you will see if you look carefully in this thread. I believe Sri Lanka will win and I have given my reasoning as to why I think so. I would like reassurance and encouragement from knowledgeable punters like Kevshat. I'd rather lose a bet which experts also thought was the right one rather than lose by being a complete mug.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4th One day International England vs Sri Lanka I don't really see what England are going to do differently to win this game. Sri Lanka are on a roll here and are extremely confident. Like BigX said, Dilshan has yet to score big and I see every reason why he won't do so on the 6th of July when a SriLankan victory will seal a win for a side who finished a poor second in the Tests. They would like to salvage something form this tour and winning the 4th ODI is a huge incentive. England are still tinkering around looking for a winning combination. I can't believe they are yet again favourites to win and I'd have taken Sri Lanka with massive stakes at 8/11 so Evens with various bookmakers is a gift. Jump on it now because I think this will definitely shorten to 5/6 on the morning of the game.
For the benefit of Staffy.

Staffy, I have posted my views on the game as you will see if you look carefully in this thread. I believe Sri Lanka will win and I have given my reasoning as to why I think so. I would like reassurance and encouragement from knowledgeable punters like Kevshat. I'd rather lose a bet which experts also thought was the right one rather than lose by being a complete mug.
OK fair comment missed your other post. I would just hate to see someone to follow kev blindly and for the bet to lose. Good luck with what ever you bet on.

OK fair comment missed your other post. I would just hate to see someone to follow kev blindly and for the bet to lose. Good luck with what ever you bet on.
Thank you, Staffy for wishing me luck! Yes, you are right, it never pays to follow blindly and I try very hard to research bets on my own. However, I still lack confidence when it comes to placing large wagers and this is where veterans and experts like yourself and Kevshat are invaluable!

Thank you' date=' Staffy for wishing me luck! Yes, you are right, it never pays to follow blindly and I try very hard to research bets on my own. However, I still lack confidence when it comes to placing large wagers and this is where veterans and experts like yourself and Kevshat are invaluable![/quote'] Trust me I am not an expert at betting. I bet for fun and I am a losing punter. Just remember noone can be 100% right all of the time so make sure its what you can afford to lose.

Kevshat' date=' please, sir, I really need your input for this 4th ODI. I know you've said you'd like to wait until the day so I'll be checking back regularly for your views but I'd like to go into this one with very, very large stakes so your input is very critical! Thank you very much, Kevshat.[/quote'] Hi mate, I'm a little bit busy at the minute but I will reply in full for you when I post my bets up a little later. One thing I will say briefly though is I agree with everything in your post but one thing which hasn't been factored in is this is a day/night match which in England can change things a lot. I'll give you my opinion in full when I've researched the match fully :ok.

Hi mate, I'm a little bit busy at the minute but I will reply in full for you when I post my bets up a little later. One thing I will say briefly though is I agree with everything in your post but one thing which hasn't been factored in is this is a day/night match which in England can change things a lot. I'll give you my opinion in full when I've researched the match fully :ok. No. You'll get your money back if it's a 2-2 draw.
I really do appreciate your kindness and help. Thanks Kevshat!

Kevshat' date=' please, sir, I really need your input for this 4th ODI. I know you've said you'd like to wait until the day so I'll be checking back regularly for your views but I'd like to go into this one with very, very large stakes so your input is very critical! Thank you very much, Kevshat.[/quote'] Don't want to tell you what to do mate, but I would suggest this might not be the best game to go very, very large stakes. A few too many variables for me.... The result could be seriously affected by the weather England could make a few changes to their team and that could go either way England are going to be hurting from the p*ss taking that went on in the last game and we could see a response. However at the end of the day they still might not be good enough to do anything about it. Will wait myself to see what Kev comes up with, but IMO you will probably find better large staking opportunities elsewhere. A bit like Kevs shout on the 6's last night - that was a maximum bet for me and never in doubt. For me I might do a few in play bets tomorrow depending on the weather and the conditions. Although I don't want to give them my money back from this series so nothing that big. :ok

Don't want to tell you what to do mate, but I would suggest this might not be the best game to go very, very large stakes. A few too many variables for me.... The result could be seriously affected by the weather England could make a few changes to their team and that could go either way England are going to be hurting from the p*ss taking that went on in the last game and we could see a response. However at the end of the day they still might not be good enough to do anything about it. Will wait myself to see what Kev comes up with, but IMO you will probably find better large staking opportunities elsewhere. A bit like Kevs shout on the 6's last night - that was a maximum bet for me and never in doubt. For me I might do a few in play bets tomorrow depending on the weather and the conditions. Although I don't want to give them my money back from this series so nothing that big. :ok
I appreciate the advice, Big X. I'll be wary now, thank you! Gutted to have missed out on the 6s bet last night. Need one game to go in with massive stakes so I'll be patient.

Re: Cricket: England vs Sri Lanka T20 International & ODI Series Hey a bit of a small time poster on here but I often read the information that is posted and I think I have come up with a good bet for tomorrow, I think it's a bet that's not been mentioned yet, most economical bowler, G.Swann @3/1 @ StanJames, he's showed time and time again to be England's top bowler and even in the few odi's he's been the most economical so far, granted in some of the games it's been quite close but I think at 3/1 it's worth a bet, or even if you want to exclude Sri Lanka, and just have G.Swann as top bowler, you can have a market for him as top England bowler for the ODI on Bet365 @11/4, I'll take the slightly worse odds on Bet365 @11/4 for 2U's at the strength of 8/10, and without pushing the boat out too much here I'll also go for Jayawardene as top Sri Lankan batsman @3/1 with StanJames, the guy is pure class and has shown in the series he is capable of getting the big runs and has done it once and came close a second time, I don't see why he can't do it this time, and going for 2U's at the strength of 7/10, and for a bigger odds bet and one bet I have yet failed to do when backing a top batsman in an England game especially ODI's and T20's, is Morgan top batsman @13/2 with Bet365, 13/2 is great odds here and big enough to do each way IMO, or if you cannot do E/W on Bet365 he is available at 9/2 on StanJames, I'll personally go for 2U's at the strength of 8/10 using Bet365, also KP is talking about he is due a big score soon and he is available @4/1 on StanJames and he could also be worth a punt, when typing this bet I was torn between KP and Morgan but I have decided to go with Morgan as my main bet but I would also think KP is due a big score, he is getting decent starts and sooner or later he will connect and get a big knock, and as I said 4/1 on StanJames is a good price IMO, and I will also stick 1U on him at the strength of 6/10, these are just my opinions but I feel strongly about them all...

Re: Cricket: England vs Sri Lanka T20 International & ODI Series Big X is spot on. I missed the bit about going very very big on the match. To be honest I don't think one day cricket is the right format to go big on with the match betting as it can change on the slightest things. One good over here or there or a run out or a lucky edge etc etc anything like that makes a massive difference which is why you don't very often see me bet on ODI match bets, I take advantage of the side bets, or try to. That Lords match was a bit of a rarity to me but I'm a lot happier staking more at Lords and The Oval as I only live 30 minutes from London so I can be more sure of conditions. There will occasionally be a gem to go big on in all 3 of the cricket formats (tests, ODI's and T20's) and PL has plenty of excellent punters who will definitely find them and post them up. I wouldn't want to advise you on a bet on Sri Lanka because I don't really have any intentions of backing them and I wouldn't have had even if it was going to be the sunniest day of all time because I've backed them to win the series so I'm effectively already on them at 6/4 tomorrow. However day/night cricket in this country changes a lot and levels it up. There used to be a time in England in day/night cricket when you would bat first and win the match. It's not quite the case these days but it's not far off. So my recommendation is to wait. The opportunity for a big bet will come along sometime soon should you still want it :ok.

Re: Cricket: England vs Sri Lanka T20 International & ODI Series 3 for me in the ODI. I like Trent Bridge. Hopefully I still like it come 10.30pm :lol. 5pts England Most 6's Evs Bet365 First of all I should point out I'm taking this with Bet365 as we have a bit more leeway with any overs lost which we don't have with Skybet as I found out to my cost last week. It's back to my trusted bet here. Sri Lanka hit more 6's at Lords but that will be a rarity in this series. I think we gave Chandimal so much rubbish to face and so many short balls that he was always going to attack it. With the ball likely to swing more at Trent Bridge I'm confident he won't do that again. So then it comes back to what I've said all series. Sri Lanka don't hit many 6's. England hit a lot more and in the likes of Morgan, KP and Kieswetter have natural 6 hitters. Surely Patel has to be added to the batting line up to give it a bit more strength. He can hit it a bit too. The boundaries here at Trent Bridge are a lot easier to clear than Lords but Headingley was easy to clear and we still won that 4-1 despite chasing. With most things being equal I don't think there will be many times England don't outhit Sri Lanka even if they can't outscore them. While I continue to get Evens in this series I'll commit to backing them I think. That's certainly the case here. 0.5pts ew L.Malinga Top Sri Lanka Batsman 66/1 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) Admittedly I'm taking a bit of a risk here. Well a huge one actually but I think the odds are attractive enough. We've seen Sri Lanka struggle in the cold and rain all summer so far and the forecast for Trent Bridge is for cloud and the occasional shower. That's almost certainly going to lead to the ball swinging which could cause problems for Sri Lanka. If England put up a fair score and Sri Lanka have to chase under lights in tough conditions with no real chance of winning it could be set up for Malinga to come out and have a slog with no chance of winning. He can definitely hold a bat. Not only did he top score with a slog at The Oval in the first game of this series but it's only 8 months ago he was making a half century alongside Angelo Mathews and winning an ODI against Australia down under. If the top order do balls up then Malinga could sneak into the money and who knows, even beyond that to the top score. At 66/1 I'll burn a point to find out. 1pt K.Sangakkara Man of the Match 12/1 Stan James Kumar Sangakkara will be feeling really good about himself right now. On Monday he gave a one hour long speech at the spirit of cricket show where he basically slaughtered the politics involved in Sri Lankan cricket. It was a speech which came from the heart and showed his passion for his country and earned a standing ovation from the crowd and lots of positives from his teammates. His batting has been talking the right language in this series too. He's made solid contributions in both of Sri Lanka's wins thus far and you get the feeling a real big score isn't far away from the classy left hander. Throw in he keeps wickets where a stumping or two would be an added bonus and I think we've got a fair runner at 12/1. Sangakkara will be full of beans and high on confidence and with Mahela maybe due a failure I'll take his best mate to be grabbing the champers at the end of this one.

Big X is spot on. I missed the bit about going very very big on the match. To be honest I don't think one day cricket is the right format to go big on with the match betting as it can change on the slightest things. One good over here or there or a run out or a lucky edge etc etc anything like that makes a massive difference which is why you don't very often see me bet on ODI match bets, I take advantage of the side bets, or try to. That Lords match was a bit of a rarity to me but I'm a lot happier staking more at Lords and The Oval as I only live 30 minutes from London so I can be more sure of conditions. There will occasionally be a gem to go big on in all 3 of the cricket formats (tests, ODI's and T20's) and PL has plenty of excellent punters who will definitely find them and post them up. I wouldn't want to advise you on a bet on Sri Lanka because I don't really have any intentions of backing them and I wouldn't have had even if it was going to be the sunniest day of all time because I've backed them to win the series so I'm effectively already on them at 6/4 tomorrow. However day/night cricket in this country changes a lot and levels it up. There used to be a time in England in day/night cricket when you would bat first and win the match. It's not quite the case these days but it's not far off. So my recommendation is to wait. The opportunity for a big bet will come along sometime soon should you still want it :ok.
Thank you so much! You guys are really amazing and I consider myself fortunate to be a member of this forum. As adviced by you and Big X, I'll wait for the right moment to come along before going big. I need to work on my patience and will be watching this space with my eyes peeled!

5pts England Most 6's Evs Bet365
hey mate, just on this one i too enjoy fading SL, but just on the bet365 rules, all i can find is If a match is reduced in overs and a match result is reached then the team that hits the most sixes regardless of amount of overs faced will be the winners. how does this differ to other books?

Re: Cricket: England vs Sri Lanka T20 International & ODI Series 5 PTS Cook Vs Pieterson - Cook 5/6 Bet365 Quite like this bet. Cook looked like he was back to his best in the last match. He isn't the quickest scorer in the squad but he doesn't chuck his wicket away like pieterson usually does. The pressure is on the captain to perform to drag England back in the series and i think he will step up and outscore Pieterson who isn't at his best at the moment.

Rashid' date=' Bresnan, Shahzad. No Yorkshire bias at all then :lol[/quote'] :rollin Didn't realise until you posted that reply ;) To be honest, Broad shouldn't be in the side, nor should Anderson on current form. I'll gladly listen to alternatives for Bresnan and Shahzad, but Rashid needs to be in there. Why we picked Yardy instead of him for the WC I've no idea.

Re: Cricket: England vs Sri Lanka T20 International & ODI Series Top Class performance, very happy with that and Cook yet again puts in an excellent performance. Didn't see such an easy win and couple of good shouts on here. Must of been loving it seeing kieswetter hitting that 3rd 6 kev, didn't look like coming in until the end! Roll on saturday should be a cracker.

Re: Cricket: England vs Sri Lanka T20 International & ODI Series Kev and followers owe Kieswetter a pint! Been a bizarre ODI series... How can 2 teams be so unpredictable? 2 one-sided wins each?!? What will the 5th ODI provide?? Probably a last ball victory!

Never saw the England innings as I was at the Rose Bowl for the Hampshire game. All I know is we won the 6's 3-2 with Kieswetter hitting all 3 of ours. I take it the last one was near the end! Sent from my Desire HD using PL Forum

Re: Cricket: England vs Sri Lanka T20 International & ODI Series 9th July ODI Paddypower has S. Randiv as 66/1 to be Sri Lankan top scorer. This is surely worth a punt seeing as Randiv batted at number 6 in the last ODI! Usually 66/1 can be seen with numbers 9,10,11, meaning Randiv is certainly no mug with the bat.

Re: Cricket: England vs Sri Lanka T20 International & ODI Series Hi guys great work in this thread - I have had an issue with a bookmaker which I have put in the bookmakers and exchanges forum. I would really appreciate it if any of you cricket guys could take a look and offer any advice. Thanks in advance for taking the time to look ;)

9th July ODI Paddypower has S. Randiv as 66/1 to be Sri Lankan top scorer. This is surely worth a punt seeing as Randiv batted at number 6 in the last ODI! Usually 66/1 can be seen with numbers 9,10,11, meaning Randiv is certainly no mug with the bat.
Randiv won't bat 6 on a normal occasion though. He only went in at 6 because they were happy to sacrifice him in the aim for quick runs which I would imagine won't happen again on Saturday. He's no mug with the bat but he's not a top order batsman either and I'd be surprised if he's any higher than 9 on Saturday. At the price though it's always worth the risk that they get a bit giddy and send him in up the order even though I don't see it happening.

Re: Cricket: England vs Sri Lanka T20 International & ODI Series Nothing new for me in this final ODI. I fully expect Sri Lanka to win on a wicket which is sure to turn if Lancashire's matches are anything to go by but none of the lines interest me. I'm on Sri Lanka to win the match at 6/4 in the series bet and as I'm +32.16 for the series I'll keep that as my only interest in this decider.

Re: Cricket: England vs Sri Lanka T20 International & ODI Series England v Sri Lanka 5th ODI - Sri Lanka Win @ 2.25 Betfred Have been deliberating on this match for a while and I wouldn't be that surprsed to see either team win this one. However I would price the teams at evens so I then have to take Sri Lanka @ the 2.25 on offer. I fancied Sri Lanka strongly at the start of the series but my confidence has been slightly knocked following the last match. Dilshan still hasn't come off and if Sril Lanka bat first and he fires then this price will look massive. GL 2 ALL

Re: Cricket: England vs Sri Lanka T20 International & ODI Series Strange move from Sri Lanka. Jayawardene has been in the form of his life in this series and so Sri Lanka move him to number 4 where he won't have as long to bat. Strange :eyes.